Life, one of the most underrated Ayu songs ever? - Page 2 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Chat-Room

Notices

Old 11th May 2009, 07:23 AM
Banned

Life is probably one of the least promoted and used song in Ayu's discography. It was on a single that wasn't used for a studio album; it did not have a PV, no remix, no TV-performance etc.. There's a good chance we'll never hear of this song ever again..

However, underrated means that it's good. And well. Life is such an easy popsong. You can like it, you can love it; but I don't think you can really call it original and well-made
Still; the song reminds a bit of The Corrs. And this is one of the few easy popsongs that I do really like from time to time =) Her vocals are really good in the verses
Old 11th May 2009, 07:25 AM
Virgin Road Initiate

well...its all come back to individual taste of music...
me myself not like [life], its ok...but definitely not my favorite...
i think [born to be] is really underrated, i like that song...
[beautiful days] and [beautiful fighters] for me is just ok...

Ayumi Hamasaki...Queen of my life...

Last edited by AyuGAME; 11th May 2009 at 07:51 AM.
Old 11th May 2009, 07:32 AM
I am... Initiate

I liked "Life" ever since it came out. I might even like it more than "Mirrocle World", because it's kinda all over the place at times. "Life" is more simple and straight-forward in arrangement. And I love the instrumental bridge. It is similar to "It was" in a sense, which I also like and most other people on here don't.

「浜崎あゆみ」であること
”歌う”ということ
それは”生きる”ということ

SCawaii May 2008

矛盾だらけの こんな私でも
許されますか 教えてよ

浜崎あゆみ 「I am...」

Old 11th May 2009, 07:51 AM
SURREAL H-Initiate

i've always liked it, and i love born to be... way more than startin. haha

"Remember, don't let others dictate your music taste. If you like whatever you're listening to, keep listening to it."

Old 11th May 2009, 07:55 AM
Who... Initiate

I don't dislike Life, but I listen to it rarely because it makes me feel a little... uneasy. I know that's totally opposite of what it's supposed to be like, but I guess for me it's just that it remind me quite a bit of some songs I used to listen to when my life wasn't exactly the greatest, so if I don't feel kinda nostalgic I don't usually listen to it. There's nothing wrong with the song itself for me though.
Old 11th May 2009, 08:11 AM
1 LOVE Initiate

wat do u want us to say?

ayu doesnt like Life.
Old 11th May 2009, 08:26 AM
NOTHING FROM NOTHING Initiate

I used to believe that it was just an "impromptu" song. The kinds I skip over on my playlist. It wasn't until really recently when someone acquainted with me died that I realized what the song is really about and how great it is.. I think if people were able to relate to the song's message, they'd enjoy it much more. I agree with xHeartstation. Walking Proud is very underrated... I LOVE THAT SONG!
Old 11th May 2009, 08:27 AM
Sexy little things Protector

Life is actually one of my favorite songs (doesn't make the top 10, but I REALLY like it ). I loved it from the minute I heard the previews to when it came out. It reminded me so much of her older ballads and Together When..., which also has a hint of her older ballads in it. I ESPECIALLY like the end. It's amazing. <3

And I also REALLY love Born to be! It's a real pick-me-up for when I'm sad.
Old 11th May 2009, 08:49 AM
Gut it-pez Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gus-tave View Post
Life=good; MW=bad.

I'm happy that MW didn't make it onto NL, but I think Life would have been nice to go with Days on there... (Also, Life>Days)

I am sure people are going to kill me for all of the things I have said today. XD
I think I feel the same way as you!

Mirrorcle World is too messy for me, everything is all over the place. I love Life since I first time heard the preview because of its simple arrangement and music. and IMO this song is emotional~

Old 11th May 2009, 08:57 AM
A BALLADS Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rody! View Post
Life is probably one of the least promoted and used song in Ayu's discography. It was on a single that wasn't used for a studio album; it did not have a PV, no remix, no TV-performance etc.. There's a good chance we'll never hear of this song ever again..

However, underrated means that it's good. And well. Life is such an easy popsong. You can like it, you can love it; but I don't think you can really call it original and well-made
Still; the song reminds a bit of The Corrs. And this is one of the few easy popsongs that I do really like from time to time =) Her vocals are really good in the verses
I would love a remix of Life. I remember there was a mix-like thing here a while ago crossing it with SEASONS. A full crossover/mashup would be awesome!

Signature presented by the amazing majrakun <3 thanks photobucket
MY
Twitter | last.fm | Facebook | Tumblr

Old 11th May 2009, 12:46 PM
GAME Initiate

'Life' totally slaughters most of the NEXT LEVEL album tracks. Truly excellent song. I agree that the song was a complete breath of fresh air after the somewhat aggressive, synthrock sounds of GUILTY. At the same time, it retained that old Ayu feeling.

Vocally, it's one of her better emoted songs in recent years. I think the song has what I will call the 'TO BE' effect. She's emoting a kind of subtle emotion. One that is rather hard to put in to words. From 'Life', I feel a sort of sadness, optimism, and humility resonating from her vocals. When the song ends, I'm not really sure how I feel overall. It's not a feeling of extreme happiness or sadness, but it's some kind of transcendental feeling.

The intro is friggin' siiiick. I don't think any of her songs have ever opened so bluntly and with such drive from the get go. I can think of a few others (MY ALL and SIGNAL, but none as great is 'Life'.

I always get the feeling that some people who don't like the song are just really spoiled by overproduced pop songs. Admittedly, 'Life' is way too raw for someone used to listening to extravagant and pompous arrangements.
Old 11th May 2009, 01:37 PM
my name's WOMEN Initiate

I agree with most of you guys
Life deserve more love!

When I listen it for the first time I was thought 'I like it but.. is an awful b-side for MW'. After some listens I start to love this song. Her voice is so pure and emotional as the arrangement. It's one of her best melancholic song.

Old 11th May 2009, 01:38 PM
count down Initiate

Life is amazing... and the lyrics are seriously one of her best too. And when she "wooo yeah yeah" at the end... God I had goosebumps!

Also, I really hate Beautiful Day cos well I don't know either, but Born To Be... reminds me of soccer, which, needless to say, makes me love the song. Beautiful Fighters belong to the genres of Ayu-songs that I LOVE the most - SUGAR POP!!! Even HONEY and ANGEL'S SONG... songs like that, God I love them all!

And it's quite sad to see that so many of us dislike Days... it's like my most favorite Ayu song ever but I'm a Days-stan so oh well.

YAYAYAYA GAGAGAGA DADADADA WOWOWOWO

Old 11th May 2009, 03:54 PM
independent Initiate

'Life' has been one of my favourite Ayu songs since it was released. I instantly fell in love with it and I basically agree with what Coelacanth had to say. I'm not sure what emotion I'm feeling towards the end of the song. It's all sorts of emotions built into one. I sometimes get a sense of happiness, sadness, nostalgia, moving on, forgetting the past, etc. It's an amazing song in my opinion.
Old 11th May 2009, 04:11 PM
forgiveness Initiate

Actually, for me Life is kind of non-excisting so its really underrated in my house. But I just dont care for it.

But in the other way... I LOOOOOVE Born To Be..., Beautiful Fighters and Beautiful Day. All of them makes me happy and I love to listen to them. all of them gets 4,5/5.

[Video] Key ~eternal tie ver.~_______LJ Blog________[Video] A History
[BIG SALE! Ayu CDs/DVDs/Goods/Ayupans and more!]
AHS married to Maro
~13/1-2010~

Spoiler:
We had such a nice time. We started dating in t2m PV, took it slow you know, let our love grow. Then it got really serious in 2008. Then after AT2009 we moved in together. It was lovely. Then on AT2010 he asked me to marry him. He was such a sweet. And Ayu gave us our blessings. She was also such a sweet. Now me and Maro are such a sweets together. Aaaw, how time flies.
Old 11th May 2009, 04:18 PM
A BALLADS Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenPang View Post
I suppose not a lot of people like Life as it was very overshadowed the greatness that's of Mirrorcle World ?

Then again it's kinda expected since it's usually the case of the A-side overshadowing the B-side . I seldom see the opposite effect of things
I actually prefer the B-Sides of many artists over their A-Sides, but ayu just has boring B-Sides xDDD
Old 11th May 2009, 04:20 PM
(don't) Leave me alone Initiate

it just doesn't catch your attention or anything, it reminds me of some of the songs on MY STORY.
it's okay, the lyrics are amazing
Old 11th May 2009, 04:25 PM
Memorial address (take 2 version) Initiate

i don't like it
Old 11th May 2009, 07:51 PM
Banned

Other underrated songs (songs that don't get a lot of attention):

-Monochrome: I think a lot of people don't like the instrumental that goes with this. I think the lyrics are really interesting.

-Immature: Another song which not many people seem to talk about a lot. The lyrics to this song are really great. I think all of the remixes for this are great.

-Girlish: The vocals in this song are what I think of as the "classic" ayu singing style. It's really catchy and recently I've begun to appreciate it a lot more.

-Fated: I think a lot of people thought this song was boring, (actually, I used to think it was boring) but after I listened to it I really liked it.

-For My Dear: I used to think this song was annoying, but after I really listened to it, I found that I liked it. I think that the vocals really are what make a lot of people not like this song. I think if she re-recorded this song it would be great.

-Present/Replace: I think both of these songs are not liked by many people. They're just really happy songs and I feel like she's directly singing to me when I listen to them.

Those are all I can think of now... Some of these are really not my favorite songs, but they're good and they don't get a lot of attention.
Old 11th May 2009, 07:58 PM
(don't) Leave me alone Initiate

^ ahh i love monochrome, immature, fated, replace, and for my dear... is growing on me but only with her new vocals!

other songs i think don't get enough attention/are underrated are Trust, WE WISH, Dolls, rainy day, too late, SIGNAL, Because of You & Connected

Tags
ayumi hamasaki, life, song, underrated