New singles Terminal & XOXO ~episode 2~ - Page 9 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 6th October 2014, 05:13 PM

I think there is a difference between haters and people who are just disappointed.
People, like Zeke., were explaining why they LOVE Ayu but are somewhat disappointed the last few years. I know that sometimes people can be annoying when expressing their frustration over and over again, but to be fair and honest: people are in general easily annoyed by people who express an opinion which differs from their own.
There are also a lot of people here at ahs who are annoyed by people who love everything Ayu does.
This time I found people to be polite and speaking about their personal feelings regarding their fandom, except for a few who where bashing Ayu but were only writing one sentence.
I think it would make for a better "discussion culture" (can one say this in english?) and ahs a better place if we could just ignore the haters, but take those seriously who are just explaining their feelings regarding Ayu's career right now. To shrug every "negative" comment off just hardens the fronts between the "I love everything Ayu does right now"-people and the "I don't like what Ayu does right now"-people. That's why I don't like to come here atm, people are constantly bashing eachother. I wish for ahs to be a place were people bring on arguments, why they like/don't like something, and are being respectful to eachother.
I mean, discussions can be entertaining and interesting this way, because sometimes other people are able to bring on arguments you've never thought of before.
Just my two cents.

Personally I'm also very disappointed regarding Ayu. I don't care for sales, I have nothing against her music the last few years and I think her concerts are even better than before! It's not like everything is bad for me. But the way she's handling herself in public annoys me. I fucking don't care who she's dating or who she marries. I fucking don't care! I don't want all those informations shoved right into my face. With her latest marriage she didn't do this anymore, but with Mannie it was the point where it started for me to go downhill.
And what does annoy me even more is that she has this habbit of pitying herself on fb and/or twitter a lot the last years. Party Queen era was the peak, though.
Furthermore I can't stand her PVs after R'n'R Circus. There are a few I like, but nothing I love. In the past I used to love them or be at least entertained by them, now it's always this "wtf" moment or simply "I don't care". Or there are great ideas for her recent PVs but the execution is terrible, what leads again in a "wtf" moment.
I don't know, I'm just constantly disappointed by her actions/behaviour the last few years. I admired this woman so much back then that it hurts that she changed so much. And back then everything seemed perfect to me, like Zeke explained there seemed to be a bigger concept, now they are executed in such a poor way.
There are people who don't see it the way I see it and who think everything is perfect the way it is. You guys are free to feel this way, but I'm free to feel the other way around.
There is no use in telling people who are disappointed to "let go", because it's not like we hate everything Ayu does, there are still a lot of things we love, but it just feels different now.
Old 6th October 2014, 05:49 PM
too late Initiate

This is a new official kindda remix by Armin Van Buuren (released in A State of Trance episode 679) : it is a mashup of Ayumi Hamasaki vs. Idina Menzel - Let Terminal Go (Armin van Buuren Mashup)
Here is the link :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLwcuFNMEEM

Nothing really new but as Armin made it...enjoy !
Old 6th October 2014, 06:25 PM
ANGEL'S SONG Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiu-Ayu View Post
People have been saying that since (miss)understood and she's still going lol
This so much lol

My first J-pop cover album is out on Spotify! Please check it out!
Old 6th October 2014, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by errikkutrancex View Post
This is a new official kindda remix by Armin Van Buuren (released in A State of Trance episode 679) : it is a mashup of Ayumi Hamasaki vs. Idina Menzel - Let Terminal Go (Armin van Buuren Mashup)
Here is the link :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLwcuFNMEEM

Nothing really new but as Armin made it...enjoy !
That's pretty cool!
Old 6th October 2014, 07:01 PM
rainy day Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chibi-Chan View Post
I think there is a difference between haters and people who are just disappointed.
People, like Zeke., were explaining why they LOVE Ayu but are somewhat disappointed the last few years. I know that sometimes people can be annoying when expressing their frustration over and over again, but to be fair and honest: people are in general easily annoyed by people who express an opinion which differs from their own.
There are also a lot of people here at ahs who are annoyed by people who love everything Ayu does.
This time I found people to be polite and speaking about their personal feelings regarding their fandom, except for a few who where bashing Ayu but were only writing one sentence.
I think it would make for a better "discussion culture" (can one say this in english?) and ahs a better place if we could just ignore the haters, but take those seriously who are just explaining their feelings regarding Ayu's career right now. To shrug every "negative" comment off just hardens the fronts between the "I love everything Ayu does right now"-people and the "I don't like what Ayu does right now"-people. That's why I don't like to come here atm, people are constantly bashing eachother. I wish for ahs to be a place were people bring on arguments, why they like/don't like something, and are being respectful to eachother.
I mean, discussions can be entertaining and interesting this way, because sometimes other people are able to bring on arguments you've never thought of before.
Just my two cents.

Personally I'm also very disappointed regarding Ayu. I don't care for sales, I have nothing against her music the last few years and I think her concerts are even better than before! It's not like everything is bad for me. But the way she's handling herself in public annoys me. I fucking don't care who she's dating or who she marries. I fucking don't care! I don't want all those informations shoved right into my face. With her latest marriage she didn't do this anymore, but with Mannie it was the point where it started for me to go downhill.
And what does annoy me even more is that she has this habbit of pitying herself on fb and/or twitter a lot the last years. Party Queen era was the peak, though.
Furthermore I can't stand her PVs after R'n'R Circus. There are a few I like, but nothing I love. In the past I used to love them or be at least entertained by them, now it's always this "wtf" moment or simply "I don't care". Or there are great ideas for her recent PVs but the execution is terrible, what leads again in a "wtf" moment.
I don't know, I'm just constantly disappointed by her actions/behaviour the last few years. I admired this woman so much back then that it hurts that she changed so much. And back then everything seemed perfect to me, like Zeke explained there seemed to be a bigger concept, now they are executed in such a poor way.
There are people who don't see it the way I see it and who think everything is perfect the way it is. You guys are free to feel this way, but I'm free to feel the other way around.
There is no use in telling people who are disappointed to "let go", because it's not like we hate everything Ayu does, there are still a lot of things we love, but it just feels different now.
Well said! I do feel the divide between the people who are content with Ayus current state and those who aren't. I also often feel like those who are content with it throw it out there in a more assertive way and somewhat bring about this implied attitude that they are above those who do feel differently. Like "well I still love everything she does so I'm a better fan than you".
Old 6th October 2014, 08:49 PM
appears Initiate

This thread is getting tl;dr.

I like the hackjack remix. I'm pleasantly happy that I purchased the single, even though it's release and history is kind of a trainwreck.
Old 6th October 2014, 11:02 PM
Heartplace Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke. View Post
Well said! I do feel the divide between the people who are content with Ayus current state and those who aren't. I also often feel like those who are content with it throw it out there in a more assertive way and somewhat bring about this implied attitude that they are above those who do feel differently. Like "well I still love everything she does so I'm a better fan than you".
Seriously.

It does get really tiring having your opinions reduced to "YOU GUYS THINK SHE'S AWFUL BECAUSE HER SALES ARE BAD SO YOU'RE IMMATURE!"

Like, no. There's a much bigger picture here. It's not just one single or one release's low sales that lend to the idea/standpoint/notion/possibility/WHATEVER that she's not putting as much effort into her work or that her career is in a pretty bad place. It's the culmination of years of weird stuff and awful decision making. I really wish certain members would stop trying to negate some very genuine concerns by belittling them to make them look petty and unfounded. It's childish.
Old 7th October 2014, 02:28 AM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Punks View Post
Seriously.

It does get really tiring having your opinions reduced to "YOU GUYS THINK SHE'S AWFUL BECAUSE HER SALES ARE BAD SO YOU'RE IMMATURE!"

Like, no. There's a much bigger picture here. It's not just one single or one release's low sales that lend to the idea/standpoint/notion/possibility/WHATEVER that she's not putting as much effort into her work or that her career is in a pretty bad place. It's the culmination of years of weird stuff and awful decision making. I really wish certain members would stop trying to negate some very genuine concerns by belittling them to make them look petty and unfounded. It's childish.
One person's garbage is other person's treasure.

There's a huge difference between "I didn't like this/that/anything since MY STORY" to "This bitch is crazy/She doesn't care about her career/She is listening to bad people" etc.

You and anybody else are free to dislike anything you want, but it gets really annoying when people come over here trashing everything like everything is bad from an objective (and not subjective) point of view, or like they are having tea with her on the afternoon and can say for sure what's on her mind regarding her career or how much she cares.

You don't know shit, on the same way people who are satisfied knows shit about how is she feeling about her career.

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 7th October 2014, 03:10 AM
WE WISH Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayu_ready? View Post
I understand this feeling too and I thought much about it, because for one point once it felt more like the Ayu mega-manager who wrote the lyrics (maybe) andd controlled the execution (maybe) was changed and this we got the different Ayu we got. what if she actually was like this from the start?
Yeah, it's hard. Because you want to think that everything in the past was more her and that the present is more other people doing things for her. Because it seemed like she used to imply that. But with what she was saying about doing more what she wants and thinks is better lately, instead of doing everything that other people suggest, it makes me feel like she wasn't who I thought she was, or didn't do what I thought she did. And like, I don't want to believe that. What she does now is nice and all but things like the music videos for colours baffle me. But I guess this is ayu.

Ayu 💛 JASMINE 💛 Hikki 💛 Eiko 💛 MELL
♡ MUCC ♡

Twitter

Old 7th October 2014, 05:19 AM
Secret Initiate

I'm surprised with the reaction towards Colours, tbh. I gave up on Ayu after Party Queen but the moment she dropped the Merry-go-round preview I was all up on her again.
Old 7th October 2014, 05:48 AM
WE WISH Initiate

I personally really like Colours. Merry-go-round is one of my fav ayu songs now. And the booklet shoot is everything lol. But whatever, we all have different opinions lol. I get more concerned with other smaller things in ayu's career since I still enjoy her music a lot.

I wish this Terminal single had a little more to it though. Since I like Terminal a lot. And wouldn't mind more remixes.

Ayu 💛 JASMINE 💛 Hikki 💛 Eiko 💛 MELL
♡ MUCC ♡

Twitter

Old 7th October 2014, 07:54 AM
Two of us Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrenekoi View Post
One person's garbage is other person's treasure.

There's a huge difference between "I didn't like this/that/anything since MY STORY" to "This bitch is crazy/She doesn't care about her career/She is listening to bad people" etc.

You and anybody else are free to dislike anything you want, but it gets really annoying when people come over here trashing everything like everything is bad from an objective (and not subjective) point of view, or like they are having tea with her on the afternoon and can say for sure what's on her mind regarding her career or how much she cares.

You don't know shit, on the same way people who are satisfied knows shit about how is she feeling about her career.

On the contrary my dear, it's the complete opposite. Being satisfied when an artist is doing mediocre projects like ayu's current single for example. It's honestly sad, i mean even if you compare her works and concerts from now and two years ago. The difference in quality is clearly seen. Now a fan who sees these changes and complains because they know that ayu can do better. That is the characteristic of fans who genuinely care and believe in her. Those fans truly want ayu to give 100% on her music like she used to or even more. But those who see ayu half-a*****her music and actually say it's ok because that's ayu right now. When something it's clearly wrong . Those fans don't know sh** and don't believe that ayu can do better.
I've seen ayu's best and this years mess it's it.

Last edited by calltome; 7th October 2014 at 07:57 AM.
Old 7th October 2014, 08:57 AM
opening Run Initiate

AHS loves drama so much:-) Some of you take the fact that she never stops releasing new music and touring FOR GRANTED and focus on little things. That's why you will never be happy with Ayu, you don't appreciate what she's giving to you. I wonder how you'd feel if she goes on hiatus like Utada.
COUNTDOWN LIVE 2012-2013 ~WAKE UP~ (29.12, 30.12, 31.12)
15th Anniversary TOUR ~A BEST LIVE~ (11.05, 12.05 (Yokohama), 15.05, 16.05 (Osaka)
COUNTDOWN LIVE 2013-2014 A (29.12, 30.12, 31.12)
COUNTDOWN LIVE 2014-2015 A, Cirque de Minuit (29.12, 30.12, 31.12)
ARENA TOUR 2015 Cirque de Minuit ~真夜中のサーカス~(11.04, 12.04 Saitama)
COUNTDOWN LIVE 2015-2016 A ~MADE IN TOKYO~ (29.12, 30.12, 31.12)
COUNTDOWN LIVE 2016-2017 A『Just the beginning -20-』(29.12, 30.12)

Last edited by Chris85; 7th October 2014 at 10:44 AM.
Old 7th October 2014, 09:01 AM
Replace Initiate

I can understand the stagnation in music, I can understand that. but what happened to having nice PVs? they don't have to be too meaningful like Free&Easy or too romantic-heartbroken like Days, but why can't we just have normal camera and normal light and normal effects and medium budget? why can't we get a normal PV director? it's so messy
Old 7th October 2014, 09:05 AM
ayu-mi-x II Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayu_ready? View Post
I can understand the stagnation in music, I can understand that. but what happened to having nice PVs? they don't have to be too meaningful like Free&Easy or too romantic-heartbroken like Days, but why can't we just have normal camera and normal light and normal effects and medium budget? why can't we get a normal PV director? it's so messy
I thought the PVs for Colours were pretty normal? I enjoyed all 3 of the album PVs.

倖田來未
浜崎あゆみ
中森明菜
松田聖子
鈴木亜美

Old 7th October 2014, 10:33 AM
MY STORY Initiate

I wasn't pleased with Colours at first but then I suddenly got do addicted to it, and it sounded awesome. It doesn't reach my top 5 favorites though. MY STORY and RAINBOW are still more awesome but Colours isn't a bad album at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiu-Ayu View Post
People have been saying that since (miss)understood and she's still going lol
That's what I've heard lol. Usually I just ignore those kind of comments but today they piss me off so easily. I just have to control my temper though and keep the rage post somewhere deep inside me because I'm not going to fight here with anyone.

You can find me from these too:
~ Facebook
~ Instagram
~ AO3

Old 7th October 2014, 11:30 AM
Heartplace Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrenekoi View Post
Again, you act like there's 0 evidence and fans are just pulling complaints out of thin air just to gripe about something. And that's not the case. There's plenty of evidence that says she doesn't care, as I'm sure there's probably evidence that says she does care, although I haven't really seen any. I mean, granted, there's no way we can ever know for 100% certain, but that doesn't discount all the evidence pointing one way or the other.

I just don't get why you think the situation has to be SO black and white. It isn't. It really isn't.

In any case, I'm not even the one who said she didn't care about her career in this thread lol. I do think her career is in a really sad place, and she doesn't seem interested in making it any better at this point. I mean, she seems content with how things are going. And I genuinely think that her career isn't her priority anymore. I'm not saying that's necessarily a BAD thing for her. I'm not trying to villainize her. That's just how I see it.
Old 7th October 2014, 11:33 AM
TO BE Initiate

Is the english version of Terminal on the single?
Old 7th October 2014, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayupan90 View Post
Is the english version of Terminal on the single?
No, just the original mix (the album version), the dub mix and the remix.
Old 7th October 2014, 04:13 PM
TO BE Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chibi-Chan View Post
No, just the original mix (the album version), the dub mix and the remix.
Oh, I thought the english version was supposed to be on there. Thanks for the info!

So does that mean we'll never hear it?

Tags
terminal, xoxo