『M 愛すべき人がいて』The story of encounter & separation hidden in the birth of a songstress - Page 4 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Celebrity News

Notices

Old 4th August 2019, 12:41 AM
ayu-mi-x Initiate

I'm actually excited what Ayu has up her sleeve because this is obviously a marketing plot to get her on the news.

I'm thinking something is being released soon (hopefully a new album) because this book is #1 on Amazon and is selling like hot cakes. It's definitely working and getting her a lot of attention.

I'm shocked and surprised M is about Max. It's making me curious and want to revisit some of the songs that are about Max.
Old 4th August 2019, 12:51 AM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by njanjayrp View Post
^ Also some AHS members have a need to seize every opportunity they have to portray ayu in the worst way possible, tbh the whole “selling of her private life” thing is beyond ridiculous. She is a public figure who has been in the medias for more than 20 years. Each of the songs she has been selling is a piece of her private life. It always has been.

Also that post by chibi-chan WTF??? Overreacting much?

To bad she isn’t having a single out in September. They definitely don’t know how to cash these in.
I wouldn't be surprised if either the book or the drama will be used as a way for her to release something...

The funny thing in here is that people are always running their mouth to say how irrelevante she became and them there she is grabbing people's attention again.

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 4th August 2019, 03:37 AM
TO BE Initiate

If there's ever a fan translation or it gets translated to english — I'd be interested to read it for sure.
Old 4th August 2019, 04:56 AM
poker face Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrenekoi View Post
Guys... Her whole career was based on her exploiting her personal life to make money. The majority lf of her lyrics, and every single one from her peak, are about her personal life. WTH? O_o

And I dont get the pommy48 comment about her not wanting to be a product when she said several times at her peak that this was exactly what she was/is. A product. This is even more funny on a forum where most of the complains about her is that she is not being "product enough".

THIS

Old 4th August 2019, 07:33 AM
ANGEL'S SONG Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by pommy48 View Post
I remember how genuine she was when she was younger about not wanting to be sold as Ayumi Hamasaki, a product.

This was a calculated move involving her. I miss the days when her private life was private.
I think you got the wrong artist

My first J-pop cover album is out on Spotify! Please check it out!
Old 4th August 2019, 11:04 AM
POWDER SNOW Initiate

Man it makes me question how long some of y'all been fans of her? Her private life was never kept private in the first place. Not even through gossips but through lyrics? And that Max and Ayu gossip? Like that gossip was going on since the late 90's and anyone who really knew Ayu from the beginning already knows what's up, we're just gonna get more details. I'm not surprised tho cause there was smth "romantic" going on between the two of them at least for a few years. Tho it never really got serious compared to TK and Tomomi, now that was a total train wreck.

Some of y'all are just so dramatic and act as if Ayu was an innocent girl when the fact is that she was never the typical japanese good girl from the start... Max discovered her at a club and she was a high school dropout for God's sakes lmao

I don't know what is the big deal, knowing that a lot of these stuff has happened nearly 20 years ago, I don't think Ayu nor Max cares and thus a confirmation from Ayu herself. At least these rumors would be put to rest.

praying for your souls

Last edited by rikku1994; 4th August 2019 at 11:27 AM.
Old 4th August 2019, 11:37 AM
SEASONS Initiate

It seems we’re forgetting something, this is a fictional book based on reality, which part it’s true and what part is not we’ll never know.

Anyway, hope for some music release this autumn.
Old 4th August 2019, 12:08 PM
Born To Be... Initiate

Kinda sad it had to come to this. Also, I am not sure if I really want to know about all this... in so many details I mean. Slightly sided with Chibi-Chan here.

Also M about Max??!! Maybe it is just me, but it seems reaaaaaaaally farfetched.

Tho, if it is true about TV adaption, I kinda wish Mika Ninagawa would take the job and make Helter Skelter 2.

Old 4th August 2019, 01:20 PM
Far away Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by URANUS View Post
I'm actually excited what Ayu has up her sleeve because this is obviously a marketing plot to get her on the news.
Grabbing that cash! I foresee a launch of A BEST 3 around the Tokyo Olympics to not only grab domestic sales but also increase international exposure. All we need now is to see her being friendly with Sheena Ringo who is one of the five Creative Directors for the 2020 Ceremonies.
Old 4th August 2019, 02:55 PM
WHATEVER Initiate

I have an issue with the whole manager/producer dating a young/upcoming singer dynamic as others have mentioned, but I also want to mention that I hope this doesn't change the perception of prime Ayumi Hamasaki as a self made, motivated woman...but I can't help but feel this will. I know Max was always highly involved with her career/always believed Ayu and him had a thing, but I've also staunchly believed that Ayu paved her own way and wasn't dependent professionally or creatively upon the power of a man high up at Avex. I really hope no specific songs are mentioned, because the appeal of Ayu to me was always the ambiguity of her lyrics and thus their applicability to people in my own life / theorizing about who she could be talking about (simply for fun!). Confirmation of certain songs being about specific people (aside from of course, those songs that are about family/friends who have passed and are meant to be a form of remembrance) would impact how I perceive certain tracks. But whatever I guess, we get tidbits about songs in interviews every now and then regardless. This really is no different to that, though I suppose it feels more like a mass transformation of those earlier eras for me.
Old 4th August 2019, 03:17 PM
appears Initiate

Old 4th August 2019, 04:14 PM
walking proud Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chibi-Chan View Post
Yeah, intersting. A story about a wealthy successfull man fucking a teen who is so desperate to make some money to contribute to her mum's income because her father left the family and is therefore in the idol industry selling bikini shots to men to masturbate to. Lovely story. Really, what could possibly be wrong here?
If Max really was involved with Ayu at the beginning of her career, that's sexual abuse. And you all know it.
If this is just gossip, it's still disgusting that Ayu allowed this book/drama adaptation to happen. Not to mention that all that people will think after reading/seeing this will be that the girl with no talent happened to fuck her way to the top and doesn't deserve her spot among the most successfull female Japanese artists at all.
How is it abuse? A little unsettling, maybe, but I wouldn't go so far as abuse. We don't know exactly what or how things were said, and there has always appeared to be a genuine affection between them. And correct me if I'm wrong, but Ayu would have been between the ages of 18-21 at the time.

What you said is all true - she was an idol selling bikini shots for men to masturbate too. But why hide that? I honestly think it's kind of refreshing because she hid her pre-Avex career so much post-fame. It's what happened. Why not embrace it?

And this should come as a shock to no one. It was always heavily rumored and there were pictures of them kissing for christsakes.

I also don't see how this means she doesn't deserve her spot among the most successful female artists of all time. I mean, how she came to fame was always how she came to fame. So you're saying she deserved her spot so long as her past was never officially acknowledged, even though that is indeed what happened? That doesn't make sense. And just sayin' but MANY of the top female artists in Japan have something salacious to their stories. I mean, most of the top females (at least in Japan, not among foreign fans) are idols, and that entire industry is effed up to the max.

Last edited by SunshineSlayer; 4th August 2019 at 04:29 PM.
Old 4th August 2019, 04:28 PM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineSlayer View Post
How is it abuse? Correct me if I'm wrong, but Ayu would have been between the ages of 18-21 at the time.

What you said is all true - she was an idol selling bikini shots for men to masturbate too. But why hide that? I honestly think it's kind of refreshing because she hid her pre-Avex career so much post-fame. It's what happened. Why not embrace it?

And this should come as a shock to no one. It was always heavily rumored and there were pictures of them kissing for christsakes.

I also don't see how this means she doesn't deserve her spot among the most successful female artists of all time. I mean, how she came to fame was always how she came to fame. So you're saying she deserved her spot so long as her past was never officially acknowledged, even though that is indeed what happened? That doesn't make sense. And just sayin' but MANY of the top female artists in Japan have something salacious to their stories. I mean, most of the top females (at least in Japan, not among foreign fans) are idols, and that entire industry is effed up to the max.
100% on point.

Follow me @njanjayrp

Old 4th August 2019, 04:50 PM
POWDER SNOW Initiate

Quote:
How is it abuse? A little unsettling, maybe, but I wouldn't go so far as abuse. We don't know exactly what or how things were said, and there has always appeared to be a genuine affection between them. And correct me if I'm wrong, but Ayu would have been between the ages of 18-21 at the time.

THIS

praying for your souls

Old 4th August 2019, 06:07 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Quote:

It's also not like she never did it again post-fame either...

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 4th August 2019, 07:01 PM
Love song H-Initiate

A COMPLETE back to top few weeks ago, a little before this book
Old 4th August 2019, 08:54 PM
SURREAL Initiate

Quote:

Yes, so much yes
Old 4th August 2019, 09:50 PM
Memorial address (take 2 version) Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokyoxjapanxfan View Post
Honestly I’m pretty sure the Ayu we had at her peak was an absolute direct result of Max’s influence, control and input.

Once he disappeared from overseeing her, and she really became in charge, is the “real” Ayu, imo.
This is 100% what happened and no one will ever convince me otherwise tbh
Old 5th August 2019, 12:01 AM
RED LINE ~for TA~ Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA1SUK1DAY01691 View Post
What changed Ayu, the plain girl from Hakata who came to Tokyo
Wait, the same plain girl who would dye her hair and run off and be gone all the time?

hahahahaahahaahaha

But omg her and Max? THIS IS BRAND NEW INFORMATION

☆ bunnnniiiieeeesssss ☆

- The "New Artists You're Trying Out" Thread -

don't forget to spread the kuu

Old 5th August 2019, 12:59 AM
rainy day Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocopockymaster View Post
This is 100% what happened and no one will ever convince me otherwise tbh
That’s right. Another important part of the text, which appears on the cover and I believe hasn’t been translated here yet, is something along the likes of “I loved one man so much I destroyed myself.”

I think ayu went on living as the creation Hamasaki Ayumi under his guidance, and in later years when she started pitching the “real ayu,” thing, like doing open interviews, “nude” themes and trying to convey herself on more of an personal level, is when she tried to regain who she was/is outside of the persona that was created for her.

Tags
m 愛すべき人がいて