[2010] Major companies don't want Ayu in their commercials - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Celebrity News

Notices

Old 12th May 2010, 04:00 AM
TO BE Initiate

[2010] Major companies don't want Ayu in their commercials

A list came out of celebrities companies wouldn't want campaigning for them (appearing in cms) and Ayu made the list.

1 Sakai Noriko ('Even if she recovers, never will we use her' 'It's weird that her agency is being so relaxed about it')

2 Sawajiri Erika ('We should not be using her''Isn't it alright if she does her work in foreign countries')

3 Fujiwara Norika ('Her Kansai dialect is a little weird' 'Her shallow explanation at the K-1 was annoying')

4 Hisamoto Masami ('She has an image that she's possessed by something' 'Her vulgar impression is not okay')

5 Kanda Uno ('How many times is she going to have a wedding ceremony?' 'Doesn't know the world enough' 'There is no need to use her')

6 Ueno Juri ('Lack of manners' 'There was a time where she suddenly cried and stopped the scene')

7 Hirosue Ryoko ('In the past she had an eccentric behavior and she received a loss due to that' 'I would never want to work with her again')

8 ICONIQ ('Why is she bald?' 'She gives a bit of a shady feel')

9 Tsuchiya Anna ('Handsomeness does not equal not knowing manners' 'Isn't it a bit wrong using informal speech towards the people around her?')

10 Kinoshita Yukina ('Her yankee character is a double edged sword. We cannot ignore those voices who wants to avoid her')

11 Terashima Shinobu ('She's misunderstanding by thinking she's a great actress' 'She doesn't seem like she matches commercials')

12 Kanabe Kaori ('Isn't she appealing her intelligence a bit too much' 'Being scared due to her act of being a overly good person')

13 Hamasaki Ayumi ('The numbers of groupies she has is astounding' 'Worried if her voice will come out properly')

14 Yamada Yu ('She lacks female popularity' 'Curious because she appears in the non bank commerical'

15 Suzanne ('Her stupid character is honestly hard to use' 'By now, she should change her direction')

groupies?!?!?!?! sad that they are scared about her voice though

picture of the article in spoiler
Spoiler:

translation by very_pinku at aramatheydidnt
http://community.livejournal.com/ara...0580#t55730580

Last edited by DOLCE; 12th May 2010 at 04:12 AM.
Old 12th May 2010, 04:02 AM
Boys & Girls Initiate

WOW.. I feel so bad for Sawajiri Erika.. She just had one bad day in her life and until now every company is hesitant about her...

At least Ayu's reasons are silly. It's like they don't know what to criticize about her so they mention her fans.

Old 12th May 2010, 04:04 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

This is actually old, I think.

Kawaii Joyuu's polls/whatevers are always so weird.
Old 12th May 2010, 04:08 AM
TO BE Initiate

^ i don't think this is the same as those random polls they translate though. anyway as the saying goes there no such thing as bad publicity get it ayu~

Old 12th May 2010, 04:09 AM
ourselves Initiate

What a stupid reason to exclude her. Even if she can't sing eventually, she'll be able to talk for a long time. And groupies... wow.

My travel blog
Old 12th May 2010, 04:11 AM
Memorial address (take 2 version) Initiate

Sawajiri Erika
She is quite the primadonna.

ICONIQ
LOL, she already has like a million CMs with major companies.

Tsuchiya Anna
It's true, she doesn't have any manners at all and always speaks too rude and informal.

Ayu
Ouch..
de tu puño y letra
Old 12th May 2010, 04:13 AM
(don't) Leave me alone Initiate

I lol'd at "8 ICONIQ ('Why is she bald?' 'She gives a bit of a shady feel')"
Kinda stupid. At least ayu isn't #1 though.
Old 12th May 2010, 04:13 AM
Connected Initiate

=_= than..how about Honda and panasonic lumix? isnt that major companies?

| PM me for set request |

Old 12th May 2010, 04:17 AM
SURREAL Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ストロボ・EdGE View Post

ICONIQ

I was thinking that too but I got to this part of the article...

"ICONIQ got pushed a lot recently, but unfortunately there are a lot of haters and her image quickly got damaged with all kind of rumors (with plastic surgery being the most talked about). Not many companies want to use her for their big brands, because there have already been a couple of customer complaints and boycotts for products she advertised."

as for Ayu I don't really see this being a big deal, getting a rank outside the top 10 on these kinds of polls or whatever doesn't mean much.
Old 12th May 2010, 04:24 AM
Beautiful Day Initiate

Umm...could we call this another "useless" poll? Why would major companies don't want Ayu in their commercials?
BALLAD Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ストロボ・EdGE View Post
Sawajiri Erika
She is quite the primadonna.

ICONIQ

Tsuchiya Anna
It's true, she doesn't have any manners at all and always speaks too rude and informal.

Ayu
Ouch..
about erika, it's a risk using her....i understand their con cern.

for anna...hmm....she's quite straightforward, but according to my japanese boss(i'm working in Casio) who saw her doing the shoots in Japan, she's fun and treats you like an equal, and she's not really rude to the right person

she has a image that can carries product well. See her Shisedo? and the CASIO watches, i like the way she carries them, the energetic in Baby G and the glamourous in Sheen. So far, i find that she's the best spokesperson for Casio watches.

*i'm still sore that the Asia spokesperson has been change to Liang Wen Yin, she's too sugary cute for Sheen!*

about ayu:
i think it's more like ayu is too costly for most companies....and they are scared of the ayu-otakus in Japan. That's why some products never goes to ayu, she have mostly the same companies-Shisedo, Panasonic and that drink company(forgot the name)

hmm....if only Casio will get ayu to be the spokesperson for their watch, she will be quite suitable. not to mention i can just go to the office and get all the free promotion stuff, ho ho ho. They knew that i'm an ayu and anna fan

My Instagram

Because of You Initiate

Top 1 is reasonable , but the rest are ridiculous..

Put my mouth on the lyrics like CPR

Old 12th May 2010, 04:29 AM
JEWEL Initiate

LOL She has too many groupies???? Groupies willing to buy your product if she holds it up??? Wow... what a negative trait Ayu, damn!
Old 12th May 2010, 04:32 AM
TO BE Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtop View Post
Umm...could we call this another "useless" poll? Why would major companies don't want Ayu in their commercials?
company reps gave reasons. these weren't voted on by random people on the internet.

Old 12th May 2010, 04:32 AM

Why is she bald?

^ LOL
Old 12th May 2010, 04:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LacusClyne View Post
for anna...hmm....she's quite straightforward, but according to my japanese boss(i'm working in Casio) who saw her doing the shoots in Japan, she's fun and treats you like an equal, and she's not really rude to the right person

she has a image that can carries product well. See her Shisedo? and the CASIO watches, i like the way she carries them, the energetic in Baby G and the glamourous in Sheen. So far, i find that she's the best spokesperson for Casio watches.
Hm, well, it's just, I agree with her being a good spokesperson. Anna is lively, upbeat, has that exotic look and she's very beautiful, but I've read several times of her improper language. I don't remember where this article was from, but it spoke of her speaking like a man, using impolite pronouns, etc. and then she just does crazy crap too like in Sakuran at one point, though not even in the script, she just jumps on the actor and starts making out with him or something along those lines. She was quoted as saying that the first time she reads her lines for a movie is right before she has to start the scene, so she won't over think things.

So it seems companies just feel she's just too wild, unpredictable, and yes, impolite though I think many would think of her as edgy and cool.
de tu puño y letra
Old 12th May 2010, 05:00 AM
End of the World Initiate

maybe ayu is too popular..
she don't really need anymore promotions right?
shes doing well now too~~

TwitterFacebooklast.fm
Istoria ~Kalliope~
Akiko Shikata Live @ HATS FES '07 MP4
Shikata Akiko's Full Discography + Ar Tonelico Songs
Pantalea is a mystical flower that only blooms once a year...

Old 12th May 2010, 05:06 AM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Is not like Ayu should be promoting everything, her image fits really few cms...

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 12th May 2010, 05:26 AM
until that Day… Initiate

Ayu's reason is somehow weird..
i mean they worry about her vocal?
she's not even gonna sing in the CM directly?
and what's wrong if Ayu has lots of groupies anyway?
groupies, does that mean fans?

oh well, that's ok..
at least Ayu still got big companies to let her endorse
Panasonic, Honda... I think Ayu doesn't really want to appear in lots of commercials since she's been in the industry for more than 10 years already..

Last edited by AyUmIXx; 12th May 2010 at 05:29 AM.
Old 12th May 2010, 05:58 AM
I am... Initiate

lol Most of these reasons are weird.

How could the fact that ayu has a large number of 'groupies' be bad?? (Unless by 'groupies' they mean staff)

And ICONIQ thats just downright rudeness!! They have no idea why she shaved her head! For all they know it was a medical reason. Some people are just ignorant.

I remember the last one of these. There reason for ayu was something like 'her deafness causes concern and can create a negative image' X_X Don't Japan have any laws about not hiring people with disabilities?? I'm pretty sure that qualifies as prejudice

ROCK'N'ROLL

rock chick