[News] ARENA TOUR 2016 A ~MADE IN JAPAN~ DVD/BD release - Page 18 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 28th December 2016, 07:29 AM
WHATEVER Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ad Eternam View Post
If I had the money to buy the boxset, I would have. But I'm student and my bills are more important at this time.

And if I had it, I would be the 1st to rip it and share it with all of you. Because, you know, it's important to share.
And some people just can't afford to buy every BD or DVD she releases, because it is really expensive... And I think it's important to share those stuff with them.

I'm truly sorry if I sounded greedy or something like that. It was not my intention.

We're all here to share our love for Ayu. That's what really matters.
I think you will be forgiven... I personally waited after my graduation to complete my Cd collection and buy BluRays. We have faith in you! Be a good fan.
Old 28th December 2016, 08:21 AM
POWDER SNOW Initiate

too bad i don't have blu-ray drive to rip the live
Old 29th December 2016, 04:55 PM
Two of us Initiate

Quote:
Because, you know, it's important to share.
And some people just can't afford to buy every BD or DVD she releases, because it is really expensive... And I think it's important to share those stuff with them.
Wow.

More important than supporting the artist?

I first heard of Ayu in 2013 or so, and the first thing I did was download all of her material, I'll admit it. However, since then, I've been purchasing as much of her stuff as I can find - I'm down to 2 or 3 CDs I still don't have, and I'm now in the process of purchasing her concerts - the last order I placed just before Christmas was over $250, and the one before that, around $120 if I recall.

I *already* have all of that stuff, downloaded in great quality - 320kbps MP3s or FLACs for audio, and 1080p for video (unless it doesn't even exist in that format, such as the early concerts). I'm certainly under no obligation to purchase her stuff, but **it's the right thing to do**.

I'm definitely *NOT* expecting everyone to do the same--it would be downright arrogant from my part to do so--but to claim it's "important to share with those who can't afford it"...it blows my mind as to how misguided this thought process is.

That said...I'm looking forward to downloading the first 1080p rip that gets posted. Am I going to purchase it eventually? Yes, absolutely. But please, PLEASE...don't spread the idea that "it's important to share" without rewarding the artist. If everybody did that, at one point she'd have no reason to continue and she'd just quit. *If* her music label didn't drop her first, and *their* decision to do that is based on sales.
Old 29th December 2016, 07:46 PM
Depend on you Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by _dandy_ View Post
Wow.

More important than supporting the artist?

I first heard of Ayu in 2013 or so, and the first thing I did was download all of her material, I'll admit it. However, since then, I've been purchasing as much of her stuff as I can find - I'm down to 2 or 3 CDs I still don't have, and I'm now in the process of purchasing her concerts - the last order I placed just before Christmas was over $250, and the one before that, around $120 if I recall.

I *already* have all of that stuff, downloaded in great quality - 320kbps MP3s or FLACs for audio, and 1080p for video (unless it doesn't even exist in that format, such as the early concerts). I'm certainly under no obligation to purchase her stuff, but **it's the right thing to do**.

I'm definitely *NOT* expecting everyone to do the same--it would be downright arrogant from my part to do so--but to claim it's "important to share with those who can't afford it"...it blows my mind as to how misguided this thought process is.

That said...I'm looking forward to downloading the first 1080p rip that gets posted. Am I going to purchase it eventually? Yes, absolutely. But please, PLEASE...don't spread the idea that "it's important to share" without rewarding the artist. If everybody did that, at one point she'd have no reason to continue and she'd just quit. *If* her music label didn't drop her first, and *their* decision to do that is based on sales.
I never said I was only downloading Ayu's stuff and never bought anything... On the contrary!
There was a time I could afford to buy every single, every album, every version of all she released. But now I just can't.
I will always support her. And eventually buy this blu-ray, when I can actually afford it.

Ayu has fans all around the world... Not everyone can afford to buy a 70$ blu-ray.

What do you really think that keeps Ayu doing what's she's doing. Money? I think she has enough of it and could take her retreat anytime she wants.
It's the main reason why I love her so much. She's sincere. When she's on stage, she gives everything she has. She has a real connexion with hers fans, with us.

I'm not saying we shouldn't pay for anything, not at all! But if I hadn't download a rip version of the AT 2005, I wouldn't have known Ayu. So, i think that sharing stuff between fans is an important thing. It's not about who has the biggest collection or went to see her in Japan the most. It's about our love for her. We all have different ways to express it and we all love her for different reasons.

But like I said, it's my point of view. I'm not blaming anyone. One is free to do what he wants ;-)
Old 29th December 2016, 10:42 PM
Two of us Initiate

did anyone have any issues with tenso re- their boxset?

they did not email me saying it had arrived, so if i hadn't remembered and checked on wednesday i would've forgotten about it :/ now i'm not going to get it until next year.

CDL 2010.12.31 * CDL 2011.12.29-31 * AT 2012.07.28, 08.11-12
AT 2013.07.13 * CDL 2014.12.30-31 * AT 2015.06.06-07
TA 2015.10.19-20 * AT 2016.05.15 *AT 2017.06.17-18, 29

Old 29th December 2016, 11:01 PM
End of the World Initiate

I think support the artist buying the stuff and going to the lives is good for the business and for the artist of course. But the way the japanese artist release their music and video is too much for the overseas public, I mean 4 singles and 1 album by year (talking about the past) and add 2 live dvd's. Is too much stuff to buy and is expensive as hell, 50€ for one live DVD are a crazy price. When I started in jpop I was bought all the cd's I want knowing the price of a japanese album is more expensive comparing with the albums overseas, but because I can and I like the artist I was buying it. But I can't pay 50€ for a live dvd so if I can and people share it I can download the live dvd and watch it when I found a wifi.

And going off topic:
I'm listening the CDL Made In Tokyo CD and I noticed that her voice sound very edited. I'm not going to say robotic but I expected less vocal edition. Anyway is glad to listen the live cd's.

Last edited by Isicio; 29th December 2016 at 11:04 PM.
Old 30th December 2016, 11:16 PM
Two of us Initiate

Quote:
I never said I was only downloading Ayu's stuff and never bought anything...
...and I didn't accuse you of that. All I said was that I was objecting to the idea that "it's important to share with those who can't afford her stuff". Frankly, I'm all for the sharing if the intent is to broaden her exposure (*I*, for one, would never have heard of her if not for outright piracy). I draw the line, however, when the stated purpose of sharing is to provide the material to those who "can't afford it". That is simply making it too easy to remove all incentive for someone to save money to buy *something*, even if it's just one CD that's on sale for a few bucks. I hope you understand the distinction I'm trying to make?

Quote:
What do you really think that keeps Ayu doing what's she's doing. Money? I think she has enough of it and could take her retreat anytime she wants.
But, what do *you* think keeps her on contract with her music label? That is all about money, money that comes from sales. I'm not worried about her having more than enough money to afford a lavish lifestyle until the end of her days. I'm worried that if her sales hit rock bottom and Avex decides to let her go, that's all the music (and shows) we're going to get from her. And that would be the tragedy for all of us who call ourselves fans.
Old 31st December 2016, 03:59 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

She is very far from the point where that can happen to her. And even if her sales did dip, I don't think they would let her go but would instead stick her on her own label to do her own thing.
Old 1st January 2017, 12:10 AM
Two of us Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by truehappiness View Post
She is very far from the point where that can happen to her. And even if her sales did dip, I don't think they would let her go but would instead stick her on her own label to do her own thing.
If that's the case then music labels in Japan are a lot more tolerant than those in the US. I honestly have no idea what the music industry is like in Japan (from a business perspective).
Old 1st January 2017, 04:06 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

It depends on the artists, I guess. For a lot of artists, they kind of just fade away with maybe one or two huge hits under their belts. Other times they have sudden dissolutions with a final release of all their material in one release and by then, their sales are pretty low. I think when it comes to current/former musical acts that are famous for a rather long time, as long as they want to release music, they will be able to regardless of sales.
Old 1st January 2017, 10:01 AM
Connected Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by truehappiness View Post
I think when it comes to current/former musical acts that are famous for a rather long time, as long as they want to release music, they will be able to regardless of sales.
I dont think this part is true. No company/artist would wana release music if their sales drops below a certain number. And for ayu who have a strong pride, I'm sure she have a ruler to measure on when she would finally stop before it gets worst.

Old 1st January 2017, 10:13 AM
SEASONS Initiate

As she said If she wanted to quit she would have already done it. I personally think Ayu does what she does because she loves it and she loves her fans.
And Ayu is a living legend, she will not disappear that easily.
Old 2nd January 2017, 12:06 AM
Trauma Initiate

just got back from holidays. Anyone need bluray version of CDL 2015-2016 & Arena Tour 2016?

ᵋ₍⚬ɷ⚬₎ᵌ Zhao Li Ying Fan ᵋ₍⚬ɷ⚬₎ᵌ

Old 2nd January 2017, 12:44 AM
monochrome Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by YukiUsagi View Post
just got back from holidays. Anyone need bluray version of CDL 2015-2016 & Arena Tour 2016?
Yess!! CDL 2015-2016, please
Old 2nd January 2017, 03:37 AM
too late Initiate

Quote:
Yes, the angel is back
Old 2nd January 2017, 06:03 AM
Gut it-pez Initiate

Quote:
Arena Tour, please <3
Old 2nd January 2017, 04:16 PM
Endless sorrow Initiate

just watched both concerts and ugh, she needs to fire some dancers/performers. there's TOO MUCH going on while she sings. I want to see HER and they keep changing the camera to show dancers or a performer dressed like a fucking monkey, like??? enough already. that is not cute in any way, it's cringey.

edit: and this... omg... the worst thing I've seen in a while.

the cringy dancers' acting, her outfit, the cute voice... it just couldn't get any
worse

edit 2: WHY IS THIS FUCKING MONKEY BEHIND HER ON MARIONETTE? I JUST... WHAT DOES IT HAVE TO DO WITH THE PERFORMANCE?

I've had it. OFICIALLY

Last edited by hud; 2nd January 2017 at 04:35 PM.
Old 2nd January 2017, 04:48 PM
ayu-mi-x Initiate

^Who knows lol, but I wouldn't get rid of him--if I recall correctly, he's one of the few performers I liked. Dressed in a silly way though.

Honestly, I've not warmed up to most of the dancers... maybe because the choreography is weak? I've seen the "waving arms side to side" and the" waving your arms dramatically either to another dancer or the crowd" dances a million times and they're never convincing. And maybe it's just me but they also never seem quite in sync. Still, Ayu seems to like them as friends too, so what can ya do?

Old 2nd January 2017, 04:51 PM
Endless sorrow Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRainbow View Post
Still, Ayu seems to like them as friends too, so what can ya do?

cry. like I'm doing now.

I mean... is she trying to keep the attention off of her? what does this even means?

they're just climbing into each other and then flailing around spinning and doing nothing meaningful. so annoying. I've had a period when I didn't watch her concerts from PoM to PREMIUM SHOWCASE and I feel like I'm going into another phase like that. so tired of seeing her surrounded with lots of unnecessary dancers.

Last edited by hud; 2nd January 2017 at 05:00 PM.
Old 2nd January 2017, 05:02 PM
ayu trance Initiate

Most of the times I feel like the choreographies have no meaning and sometimes it's embarassing to watch But during this CDL the dancers were really nice to have on stage. And thank god there's no monkey anymore.

ARENA TOUR 2015 A Cirque de Minuit ~Mayonaka no Circus~ @ Saitama Super Arena 2015.04.11/12
ARENA TOUR 2018 ~POWER of MUSIC 20th Anniversary~ @ Saitama Super Arena 2018.04.07
Tokyo Rainbow Pride @ Yoyogi Park 2018.05.06
a-nation' 2018 @ Ajinomoto Stadium 2018.08.26
LIVE TOUR -TROUBLE- 2018-2019 A @ Nakano Sunplaza 2019.02.06
ayumi hamasaki 21st anniversary -POWER of A^3- @ Saitama Super Arena 2019.04.07

Tags
浜崎 あゆみ, 浜崎あゆみ, arena tour 2016, countdown live 2015-2016, dvd/bd release, m(a)de in japan, made in tokyo