Ayu: Anything Goes - the XXX (30th edition)! - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Chat-Room

Notices

Old 1st January 2022, 04:32 AM
Beautiful Day Initiate

Ayu: Anything Goes - the XXX (30th edition)!

Umm...yeah. The 30th edition. Or the dreaded 'XXX' edition of this thread. To ring in the new year.

(And it took us over 14 months - from late September 2020 (!) - from the beginning of the previous thread just to get here.)

Happy new year (2022) everybody!
Old 1st January 2022, 05:48 AM
appears Initiate

Happy new year!!

I wish Ayu and her blood/staff family, and everyone on this forum, my best wishes.

Let's hope this is the year the album drought comes to an end
Old 1st January 2022, 10:16 AM
Endless sorrow Initiate

Happy New Year! Tons of health and luck to all of you. Let's make it a good one! I'm sure ayu will surprise us somehow
Old 3rd January 2022, 12:48 AM
NEVER EVER Initiate

Happy New Year everybody best wishes to you all . I wish this year bring us new album or at least mini album from Ayu, but i doubt it. Well, we could hope for the best.
Old 3rd January 2022, 03:33 AM
still alone Initiate

Took a quick look at ayu's wiki and saw A BALLADS 2 was released in April 2021. Why does it feel like so much longer ago? Is it just me?
Old 3rd January 2022, 03:13 PM
Voyage Initiate

The announcement of A Ballads 2 was so exciting last year! And I really enjoyed the tracklist and Haru Yo Koi reveal on Youtube! Looking forward to seeing what she has in store for us this year!
Old 3rd January 2022, 04:11 PM
NEVER EVER Initiate

Max was at Ayu's concert.

Old 17th January 2022, 09:47 PM
No way to say Initiate

Max is so active on YouTube now. He said LOVE ~Destiny~ (he calls it simply as LOVE) was his favorite song and it made him cry, especially the piano version made by Tsuji. I've never heard it before!

but it's really beautiful. I never liked this song that much but it seems to be getting better slowly year by year.

ayumi hamasaki COUNTDOWN LIVE 2012-2013 A ~WAKE UP~. Dec 29/30/31, 2012. Yoyogi National Gymnasium, Tokyo.
ayumi hamasaki 15th Anniversary TOUR ~A BEST LIVE~. Apr 13/14, 2013. Saitama Super Arena, Saitama.
ayumi hamasaki 15th Anniversary TOUR ~A BEST LIVE~. July 27/28, 2013. Yoyogi National Gymnasium, Tokyo.
ayumi hamasaki ARENA TOUR 2016 A ~MADE IN JAPAN~. May 22, 2016. XEBIO Arena, Sendai.
ayumi hamasaki ARENA TOUR 2016 A ~MADE IN JAPAN~. July 18, 2016. Osaka-Jo Hall, Osaka.
ayumi hamasaki COUNTDOWN LIVE 2016-2017 A『Just the beginning -20-』. Dec 29, 2016. Yoyogi National Gymnasium, Tokyo.
ayumi hamasaki 『Just the beginning -20- TOUR 2017』. July 15/17, 2017. Osaka-Jo Hall, Osaka
ayumi hamasaki 『Just the beginning -20- TOUR 2017』. January 9, 2018. ROHM Theatre, Kyoto
Old 18th January 2022, 07:01 AM
from your letter Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by YUKARI View Post
Max is so active on YouTube now. He said LOVE ~Destiny~ (he calls it simply as LOVE) was his favorite song and it made him cry, especially the piano version made by Tsuji. I've never heard it before!

but it's really beautiful. I never liked this song that much but it seems to be getting better slowly year by year.

I always loved this song and the acoustic version is gorgeous too.
Old 18th January 2022, 01:01 PM
ever free Initiate

I'm not sure whether Matsuura is trying to regain some of his honour after 'Aisubeki hito ga ite' or whether he is just trying to capitalise on it... In the weird interview/chat thing he did with Ayu after 17Live final, he responded to the Q of what was his favourite song by saying he couldn't really pick one, but then in a 'candid' video in the car later he said it was 'LOVE' and then released a clip of him watching her sing it at the CDL - it feels like someone told him to pretend to pick something that sounded like she wrote the lyrics about him, to attract some attention with controversy... maybe I'm too cynical?
Old 18th January 2022, 04:38 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

^Love ~Destiny~ e a pretty popular ballad from her early years, though... Hirai Ken even covered it for his Ken Bar series. It's also her first song to reach #1 in Oricon, so I wouldn't be surprised if it do hold a special place on his heart as her producer and lover at the time.

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 18th January 2022, 09:23 PM
No way to say Initiate

I kinda enjoy watching Max Matsuura on YouTube. I think I've never heard him talking before. I even think about starting a thread here with the translation of his comments on various things connected to him and ayu and their collaboration and jpop in general. hmmm

ayumi hamasaki COUNTDOWN LIVE 2012-2013 A ~WAKE UP~. Dec 29/30/31, 2012. Yoyogi National Gymnasium, Tokyo.
ayumi hamasaki 15th Anniversary TOUR ~A BEST LIVE~. Apr 13/14, 2013. Saitama Super Arena, Saitama.
ayumi hamasaki 15th Anniversary TOUR ~A BEST LIVE~. July 27/28, 2013. Yoyogi National Gymnasium, Tokyo.
ayumi hamasaki ARENA TOUR 2016 A ~MADE IN JAPAN~. May 22, 2016. XEBIO Arena, Sendai.
ayumi hamasaki ARENA TOUR 2016 A ~MADE IN JAPAN~. July 18, 2016. Osaka-Jo Hall, Osaka.
ayumi hamasaki COUNTDOWN LIVE 2016-2017 A『Just the beginning -20-』. Dec 29, 2016. Yoyogi National Gymnasium, Tokyo.
ayumi hamasaki 『Just the beginning -20- TOUR 2017』. July 15/17, 2017. Osaka-Jo Hall, Osaka
ayumi hamasaki 『Just the beginning -20- TOUR 2017』. January 9, 2018. ROHM Theatre, Kyoto
Old 27th January 2022, 03:31 AM
SURREAL H-Initiate

I enjoy him too!

I like that he’s been relatively frank and straight forward and doesn’t really sugar coat things lol. Like how most young people now, upon seeing Ayu on tv, would ask who the obasan is without realizing how big she was in her prime.

It’s a very real and honest comment.

It’s completely opposite of Ayu’s stance for the past several years, which is to avoid the question altogether lol

"Remember, don't let others dictate your music taste. If you like whatever you're listening to, keep listening to it."

Old 27th January 2022, 05:14 AM
from your letter Initiate

Looks like Ayu is going to cover One Night Carnival by Kishidan, along with a lot of other folks covering the same song. I really enjoyed when she performed it with them during Hotel Love Songs.

https://www.kishidan.com/sp/news/#news96772

This has been bugging me lately. I have been listening to Secret (the album) a lot since it is that time of year, and I am trying to decide what the original 7 tracks were given the number of previously released songs. Thoughts?
Old 27th January 2022, 11:40 AM
ayu trance Initiate

I always assumed the ones that ended up having a clip?

Startin, Born to Be, Blue Bird and Beautiful Fighters for sure, and then I would have said 1LOVE, JEWEL and Secret.
Old 27th January 2022, 02:10 PM
Initiate

Until that day was also an interlude but Ayu loved it so much, she transformed it in a song ! When I had my website on Ayu (Ayu Paradise) I translated an interview about Secret transforming into a full album. I'll check if I have the file somewhere
Old 28th January 2022, 07:50 AM
Love song H-Initiate

I'm so glad Until that day became an actual song, it's one of my favorite and I still use it as ringtone
Old 28th January 2022, 08:47 PM
No way to say Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokyoxjapanxfan View Post
I like that he’s been relatively frank and straight forward and doesn’t really sugar coat things lol. Like how most young people now, upon seeing Ayu on tv, would ask who the obasan is without realizing how big she was in her prime.

It’s a very real and honest comment.
haha yeah! this one here

I tried to translate this part at the beginning of the video (it was more difficult than I expected as none of JA&EN language is native to me )

Max: "Hamasaki Ayumi in her heyday? Well, her heyday was amazing. I guess you guys don't know about it well. I think, looking at current ayu, young people nowadays may mistakenly think something like "Oh, isn't she some kind of enka singer obasan? Or was it Koda though, must be one of them". Well, her prime... I think young people now can't imagine, how incredible the situation was those times. Like when ayu started to attach a furry tail as an accessory, all gyaru girls in Shibuya started doing the same. That's how huge her impact was. She was tremendous."

I personally love this part about enka obasan I wonder how ayu reacts to such words though.

Old 28th January 2022, 09:50 PM
too late Initiate

I'm really shocked with this fanmade remaster

Normally, these HD / 4K remasters based on a TV recorder / VHS are usually very good, but they need to filter the images so much that people's skins looks like plastic. In this case, it looks VERY natural and sharp. I'm amazed.

Really hope someday Avex () will do something like that with her previous concerts

slow down, you won't get there by hurrying
gonna find out if the hard work was worth it
i know it's somewhere in me
i'm just tryna find love

Last edited by summerain; 28th January 2022 at 09:52 PM.
Old 31st January 2022, 04:43 AM
walking proud Initiate

^ Oh yeah, I've been doing it with AI software I bought and have gotten some pretty good results with it.

Another note: Kago Ai, ex-morning musume covered Boys & Girls on her Youtube channel.

https://youtu.be/hya5JlbavXU