[Koda Kumi] The 175th classy Koda Kumi thread! - Page 4 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Music Forums > Asian Music Chat > Artists & Bands

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 26th March 2015, 05:34 PM
Daybreak Guardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Punks View Post
I personally wouldn't say it did well. The LOVE/again → LOVE again and Maro fiasco surrounding it actually hurt her fan base quite a bit, I think. The fact that LOVE, a mini album/single, outsold LOVE again, a full album just three months later, says a lot about how her fans felt toward it tbh.
That's even painful to remember.
Old 26th March 2015, 08:06 PM
my name's WOMEN Initiate

I'm just back from the gym and I listend to the Concert mp3 of FCLL2nd there and it is as if the time flew by. I'm considering to make such megamixes of japanese a-sides for my workout now.
Old 26th March 2015, 08:31 PM
Daybreak Guardian

^ You should share them in the future, if you don't mind! That'd be a good motivation for all of us at the gym
Old 26th March 2015, 10:39 PM
1 LOVE Initiate

I remember the idea of a compilation called Beaches & B!tches.
That would be cool !

TWICE

Old 26th March 2015, 10:49 PM
Beautiful Day Initiate

I love hearing Kumi try to pronounce a rboric schwa in Mercedes. Sounds like ''mahlcedes"
It's cute
Old 27th March 2015, 09:49 AM
Lelio Protector

Now that I actually gave the album some listens and let it sink in I actually quite like it.
At first I think that the style was kind of a shock to me, both because of the style and also because I thought that the new songs will mostly be like the up beat/sexy songs like we got from kuu in the past or like MONEY IN MY BAG but they turned out to be different.
The good thing in most songs is that they are really catchy so almost each day a different song caught me.

My favorites from the new songs are Like It, Lippy, House Party, PIECE IN THE PUZZLE, Gimme U and Merecedes.
Fake Tongue is nice but the weak ones are Can You Keep Up With Me (which has annoying parts but nice at times) and LIFE is GOOD!! which I did like its beginning annoying voice but it's also catchy so it's so so lol.

I already liked the singles songs and WALK OF MY LIFE (MONEY IN MY BAG wins).

Still waitiing for the 2nd FIRST CLASS live to be uploaded...
Old 27th March 2015, 12:48 PM
Replace Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustavopc View Post
I think the 12 singles did well back then cause her popularity was rising, nowadays simply putting out lots of singles in few weeks would be a disaster imo. If she wants to do something like that again (emphasis on IF), she should get lots if tie ins and rework her image all over... Plus, another singles project would surely lead up to a BEST lol
I don't think it could work either. back in the day her popularity was different to as now
Old 27th March 2015, 12:56 PM
Memorial address (take 2 version) Initiate

I watched FCLL yesterday. I liked the concept for the show, it's too bad that she had a cold.

I was seriously so, SO distracted by the earring-necklace she wore during the 1st stage. GURL. ARE YOU TRYING TO RIP YOUR EARLOBES? I had images of her nails or her bracelets getting stuck on her necklace and pulling it, thereby ripping her earrings out. Please, for the love of god, stick to clip-ons if you're going to wear earrings that heavy!!!

Also if anyone could ID the boots she wears for the 2nd stage, I would be so grateful They're fab.

On the whole, the concert reminded me of how many pointless ballads she's released as singles, lol. Ai wo tomenaide? Koishikute? lol bye. She should've performed Unmei and Anata dake ga. I didn't understand her criteria for picking songs for the show. She did LAx5 and IS THIS TRAP? which were both off Summer Trip, but not all the songs off 4 Times, for example. So it felt a little incomplete to me and she didn't sing some of the songs I was looking forward to the most, which was a bummer. :/

edit: And my comment in the previous thread regarding my bitterness about Dream Music Park's release stands, lol. That concert was fabulous and now we'll never see it on bluray, which ticks me off. I still have such fond memories of that concert. :'(

Last edited by chocopockymaster; 27th March 2015 at 01:02 PM.
Old 27th March 2015, 03:20 PM
INSPIRE Initiate

^ Watch Himitsu PV, it looks like her ear is gonna rip in the middle of the PV lol

instagram | last.fm | tumblr | jpop tumblr | twitter | peeproom | goodreads

Old 27th March 2015, 03:39 PM
Crazy 4 U H-Initiate

The baseball opening ceremony was today.

Kuu singing the national anthem:
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...173504994&fs=0

Kuu doing the first ball:
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...66296173504994

Aw, you can hear she was nervous.^^

And here a pic she posted on Line:

「変わらないなら 変えるしかない」

Old 27th March 2015, 03:50 PM
MY STORY Initiate

I have seen quite a many clips of the FIRST CLASS LIMITED LIVE 2 and I gotta say that it's so weird to see only her on the stage without her dancers. But I'd still want to see the whole thing through so hopefully someone is nice enough to upload it somewhere.

You can find me from these too:
~ Facebook
~ Instagram
~ AO3

Old 27th March 2015, 05:46 PM
poker face Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuuXAyu-fan View Post
I don't think this would be the reaction at all. If anything I think public (excluding her fanbase) would say "Oh she still makes music?", "I haven't heard anything from her in 3 years, etc". She really needs a grand project like that or a best album of some sort to get her back somewhat into the public eye imo.
This is actually a very common reaction now "oh I remember her cutie honey cover" "she sang a song for final fantasy too right?" "I used to sing her songs in karaoke 6 years ago"
The general public doesn't remember much about her, other than her "vulgar" image and a few songs.

I think a massive 12 singles project or something similar would bring up questions like "is she that desperate now?" "didn't she do this before?"
Old 27th March 2015, 06:33 PM
Initiate

FC2LL DVD 480p DL:
>> http://pan.baidu.com/wap/share/home?uk=1983810251

my link, original file by kiのtrumpet@baidu, i will remove it one week later
** to DL press the filename, then press the button with XX MB
*** password for rar: baidukodabar

Last edited by KLJames; 27th March 2015 at 07:05 PM.
Old 27th March 2015, 06:41 PM
my name's WOMEN Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocopockymaster View Post
I watched FCLL yesterday. I liked the concept for the show, it's too bad that she had a cold.

I was seriously so, SO distracted by the earring-necklace she wore during the 1st stage. GURL. ARE YOU TRYING TO RIP YOUR EARLOBES? I had images of her nails or her bracelets getting stuck on her necklace and pulling it, thereby ripping her earrings out. Please, for the love of god, stick to clip-ons if you're going to wear earrings that heavy!!!

Also if anyone could ID the boots she wears for the 2nd stage, I would be so grateful They're fab.

On the whole, the concert reminded me of how many pointless ballads she's released as singles, lol. Ai wo tomenaide? Koishikute? lol bye. She should've performed Unmei and Anata dake ga. I didn't understand her criteria for picking songs for the show. She did LAx5 and IS THIS TRAP? which were both off Summer Trip, but not all the songs off 4 Times, for example. So it felt a little incomplete to me and she didn't sing some of the songs I was looking forward to the most, which was a bummer. :/

edit: And my comment in the previous thread regarding my bitterness about Dream Music Park's release stands, lol. That concert was fabulous and now we'll never see it on bluray, which ticks me off. I still have such fond memories of that concert. :'(
Ai wo tomonaide and Koishikute are pretty good ballads. She chose the main a-side of each singles + one song more of some 4 a-side singles. I think the latter was due to the time she had for each stage.
Old 27th March 2015, 06:48 PM
ayu-mi-x II Initiate

Is anyone else hoping for a ballad single this year? WOML (song) is nice but I want another Koishikute.

倖田來未
浜崎あゆみ
中森明菜
松田聖子
鈴木亜美

Old 27th March 2015, 07:17 PM
Memorial address (take 2 version) Initiate

The last thing I want is another Koishikute

I ripped FCLL from my copy of the DVD but my upload speed is laughable right now...at this rate, someone else will probably have DL links before I have a chance to upload all the parts. The total file size is about 1.4gb.
Old 27th March 2015, 07:24 PM
Dolls Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLJames View Post
FC2LL DVD 480p DL:
>> http://pan.baidu.com/wap/share/home?uk=1983810251

my link, original file by kiのtrumpet@baidu, i will remove it one week later
** to DL press the filename, then press the button with XX MB
*** password for rar: baidukodabar
Thanks
Old 27th March 2015, 07:48 PM
Daybreak Guardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocopockymaster View Post
The last thing I want is another Koishikute
I'll be fine if she decides to never release another Koishikute.
Old 27th March 2015, 07:56 PM
INSPIRE Initiate

iirc during Bon Voyage promotion, she said she was done with cheesy ballads, so Koishikute would be the last of them... I wouldn't want another one this year also. I know it's been two years since Koishikute, but she has so many similar ballads it doesn't feel like it's been that much since the last one lol i like its PV though, the orchestra scenes looks stunning.

instagram | last.fm | tumblr | jpop tumblr | twitter | peeproom | goodreads

Old 27th March 2015, 08:11 PM
Daybreak Guardian

^ That's good to know! I think Suki dex3 was the last ballad single I really enjoyed. And if we're counting the b-sides too, darling is one of the favorites of all time.

Last edited by oaristos; 27th March 2015 at 08:16 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
koda kumi, koddess, kxvk, queen of live, walk of my life