[Koda Kumi] The 184th Thread - 59th single 『Shhh!』 & LIVE TOUR 2016 ~Best Single Collection~ - Page 5 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Music Forums > Asian Music Chat > Artists & Bands

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 26th May 2016, 02:43 PM
my name's WOMEN Initiate

I have listend to the album 4 times, but Like it, WOML and DITR have more than 100plays each.
Old 26th May 2016, 04:47 PM
ayu-mi-x II Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish_Ayu_Fan View Post
Just got Apple Music and decided to give Walk of My Life another listen as I straight up detested it when it released. However, on second chance...I love it! Sometimes Dreams Come True, Like It & Piece in the Puzzle are absolute gems. Can we talk about how amazing this album is? I know I'm not the only one who hated it last year haha
I had exactly the same experience with WOML lol First listen I was like: WTF is this? Get it together kumi ugh. And then I decided to give it another chance and thought: HOW DID I EVER DISLIKE THIS ALBUM??

Can I watch the whole Fever live in hall somewhere or download it somewhere? Cause her vocals in that performance are flawless!

tumblr

Last edited by Ryusei; 26th May 2016 at 04:51 PM.
Old 26th May 2016, 04:49 PM
appears Initiate

according to her newest japanese FC post she's recording today...
i'm really pumped for her new single, her summer singles are the most exciting!!
wonder if we get 3 or 4 A-Sides again for her 60th!
i just HATE it when this will be an august release again...

WOML isn't a bad album, it's really fitting for the autumn season and it has really good songs!
i think it's just too much songs, they should leave MONEY IN MY BAG, LIFE is GOOD!!, Lippy, Mercedes cause they drag the flow...
when u add SO FEVER and 君思い to it it's a really nice album

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~StarCatcher~ View Post
I jsut deregistered Apple music right away, because it did not delete my music, but changed all of the tags and album covers, playlist and so on....
It was sooo bad @_@
So if u deactivate it I think you had to change something in your phone settings, too, and then snyc it again to have everything back to the way it was....
well you can change the information/covers on iTunes, thats what i did...
your iPhone will change them as well.
i know, thinkingoutloud have problems with this, but for me it works perfectly.
i have the covers i want, the correct titles, etc.
even have B-Sides/Unreleased as CD2 on albums so it's more organized!

Last edited by Gubsi; 26th May 2016 at 04:53 PM.
Old 26th May 2016, 04:59 PM
my name's WOMEN Initiate

^yeah it fucks up 1-3 times and then settles with my decisions. Could be caused by the fact that I'm reorganising my music and changed like 20 albums in a row...so apple music always decides to change the things back on 3-4 albums.

I still find it funny that my iPhone seems to download from the apple store but ultimately has my tags in the end. For example: Ayus BLUE BIRD is downloaded from a summer best but appears on Secret like in my own library.
Old 26th May 2016, 05:12 PM
LIKE A CRYSTAL H-Initiate

To me , sound consistency was a problem in past albums of Kuu . I surprisingly did not have it with WOML

WOML is frankly under rated although I disliked Like It (ironically) at 1st as I found it rather annoying but I like the portions when Kuu rap

For me the problem I had with WOML were the song titles as they sounded quite boring but the songs themselves are a different thing once I heard them

I just wished PIECE IN THE PUZZLE and/or House Party would have gotten PVs :x

And eh Gubsi , I think you meant Spring ? Cos Autumn does not fall in March , LOL

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

My JPop Blog | My Twitter | BRZ Thread 47 | BRZ LiveJournal | BRZ Official Site

Old 26th May 2016, 07:44 PM
appears Initiate

^no i mean autumn, i felt that it's more fitting for the fall season...
like Bon Voyage sounds more like a summer album or Ayu's Love songs is a spring album tbh
sometimes they don't fit the season they were released imo
it's just they had to put them out cause the label told them to release it

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkingoutloud89 View Post
^yeah it fucks up 1-3 times and then settles with my decisions. Could be caused by the fact that I'm reorganising my music and changed like 20 albums in a row...so apple music always decides to change the things back on 3-4 albums.

I still find it funny that my iPhone seems to download from the apple store but ultimately has my tags in the end. For example: Ayus BLUE BIRD is downloaded from a summer best but appears on Secret like in my own library.
yeah thats probably what causes it...
and yeah same happens with songs sometimes being downloaded from singles and stuff and then it has the right tags afterwards
Old 26th May 2016, 08:18 PM
Interlude Initiate

NEW SUMMER SINGLE YEY

★ Visit Please ★
My tumblr | Koda Kumi Mexico FP

Old 27th May 2016, 12:19 AM
Memorial address (take 2 version) Initiate

WOML is perfect.
Old 27th May 2016, 01:14 AM
Daybreak Guardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocopockymaster View Post
WOML is perfect.
This x1000000000. It's one of her best albums to date and a true masterpiece. I really wish more people could appreciate it though.
Old 27th May 2016, 12:47 PM
End of the World Initiate

So for her 15th anniversary we have:
Summer Of Love
The Artist DVD
Winter Of Love

I hope she will release a good summer single, the collection albums are not a bad idea since this tour is about her best singles and she need a break between original albums but I hope the new album will be better than Walk Of My Life, is not a bad album but there are too much demo songs from PD and 2 new pv's only.
Old 27th May 2016, 04:59 PM
theme of a-nation '03 Initiate

^ WALK OF MY LIFE is also considered for her 15th Anniversary, and the tour bluray of course

I also love WOML because it's very upbeat and most of the songs are very strong

IG | YT | PR

Old 27th May 2016, 07:29 PM
End of the World Initiate

^ But her 15th Anniversary was last December right? Anyway WOML and Summer Of Love were released before this date but is for her anniversary too, so we can expect any future release being and anniversary release till December right?
Old 27th May 2016, 07:52 PM
INSPIRE Initiate

^ No, she commemorates her anniversaries while on the countdown for them. She began the 15th anniv special stuff with the first class second limited live on December 2014 and finished them with The Artist on December 2015, and that was pretty much the same with her 10th anniversary And yeah, WOML was her 15th anniv album, it was promoted that way and the tour also had the 15th anniv theme along with supporting the album.

instagram | last.fm | tumblr | jpop tumblr | twitter | peeproom | goodreads

Old 27th May 2016, 10:50 PM
Depend on you Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish_Ayu_Fan View Post
Just got Apple Music and decided to give Walk of My Life another listen as I straight up detested it when it released. However, on second chance...I love it! Sometimes Dreams Come True, Like It & Piece in the Puzzle are absolute gems. Can we talk about how amazing this album is? I know I'm not the only one who hated it last year haha
I think the album is just OK. There's only one song that I really love (Sometimes Dreams Come True) and the rest varies between repetitive demo trash and "pretty good", idk, it's just such a meaningless album. Especially the first half of the album is almost joke music.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oaristos View Post
This x1000000000. It's one of her best albums to date and a true masterpiece. I really wish more people could appreciate it though.
I'm sorry, but you really cannot call this album a masterpiece. If you love it, that's good (I wish I loved it), but it's in absolutely no way a masterpiece. It's quite the opposite, one of the albums where she's been least involved with. If we want to designate a Kumi album a "masterpiece" you'd probably have to look in the direction of Kingdom or TRICK or Black Cherry or second sessions or something. I'd add JAPONESQUE but it doesn't have the hits to carry a "masterpiece" title.

Last edited by 4Seasons; 27th May 2016 at 10:54 PM.
Old 27th May 2016, 11:12 PM
Who... Initiate

^ Sometimes Dreams Come True is my least favorite song on WOML.
But the rest of the album is perfect.

I don't think the album is meaningless at all. Isn't this an album of what Kuu wants to do and not what she is told to do/release? I think that's why it has meaning even if just for her.
Old 28th May 2016, 12:04 AM
WHATEVER Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsClap View Post

I don't think the album is meaningless at all. Isn't this an album of what Kuu wants to do and not what she is told to do/release? I think that's why it has meaning even if just for her.
I totally agree with this. I'm pretty sure when she released this album she said that it had no J-Pop on it, which I assume she meant that it was all non-Japanese demos, and she was worried people wouldn't like it, but went ahead with it anyway. I think that's why it was the "walk of her life". Doing something that made her happy without giving a fuck what others are gonna say. I, too, hates WOML when it was released. I honestly thought it was Kuu's worst album. But, somehow it grew on me and I would probably put it in my top three, now. I love Fake Tounge so much it hurts.

introduce a little anarchy

Old 28th May 2016, 06:08 AM
independent Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocopockymaster View Post
WOML is perfect.
Agreed. The 1st time I've heard the album I didn't like it much, just like some folks here. I also went as far as saying it's her weakest album. Shame on me! However, the albums has grown on me so much since then that now I'm taking my words back. I literally love every single track on it. And if someone says this album is a true masterpiece to them - they are free to do so. To each his own. This isn't my all time #1 favourite album from Kumi but it's definitely one of. The title track alone IS a True Masterpiece. Lyrics are some of my favourte ever. I connect with them so damn well. Music & music video are perfect too. Damn, Kumi girl you deserve all possible music awards just for this song. Genius.

I'm also taking back what I said about KLoop - that it's ugly. Shame on me twice. I've got my big plushy (35 cm tall) with some other Kumi goods couple of weeks ago and I love it. I mean, just look at it - it's adorable! Still not sure if it's he or she. Who cares.
Spoiler:

Koda Kumi Fan since 2003 * ~ * ~ * ~ * Instagram

Old 28th May 2016, 06:12 AM
LIKE A CRYSTAL H-Initiate

Liking an album and saying it's a masterpiece or not is really subjective

I dislike Kingdom but others like it . Same thing with TRICK , I like it but others don't

WOML is 1 of the rare Kuu albums that I listen constantly on a regular basis . I'm not sure if not hearing the demo melodies helped though

The only downside of the album is the cover artwork seeing that it's very simplify unlike her past albums that had various interesting themes

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

My JPop Blog | My Twitter | BRZ Thread 47 | BRZ LiveJournal | BRZ Official Site

Old 28th May 2016, 07:24 AM
rainy day Initiate

When I heard walk of my life I thought "wow it's really unfortunate she did this walk with dog shit caked on the bottom of her heels."
Old 28th May 2016, 09:19 AM
Crazy 4 U H-Initiate

WOML definitely is an album you need more listens to get into it.
Also I do believe it's not a coincidence she released such an important album for her on her 15th Anniversary and it having that free life theme.

Don't know if you guys remember, but she also did say in interviews before, that earlier in her career she wished her voice to be higher so she could fit better in the JPop music market. She needed time to embrace her voice being different.
So that's maybe also a reason for her love for western (produced) music as her voice just fits it better. Or at least that's what she believes.

「変わらないなら 変えるしかない」

Last edited by Corvina; 28th May 2016 at 09:35 AM.
Closed Thread

Tags
倖田來未, koda kumi, koddess, live tour 2016, queen of live