[Koda Kumi] The 193rd Thread - Fanclub Live Tour ~AND~ - Page 3 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Music Forums > Asian Music Chat > Artists & Bands

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 1st March 2018, 11:23 AM
poker face Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiDaYu View Post
Thanks. ♥

( instagram twitter last.fm letterboxd )

Old 1st March 2018, 11:46 AM
TO BE Initiate

the new album doesnt do much to me. All songs sounds so expected and over the top. guess not every album fits my expectations.

I want to turn into a flower, grow thorns,
wither, fall and rot away
Don’t pick me up, leave me
Forget me

Old 1st March 2018, 12:11 PM
Initiate

It's very strange that they are separating the single and album version of LIT on Spotify. I know the album version doesn't have the annoying sound at the end, but I thought they would put them as the same to keep the same streams (80k).
Old 1st March 2018, 12:34 PM
Who... Initiate

This album is not as good as I originally anticipated. But I do love some of the songs. WHO is awesome. OUTTA MY HEAD is probably my second favorite. ITS MY LIFE is good too. The rest is kind of blah for me. I did enjoy W FACE much more. But I still am looking forward to DNA. is this gonna be a new trend for Kuu? Two short albums instead of one long one? Not sure how I feel about that. I know it makes my wallet hurt.
Old 1st March 2018, 12:37 PM
INSPIRE Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomoyo View Post
This album is not as good as I originally anticipated. But I do love some of the songs. WHO is awesome. OUTTA MY HEAD is probably my second favorite. ITS MY LIFE is good too. The rest is kind of blah for me. I did enjoy W FACE much more. But I still am looking forward to DNA. is this gonna be a new trend for Kuu? Two short albums instead of one long one? Not sure how I feel about that. I know it makes my wallet hurt.
I really hope not, I feel the same about my wallet Especially if DNA has a special version as big and heavy as AND had. Guess I'll already start saving up for that, just in case lol

On the other side I feel we are getting better produced stuff now, more polished. I think Kuu is working more slowly on the tracks and paying more attention to details by recording less songs than she used to.

instagram | last.fm | tumblr | jpop tumblr | twitter | peeproom | goodreads

Last edited by Gustavopc; 1st March 2018 at 12:40 PM.
Old 1st March 2018, 01:05 PM
LIKE A CRYSTAL H-Initiate

I wonder if AND sales would have been better if Kuu didn't include the normal DVD in the fanclub version ?

Usually fanclub versions of any artiste's releases don't include what you get if you buy the normal versions of an album or a single so for Kuu to do that , I'm surprised

Anyway Oricon is not relevant anymore , even now JPopAsia is starting to use Billboard Japan's data as they're more relevant

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

My JPop Blog | My Twitter | BRZ Thread 47 | BRZ LiveJournal | BRZ Official Site

Old 1st March 2018, 01:21 PM
WHATEVER Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by jean-baptiste View Post
AND is now on Apple Music. I wasn't expecting that since W FACE was never uploaded.
Weird, I have W Face on my Apple Music? I think it’s under her name in Japanese but I’m not sure if that makes a difference but it’s there for me at least?
Old 1st March 2018, 01:28 PM
Crazy 4 U H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenPang View Post
I wonder if AND sales would have been better if Kuu didn't include the normal DVD in the fanclub version ?

Usually fanclub versions of any artiste's releases don't include what you get if you buy the normal versions of an album or a single so for Kuu to do that , I'm surprised

Anyway Oricon is not relevant anymore , even now JPopAsia is starting to use Billboard Japan's data as they're more relevant
Billboard reports first day sales of 11,827 and Kuu being #1.

http://www.billboard-japan.com/d_news/detail/60683/2

「変わらないなら 変えるしかない」

Old 1st March 2018, 02:20 PM
Who... Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish_Ayu_Fan View Post
Weird, I have W Face on my Apple Music? I think it’s under her name in Japanese but I’m not sure if that makes a difference but it’s there for me at least?

W FACE has been on Apple Music for me since it released. It’s under her name westernized. I have to type in Kumi Koda.
Old 1st March 2018, 03:04 PM
ayu-mi-x II Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvina View Post
Billboard reports first day sales of 11,827 and Kuu being #1.

http://www.billboard-japan.com/d_news/detail/60683/2
Its the first two days. Not surprised to see how the album is doing. The album may be for the fanclub but not even doing a LINE LIVE? They should've just made the album FC exclusive. It looks like it'll become her first major album (non Driving Hits) to miss the Top 3/Top 5 since Feel My Mind....

倖田來未
浜崎あゆみ
中森明菜
松田聖子
鈴木亜美

Old 1st March 2018, 03:33 PM
As if.. Initiate

After giving it a few listens, I don't dislike the album but it isn't memorable imo. My favorites are WHO and IT'S MY LIFE, the rest I could live without.

HAIRCUT sounds promising tho, looking forward to DNA now.

Old 1st March 2018, 07:32 PM
ayu trance Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomoyo View Post
is this gonna be a new trend for Kuu? Two short albums instead of one long one? Not sure how I feel about that. I know it makes my wallet hurt.
This is what I was expecting her to start doing waaaaaaaaay back. I was convinced that Black Cherry was going to be 2 albums split between her personas. She covers a lot of ground, and her albums can get really long and messy trying to cram everything into one release. For me, the split makes sense, although the cost is definitely high if you want to keep up with everything.

At one point I made my own split tracklists for Black Cherry. I called them Black Cherry and White Cherry. hahaha
Old 1st March 2018, 07:50 PM
my name's WOMEN Initiate

is he w face our opening out already?
Old 1st March 2018, 07:51 PM
my name's WOMEN Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by sora-kara View Post
This is what I was expecting her to start doing waaaaaaaaay back. I was convinced that Black Cherry was going to be 2 albums split between her personas. She covers a lot of ground, and her albums can get really long and messy trying to cram everything into one release. For me, the split makes sense, although the cost is definitely high if you want to keep up with everything.

At one point I made my own split tracklists for Black Cherry. I called them Black Cherry and White Cherry. hahaha
I think he intended counterpart was red cherry
Old 1st March 2018, 08:02 PM
WHATEVER Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkingoutloud89 View Post
I think he intended counterpart was red cherry
I LMFAO hahaha
Old 1st March 2018, 08:18 PM
WHATEVER Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkingoutloud89 View Post
is he w face our opening out already?
Still in ha grave

Old 1st March 2018, 08:23 PM
my name's WOMEN Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baco__ View Post
I LMFAO hahaha
she had a black cherry and a red cherry version of WONT' BE LONG...thats all i waned to say....and sorry for he doublepost above -.-
Old 2nd March 2018, 01:48 AM
rainy day Initiate

WHO drives me absolutely bonkers. From 0:38〜1:02 it's really good and leads you to believe it's really building into something exciting. It fuels hope and anticipation. But then that absolutely atrocious, lifeless, run-of-the-mill, mindless loop is introduced with the drop and the song is completely trashed. If there's one thing I truly hate in modern-day music it is the trend to drop the energy and remove elements after a after the buildup rather than kick the energy up a notch!

As expected based of the previews, ALL RIGHT remains the only good track.

Last edited by Zeke.; 2nd March 2018 at 01:51 AM.
Old 2nd March 2018, 05:35 AM
LIKE A CRYSTAL H-Initiate

2nd video comment of Kuu which she posted on her Instagram

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bfxo-amFOY3

Her Instagram account is now verified with the blue tick

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

My JPop Blog | My Twitter | BRZ Thread 47 | BRZ LiveJournal | BRZ Official Site

Old 2nd March 2018, 06:29 AM
WHATEVER Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke. View Post
WHO drives me absolutely bonkers. From 0:38〜1:02 it's really good and leads you to believe it's really building into something exciting. It fuels hope and anticipation. But then that absolutely atrocious, lifeless, run-of-the-mill, mindless loop is introduced with the drop and the song is completely trashed. If there's one thing I truly hate in modern-day music it is the trend to drop the energy and remove elements after a after the buildup rather than kick the energy up a notch!

As expected based of the previews, ALL RIGHT remains the only good track.
I had a feeling that people were gonna have a problem with that. The song is an odd mix of a more historical dance sound with the more modern trap obsession. It threw me for a loop the first time.

introduce a little anarchy

Closed Thread

Tags
koda kumi, queen of live