[Koda Kumi] re(LIVE) her re(CORD) in her 199th Thread! - Page 3 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Music Forums > Asian Music Chat > Artists & Bands

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 23rd July 2019, 08:26 AM
Crazy 4 U H-Initiate

They're holding another FC ticket round for re(LIVE) tour, cause they made room for some more seats for sold out dates!
But they say there are only few, so chances are not high to win if you go for a certain date.
Application period is 07/23 - 07/29.

Quote:
「KODA KUMI LIVE TOUR 2019 re(LIVE)」一部公演機材席開放により、僅かながらチケット販売が決定しました!!

■チケット受付URL
<通し券>
https://info2.y-tickets.jp/order/cer...ets19592956880

<Black Cherry公演券>
https://info2.y-tickets.jp/order/cer...ets19115051600

<JAPONESQUE公演券>
https://info2.y-tickets.jp/order/cer...ets19573060357

※抽選のお申込みとなります。
※お申込み・当落確認には、会員番号/パスワードが必要となります。
※会員番号の欄にはファンクラブの会員番号(6桁)をご入力ください。
※パスワードの欄にはファンクラブにご登録のパスワード(8~32文字)をご入力ください。

■申込期間
7月23日(火)15:00~7月29日(月)14:59

■当落確認・入金期間
8月2日(金)13:00~23:59

■申込対象者
オフィシャルファンクラブ倖田組に、チケット申込期間内までにご入会(=ご入金)し会員番号が発行された方 、且つ2019年7月末以降の有効期限をお持ちの方が対象となります。

※これからご入会をお考えの方は、クレジットカード払いをご選択いただくとすぐに会員番号が発行されます。 コンビニ決済、払込用紙をご選択された場合、締め切り間近でご入金されますと会員番号の発行が間に合わない 可能性がございますのでご注意ください。
※入金確認にはお時間がかかりますので、ご入会の際は、余裕を持って、お手続き・ご入金くださいますようお 願いいたします。
※カムバック継続をご希望の方は、チケットお申込み期間中に手続きが間に合わない可能性があるため、新規で のお手続きをお勧めいたします。

■「通し券」受付公演
【神奈川:カルッツかわさき】
9月14日(土)Black Cherry<昼>-JAPONESQUE<夜>
9月16日(祝・月)Black Cherry<昼>-JAPONESQUE<夜>

【福岡:福岡サンパレス】
9月29日(日)JAPONESQUE<昼>-Black Cherry<夜>
10月1日(火)Black Cherry-10月2日(水)JAPONESQUE

【宮城:仙台サンプラザホール】
10月24日(木)Black Cherry-10月25日(金)JAPONESQUE

■「Black Cherry」受付公演
9月14日(土)<昼>
9月16日(祝・月)<昼>

9月29日(日)<夜>
10月1日(火)

10月24日(木)

■「JAPONESQUE」受付公演
9月14日(土)<夜>
9月16日(月・祝)<夜>
9月21日(土)<昼>

9月28日(土)<夜>
9月29日(日)<昼>
10月2日(水)

【大阪:オリックス劇場】
10月10日(木)
10月14日(月・祝)<夜>

10月25日(金)

「変わらないなら 変えるしかない」

Old 23rd July 2019, 09:14 AM
appears Initiate

So, just a very honest opinion here... I think if Kuu hopped on the K-Pop bandwagon, she'd have a shot at a huge comeback like Namie had. I half-wonder why she hasn't just evolved the sound she's had into a more K-Pop-friendly style, because watching her in videos like Livin' La Vida Loca, seeing her promo photos, her personal style... she's like literally just a few small changes away from being right in the middle of a potential boost in popularity.

Anyone else think so? Curious what your opinions are.

-> <-
Old 23rd July 2019, 09:30 AM
Because of You Initiate

^I'm just waiting for her to do a Duet with Jessi, it'd would be the HOTTEST MV ever.

for those who dont't know Jessi:
Spoiler:

"Being part of a group like this, with you guys! is awesome! so I salute you all." (1st July 2010, 11:17 PM)
"Adiós." (8th May 2011, 02:13 PM)
Old 23rd July 2019, 09:32 AM
RAINBOW Guardian

I can't honestly imagine it, but Koda has made a bunch of styles work for her, so I'm sure she would have found a way. Honestly... I'm just not sure she wants that level of fame? She plays on trends a bit and keeps an eye on when one of her songs gets a random boost of popularity, but I get the idea she likes this creative control and the schedule she owns after so long in the biz. If she had a huge rise like Namie, I think she'd have to sacrifice that autonomy.

Personally I'd welcome a new national diva but whether it's something Koda is aiming for rn, idk. At least that's why I don't think she's gone for it
Old 23rd July 2019, 11:40 AM
Crazy 4 U H-Initiate

I agree with you, Koumori.
From the way she handles her career in recent years and what she tells us in interviews, she seems to be perfectly happy with where she is right now, having decent popularity and making her fanbase happy.
Every time something good happens, stuff sells out, she gets compliments or a good ranking, she's always so humble and thanking everybody, almost a bit shy.
She likes to challenge herself and do what she wants (while listening to her fans), if she gets praise for something it always feels like it's just a by-product.
For Megumi no Hito e.g. she didn't even know till somebody else told her. Or her being a Twitter trend - her fans told her in the comments she said, she didn't notice before.

Could she even be more popular again?
Maybe, if she'd find that niche between urban and K-Pop, but maybe not, looking at the other very popular acts in Japan like Aimyon, Gen Hoshino and Kenshi Yonezu, who are basically the direct opposite of her.

「変わらないなら 変えるしかない」

Last edited by Corvina; 23rd July 2019 at 12:08 PM.
Old 23rd July 2019, 12:33 PM
As if.. Initiate

I think she's content with where things are. To be honest, I'd hate to see a massive workload forced on her, when she has a 7 year old at home. Being a working mother is difficult and I'm sure she struggles trying to make everything work as it is right now.

That said, her overall physical shipments remain very healthy, and she can still tour very strongly. Despite what some think, she's in a much better position than people give her credit for given the climate for veteran soloists.
Old 23rd July 2019, 01:08 PM
Crazy 4 U H-Initiate

To be fair, she doesn't have to work anymore, it's her decision. Or maybe it's in her contract, who knows, though she talked about retiring in 2011/2012 when she married, so I guess she is pretty free with her career.
I've just recently learned, that apparently it's enough, if you have just one big hit at karaoke, cause karaoke revenue's are big enough to live from it.
Kuu already achieved that with Ai no Uta alone, plus her peak earnings and her well selling beauty brands.

In the post about mother's day this year, she also posted in the hashtags that she was very happy, that her son said he likes her lives and wants her to do it, cause she always fears he might get lonely.
But in the end she's the one in control, how much she'll do.

「変わらないなら 変えるしかない」

Old 23rd July 2019, 01:57 PM
As if.. Initiate

Oh, it's definitely her decision to work. I remember when she flirted with retirement, but ultimately decided she still had something to offer. I think she's found a balance that works for her at this time in her life. I'm just happy to see her happy and still putting in the work.

I have no doubt Kumi is quite wealthy, given her great commercial success and smart branding. Doesn't she live in an elite area of Kanagawa?

The Mother's Day post was heartwarming. I think her little boy gives her that extra "energy" to keep pushing in some ways.
Old 23rd July 2019, 03:00 PM
I am... Initiate

Quote:
倖田組に、チケット申込期間内までにご入会(=ご入金)し会員番号が発行された方、且つ2019年7月末以 降の有効期限をお持ちの方が対象となります
So does this mean if I join Koda Gumi today I can enter the lottery?
Old 23rd July 2019, 03:45 PM
Crazy 4 U H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xianghua View Post
So does this mean if I join Koda Gumi today I can enter the lottery?
I think so. As far as I understand you can apply to Koda Gumi and take part in the lottery as long as the lottery runs (July 29)?

「変わらないなら 変えるしかない」

Old 23rd July 2019, 04:11 PM
Initiate

As I was expecting, no new song for this week. It's already 07.24 in Japan and nothing, so let's enjoy Livin' La Vida Loca a little more. lol
Old 23rd July 2019, 10:28 PM
INSPIRE Initiate

I wish LLVL was up on Spotify tho ):

instagram | last.fm | tumblr | jpop tumblr | twitter | peeproom | goodreads

Old 24th July 2019, 02:38 AM
rainy day Initiate

^ Same
Old 24th July 2019, 08:37 AM
LIKE A CRYSTAL H-Initiate

I don't think Kuu takes all the achievements & successes she accumulated over the years for granted

Some celebrities change for the better or for the worst once they achieved success but I don't think Kuu is 1 of them

I know Kuu struggled a lot during the early days of her being in the business . I'm sure she never expected she lasted this long in showbiz cos it's tough & not easy

Would I love to see Kuu have a 2nd resurge of popularity ? Of course but if that includes doing things that go against her principles & work etiquette , then no it's not worth it

Anyway from where Kuu is at currently , I think she's contented on how things are at this point in time in her life & that's all it matters

On a side note , it's a bit of a shame Kuu is not performing at tonight's FNS Uta no Natsu Matsuri , would love to see her perform Summer Time :s

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

My JPop Blog | My Twitter | BRZ Thread 47 | BRZ LiveJournal | BRZ Official Site

Old 24th July 2019, 10:56 AM
my name's WOMEN Initiate

Btw. did you all exchange your music-libary for the available streaming songs. I had this conversation with a friend when Namie was put on and I still have the following doubts:

1) The playcount. Many f my playlist rely on playcounts and for Namie its far up in the thousands for certain songs - and there is still no fast way to put them up manually.

2) not all songs are on there. I hate incomplete things and fr artist like Kuu there aren't all songs up there.

3) I fear that they might get taken down someday.

I get the benefit of stream for the artist, but is it really worth it. So far i ass everything that is new as streaming tho.
Old 24th July 2019, 11:02 AM
Crazy 4 U H-Initiate

Upcoming infos might be spoilers for people who wanna go to the tour. Should I put everything under spoiler tags regarding that?
For now don't read further, if you don't wanna know!

Kuu is rehearsing for the tour for the last two days.
She shared a small clip in her Insta stories for KO-SO-KO-SO, so we can be sure now she keeps the song in the setlist for JAPONESQUE.

「変わらないなら 変えるしかない」

Old 24th July 2019, 12:08 PM
Initiate

I don't know if it counts as a spoiler since it's part of the original show, and it seems that hey are using the same props. As for new stuff I can see it as a spoiler tho.

@KarenPang It would be nice, but right now she's rehearsing for the re(LIVE) concerts. I guess it would be too much for her schedule.

@thinkingoutloud89 Right now only few songs are missing (I'm not sure if Apple Music and Spotify has the same library from her, but I think so). All the singles and its b-sides are there, even if there are some problems here and there, like Taisetsu na kimi e that has a piano version in the single, but the song is fine in BOUNCE & LOVERS; or the albums not having the songs from first press edition like Black Cherry, Secret and feel my mind. Overall it's basically complete.

Even tho I use streaming services, I still have the songs downloaded in my PC, or have the physical copy of the release. If they remove her songs from the library, I still would have all the songs anyway. Nowadays I use as a way to support her music or when I want to listen on the go, since I don't have the songs on my phone for storage reasons. I don't use playlists often, or care at all about playcount.
Old 24th July 2019, 01:54 PM
PAPER DOLL Initiate

Hi all, my other half and I did a reaction video for Kuu's Livin La Vida Loca on our YouTube channel, please check it out if you have time! I love the song!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ll01DC6UG6c
Old 24th July 2019, 08:23 PM
Depend on you Initiate

I feel like I'm not really enjoying the music from this era to be honest, but holy hell she looks amazing!!

wednesday's child is full of woe

Old 24th July 2019, 10:16 PM
As if.. Initiate

Sometimes it takes time to like a song and even an album. I wasn't fond of Bon Voyage for years, but after a late night listen, I think it's excellent. I'd argue it was her strongest work since TRICK in hindsight. Not sure why I was so funny about that album, but time brings perspective.
Closed Thread

Tags
koda kumi, queen of live