Rock'n'Roll Circus 4/14 new album information [XIII] - Page 5 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 6th April 2010, 07:53 AM
until that Day… Initiate

woww...
a new song after the new album announcement is pretty fast!
we have not yet gotten the new album yet and now, they already mentioned about the next new song haha XD
Old 6th April 2010, 08:18 AM
count down Initiate

lolwut. I hope the "new" song is a hidden track or something because a new single is like way too fast @_@ I'm secretly praying we don't get a summer single this year (what's the point again) but it seems to be a minority opinion here

YAYAYAYA GAGAGAGA DADADADA WOWOWOWO

Old 6th April 2010, 08:21 AM
(don't) Leave me alone Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterballoon View Post
lolwut. I hope the "new" song is a hidden track or something because a new single is like way too fast @_@ I'm secretly praying we don't get a summer single this year (what's the point again) but it seems to be a minority opinion here
I may be wrong, but didn't it say that the song is going to be released at a later date? We just get to hear it (or a preview of it) early I think.
Old 6th April 2010, 08:27 AM
count down Initiate

the twitter (I think) read that it's a song that's coming out after the album... gonna be a mule and say I hope it's a re-release of the album with that new track

but again a summer single in August wouldn't be that bad... we'll see, I just have traumas of summer singles after Sunrise : /

Old 6th April 2010, 08:32 AM
theme of a-nation '03 Initiate

I prefer a summer single before August, probly sometime between mid and the end of July. Generally (for any artist) I always feel that summer songs should be released in July so that people can enjoy the songs for at least two months.

Of course, she can skip the summer single and release an autumn song in September. That will work for me as well .
Old 6th April 2010, 08:38 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Quote:
gonna be a mule and say I hope it's a re-release of the album with that new track
Album re-releases in Japan seem to be reserved for indie acts gone major, and want to give the fans a taste of their indie stuff + their new material, and releases that have reached some milestone a la H or something.

I've got this weird feeling that the new song will be a part of an A BALLADS 2-ish thing. A nice summer 3/4A would be interesting though too. There's barely any time for her to promote if she releases a single in June/July though.

Blah, in this case, only time will tell!

Last edited by truehappiness; 6th April 2010 at 08:40 AM.
Old 6th April 2010, 08:39 AM
Memorial address (take 2 version) Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by identity View Post
Same, I just don't think Sunset should have been a long ballad because it's not interesting enough to pull it off like other long ballads like BALLAD and RAINBOW.
Actually Sunset is far superior to BALLAD and RAINBOW. I lol'd.
Old 6th April 2010, 08:40 AM

I think August is too late for a summer single tbh. I'd want it in June/July. Thank god Sunrise leaked really early so I was still in the summer mood and wanted to listen to it a lot. But by August I'm not really in that mood anymore.
Old 6th April 2010, 08:42 AM
ayu-mi-x II Initiate

http://shopping.avex.com.tw/avex/Def...tent&ItemId=44
from this message we know AT 10 tour goods start to sell on April 9th(5:00p.m.)
Old 6th April 2010, 08:45 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

The first week of August is the latest imo.

Like fairyland's release on the 3rd... with Sunrise/Sunset, summer was already kinda disappearing by the time it came out, haha.

June/July is when I hope a new single will come out. Answer our prayers, Ayu~ haha.
Old 6th April 2010, 09:35 AM
count down Initiate

the thing about releasing a single in June/July is that she wouldn't have much time to promote it. after seeing her put in so much effort from You were... onwards, I really don't wanna see another rushed production again

Old 6th April 2010, 09:38 AM
Don't look back Initiate

LOl..maybe there wont be a summer single this time..but then again, releasing it somewhere near the end of the tour would tie things up really nicely.

I really want to know the composers and arrangers!!!

hopefully next week, at this time, I'll be happily looping my album
Old 6th April 2010, 09:41 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Quote:
I really don't wanna see another rushed production again
Just what was rushed, btw? And what's so bad about that?
Old 6th April 2010, 09:53 AM

Hmmn.. I dun really mind if she releases something new in early July as long as the quality is good. Back then she rushed out evolution/NEVER EVER/ayu-mi-x III (re-sang the songs needed a bit of time rite?)/A BEST. Wait. M was released about a month before evolution as well. The quality of the songs wasn't that bad.

Of course, the last time ayu rushed out lots of things were back in 2005 (STEP you --> fairyland --> HEAVEN --> BnD/Pride --> (m)u). Dunno if she will make a rush this year. I'm dying for something like H or &. I dun want sunrise or fairyland Pt IV tho..
Old 6th April 2010, 09:55 AM

Well I don't think S/S being "rushed" was what made it not as good. I think S/S just wasn't as good as some of her other summer singles because of the theme. I don't think she'd do that again with another summer single (upbeat song + slow version of that upbeat song) so the next one we get will probably be a lot better because we'll have more variety.
Old 6th April 2010, 09:56 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Quote:
I dun want sunrise or fairyland Pt IV tho..
I do. -makes face-

And the fairyland/HEAVEN/B&D thing was soooo nice, haha. August -> September -> November... 3 singles.. then an album!

People were so satisfied with Ayu at that time, haha.

Regarding the theme: I think a lot of it had to do with Dandy Daddy, haha.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenshi no hane
“Because I also wrote the songs with the theme ‘father & daughter love’ in mind, it’s not only about romantic love, but about family love and friendship as well. I wrote the songs to fit different kinds of love.
Though I didn’t create them this way from the start, I can’t imagine them as separate anymore; both songs respond to each other.”
I want to know what the ballad that got replaced by Sunset was like, haha.

Last edited by truehappiness; 6th April 2010 at 10:01 AM.
Old 6th April 2010, 09:56 AM
count down Initiate

rush is okay if it produces quality work like how Ayu usually does

imo, Sunrise as a single felt pretty rushed... sort of like a "omg we need to push out a summer single this year!" kind of feeling. and NEXT LEVEL as well, the "omg we need to push out a new album before the fiscal year ends!"

from You were... onwards, I sincerely feel like Ayu's putting more thought into everything - songs, lyrics, vocals, image, covers, PVs... which is a huge step ever since GUILTY.

It's okay if she rushed out another summer single as long as it maintains the quality of Rock 'n' Roll Circus. I just don't want to see another Sunrise happening... let that single's covers be your worst ever Ayu

Old 6th April 2010, 10:03 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Quote:
imo, Sunrise as a single felt pretty rushed... sort of like a "omg we need to push out a summer single this year!" kind of feeling. and NEXT LEVEL as well, the "omg we need to push out a new album before the fiscal year ends!"
IMO, they did what she wanted to do for Sunrise, and in the end, they produced a really great single in the process. Same goes with NEXT LEVEL. I didn't get any sort of "This was so rushed!" quality from these releases or any other releases. Somehow, it's just an excuse for when people don't seem to like an album imo. "This sounds so rushed!" --comments about GUILTY, Secret, NEXT LEVEL, basically everything released from 2006 onwards that people didn't like...

It's funny because Ayu basically always works until the very last minute as she's stated many times haha.

Translation from Misa-chan's Ready Go! translation:
Quote:
"So is there a switch that can turn on the "Let's write!" mode for you?"
When I have no more time, basically. Even if I finish something, my feelings about it can change again. Things written in haste at the last minute tend to be more straightforward and honest, so I drag it out as much as possible, and when there's no more time, I panic and write.
Makes perfect sense to me.

Last edited by truehappiness; 6th April 2010 at 10:13 AM.
Old 6th April 2010, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by truehappiness View Post
I do. -makes face-

And the fairyland/HEAVEN/B&D thing was soooo nice, haha. August -> September -> November... 3 singles.. then an album!

People were so satisfied with Ayu at that time, haha.
LOL. I dunno but fairyland/BLUE BIRD/glitter are a bit similar and when she released something that similar three summer in a row, it's tiring .

I kinda hope she'll release something quite unique, like how unique ourselves was in 2003 . Maybe she can try using Accordion as a music instrument in her song this summer. It may increase my appetite a lot .

Edit: I dun think she rushed out Sunrise. How can people say it's a rushed product when the time length between Sunrise and NL was about 4 months?? I rather say the song was a bit too generic, and the mvs are boring. The main problem for S/S should be the ugly covers (yeah yeah kazu again, but let's forget about him). I guess ayu wanna make a normal happy song, and probly people who knew Japanese may enjoy it. For those of us who dunno Japanese, it's lacking excitement.

Last edited by bluegie; 6th April 2010 at 10:14 AM.
Old 6th April 2010, 10:14 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

I'm completely okay with it, as are the fans who liked Sunrise (750,000 ringtones+)... haha.

I would say Japan is starting to love her pop way more than her ballads. But that's probably more because she hasn't had a "huge" ballad in a while. You were... and BALLAD tried, but... I suppose they weren't too listener-friendly.
Closed Thread

Tags
ayu, ayumi, hamasaki ayumi, new album, rock'n'roll circus