New Single 'Bold and Delicious/Pride' release date: 30 Nov 2005 - Page 9 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 31st October 2005, 09:23 AM
immature Initiate

wat happen if its HIP HOP rnB ...
lol it will be so funny to hear ayu rapping ...
Old 31st October 2005, 09:49 AM
A BALLADS Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasjasss
Guess you haven't heard "NOTHING FROM NOTHING." =b
Old 31st October 2005, 10:07 AM
Depend on you Initiate

i'm soooo excited!!
Old 31st October 2005, 10:15 AM
Depend on you Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qt Mashi
lol that could be true!

bold & delicious sounds like a naughty PV like my names WOMEN
same as what i think....haha :>..
Old 31st October 2005, 10:28 AM
Depend on you Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasjasss
wat happen if its HIP HOP rnB ...
haha you bet.....

sounds funny in nothing fr nothing

haha.....babyish
Old 31st October 2005, 10:28 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gakkun
that's an album cut. you know, like how western music works...
O____O I didnt know that was an album cut, i thought songs that weren't singles were album cuts..
Old 31st October 2005, 11:04 AM
Banned

Ayu ususally works like this:
Single 1
Single 2
Single 3
Album 1 (single1+single2+single3+album tracks)

Western artists usually work like this:
Album 1 (album tracks)
Single 1 (with a popular song from the album) (albumcut)
Single 2 (with a popular song from the album) (albumcut)

Like when I am... was released, it had a new song called Daybreak. But after the album, they also created a single with it. An album cut... "you make me want to be a man" by utada hikaru is also a good recent example. A hey! She IS a western artist now, so maybe that's why she's releasing it as a single after an album =)

I prefer the 1st way of releasing =) hate singles with no new songs =)

Also. Uptempo songs usually get more expensive and better PVs. Compare STEP you, alterna, fairyland, Real me, My name's WOMEN with HEAVEN, Carols, Walking proud and Moments...... well there are exeptions... with all that CGI, I think Forgiveness was really expensive.

Last edited by Tasked; 31st October 2005 at 11:09 AM.
Old 31st October 2005, 12:19 PM
fεяnαndδ

See, it's exactly why I don't download singles. Albums include basically all of the original tracks from the singles and new tracks anyway, so there's not really any point in downloading singles. I'm not a remix fan, so I don't download the remix albums, but... I'm absolutely obsessed with acoustic orchestras. ^^;

Anyway, on-topic, BOLD & DELICIOUS reminds me of dark chocolate, whereas Pride reminds me of the jacket photo of Free & Easy.
Old 31st October 2005, 01:01 PM
Mirror Initiate

i cant believe it! no instrumentals this time!!! oh no!!!
Old 31st October 2005, 01:11 PM
BEST Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominika842000
I suppose new single will be in the same style as INSPIRE, STEP you / is this LOVE? and fairyland - it means up-beat track + rockish song AYU never combine fast and slow tracks at one c/w single, also on last single was released 2 ballad tracks and sold of single not was good. Anayway is some rule of music market: 2 fast - 1 slow, so to sale was good this rule must be keep by releasing singles and at the content of album...
HEAVEN did sell well.... O_o

I'm really looking forward to "nothing that has impacted on Ayu's past history" But really dissapointed about the possible 1 pv (hoka probably means like TV-CM and photogallery) and no instrmentals
Old 31st October 2005, 01:49 PM
Banned

I like the Western albums concept more.. Their singles usually sell less than expired potato chips but their albums can easily sell high. I feel like JPOP singles are "cheating" us.. >.< I have to buy the single because the song is amazing but I also have to buy the album because there's a plethora of new songs on it. Western albums also lasts longer than JPOP albums, you'd keep on listening to them everytime there's new singles. JPOP albums get tiresome after a few months unless its bloody amazing. Western albums also keeps you guessing on the next single.. Its a pity that Japanese music is irresistable, or I would save money for Western albums.. My Japanese album collection is growing bigger by the month, unlike my Western collection which have been stagnant since I heard Ayu..
Old 31st October 2005, 02:33 PM
glitter Initiate

J-Pop singles simply give us a taste of what we shall hear in the albums. It's sometimes annoying to wait a whole year or more for the release of an album and hearing nothing about the upcoming album till it is released. Kinda irks me. I prefer hearing a single and getting the feel of the next album. But that's just me =P

Even if you cannot hear my voice. I'll be right beside you dear.

Set by pepper

Crossover x A Hitomi Shimatani Forum

Old 31st October 2005, 02:47 PM
Two of us Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demure_Dusk
J-Pop singles simply give us a taste of what we shall hear in the albums. It's sometimes annoying to wait a whole year or more for the release of an album and hearing nothing about the upcoming album till it is released. Kinda irks me. I prefer hearing a single and getting the feel of the next album. But that's just me =P
agrees. i prefer the jpop style. gives me something new to listen all year round. can someone explain why the western singers release singles after the album has already been released? is it to see how well will each individual song will do in the charts? -blur-

i think boldanddelicious will have a bit of fly high's element inside. i hope! i liked her fly high "rap" and the flower garden's one!
Old 31st October 2005, 02:57 PM
Banned

^ yeah, although I like the western format a lot, I still think its stupid to rlease singles after the album is released. Mostly its done to promote the album, I dont think anyone gives a hoot on the single's sales.. Everything western singers do is to promote albums not singles. And yeah, its irritating to wait for a few years just for some new material without any new stuff for the fans. Nelly Furtado has been absent for some time now..
Old 31st October 2005, 03:19 PM
talkin' 2 myself Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_Cactuar
I like the Western albums concept more.. Their singles usually sell less than expired potato chips but their albums can easily sell high.
Actually, it's not that easy. Nowdays, even BIG artists sell about 200,000 or 300,000 copies on their first week and rarely 500,000 copies. And most of them don't even make it to 1,000,000 copies.

Girls' Generation is .

Old 31st October 2005, 05:27 PM
NEVER EVER Initiate

looks terribly GREAT by looking at just the title alone
Old 31st October 2005, 10:13 PM
Born To Be... Initiate

Location: Australia-Brisbane, where kangaroos jump around my backyard
Quote:
Originally Posted by dokidokisuru
Guess you haven't heard "NOTHING FROM NOTHING." =b
lol when i first heard it i was like, omg i didnt know Ayu could rap
Old 31st October 2005, 10:17 PM
A BALLADS Initiate

^ lol...jabuary....i wonder if she'll have a song called January 1st...lmao..that'd be great...

IF ANYONE, ANYONE!!! HAS THE POSTER FOR CAROLS...I WANT IT. K!? ;_____;

Old 31st October 2005, 10:18 PM
Born To Be... Initiate

Location: Australia-Brisbane, where kangaroos jump around my backyard
[QUOTE=ayufan89]agrees. i prefer the jpop style. gives me something new to listen all year round.
yeah i agree, if Ayu released an album first then the single releases wouldnt make me hyper because i already heard the songs...but everytime Ayu releases singles and an album at the end it just keep u super hyper all year

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayufan89
i think boldanddelicious will have a bit of fly high's element inside. i hope! i liked her fly high "rap" and the flower garden's one!
huh? she was actually rapping in fly high and flower garden?
Old 31st October 2005, 10:33 PM
WHATEVER Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_Cactuar
^ yeah, although I like the western format a lot, I still think its stupid to rlease singles after the album is released. Mostly its done to promote the album, I dont think anyone gives a hoot on the single's sales.. Everything western singers do is to promote albums not singles.
and funny enough that usually backfires, cause they spent a ridiculous amount of money on the PVs and promoting the song and then the album sales don't increase, yet the single's sales go trough the roof. I think western mode of selling albums/singles will have to change soon because lately people is more interested in buying the singles than the album itself.