[News] TROUBLE TOUR 2019-2020 A -misunderstood- - Page 3 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 15th March 2019, 04:53 PM
1 LOVE Initiate

i was wondering, why didn't she milk 20th anniversary? such as... new compilation album etc.. she's not even milking 21st anniversary.

she's like milking TROUBLE. which is over milked.

+ now, the only thing she is doing is touring in Japan. Logically speaking, it's quite hard for overseas fans to reach her. ain't rich enough to fly to Japan yearly to support her.

did we misunderstand her? hmm.. maybe she will shove WARNING into our faces and then life moves on.

Last edited by alternarist; 15th March 2019 at 04:57 PM.
Old 15th March 2019, 04:57 PM
Because of You Initiate

she loooves to reference past works because you'll fall for it and you think is going to be something like the past, If she wanted to do this couldn't she at least use a synonymous of misunderstood?... misconceived, mistaken, wrong, mixed up lol
"Being part of a group like this, with you guys! is awesome! so I salute you all." (1st July 2010, 11:17 PM)
"Adiós." (8th May 2011, 02:13 PM)
Old 15th March 2019, 05:03 PM
Because of You Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by minkAYuko View Post
she loooves to reference past works because you'll fall for it and you think is going to be something like the past, If she wanted to do this couldn't she at least use a synonymous of misunderstood?... misconceived, mistaken, wrong, mixed up lol
She is playing the concept of Deja vu

Put my mouth on the lyrics like CPR

Old 15th March 2019, 05:26 PM
starting over Initiate

Misunderstood in what way?? I’m intrigued. “ spitting the tea”
Old 15th March 2019, 05:28 PM
Sky high Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koumori View Post
The most disappointing thing for me is more that we're not hearing from Ayu herself. The reasons for no more new music, or why the tour isn't getting a new theme. If she wants to focus on touring and is particularly inspired by TROUBLE or doesn't have the funding for a different theme, then all power to her since it's her career, but it's just radio silence.
Maybe the interview on Numero Tokyo'll enlighten your questions.
Old 15th March 2019, 05:53 PM
SEASONS Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by alternarist View Post
i was wondering, why didn't she milk 20th anniversary? such as... new compilation album etc.. she's not even milking 21st anniversary.

she's like milking TROUBLE. which is over milked.

+ now, the only thing she is doing is touring in Japan. Logically speaking, it's quite hard for overseas fans to reach her. ain't rich enough to fly to Japan yearly to support her.

did we misunderstand her? hmm.. maybe she will shove WARNING into our faces and then life moves on.
This. Lol

Probably nothing to do with the original (miss)understood, but I’ve been addicted to that song for the past few weeks. Her voice, the lyrics, the arrangements... couldn’t be more perfect.
I don’t recognize her any longer tbh. Haven’t enjoyed her music since... a really long time. She has her legacy, which is awesome but everything nowadays is just meh.
I don’t think the fan base is being negative, we just live for the drama.
Old 15th March 2019, 05:57 PM
Because of You Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissalove View Post
Misunderstood in what way?? I’m intrigued. “ spitting the tea”

Put my mouth on the lyrics like CPR

Old 15th March 2019, 07:04 PM
July 1st Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirrorcle Monster View Post
this fanbase is so negative
Quote:
Originally Posted by Party_King View Post
Exactly.
Instead of waiting for the Setlist, instead of waiting for further announcements they directly start to complain. Since years it's the same over and over…
good for you guys for managing to stay optimistic following news like this, given the circumstances—almost a superhuman ability!
Old 15th March 2019, 07:06 PM
still alone Initiate

Well this is very disappointing. I was so looking forward to the end of the touring and Ayu returning to making a full length album with PVs. But now she is going on a new tour for months. Then what? CDL TROUBLE 2019-2020? TROUBLE is her weakest release of her career. I don't get this decision, so I guess misunderstood is a good title.

I'm reaching a point of apathy towards Ayu's work. These days I kind of just sit here and wait to see what she does next. I feel similar to Koumori with the "radio silence". Having some insight to Ayu's creative process would make a difference. Hopefully the upcoming magazine interview will be filled with insight.

It looks like Ayu really has become an entertainer now. I don't see the artist side of her anymore and that is what is most upsetting for me personally as a fan.
But it's still early and there may be further announcements in the future. I'm frustrated but I still am trying to be optimistic and hoping for the best.
And yes there will be a negative reaction to this news. I think I can confidently say that most international fans did not want Ayu to go on yet another tour this year. Not all fans are going to be happy about this. It happens. So please spare us the virtue signaling.

Last edited by EndOfTheWorld; 15th March 2019 at 07:08 PM.
Old 15th March 2019, 08:09 PM
Initiate

I'm not surprised she's continuing to tour, I figured she would come up with another one after TROUBLE was over. It's hard to stay optimistic when it's been so long since we've had a proper album.

The most disappointing thing is the disconnect this creates for me as someone who doesn't live in Japan and can't constantly go to her concerts. There's no new music so I can't look forward to that, and they're not even releasing concert DVDs or Blurays, so the only way of even seeing her new performances is if they show TV versions or fancams. I always look forward to setlists, but eventually if I can't see the performances, it's just like seeing the song titles with no impact.

I agree with people wanting for her to speak about her reasoning because right now it feels like a weird limbo situation and I hope she addresses that at some point. Even why there's no remix albums or something she doesn't even have to record new stuff for. I had thought it might be because of her hearing problems, but the constant touring for years has to be much worse than being in a studio for a couple months, idk. I wish I was more optimistic right now and I'll still look forward to whatever she releases.

Last edited by cosmicfirefly; 15th March 2019 at 08:14 PM.
Old 15th March 2019, 09:21 PM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Very bizarre.
Old 15th March 2019, 10:46 PM
RAINBOW Guardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoake View Post
Maybe the interview on Numero Tokyo'll enlighten your questions.
I am very excited for it
Old 15th March 2019, 10:54 PM
appears Initiate

I'd love an ep or an album called missunderstood.
Old 16th March 2019, 12:11 AM
No way to say Initiate

at least I'm glad to see her being so active.

ayumi hamasaki COUNTDOWN LIVE 2012-2013 A ~WAKE UP~. Dec 29/30/31, 2012. Yoyogi National Gymnasium, Tokyo.
ayumi hamasaki 15th Anniversary TOUR ~A BEST LIVE~. Apr 13/14, 2013. Saitama Super Arena, Saitama.
ayumi hamasaki 15th Anniversary TOUR ~A BEST LIVE~. July 27/28, 2013. Yoyogi National Gymnasium, Tokyo.
ayumi hamasaki ARENA TOUR 2016 A ~MADE IN JAPAN~. May 22, 2016. XEBIO Arena, Sendai.
ayumi hamasaki ARENA TOUR 2016 A ~MADE IN JAPAN~. July 18, 2016. Osaka-Jo Hall, Osaka.
ayumi hamasaki COUNTDOWN LIVE 2016-2017 A『Just the beginning -20-』. Dec 29, 2016. Yoyogi National Gymnasium, Tokyo.
ayumi hamasaki 『Just the beginning -20- TOUR 2017』. July 15/17, 2017. Osaka-Jo Hall, Osaka
ayumi hamasaki 『Just the beginning -20- TOUR 2017』. January 9, 2018. ROHM Theatre, Kyoto
Old 16th March 2019, 12:27 AM
SURREAL Initiate

I'm not surprised but well, as someone who has almost 0 chances of travelling to Japan and see her live, as long as I can see another concert recorded I'm (kinda) happy, maybe we can get another EP before the tour starts.

Last edited by Evan Odinson; 16th March 2019 at 12:29 AM.
Old 16th March 2019, 02:39 AM
PAPER DOLL Initiate

I think Ayu is over. Now is just money, even Avex do not bother releasing new concerts on dvd as they are boring.
I love Ayu, but she break my heart so much. I can watch her every DVD, blueray to Made in Japan. Everything after that is not real Ayu. We want new cocerts on DVD, new songs, new performances, but what we want the most... is old Ayumi we love so much.
Old 16th March 2019, 02:49 AM
ayu trance Initiate

For me it's insane how much she's touring but I understand that this is her passion and maybe that's the path she wants to keep following on her career. Maybe she don't feel inspired to create new music anymore. I'm not bothered by the lack of new music, her last concerts have been very enjoyable and nice so I'm fine with whichever way she goes.

ARENA TOUR 2015 A Cirque de Minuit ~Mayonaka no Circus~ @ Saitama Super Arena 2015.04.11/12
ARENA TOUR 2018 ~POWER of MUSIC 20th Anniversary~ @ Saitama Super Arena 2018.04.07
Tokyo Rainbow Pride @ Yoyogi Park 2018.05.06
a-nation' 2018 @ Ajinomoto Stadium 2018.08.26
LIVE TOUR -TROUBLE- 2018-2019 A @ Nakano Sunplaza 2019.02.06
ayumi hamasaki 21st anniversary -POWER of A^3- @ Saitama Super Arena 2019.04.07
Old 16th March 2019, 04:16 AM
WE WISH Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koumori View Post
The most disappointing thing for me is more that we're not hearing from Ayu herself. The reasons for no more new music, or why the tour isn't getting a new theme. If she wants to focus on touring and is particularly inspired by TROUBLE or doesn't have the funding for a different theme, then all power to her since it's her career, but it's just radio silence.

I know that sounds whiny and entitled, but it's my honest opinion on this. I'd love to have any kind of insight on her latest creative and professional choices. It feels like her heart isn't there anymore in her work and she is continuing touring to both connect to her fans, and because retirement just doesn't appeal to her.

There isn't really anything much wrong with that, she's worked so hard and nonstop so it's really whatever. I'd just like if she acknowledged this openly so I can adjust my expectations and stop this teeny tiny hope of a new full-length album around the corner. I'd even prefer a hiatus because her health issues are sometimes super worrying and I bet we barely know the reality behind what she has.

This is my emo fan rant for today done
Not even entitled and whiny. This is the most understanding thing I've read regarding this news as well as the current state of ayu's career.

And I think we've discussed this before. But I would also like to know what direction she wants to go in.

I do think there are some things we may never get reasoning for in ayu's career. Like I imagine she wouldn't come out and say something about a more limited budget even though to me, that appears to have been the case for some time now. But I would like to know her feelings about things.

I dont think ayumi needs to release more music if she isnt inspired to. I'd just like to know if she plans to.

I also worry about her health, mental and physical, to be honest.

_____

In general response to everything...

I would never call her lazy though. When my other favorite artist was on haitus (also respectable) for years, ayumi was still releasing music and I was happy to have her around. She has put out so much material, it's insane. And I enjoy most of it, even more insane as I'm picky lol.

If she wants to tour without new music, I see how it's disappointing, but also it's not causing me any heartbreak. Hopefully she's able to refresh the concept though since it's not "new." I think even with more limited resources, she can still do interesting things with better creative direction

Ayu 💛 JASMINE 💛 Hikki 💛 Eiko 💛 MELL
♡ MUCC ♡

Twitter

Old 16th March 2019, 04:53 AM
opening Run Initiate

I think she became a businesswoman who focuses on earning money by constant touring. Maybe because she knows that there's only so much time left before she becomes completely deaf. Maybe she also wants to enjoy fans' attention while she still can get it. I feel it's a about putting on a show and making money. It's not about music IMO. When you care about music, you take singing lessons, you try to improve your singing skills. I haven't seen any improvement for years to be honest. It's all about visuals and theatrics.
As for making new songs, I've stated this before, she has written tons of lyrics. Maybe she reached the point she no longer has something new to say, at least on a regular basis. She doesn't HAVE to release anything, it's not like she has a contract between her and her fans.
I wouldn't call her lazy, she's always proven to be a hardworking person. Maybe she's just not invested in some things fans expect from her.

Last edited by Chris85; 16th March 2019 at 05:09 AM.
Old 16th March 2019, 06:56 AM
Initiate

Actually, does it actually cost a lot to produce more musics than touring?
Power of Music ~20th Anniversary~, 7th Apr (6) & 8th Apr 2018 (7)
Countdown Live 2019 - 2020 ~Promised Land~, 31st Dec 2019 (8)
25th Anniversary Live, 8th Apr 2023 (9)
25th Anniversary Live Tour, 18th Aug 2023 (10) — LUCKY BOY!!!
Closed Thread

Tags
misunderstood, trouble, trouble tour 2019-2020