ayumi hamasaki COUNTDOWN LIVE 2016-2017 A ~II~ - Page 30 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 1st January 2017, 06:07 PM
ayu trance Initiate

Just watched the whole show and this is my favorite CDL so far! Her voice was really good compared to last year countdown but the thing that makes this so special is that you can see that Ayu and her team really put all their effort and emotions on this! For me it felt like a retirement concert, you know? With lots of emotions, dancer doing their best, the staff getting up on the stage, classics songs, M, the medley. It was very emotional! I cried a lot during "Who...". The friendship between Ayu and her dancers is so beautiful and genuine. You can see that they really love her and vice versa. I loved this CDL

And "OMG!" seeing them re-act the ANGEL'S SONG PV was everythiiiiing! This was one of the first PVs by Ayu that I've watched and it bring back good memories. <3

ARENA TOUR 2015 A Cirque de Minuit ~Mayonaka no Circus~ @ Saitama Super Arena 2015.04.11/12
ARENA TOUR 2018 ~POWER of MUSIC 20th Anniversary~ @ Saitama Super Arena 2018.04.07
Tokyo Rainbow Pride @ Yoyogi Park 2018.05.06
a-nation' 2018 @ Ajinomoto Stadium 2018.08.26
LIVE TOUR -TROUBLE- 2018-2019 A @ Nakano Sunplaza 2019.02.06
ayumi hamasaki 21st anniversary -POWER of A^3- @ Saitama Super Arena 2019.04.07
Old 1st January 2017, 08:25 PM
I am... Initiate

I'm just watching the concert now, and I'm at Beautiful Fighters, but does anyone else feel she seems a little out of it? It's like she took some flu medicine before the show and it's only starting to hit her at that point lol I dunno, she's just acting a little stranger than normal and a bit bemused by everything lol

I'm enjoying the show though lol

ROCK'N'ROLL

rock chick

Old 1st January 2017, 08:29 PM
Far away Initiate

^ I agree with you, I don't know if it's because the camera angles but I think she was really sad or something, maybe exhausted. It remembers me to 2007-2008 CDL.

Hey, the reason of this smile and the meaning of this word can't be understood
Because I don't even want to make them understood
— until that Day...

Old 1st January 2017, 08:37 PM
I am... Initiate

^ yeah she just seems a little off

also, in the wedding dress some of the angles make her look hench AF hahaha i think all that aerial training has given her serious muscle. probably why people are commenting she looks a but more fuller than normal

ROCK'N'ROLL

rock chick

Old 1st January 2017, 09:12 PM
WHATEVER Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uknow! View Post
^ I agree with you, I don't know if it's because the camera angles but I think she was really sad or something, maybe exhausted. It remembers me to 2007-2008 CDL.
OOooohhhh! this CDL was something.
Old 1st January 2017, 09:35 PM
Sky high Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiu-Ayu View Post
I'm just watching the concert now, and I'm at Beautiful Fighters, but does anyone else feel she seems a little out of it? It's like she took some flu medicine before the show and it's only starting to hit her at that point lol I dunno, she's just acting a little stranger than normal and a bit bemused by everything lol

I'm enjoying the show though lol
I agree with you. From the start until the ballad section there was like a lack of energy from time to time. You can tell that she was doing her best to dance and sing but at the same time I felt that she wasn't the same as usual. As when you feel sick but you want to work and try your best to hide it. I can't be angry with her because I do the same. Last spring I played concert with a throat infection. Then it seems she felt better during the other part of the concert.Ayu is very unlucky to be sick two years in a row for the cdl.

Overall this cdl is very good and the spirit of her first cdls is back. It's simple and neither fancy nor extravagant at all. Even the aerial dance is very simple. The new arrangements are nice.
Old 1st January 2017, 10:04 PM
NEVER EVER Initiate

Seems to be one of the best concerts ever! Still watching/listening to Kanariya's performance since 7 hours without a break. What a masterpiece! I have to admit that at first the vocoder (?) sounded so odd to me because on the fancams it seemed to be there not so much/end only. Amazing performance, the way she is "walking" through the air as an entrance is just wow... Really, just wow... I love the thing with the crown and I have "my own" intepretation of it but I don't know if anyone wants to read it since it's better similar to another one...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayumi_lover View Post
Lol, that was probably my instagram. You mean Who video, right?
Indeed it's an app with which you can watch Japanese TV. I didn't know about it myself until a friend told me and I missed most of the CDL myself, but at least I have seen a bit I think I also made We Wish recording that is still on my phone
Oh, I really don't know anymore of which song the video was! I saw so many videos on instagram! :0

Last edited by Katsuyuki012; 1st January 2017 at 10:12 PM.
Old 1st January 2017, 10:48 PM
TO BE Initiate

just finished watching the countdown,
i am positvely suprised.
i think her voice was ok! I had sometimes difficulties listening to her because the acoustic was so bad, i mean everything else was soo loud.
kanariya was flawless. she killed it.

all in all, it was a great concert, but i have to admit that i got borred sometimes because we heard some songs now for many times the past years.
( -by the way, because of you was 10 times worse than last angel. )

I want to turn into a flower, grow thorns,
wither, fall and rot away
Don’t pick me up, leave me
Forget me

Old 1st January 2017, 10:52 PM
still alone Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by _dandy_ View Post
I've seen/heard a number of her live TV concerts, then later the same thing on DVD...some people must have a golden ear, because I can't hear the robotic vocals they refer to.

Maybe it's because I'm more used to hearing music from western countries, where "singers" (and I use that term loosely) use auto-tune all the time and *intentionally* make themselves sound robotic (they must be under the mistaken impression it's a neat effect--it's not). I'm not hearing that on Ayu's concert DVDs. Perhaps Japanese sound engineers have some better techniques for "fixing" vocals that I'm not used to, so I can't really tell what to look for, and therefore I can't spot?

If that's the case, then I hope I *never* get to spot it as it really seems to drive some people here up the wall... :-)
I totally relate! Whenever recording of Ayu's lives are released, every time people talk about how "edited" the vocals were, even past concerts. There are a handful of instances in very recent years where I definitely hear some kind of processing or filter on her vocals. But most of the time I don't hear what others seem to claim and I have a critical ear.
You are lucky if you can't hear it because yes, it is not pleasing to the ears.
Old 1st January 2017, 11:56 PM
Rock'n'Roll Circus Initiate

If you can't hear the edited vocals during the choruses of this WE WISH performance, your ears may be slightly broken.

教えてよねぇあなたならこの時代をどう生きる
Ayu Concerts I've Attended:
Arena Tour 2013: A BEST LIVE
Arena Tour 2015: Cirque de Minuit
Arena Tour 2016: MADE IN JAPAN

You can find me on the gram: https://www.instagram.com/b_utifulfighter/
Old 2nd January 2017, 01:03 AM
As if.. Initiate

This might sound bad but I wish this was her last Countdown live ever.

It's just too many tours/concerts to do in a single year.

Ayu is pushing herself to the limit and it shows.

She's only human and despite being in shape she's not getting any younger. The body simply gets worn out as you get older. She might be in excellent shape but she is 38, not 18.

Her shows would be 1000% better if she reduced her workload, did less tours/concerts and rested more.
Old 2nd January 2017, 01:10 AM
No way to say Initiate

This CDL was awesome but yeah..I wish she would be a bit selfish and take this year off, I think it'd really benefit her work and more importantly herself if she did. In little under 20 years, Ayu has given us more than most artists will give in a lifetime and I feel like its time for Ayu to say "enough" and part of me thinks she really wants to do that but also another part of me think she's a martyr and its all she knows.

Last edited by ExodusUK; 2nd January 2017 at 01:15 AM.
Old 2nd January 2017, 01:21 AM
Virgin Road Initiate

I think we need new thread since a long time ago???

Ayumi Hamasaki...Queen of my life...

Old 2nd January 2017, 01:35 AM
SURREAL Initiate

she really seemed off at least on the first half of the show, she must be so tired, she should just go for an arena tour and one show of CDL on 31, her schedule is crazy lately.
Old 2nd January 2017, 04:31 AM
Memorial address (take 2 version) Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan Odinson View Post
she really seemed off at least on the first half of the show, she must be so tired, she should just go for an arena tour and one show of CDL on 31, her schedule is crazy lately.
It wouldn't make any financial sense to have CDL be one night only on the 31st given all the time, labor, and money that goes into producing it. And it's nice for people who don't want to deal with the madness that comes with being that close to Meiji Shrine on New Year's Eve a chance to still see and enjoy the concert.
Old 2nd January 2017, 04:55 AM
SURREAL Initiate

^ I know! it's just that she looked so tired, wish she took this year off and be ready for her 20° anniversary haha also I watched some performances again and I think the whole audio is kinda messed up, I mean at least I couldn't hear well some instruments, some chorus vocals from Princess and Timmy and the public was screaming and singing along when they were shown on camera but you can't actually hear them, I think the broadcast had a bad audio, I'll wait for the re-edited version maybe they will fix that.
Old 2nd January 2017, 06:38 AM
still alone Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamalley View Post
This might sound bad but I wish this was her last Countdown live ever.

It's just too many tours/concerts to do in a single year.

Ayu is pushing herself to the limit and it shows.

She's only human and despite being in shape she's not getting any younger. The body simply gets worn out as you get older. She might be in excellent shape but she is 38, not 18.

Her shows would be 1000% better if she reduced her workload, did less tours/concerts and rested more.
THIS. And for people who keep saying she sounds ok. Please.
Old 2nd January 2017, 06:51 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

I think the kink in this year was having TA tour again when she was already kinda pushing it with AT to a-nation... then adding TA tour after that with CDL directly after, it was a lot.
Closed Thread

Tags
countdown live, countdown live 2016-2017, just the beginning -20-