~POWER of MUSIC~ 2011 A setlist, photos, and etc. [II] - Page 11 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 29th May 2011, 06:46 AM
Initiate

I love MOON! seriously, this tour has an awesome setlist!
Old 29th May 2011, 03:23 PM
POWDER SNOW Initiate

I love MOON.
Old 29th May 2011, 03:35 PM
Don't look back Initiate

i hope she puts all these into the bluray...it will make one EPIC tracklist if these mini songs are all in...
Old 29th May 2011, 03:41 PM
WHATEVER Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedreamer View Post
i hope she puts all these into the bluray...it will make one EPIC tracklist if these mini songs are all in...
Thiiiis. It sounds like she's working really hard to make each night special. I would really like a chance to see them all.
Old 29th May 2011, 11:50 PM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Love song was performed during the mini MC yesterday.
Old 30th May 2011, 03:54 AM
ayu-mi-x Initiate

Omg! I love love love how she performs a different song at each date! Kind of makes each concert a little more special~
Old 30th May 2011, 05:23 AM
Lelio Protector

Love song <33333333
Old 30th May 2011, 05:34 PM
JEWEL Initiate

I hope she includes all of the songs on the DVD for each tour date!
Old 30th May 2011, 07:56 PM

Love song
Old 31st May 2011, 05:03 PM
BEST Initiate

Are these like the short A Capellas she did in AT08?
Old 31st May 2011, 05:08 PM
Initiate

It seems like ayu sang few english notes on the beginning of forgiveness (before the beginning of the song)
Old 1st June 2011, 03:06 AM
Virgin Road Initiate

^wow...that's cool

Ayumi Hamasaki...Queen of my life...

Old 1st June 2011, 11:16 AM
RAINBOW Guardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavenly Zerase View Post
It seems like ayu sang few english notes on the beginning of forgiveness (before the beginning of the song)
Old 1st June 2011, 02:30 PM
A BALLADS Initiate

omg Love Song <3
Ahh can't wait to see her perform in July

KUMONOITO.NETDEVIANTART.COMTWITTER

Old 3rd June 2011, 02:22 AM
Over Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokyoxjapanxfan View Post
forgiveness was the best thing about PoM.

I'm not going to lie, I actually dozed off during Moments. You know that feeling of just not being able to keep your eyes open in school? Well that's what happened haha. It wasn't long, but I did one of those head jerks when you catch yourself haha. It was just the perfect setting for sleeping... >_>. Although I did go to bed at 3 am the night before and woke up at 7 am to get ready and was at Yokohama arena by 10 am and then sat around and walked all day until we could enter the arena. So I'm sure that's the reason haha. Moments is one of my favorite songs.

I sat down for the majority of the concert, because most of the people around me were doing so as well. Plus, I was seated right at the front of the stand seats--next to the railing. Really good seats, for the stands at least, and I didn't need to stand to see. Ayu was directly facing us for the majority of the concert, always returning back to the same starting point.

I enjoyed the concert, but it was still kind of...I don't know. I'm interested to how it will be translated to DVD. The arrangements were really cool, I especially enjoyed M. It was less ballad and more rock.
Were you able to catch any of the streamers in the stands? I have Arena D-block seating so I'm curious XD
Old 5th June 2011, 11:05 AM
WHATEVER Initiate

I was in the there yesterday in yokohama arena too and I must say I found it soooooooooooooooooooooooooo good!!!I was so happy to be in a concert like this and I started crying already with forgiveness!!She did an amazing performances!!!!!It was so pure!!!!A very special moment!!!
by the way, I loved she performed love song!!!It was soooo good and she was so sweet and cute and really just herself!!Her vocals were great!!!!!(^0^)

I sat at D-Block and I got streamers!!!I`m sooooo happy about it!!(^0^)v
Wish you luck you also get streamers!!

Thank`s to Yoake for this so wonderful set
Old 5th June 2011, 01:41 PM
Over Initiate

Yeah, I got streamers and she nodded and waved at me a bunch of times...and then she tweeted me about it afterwards XD. Needless to say, it was UNREAL.

I was in the front row on the D-Block side and I was so excited when she sang Love song. I saw her tweeting the lyrics for Love song earlier this week and then I asked her on Twitter if she could sing Love song on Saturday...and though she didn't respond to me via Twitter, she sang it only yesterday among both the Saturday and Sunday lives. She answered my request live in concert ^_^!!!

Plus, she greeted me today too~. I'm pretty moved, to say the least.
Old 5th June 2011, 01:48 PM
Over Initiate

Hamasaki Ayumi schools the world of Japanese pop in a lesson on sonic prowess.

The following is a concert review article I wrote on Ayu's 2011.06.04 performance at Yokohama Arena:

Hamasaki Ayumi’s new POWER of MUSIC tour demonstrates that modern-day J-POP artists can be more than extravagant stagework and pyrotechnics. With the smoothest vocal performance she has delivered in years, and a complete reinvention of the arrangement of her classic hits, Hamasaki proved her talent as a musician, above all other things, and demonstrated very clearly that the title ‘Empress of Japanese Pop’ is rightfully hers alone.

Amidst a boom of monochromatic imported Asian electronic productions and engineered underage bikini-wearing idol groups, Hamasaki shows her more vulnerable, private side as a musician for the first time as she sheds her traditionally beloved explosive, earth-shattering visual gymnastics and directs her audience’s attention to the power behind a long-awaited sonic revamping of her signature works.

It is clear during the show that Hamasaki spent a great deal of time reworking her older material into a complete rebirth of orchestral proportions. Her devotion to her craft is indisputable as she commands the brass quartet, percussion, keys and strings into harmony as the maestro and conductor of her own hand-crafted pop opera.

Hamasaki made an arena seating 13,000 viewers feel small and private, like her own little jazz bar as she sang orchestral, blues, rock and bossanova renditions of her most iconic songs. By incorporating the MC portions of the concert into the main set, Hamasaki made the large and daunting Yokohama Arena feel warm and cozy and those who hearkened from far corners into her melodic home were certainly not left unimpressed. There were undoubtedly no bad seats in the venue, as even those in the stands had a fantastic view due to Hamasaki’s decision to utilize a 360-degree stage.

While those who expected Hamasaki’s usual delivery of visual theatrics and laser-driven lightshows might have been somewhat disappointed at first glance, those who truly value the sound-quality of her work will find this show one of her best to-date. Vocally, her performance was of the highest quality and the songstress easily outdid her own delivery on the studio versions of each track. That being said, her command of the orchestra and careful reinvention of her previous material is impressive and well-executed, at the very least.

To a hardcore music-lover, this show is sonically the apex of Hamasaki’s performing career. Anyone who has ever doubted her ability as a musician would do well to see this concert above all others.

Last edited by greggerz189; 5th June 2011 at 03:47 PM.
Old 5th June 2011, 02:02 PM
Over Initiate

As for a play-by-play-esque breakdown of the concert, I put this together. The set list is divided into eight parts, not including the MC session and encore. Each part is proceeded by a short video that alludes to the theme of the songs in the coming set and it all builds up to support the idea that no matter what difficult experiences come our way, we, as human beings, have a divine and innate inclination to survive. It's no exaggeration to claim that this is absolutely one of Ayu's most moving concepts so-far.

Here's the setlist:

Remember
01 forgiveness
M.C. Session
02 Love song (during the 6/4 live only; during the 6/5 live, she performed an a cappella rendition of the chorus for YOU)
Relax
03 blossom
04 BLUE BIRD
05 monochrome
06 fairyland
Pain
07 Guitar Interlude
08 A Song for XX
09 M
10 NEVER EVER
Sorrow
11 walking proud
12 part of Me
13 Moments
Smile
14 Catcher In The Light
15 vogue
16 Far away
17 SEASONS
Joy
18 WONDERLAND
19 Bold & Delicious
20 Mirrorcle World
Cheer!
21 evolution
22 Boys & Girls
To Be Free
23 Born To Be…
Encore
24 Daybreak (A WORLD is ONE Photo Presentation)
25 A Song is born

Highlights:
- forgiveness was EPIC. Even though physically speaking, she's really small, she was so powerful up there conducting her entire orchestra as she belted her way through a re-arranged version of the song.
- Altogether, her vocals throughout the whole concert were nearly flawless. Best vocals I've heard from her in a long time.
- M was rearranged as a rock song (think of the 030213 Session 002 version of A Song for XX found on A BALLADS and you'll have a good idea of how it turned out!)
- Bold & Delicious was hilarious! You can tell she really enjoys poking fun at her dancers XD.
- the vogue-Far away-SEASONS trilogy was certainly nostalgic since she hasn't performed them in a while as a set, and of course, the new arrangements were excellent.
- I'm not sure if it was the case for everyone, but I cried my eyes out during A Song is born. Poor Ayu had to wave at my unabashedly sobbing face XD.

Extra tidbits:
- I forgot to mention that I was about a foot away from Leslie Kee and Shingo Kobayashi during the beginning of the concert ^_^. Leslie was looking sharper than he usually does in his Twitter photos and Shingo was easy to spot because he was wearing white pants XD.
- Erika Sawajiri was apparently there for both the 6/4 and 6/5 shows.

Last edited by greggerz189; 6th June 2011 at 06:54 AM.
Old 5th June 2011, 02:10 PM
I am... Initiate

Did she perform Daybreak?!? I heard of a part of Daybreak appearing on the screens but not of her singing it.

Awesome review BTW Thanks a lot.
Closed Thread

Tags
浜崎 あゆみ, 浜崎あゆみ, hotel love songs, power of music, power of music 2011