[BoA] BoA's 23th official thread - Page 10 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Music Forums > Asian Music Chat > Artists & Bands

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 3rd July 2010, 07:49 PM
ANGEL'S SONG Initiate

^I'd just honestly like to see her REALLY sell well here in Canada and US. Also, at very least I'd like to see her get some real much better promotion over here in North America. All the right TV shows, live events, radio stations etc.
Old 3rd July 2010, 08:22 PM
talkin' 2 myself Initiate

^yeah ikr! i think she could become pretty popular in the states i mean she has the looks, the voice AND the moves! just... sm sucks at US promotions =_____= it would be better if JYP promoted

ALWAYS KEEP THE FAITHproud member of ESS
kiss kiss frenchy frenchy | better than the love motion

Old 3rd July 2010, 08:23 PM
winding road Initiate

She could be very popular worldwide... We can dream
Old 3rd July 2010, 08:33 PM
ANGEL'S SONG Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by hearted View Post
^yeah ikr! i think she could become pretty popular in the states i mean she has the looks, the voice AND the moves! just... sm sucks at US promotions =_____= it would be better if JYP promoted
Well if the rumors about her getting signed to Universal are true after her contract with Avex is up, that could help our dear BoA a lot in America. I checked into Universal even further. They've been around since July 6, 1912. Plus, we already know just how much major stuff they do in music and movies internationally. Maybe they're what she needs to really succeed.
Old 3rd July 2010, 08:38 PM
reBiRTH Initiate

^ maybe that could help, but well, as long as her music is good (and lately, in avex, it hasn't been amazing) i'm glad

Tumblr
| lastfm

Old 3rd July 2010, 08:42 PM
ANGEL'S SONG Initiate

^yeah quite true. i hope her next english album(if there is one) isn't all club music. I hope she mixes it up a little. Even add in some sorta American style ballads if u know that i mean.
Old 3rd July 2010, 08:47 PM
reBiRTH Initiate

yeah, i missed an R&B or ballad song in her american album. She has a wonderful voice to be covered by atotune in a whole album!

Tumblr
| lastfm

Old 3rd July 2010, 08:49 PM
ANGEL'S SONG Initiate

^I really dont know why they did that to her voice in the last one with like almost every track. She's not going to make it in if she doesn't stand there and show people her real voice instead of the sound a machine can make. However, i must admit i enjoyed her english cd. just not as much as her asian music.
Old 3rd July 2010, 08:52 PM
reBiRTH Initiate

i think they did it because of her english
yeah, i enjoyed the us album A LOT! it's very good, but it lacked the true scence of BoA: HER VOICE!

now i have a lot of hope in her korean album!

Tumblr
| lastfm

Old 3rd July 2010, 08:56 PM
ANGEL'S SONG Initiate

^same here. However, as far as her English goes, I've been watching all sorts of her live events and such since that album released and even bits of english she's used on stage in Japan while telling the audience to dance and such has greatly improved. If her english is much more perfected next time around, maybe they won't use the electronic stuff over it.
Old 3rd July 2010, 08:58 PM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

UNIVERSAL J destroyed both Nami Tamaki and Jade Valerie, I wouldn't expect much. BoA shouldn't part with AVEX under any circumstances ^^ Her American success prolly won't ever become reality if her music doesn't get a bit more personal and if she doesn't show people the real BoA and not a star that her management's trying to manufacture. She can't easily appeal to the American audience cuz she doesn't really look like the majority of US pop stars and the looks does matter ^^ Therefore she has to play the personality card and for that she has to actually start speaking English fluently. I love BoA and I've been supporting her since 2005 and would love to see her make it and eventually tour Europe, but there are too many things working against her.

Follow me @njanjayrp

Last edited by njanjayrp; 3rd July 2010 at 09:00 PM.
Old 3rd July 2010, 09:04 PM
1 LOVE Initiate

BOOM! LOL sounds like BUMP BUMP! korean ver.

TWICE

Old 3rd July 2010, 09:11 PM
ANGEL'S SONG Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by njanjayrp View Post
UNIVERSAL J destroyed both Nami Tamaki and Jade Valerie, I wouldn't expect much. BoA shouldn't part with AVEX under any circumstances ^^ Her American success prolly won't ever become reality if her music doesn't get a bit more personal and if she doesn't show people the real BoA and not a star that her management's trying to manufacture. She can't easily appeal to the American audience cuz she doesn't really look like the majority of US pop stars and the looks does matter ^^ Therefore she has to play the personality card and for that she has to actually start speaking English fluently. I love BoA and I've been supporting her since 2005 and would love to see her make it and eventually tour Europe, but there are too many things working against her.

Yeah guess u have a point. Still i don't like how many American pop stars look and act as far as fashion and that sorta stuff goes. I guess maybe it would be best if she stayed in Asia. But she does as you said need to have her music be more personal. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens. Also, I've been supporting BoA since late 2001 if i remember right. It was around the start of her career.

Also, i dont recall Nami Tamaki ever trying out for the US.

Last edited by ILoveGeniuses; 3rd July 2010 at 09:14 PM.
Old 3rd July 2010, 09:14 PM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierofSilence View Post
Yeah guess u have a point. Still i don't like how many American pop stars look and act. I guess maybe it would be best if she stayed in Asia. But she does as u said need to have her music be more personal.
Yup, I don't want her to get brand new silicone breasts and lips and I doubt she'd ever do something like that anyways xD I am perfectly fine with the music she's releasing in Japan, even though IDENTITY was pretty, well, not what I wanted, but WOO WEEKEND is pretty much making up for it I've only got into JPOP in 2004, as we virtually only had dial-up until around that time, I got into her when BEST OF SOUL was released~

Follow me @njanjayrp

Old 3rd July 2010, 09:17 PM
ANGEL'S SONG Initiate

^Oh i hate how like SO many of our american female stars get breast implants. So fake and just... *shudders*

I do like how the Asians don't seem to mind or care about the size of their chest.

As for Identity, I enjoyed the album. It does have a few real good tracks, but it does lack quite a bit i must admit.
Old 3rd July 2010, 09:38 PM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

^ yeah, the singles were enjoyable and a few other songs, but in a way it lacked diversity THE FACE (though Style and Smile Again shouldn't have been on it, it's still an amazing album) had and needless to say that somehow BoA's albums lost something the ones before OUTGROW had xD

Follow me @njanjayrp

Old 3rd July 2010, 09:46 PM
ANGEL'S SONG Initiate

^Actually i totally love Outgrow and Made in Twenty. There's songs from both those albums that most people don't seem to enjoy that I absolutely love. Also, i really liked the song Style, but wasn't super into Smile Again.
Old 3rd July 2010, 09:51 PM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

^ I dunno Style just seemed out of the place for me (it's the same with Smile Again, but the lyrics and poor arrangement bothered me the most). I loved OUTGROW, but it took me a year or so to fully appreciate it as somehow it wasn't easy to digest (my love for Everlasting made me fall in love with the album eventually, still there are a couple of songs like Stay gold that I always skip). MIT left a better first impression on me (STILL. <3), but Prayer somehow annoyed me way too much even more cuz I used to listen to the album while studying Numeric and Discreet Maths xD Even though I might seem picky, I enjoyed those albums regardless of the fact there were a couple of tracks I disliked ^_^

Follow me @njanjayrp

Old 3rd July 2010, 09:52 PM
ANGEL'S SONG Initiate

^Prayer for me is one of those tracks that i love to just turn up and go nuts dancing terrible to.

Also, i know this is hard to believe, but Valenti was actually the Japanese album i took the longest to get used to. Now I love it, but back then I just HATED any form of rapping or hip-hop at all. Now I've grown a much better appreciation and liking to it, which I think is part of why I had trouble liking most of that album in the beginning.

Last edited by ILoveGeniuses; 3rd July 2010 at 09:56 PM.
Old 3rd July 2010, 10:01 PM
winding road Initiate

I think OUTGROW and MIT(20) are pretty solid... There are some tracks which don't match to album theme/style and they can't be liked, but it depends on personal taste... (like KEY OF HEART, nanairo no ashita and Stay my gold for me) But they're good and enjoyable in listening, they contains catchy tracks. When OUTGROW was an album with the biggest music styles diversity from all BoA's albums IMO, MIT(20) brought new style for BoA, who began to sing more in R'n'B-ish, J-urban style... I loved that album for this. I used to dislike THE FACE, but Live Tour made me love tracks from this album and re-listening to them made me appreciate album. THE FACE is another good, solid album. IDENTITY... hmm... Was lacking something. But when you're listening to that album, you feel that BoA put something more personal than in previous albums and all came out from her work (composing etc.). And you become to understand why. It's definitely the most mature album, even though order of songs are kinda ridiculous (interludes? WTF?). I wonder if korean album is continuation of this style or it's going to sound like typical k-pop, produced by SME album.

OMG my english. Hope someone will understand what I wrote.

Tags
boa, identity, kwon boa, woo weekend