[Utada Hikaru] Finishing the Decade with a Bang in her 39th Thread - Page 8 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Music Forums > Asian Music Chat > Artists & Bands

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 21st September 2010, 02:26 PM
I am... Initiate

First Love is cover is nice xD She looks like a japanese girl or something xD

set by pepper

Old 21st September 2010, 02:29 PM
ayu-mi-x Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aitakute View Post
First Love is cover is nice xD She looks like a japanese girl or something xD
Isn't she suppose to look like a Japanese girl?
Old 21st September 2010, 02:58 PM
I am... Initiate

in first love and Distance Era ( since she cut her hair) she looks more japanese that she looks after she cuts it
maybe its growing or something xd There is more japanese girl in japanese girl xD

set by pepper

Old 21st September 2010, 04:33 PM
Daybreak Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aitakute View Post
in first love and Distance Era ( since she cut her hair) she looks more japanese that she looks after she cuts it
maybe its growing or something xd There is more japanese girl in japanese girl xD
She wasn't wearing make-up, maybe that's the thing?

In Ultra Blue, for example, she's all made up and gorgeous, so she looks like a superstar. On First Love she definitely didn't look like a superstar So I guess that made her a regular Japanese girl, indeed.
Old 21st September 2010, 07:36 PM
theme of a-nation '03 Initiate

In First Love, she portrayed herself (or Toshiba did?) as a teen girl with talents.
In Distance, I dunno what she's portraying... besides, the cover is actually the ugliest (there are better pics inside the booklet, why using that one?)
DEEP RIVER's cover is the best because the depressing look on hikki emitted the feeling of the album (and most importantly, the title song).
ULTRA BLUE is magical, because she's using red, the biggest contrasting color with blue IMO. And her eyes were so shiny in the pic.
HEART STATION.. I dun like her hair, but the cover did emit the concept of the album. It's very soothing .
Old 21st September 2010, 08:07 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegie View Post
In First Love, she portrayed herself (or Toshiba did?) as a teen girl with talents.
In Distance, I dunno what she's portraying... besides, the cover is actually the ugliest (there are better pics inside the booklet, why using that one?)
DEEP RIVER's cover is the best because the depressing look on hikki emitted the feeling of the album (and most importantly, the title song).
ULTRA BLUE is magical, because she's using red, the biggest contrasting color with blue IMO. And her eyes were so shiny in the pic.
HEART STATION.. I dun like her hair, but the cover did emit the concept of the album. It's very soothing .
The biggest contrasting color to blue ir orange... But close enough anyway xD

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 21st September 2010, 08:24 PM

Oh yeah actually you're rite. Probly I should use the word opposite instead of contrast (or... they have the same meaning? ).

But honestly, will she do a similar SC1 cover this time, or make a big head shot since there are new songs??
Old 21st September 2010, 09:10 PM
Daybreak Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegie View Post
Oh yeah actually you're rite. Probly I should use the word opposite instead of contrast (or... they have the same meaning? ).

But honestly, will she do a similar SC1 cover this time, or make a big head shot since there are new songs??
I really hope she'll pull a double cover.. One for the Single Collection, one for the mini-album on Disc 2.. I'm also hoping for an actual title for Disc 2, just like Koda Kumi's BEST ~Third Universe~ And 8th Album UNIVERSE.

But that's probably not gonna happen.
Old 21st September 2010, 09:31 PM
Greatful days Initiate

I wouldn't be surprised if the first press extras are the second CD with the new songs and the pressings following first press are just the single collection.
Old 21st September 2010, 10:57 PM
forgiveness Initiate

i doubt it will even have a first press. UH4 and Boku Wa Kuma (CD+photobook) were her only two materials to ever have anything first press. Boku wa kuma is (as of now) her only cd to have alternate covers. (Considering we're not talking about Exodus, because that's her utada career and unrelated) It's very unlike her to do first press bonus anything, let alone alternate covers.

Last edited by Picaflor 7/4; 21st September 2010 at 11:00 PM.
Old 21st September 2010, 11:16 PM
Liar Initiate

^Well CD Japan has a first press listed

FlavorsCD CollectionNana Mizuki Forum
Old 21st September 2010, 11:37 PM
Greatful days Initiate

Yeah... CD Japan has first press listed as well as limited packaging. Also, DEEP RIVER had first pressing. I think COLORS may have and maybe ULTRA BLUE.

[edit]
Out of curiosity, whether or not it may happen (probably not), what do you guys think an English "best album" would look like from Hikki?

I was thinking something along the lines of this:
1. Come Back To Me
2. Merry Christmas Mr. Lawrence - FYI
3. Exodus '04
4. Devil Inside
5. Kremlin Dusk
6. You Make Me Want To Be A Man
7. Dirty Desire
8. Easy Breezy
9. Sanctuary
10. Simple and Clean
11. Devil Inside (The Scumfrog Radio Edit)
12. Exodus '04 (Josh Harris' Elektrik - Radio)
13. You Make Me Want To Be A Man (Bloodshy & Avant Mix)
14. Come Back To Me (Mike Rizzo Radio Edit)
15. Dirty Desire (Digital Dog Radio Edit)

I figure if we got lucky tracks 11~15 could end up as new songs or new remixes. I bet tracks 1-10 would definitely be on it. All the singles plus the Kingdom Hearts songs and FYI because it was sort of a promo single. In China & Taiwan it was in the TiTO cm and she performed it on TV twice in America. Kremlin Dusk because it's the only non-single Exodus song she ever performed outside the NYC showcase.

Other possibilities are Hotel Lobby (fan favorite and rumored single with official, unreleased remixes), Me Muero (also performed on TV in the US, but not aired in entirety), Poppin' (possibly could be considered a radio single because of airplay), and This One (because it's TiTO's title track.)

Meh... I'm just bored.

Last edited by amorphose; 22nd September 2010 at 12:02 AM.
Old 22nd September 2010, 12:28 AM
forgiveness Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by teddbear55 View Post
^Well CD Japan has a first press listed
they also claim we are getting a first press "special packaging" for ayu's L single, but we're not cause they announced it on twitter. I think the first press thing is just a standard they use for most cds.
Old 22nd September 2010, 12:42 AM

^ I can't really tell if there's any "special" first press for hikki's cd. Most likely there maybe another pictorial disc as her first press. Ayu's L is a bit different. avex was going to produce special press until a week ago to cancel the whole first press thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amorphose View Post
Yeah... CD Japan has first press listed as well as limited packaging. Also, DEEP RIVER had first pressing. I think COLORS may have and maybe ULTRA BLUE.
Yes, DR had pictorial disc as the first press, and same went for Distance. There's no first press for ULTRA BLUE tho. I can't remember if COLORS had first press or not.
Old 22nd September 2010, 03:21 AM
Rock'n'Roll Circus Initiate

Someone posted the audio from the entire show in NYC...and I'm listening to it. It's making me cry because I was there and part of that AUDIENCE cheering and clapping is me...

Such a great show.

教えてよねぇあなたならこの時代をどう生きる
Ayu Concerts I've Attended:
Arena Tour 2013: A BEST LIVE
Arena Tour 2015: Cirque de Minuit
Arena Tour 2016: MADE IN JAPAN

You can find me on the gram: https://www.instagram.com/b_utifulfighter/
Old 22nd September 2010, 04:50 AM
INSPIRE Initiate

so,its not confirmed that it will comes with special packaging?

Old 22nd September 2010, 05:01 AM
Curtain call Initiate

this thread is boring.
come on let it be november already
Old 22nd September 2010, 06:26 AM
UNITE! Initiate

Quote:

[edit]
Out of curiosity, whether or not it may happen (probably not), what do you guys think an English "best album" would look like from Hikki?

I was thinking something along the lines of this:
1. Come Back To Me
2. Merry Christmas Mr. Lawrence - FYI
3. Exodus '04
4. Devil Inside
5. Kremlin Dusk
6. You Make Me Want To Be A Man
7. Dirty Desire
8. Easy Breezy
9. Sanctuary
10. Simple and Clean
11. Devil Inside (The Scumfrog Radio Edit)
12. Exodus '04 (Josh Harris' Elektrik - Radio)
13. You Make Me Want To Be A Man (Bloodshy & Avant Mix)
14. Come Back To Me (Mike Rizzo Radio Edit)
15. Dirty Desire (Digital Dog Radio Edit)

I figure if we got lucky tracks 11~15 could end up as new songs or new remixes. I bet tracks 1-10 would definitely be on it. All the singles plus the Kingdom Hearts songs and FYI because it was sort of a promo single. In China & Taiwan it was in the TiTO cm and she performed it on TV twice in America. Kremlin Dusk because it's the only non-single Exodus song she ever performed outside the NYC showcase.

Other possibilities are Hotel Lobby (fan favorite and rumored single with official, unreleased remixes), Me Muero (also performed on TV in the US, but not aired in entirety), Poppin' (possibly could be considered a radio single because of airplay), and This One (because it's TiTO's title track.)

Meh... I'm just bored.
I think it would only work if they did a Best with english and japanese songs.
Old 22nd September 2010, 08:47 AM
Daybreak Initiate

Quote:
Other possibilities are Hotel Lobby (fan favorite and rumored single with official, unreleased remixes),
Hotel Lobby was a rumored single and there are remixes?

Did those remixes every leak? Please tell me more

I bought Exodus back in the days, but I was like.. 13 or something, I did't stalk the forums about her like I do now
Old 23rd September 2010, 01:30 AM
forgiveness Initiate

Quote:
Other possibilities are Hotel Lobby (fan favorite and rumored single with official, unreleased remixes)
there are no remixes. it was going to be a single, and they even commisioned a remixer to make remixes for the single, but by the end they decided it was not worth it and just scrapped the whole thing. Hotel lobby was going to be the next official single, but it never got any farther than that.

And whatever happened with tito? 2 singles? 1 video? come on. lazy utada >> The only reason it's not selling is cause you are not trying hard enough to promote it. You're letting it go on it's own and hoping it's a bird with wings that'll just go and fly amazingly high without you being around it. wrong. you need to promote promote promote, more singles, videos, live performances, radio airplay, commercials, etc. you are did nothing to help promote this album. This album is not the one apparently.

Tags
goddess, hikaru utada, storm, utada hikaru