ASIA TOUR 2008 ~10th Anniversary~ setlists and pictures [V] - Page 7 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 27th October 2008, 09:25 PM
A Song for XX Initiate

Sure, they don't sound identical, but they're pretty darn close. For every person who said [song] sounded the same in different performances, you have someone else who said it didn't. I guess it depends on if you have enough confidence in other people to always believe that they can pick up on the small differences. Therefore, some people will call it "identical" when they're actually "almost identical", and suddenly everyone believes Ayu is lip-synching 2/3 of the concert because of a few people.

BTW, I'm not saying Ayu never lip-synchs. Personally, I believe she's just accused of it more often than she actually does (or at least more often than can be proven beyond reasonable doubt).
Old 27th October 2008, 09:40 PM
walking proud Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by erin1m View Post
Sure, they don't sound identical, but they're pretty darn close. For every person who said [song] sounded the same in different performances, you have someone else who said it didn't.
But we are referring to videos here, not on people opinions.

btw, I finally found my disc with the TV broadcast of CDL 05/06. Since it seems a lot of the people here haven't seen what happened with theme of a-nation 03, I can upload it if you want.
Old 27th October 2008, 10:11 PM
A Song for XX Initiate

^ I've seen it, and of course there's no argument there. I can't say I've actually compared videos from AT 08, but I've seen them individually and the thought that she lip-synched didn't even come to mind. I'll have to re-watch them side by side though.
Old 27th October 2008, 10:15 PM
walking proud Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by erin1m View Post
^ I've seen it, and of course there's no argument there. I can't say I've actually compared videos from AT 08, but I've seen them individually and the thought that she lip-synched didn't even come to mind. I'll have to re-watch them side by side though.
Yeah, I mean, I'm not really directing my comments at you but there just seems to be so many people in general that deny that she would ever lip synch. At least you admit that she sometimes does. Also, aside from the videos, I've always thought from day 1 that the choreography in Marionette is just too jerky to be able to sing through smoothly.
Old 28th October 2008, 02:05 AM
End of the World Initiate

I just.. still can't believe Marionette is lipsynched..
She did NOT sing it smoothly in my opinions... >>)
Because, as I said before, parts of singing in the video sounds AWFUL and off pitch.
There is just no reason to lipsync unless it's gonna to sound really good.
Its no way a perfect vocal performance at all. -_-);
If that is how she records her lipsyncing, I am scared. LOL

And I really like the vocal in fly high and depend on you. . . .
I am weird~ ahaha
Old 28th October 2008, 07:38 AM
ayu trance Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineSlayer View Post
But we are referring to videos here, not on people opinions.

btw, I finally found my disc with the TV broadcast of CDL 05/06. Since it seems a lot of the people here haven't seen what happened with theme of a-nation 03, I can upload it if you want.
Please upload it)))) Could you please upload WHOLE TV version of the concert)))))

well, as for me we can't accuse her now because we don't havefull HQ video, no one wasn't at both concerts and even if was we can't see them together to compare. This would be like "yeah! she sung that way!! so it's sounds like idenical to what i've heard a mounth ago on HK show so LYP SYNCH!!!"
Well as for me videos from japnese leg of Marionette sounds different. Maybe because of MQ professional rip.

Quote:
Yeah, I mean, I'm not really directing my comments at you but there just seems to be so many people in general that deny that she would ever lip synch. At least you admit that she sometimes does. Also, aside from the videos, I've always thought from day 1 that the choreography in Marionette is just too jerky to be able to sing through smoothly.
well, of course she does! especially some TVperfomances(not HEY!x3 or Music Station, i'm talking about thousands of small shows where she appeared to promete her stuff, but well, not on big and popular channels, maybe CDTV sometimes also was lypsynch as for me really)

Last edited by Ayumi_lover; 28th October 2008 at 07:43 AM.
Old 28th October 2008, 08:01 AM
rainy day Initiate

Yeah, I remember seeing the CDL 2005-2006 where she did lip-sync "theme of a-nation '03". I never really liked that CDL, but I do remember the scene. Ha ha. Oh well. I don't know if she did lip-sync at all during AT08. Everything sounded phenomenal when I went, but you can't really tell when you are at the concert. Guess we will have to wait until the TV showing at the end of November. SO EXCITED~
Old 28th October 2008, 08:42 AM
Banned

^

Actually TV perfs seem to be less often lip synched than tours nowadays, at least with all the TV performances I've seen. E.g. Mirrorcle World was always live.
Old 28th October 2008, 11:53 AM
ayu trance Initiate

^well, MW yeah, but I mean some her older perf like on AX music or something
Old 28th October 2008, 12:22 PM
Heartplace Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by maikaru View Post
I just.. still can't believe Marionette is lipsynched..
She did NOT sing it smoothly in my opinions... >>)
Because, as I said before, parts of singing in the video sounds AWFUL and off pitch.
There is just no reason to lipsync unless it's gonna to sound really good.
Its no way a perfect vocal performance at all. -_-);
If that is how she records her lipsyncing, I am scared. LOL
I think the same! XDD Oke i'm agree that maybe other performances she lipsync, but this is because she wanted to sound good... But Marionette in al videos sounds BAD not well sang... and this is because of all movements she didn't sang well... but... XD record a BAD performance of marionette in a studio... is just... XDD yes, scaring... XDD

How to join Team Ayu! ~

Old 28th October 2008, 01:47 PM
count down Initiate

Precisely. I never understood why certain people insisted that Marionette was lip-synched when the performances sounded horrendous in any case. Reports from the first few legs of AT 08 in Japan mentioned that she missed some words/notes, and started late and all that. Not so much of a lip-synch if you ask me.

Call me being in self-denial or what have you but I refuse to believe that Ayu lip-synchs. It's not because I'm a brainwashed fan but it's just that I've watched enough documentaries of her rehearsing with the band and all that, insisting that songs have to be played by the band to her standards and all that... if she's really going to FAKE her singing, why go through all that trouble with the band rehearsals? I don't think it's fair to her to just insist that she lip-synchs.

YAYAYAYA GAGAGAGA DADADADA WOWOWOWO

Last edited by waterballoon; 28th October 2008 at 01:55 PM.
Old 28th October 2008, 02:18 PM
still alone Initiate

I dun get how u all guys saying she lipped my name's WOMEN or Marionette or don't leave me alone, guys please. U see Britney Onyx hotel tours and other tours, pre recorded song to use in live will sound soooooooooooooooo smooth and cleaaaaaarrrrrr like it's totally fake. ayu's performance are like even hard to listen...if i'm an artist, say...will I purposedly pre recorded my songs in bad quality so that I don't sound lip singing while i actually do? the perfor,amce seems to sounds the same because it's ayu who sings the song, not other ayu. please...If you see some TV performances of her...almost all sounded the same to me...except its lower or abit off, remember all CAROLS performane when it's 1st promoted were painful to listen...then it started to be good
Old 28th October 2008, 03:19 PM
count down Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by se7entheaven View Post
I dun get how u all guys saying she lipped my name's WOMEN or Marionette or don't leave me alone, guys please. U see Britney Onyx hotel tours and other tours, pre recorded song to use in live will sound soooooooooooooooo smooth and cleaaaaaarrrrrr like it's totally fake. ayu's performance are like even hard to listen...if i'm an artist, say...will I purposedly pre recorded my songs in bad quality so that I don't sound lip singing while i actually do? the perfor,amce seems to sounds the same because it's ayu who sings the song, not other ayu. please...If you see some TV performances of her...almost all sounded the same to me...except its lower or abit off, remember all CAROLS performane when it's 1st promoted were painful to listen...then it started to be good
I couldn't agree more with you. I would like to also add that she might be performing the songs in Japan for the first time, so she's trying around to see which style suits her the best. Then as she moves on to other legs in Asia, she sticks to that comfortable style. I think that's only logical.

YAYAYAYA GAGAGAGA DADADADA WOWOWOWO

Old 28th October 2008, 04:43 PM
End of the World Initiate

Like, the way I look at it.
If Marionette really is lipsyncing..
She is really doing herself a bad thing.
Im pretty sure she can sound better live than that with that song, if it's just recording.
And with a recorded lipsynced track, even if she sucked at singing the song,
I'm sure they could manipulate the pitch and make her sound at least good.
But yeah, if it's lipsync, I really have to ask questions about the sanity of the decisions.

I obviously know she has lipsync before.
But she doesn't do it often, or even when she should.
Like, some lives in 2001, she didn't use even backing track when on TV.
And when she first introduced Unite.. she should have used it.. ahaha.
I really wonder like.. why people say she lipsyncs so much.. or uses backing track for certain songs,
When we have all heard when she is sounding so horrible. -_-

For me, it doesn't make sense at all.. we are not given the impression that she is a great singer 100% of time, obviously.
But we can see that she forgets her lines a lot, or in evolution in countdown 2005 - 2006, sings the wrong ones,
And in that countdown, I have no idea WHY she would lipsync theme of a-nation, since she sounded so good for the other songs, and she didn't lipsync them, I think.
Maybe something was wrong with the broadcast or something, I have no idea.

But yeah..
If you're going to lipsync, I think it should be done well?
Not so that you sound like karaoke master. T_T
Old 28th October 2008, 04:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Yeah, I could have done without the soldiers too, but it didn't really bother me that much because the song was still primarily just Ayu w/ emotion pouring out of her.^_^
Okay. ^^

Quote:
Right now I live in California, but I used to live in Japan on one of the US military bases. (I partially grew up there) Tokyo has a hotel in it owned by the US military that is strictly for the use of military members and their families. (Olivia apparently has stayed there a lot) It is very cheap for military families to stay at, so my Mom and I (she is also a big fan of J-Pop) often go back to visit.

A little side story that people may find interesting: The hotel is located in a very rich section of Tokyo where a lot of foreigners live - because of that, many many Japanese celebrities live there to. (They can get around much easier living in a place w/ a majority of foreigners I suppose) I once ran into Akanishi Jin of KAT-TUN on the street and Namie apparently lives almost right around the corner of the hotel as I've heard several people mention seeing her either in the park or at the supermarket. (Everyone says that she is extremely nice and down to earth) Ayumi supposedly lives in the area too, but I haven't heard any stories about her yet.
Ah, okay. :3 Lol Namie, that's awesome. Why don't you go look for her? XD

Quote:
As for the distance from the audience thing. I do think she connects more with the audience on performances like a song for xx and what not. But then at the same time, there are some people (especially on this forum^_^) that love big spectacle more than anything else. I will note though that my Mother (big Ayu fan that has seen her live numerous times as well), said after the show (AT08) that it seemed like Ayu interacted less with the audience than usual.
Hmm, ok. =3

Quote:
My answer to that would be: Ever seen a lot of live concerts? Songs always sound different from night to night, even if in just small ways, but usually in very noticeable ways.

And actually when I went to London, I saw Phantom of the Opera (some of my favorite songs) multiple times and even then I still wouldn't say that each time they sounded exactly the same...
Yea, of course they don't sound exactly the same. It's humanly IMPOSSIBLE to time the ending of sung sentences down to the milisecond the same. XD Actually, I'm 100% sure too that at least Marionette is lip synched so all the denial they're doing is kinda lol. XD

Quote:
In the DVD it certainly appears that way, but I remember that live it sounded different. (Avex Magic haha)
Oh, that's good to hear. ^^ I would like it more if she used backing tracks like Kuu instead of lip synching, but I guess that would just sound weird for her songs like Marionette and (don't) Leave me alone. I gotta say that (d)Lma has an EXCELLENT vocal track, don't you think? You can really hear her sarcasm and such. ^^ I'd love to get a studio quality version of (D)Lma with the live vocal track. (I don't think Marionette is bad either, but OK! It would still make sense, though. It's hard to sing with the jerking around like you said, so it's better she just rest her voice that song. ^^)

BTW, did you know kiss 'o kill from AT07 was sung live? From the DVD I always thought it was lip synched, but it's not. : O

Last edited by Melrose; 28th October 2008 at 04:57 PM.
Old 28th October 2008, 05:33 PM
ayu trance Initiate

^as for me kiss o kill wasn't synched, i also saw some fans recording, you still can find some on tudou, when you can hear that vocals are diffrent.

As for me all that talks that she MAYBE lyp synched dLma or Marionette based on that somebody can't belive that it is really possible to have such vocals and making so choreography
Old 28th October 2008, 05:59 PM
WHATEVER Initiate

sunshine may i ask u some question

Did you go to Shanghai Concert ? in Which Section did you seat ?

For Me , I go to Shanghai Concert and the concert is very good

Even when ayu sing DOY in weird voice XD, but i do notice that she sing Marionette very smooth but i can't tell, if that is lypsynch or not . and for other song i think she sing live...

that's my opinion
Old 28th October 2008, 06:45 PM
until that Day… Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free & Easy View Post
sunshine may i ask u some question

Did you go to Shanghai Concert ? in Which Section did you seat ?

For Me , I go to Shanghai Concert and the concert is very good

Even when ayu sing DOY in weird voice XD, but i do notice that she sing Marionette very smooth but i can't tell, if that is lypsynch or not . and for other song i think she sing live...

that's my opinion
hiiI!! i went to Shanghai concert too!!
which section did u sit???
i sit at Row 11... more to the right side..

u also found out Ayu sang DOY sounded weird?
me too!!! she shouldn't sound like that... i love the DOY 10th anniversary version..she supposed to sing normally...
Old 28th October 2008, 06:53 PM
rainy day Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterballoon View Post
...but I refuse to believe that Ayu lip-synchs.
There is no doubt that she has. I don't believe she does it often, but the CDL 05-06 (TV LIVE) is clear proof. avex knew it, so they changed the angle on the DVD release.
Old 28th October 2008, 07:11 PM
WHATEVER Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyUmIXx View Post
hiiI!! i went to Shanghai concert too!!
which section did u sit???
i sit at Row 11... more to the right side..

u also found out Ayu sang DOY sounded weird?
me too!!! she shouldn't sound like that... i love the DOY 10th anniversary version..she supposed to sing normally...
we met @ West Gate before the Opening Gate if you still remember which one

I just surprise when she sang like that XD

Tags
asia tour, asia tour 2008, ayumi hamasaki, concert tour, setlists