[News] ayumi hamasaki COUNTDOWN LIVE 2014-2015 A, Cirque de Minuit INFO II - Page 6 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 1st January 2015, 06:31 AM
Don't look back Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by holy_arrow View Post
Does anyone realize that Her vocal is very weak and sleazy ?
so parts were very airy but when she really belted out it was so strong. I think its her control? She's working on it im sure. (e.g. NOW & 4EVA and Last minute)

I really wonder what songs she might change out for the ARENA TOUR...Walk-forgiveness-progress might seem so weird in the main section HAHA

edit: she shound totally throw in Marionette, Sexy little things HAHA

Last edited by freedreamer; 1st January 2015 at 06:34 AM.
Old 1st January 2015, 06:34 AM
NOTHING FROM NOTHING Initiate

She looks amazing, Can't wait to see it the full concert.
Old 1st January 2015, 07:38 AM
Boys & Girls Initiate

nice, finally no one turning/dancing/acting around when she perform in ballad sections
Old 1st January 2015, 08:10 AM
End of the World Initiate

I don't see the entire CDL yet but I see ayu sad, or serious.
She's not smiling too much.
The vocals are a little bit bad in some songs but I understand she works really hard every year. She's a superwoman doing what she do.

Since Feel the love her vocals sound different, like she is trying to be a little girl talking :S
Old 1st January 2015, 09:16 AM
Initiate

S-e-S this time is really intriguing musically, the way each song's melody blends into the other one ... together with Duty, finally ayu took musical rearrangement in live into a serious level (besides the awesomeness in PoM)
Old 1st January 2015, 11:10 AM
Who... Initiate

i was afraid of the circus-theme but ayu ended up rocking it at first i was like holy shit that set list is terrible and all over the place but after watching some of the clips i can finally say i really enjoy it! this is like back to the basics that Duty arrangement is creepy as fuck
Old 1st January 2015, 11:39 AM
And Then Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxikot View Post
Picture from for'a'ver club
That was actually my photo, lol. It was the concert on the 29th. Loved it! Everything was perfect!

Had a lot of fun during Duty/Microphone/GAME/my name's WOMEN/1 LOVE segment, I was actually kinda surprised as I was preparing myself for newer songs. I was very happy.

The Ballad section was great, but I didn't know some of the songs. forgiveness and progress were fantastic! And I really like NOW&4EVA, love this song so much now! SURREAL-evolution-SURREAL was so much fun as usual.

Encore was so much fun! Found myself a new favourite song, Movin' on without you. SO surprised to hear it for the first time... and live! Didn't know Ayu did a cover of Hikki's song, and it was AMAZING! Born to be... was the perfect song to end the concert. It's one of my favourite Ayu's songs of all time. I was so happy!
Old 1st January 2015, 11:47 AM
rainy day Initiate

Despite the horrible quality of what with have now, the concert looks AMAZING. Probably more so than the previous one!
Old 1st January 2015, 02:30 PM
Born To Be... Initiate

Despite her vocals she really pulled off a great show
Old 1st January 2015, 02:48 PM
Rock'n'Roll Circus Initiate

So far I'm really loving this concert! I could do without progress and I wish that it was ayu singing End roll though. But her vocals are ON POINT! For the songs that matter, at least. The new songs, and the ballads. PERFECTION! And Duty! AMAZING!

教えてよねぇあなたならこの時代をどう生きる
Ayu Concerts I've Attended:
Arena Tour 2013: A BEST LIVE
Arena Tour 2015: Cirque de Minuit
Arena Tour 2016: MADE IN JAPAN

You can find me on the gram: https://www.instagram.com/b_utifulfighter/
Old 1st January 2015, 02:56 PM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

Despite the very bad quality of the video, I am sooo in love with this year CDL! The theme is prefect and I can really see her effort in coming up with something new and awesome! this is wayy better than her premium live and I am soo looking forward to the arena tour 2015. Ayu RockS!!
Old 1st January 2015, 03:31 PM
YOU Initiate

That sounds great. I can`t wait for the DVD.

Nice to see that she looks so happy.

Last edited by Outback; 1st January 2015 at 03:34 PM.
Old 1st January 2015, 03:43 PM
independent Initiate

This is the first CDL I've properly enjoyed all the way through since CDL 05-06. 1 LOVE's visuals <3 Duty <3 the ballads <3 She looks amazing and sounds amazing (for the most part).
Old 1st January 2015, 05:19 PM
Because of You Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isicio View Post
I don't see the entire CDL yet but I see ayu sad, or serious.
She's not smiling too much.
The vocals are a little bit bad in some songs but I understand she works really hard every year. She's a superwoman doing what she do.

Since Feel the love her vocals sound different, like she is trying to be a little girl talking :S
She even cries at the end of "walk" performance.

Her voice is good, considering this is a low quality live steam video, we can hear so many background noise from audience, people scream "AYU AYU AYU AYU" all the time in the video.

Surely DVD and BL would be better.

Put my mouth on the lyrics like CPR

Old 1st January 2015, 05:50 PM
Because of You Initiate

mmm... sureal-evolution-surreal was the only bad part of the concert. I couldn't stand that fake cutesy voice, and she kept going off key in this. but i think a part of the fault is the arrangement or something. It was just plain bad..

But overall i really like how they excecuted the whole theme and she did things she didn't try before, the Daichi did great with costumes too, i loved every single one of them. i could have gone without the forgiveness feather tail but overall everything was really good.
If you look at what they did in this: the opening reminds me me of HLS, The areal stunts make you think of Premium Showcase, The opening is reminicent of RnRC, as well as Last Minute. And what they did with 1LOVE kind of works with what they did for Don't Look Back and Lady Dinamite on RnRC. And startin from Walk to progress it was PoM. Basicly they did recicle stuff but made it a bit different. What stuck in my mind the most was Ayu siting on that moon with that princess dress and her tiny feet dangling from under it. It looked like she was a little girl from a fairytale. ♥ I always love when she goes on stage barefeet.

Last edited by BlackSilence; 1st January 2015 at 06:10 PM.
Old 1st January 2015, 06:01 PM
Heartplace Initiate

I thought she actually sounded pretty good for most of the concert. There were parts that were super inconsistent. She sounded so nice in my name's WOMEN's chorus for example but shaky in the verses. She varied a lot within songs, but overall I thought she was totally tolerable considering how her voice has deteriorated. I thought she improved.

I loved what she did with 1 LOVE. That song has gotten a little boring for me, but it felt like a TOTALLY different song with that performance despite having the same usual arrangement. It was just fun. I especially loved her shooting a heart out of her cooch twice.

My biggest disappointment really was that the entire second half of the concert was the same thing over and over. Not even a costume change. All the props and theatrics disappeared and it turned into the usual Ayu on stage with blandly choreographed swarms of dancers. And to make matters worse, every song had to have been extended to 7 minutes long. Everything up to Last minute FLEW BY, and then the second half was just a series of excruciatingly long by-the-numbers performances. :\

If the entire concert had been as good as the first half, I'd say it was her best show in years, but that'd be a lie because I think she's stepped up her concert game a lot in the past few years lol. Almost every concert post-POM has been for me. ...Except PREMIUM SHOWCASE and the second half of this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by artcika View Post
I always love when she goes on stage barefeet.
I hate that, it seems so tacky and cheap. Like honestly I don't really think there's any excuse for not wearing a pair of shoes on stage. It's just weird.
Old 1st January 2015, 06:15 PM
Because of You Initiate

^ i guess to each their own. it makes me think that she feels comfortable enough on stage that she feels like she's at home. Also when you come to someone's place you always take off the shoes, so it's kind of a show of respect for people who invited you. And in japan it is extreamelly higlighted. But as I said to each their own. And anyone could make some arguements to this... But to me it adds cozyness to the show.
Old 1st January 2015, 07:01 PM
ayu-mi-x Initiate

Yeah, I wouldn't consider something like that tacky and cheap, either. I dont find it weird whatsoever--even Shakira performs barefoot for dancing, comfort and as part of the overall feel of the performance. They're just shoes (or lack of them) lmao. A barefoot artist is nothing worth hating.

Old 1st January 2015, 08:15 PM
SCAR Initiate

Can I have her body please? She looks STUNNING. Despite the quality this concert is FANTASTIC. She looks beautiful in every outfit, the show is well thought and the performances are very entertaining and nice to watch. I loved every single one of them. 1 love, OMG. LOVED IT. Her voice is very on point, she delivers very well! Sometimes it's a bit too cutesy, and especially when it comes to songs like progress the contrast between this and her rock voice comes out. But I really liked it nonetheless... she nailed the older songs, S-E-S was perfect she really sounded like the old days and that impressed me very very much. I loved the insertion of the ode to the joy in the medley, especially because it came after the "I came to this earth so that I could meet you" part. It made me think that it was dedicated to us fans, to the joy of having met us. Plus she was smiling so much. Ah, I'm fangirling. Lovely concert, really.
Old 1st January 2015, 08:27 PM
Far away Initiate

Back from grandma's house, happy new year guys!

So, for the concert. From Duty to End Roll, it was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. I'm still getting goosebumps with her voice, this gotta be her best vocals in a long time. Even if i think Duty's original arrangement is perfect, this one was very well done. GAME's perfomance was amazing and her voice on my name's WOMEN was so good she even hit the right notes on most of it. Really happy until this point.

Now, we get to the second part. I didn't like her last single, none of the songs really stood out for me and i think they never will. I hate her cutesy voice on Zutto..., but her singing on that moon was really beautiful. No coments on Last minute, don't like the music and the perfomance was just a Memorial address (from AT10) part 2. Walk is the worst of them, but she almost drowning in tears really gave a special touch to it. </3

forgiveness came in, really beautiful perfomance and her vocals were on point, again. progress she gave us her cutesy voice again on some parts, this was enough to make me not fully enjoy it.

Now, the big let down: SURREAL~evolution~SURREAL. I couldn't wait anymore to watch them, but as soon as SURREAL's intro started to play, i knew something was wrong. It was a little different, less-epical than the original, Yo-chan's guitar bridge was replaced with a violin one, just... what? .-. and again, that DAMN cutesy voice, like... really?! If i wanted to hear a child sing, i'd go for AKB48 -_-. The same thing for evolution, different arrangement, cutesy voice, and it wasn't even fully perfomed... AGAIN. That made me so sad that i didn't even finish to watch... disappointing.

Well, at least NOW & 4EVA saved it, not as emotional as PSC's, but still very good.

I'm gonna watch the encore later, and i'm seriously hoping for no more cutesy voice.

Tags
浜崎 あゆみ, 浜崎あゆみ, cirque de minuit, countdown live 2014-2015