[ARASHI] the トビラ is open to Arashi 17th thread ! - Page 15 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Music Forums > Asian Music Chat > Artists & Bands

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 7th March 2009, 06:00 AM
LIKE A CRYSTAL H-Initiate

yeah I agree with what you mentioned Eirynne , it's the amount of extensive promo that the guys be it individually or on whole as a group has done & it didn't hit a peak until last year if you realise

Quote:
i think KANJANI8's the only JE group that doesn't rely on heavy promotional tie-ins and yet they sell as much as NEWS now.
actually Musekinin Hero already outsold practically all of NEWS's singles that they put out last year so hats off to Eito

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

My JPop Blog | My Twitter | BRZ Thread 47 | BRZ LiveJournal | BRZ Official Site

Old 7th March 2009, 06:20 AM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenPang View Post
what no way Sarawak ?! I also have another friend living there too , she stays at Kuching , how about for your case ?
Me too! I'm living in Kuching as well. ^^

===

And about Arashi's growing popularity - I think that they just managed to be really really popular because the members have been in various big projects for the past few years. And I have to say, thanks to Matsujun starring in Hana Yori Dango, Arashi's become more well known for their music and other work. They deserve their 'big break' for their hard work over the past years....

~Lovely set by Mary-Tina~

Old 7th March 2009, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arisu_1love View Post

===

And about Arashi's growing popularity - I think that they just managed to be really really popular because the members have been in various big projects for the past few years. And I have to say, thanks to Matsujun starring in Hana Yori Dango, Arashi's become more well known for their music and other work. They deserve their 'big break' for their hard work over the past years....
oh wow such a small world Alice

& yeah I guess you can say that HYD kinda played a part in pushing their popularity up especially from the 2nd season onwards

the 1st season was a stepping stone , single sales wise but after Love so sweet onwards , they were given a big boost in popularity

there was a gap period sales wise from We can make it ! to Happiness but after Step and Go , it's

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

Old 7th March 2009, 09:36 AM
walking proud Initiate

Quote:

===

I think Hana Yori Dango and to a lesser extent Letters from Iwo Jima is what got more non fans interested in Arashi beginning in 2005. Those were the door openers and then what made them stay I believe is people realized through their variety shows what great personalities they have and they've kept coming back for that ever since. Lets hope it continues on and grows even more!
Old 7th March 2009, 11:39 AM
Initiate

^Gosh, you can't be more right about that. It's not only their music we love and it doesn't matter how handsome they look - it's their personalities that got non fans to become fans of Arashi. Where else can you find idols who do embarassing things like put stockings over their heads and wear nipple revealing shirts?

Old 7th March 2009, 11:42 AM
walking proud Initiate

^ lol. What episode was THAT?
Old 7th March 2009, 11:56 AM
Initiate

Well their nipple shirts and stocking date back to, I don't know, 2006? Some examples would be episode 30 of G no Arashi, or Arashi no Shukudaikun episode 74.

Old 7th March 2009, 01:15 PM
no more words Initiate

1st day sales: 214,618
2nd day sales: 135,103
3rd day sales: 51,063
4th day sales: 27, 343

Total sales: 428, 127
Old 7th March 2009, 01:43 PM
SAKURA Initiate

nipple shirts and stockings on heads is from G no Arashi! they do it as a part of aiba's dice game in some G no Arashi specials, lol. god, its just too hilarious! i recently watched an episode of D no Arashi and jun wasn't there because he had a drama shooting, so instead they used a carboard cutout of him, LOL. IT'S SO CUTE! he has the best smile ever. at the end, he comes back and gets pissed at ohno because he lost points (or "ninomiyas") from the show. i gotta take caps of carboard jun later, it's beyond hilarious.

anyway, i totally agree with your post, SunshineSlayer.

so have the sales outsold truth/KnMe's sales yet? either way, it's higher than i ever expected, so that's amazing. hopefully yatterman will help sales.

Lisa on social media @ twitter & tumblr!

Old 7th March 2009, 02:35 PM

lmao I always love those antics they pulled in Arashi no Shukundai-kun or in Himitsu , you can trust them to come up with weird stuff like cosplaying (Sakurai in that french maid outfit is still a CLASSIC )

& Lisa , truth / Kaze no Mukou e's 1st week sales was 467,288 . They still have 2 more Oricon day sales before 1st week's finished

I do hope Believe / KNK can be on par if not suppress truth / KnMe slightly since its current total tally's 428,127

but it doesn't matter , it's already the top selling single for the year , be it 1st week or for overall

Last edited by KarenPang; 7th March 2009 at 02:37 PM.
Old 7th March 2009, 03:09 PM
ayu trance Initiate

jsyk, i wasn't saying that Arashi would pass KAT-TUN next week. and the whole number one deal doesn't matter much to me. it's just that i think it'd be pretty amazing. i never said it would or was going to happen. and well duh, any artist can do well w/ the right promotion. it's not just arashi or JE. the tie-ins or promotions don't mean anything, NEWS have gotten tie-ins with Kurosagi which was a pretty big drama, yet their sales have never been spectacular. i wouldn't say Arashi has more face value than others at all.

but yeah, HYD was definitely something big for Arashi. It didn't KINDA help them out, it really did. it was a good thing Matsujun decided to take that role because it really picked things up for them again~ and the thing i love about it was that with HYD it wasn't instant success for them, it grew gradually and gradually until today. i love that. and it hasn't only helped their single sales, their album sales have picked up too! although D"A"L didn't sell too much over Time, it was their second best selling album!

i'm just glad people like them for their music, acting talent, looks and personalities b/c i feel they have the best ones. they're probably the easiest group to get into, i think.
Old 7th March 2009, 03:19 PM

talking about HYD Kaori , I do know for a fact that MatsuJun didn't want to take the role of Domoyoji provided if the staff gave the role of Hanazawa Rui to Shun Oguri which's cool & MatsuJun wanted to play Hanazawa in which thankfully that didn't happened because he portrayed Domoyoji extremely well

& I said a few posts ago in that the 1st HYD season was a stepping stone for them but thankfully the 2nd & HYD Final did even better than the precessor which's great

Quote:
i'm just glad people like them for their music, acting talent, looks and personalities b/c i feel they have the best ones. they're probably the easiest group to get into, i think
I have to agree with you on this because they're not like KAT-TUN (where everyone's probably too cool for their own liking on 1st impression) , ARASHI on whole , they seem very friendly/easy to get along on 1st impression (well to me I mean)

Old 7th March 2009, 03:24 PM
Initiate

^ the commoner's idol charm, right? Their fans can relate to them in a way. Plus one good point is their relationship with each other. The fact that they weren't really close at first is a good thing, it shows that they really put effort to get along with each other - which I think should be the case in any relationship.

Old 7th March 2009, 03:29 PM

Quote:
^ the commoner's idol charm, right? Their fans can relate to them in a way. Plus one good point is their relationship with each other. The fact that they weren't really close at first is a good thing, it shows that they really put effort to get along with each other - which I think should be the case in any relationship.
that's right Alice & the fact that you see Ohno in Mago Mago ARASHI taking care of the old folks among other things , it kinda show them that they're still normal at the end of the day despite their idol status

well NEWS & KAT-TUN couldn't get along in the beginning of their formation just like ARASHI

but unlike the 2 groups I mentioned , at least for ARASHI's case , I can see a bond onscreen/offscreen when they appear together on TV or not . There's a sense of belonging going on in them if you know what I mean

Old 7th March 2009, 03:30 PM
ayu trance Initiate

plus its easier to get to know them as a group. whereas other groups do too many things separately and only show up as a group for performances. seeing a group acting as a group and caring and loving one another lets the fan easily fall into the same thing, y'know? i don't think it's easy to get into a group where one or two members are the prime focus, but one where everyone shares the spotlight pretty evenly is better. that's what i will forever love about Arashi.
Old 7th March 2009, 03:33 PM

yeah that's also another strength of theirs in that each of them are equally popular in his own right which you don't often see that happening to other bands , be it boy or girlbands & that's a rarity

Old 7th March 2009, 03:33 PM
SAKURA Initiate

your all bringing up such amazing points, it makes me wanna cry

call me dumb, but arashi really didn't get along with each other in the beginning? it's so hard to believe because their all such dorks, lol.

Lisa on social media @ twitter & tumblr!

Old 7th March 2009, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beauty4123 View Post
your all bringing up such amazing points, it makes me wanna cry

call me dumb, but arashi really didn't get along with each other in the beginning? it's so hard to believe because their all such dorks, lol.
Lisa & yes everyone was so reductant to debut at the beginning of the group , they even said so themselves in HEYx3 5 years ago in which I saw the clip of it myself

I was scratching my head when everyone all said that but luckily all of them stuck together & ta dah

Old 7th March 2009, 03:50 PM
ayu trance Initiate

they talked about it on SCP too. I can't remember everything, but they definitely didn't really get along. Sho and Nino (?) even wanted to quit JE, but then they were told they were gonna debut. lol
Old 7th March 2009, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ka♡ri. View Post
they talked about it on SCP too. I can't remember everything, but they definitely didn't really get along. Sho and Nino (?) even wanted to quit JE, but then they were told they were gonna debut. lol
Sakurai & Nino were the ones who wanted to quit & that goes for Ohno too

I still can't believe that Aiba joined Johnny & Associates because he wanted to play basketball with SMAP -_-'''

Closed Thread

Tags
arashi, boybands