[Ken Hirai] The 6th thread - Ken's Bar 2021 -ONLINE- DVD/Blu-ray (11.05.22) - Page 6 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Music Forums > Asian Music Chat > Artists & Bands

Notices

Old 22nd October 2018, 09:06 AM
LIKE A CRYSTAL H-Initiate

M-ON! TV tonight & tomorrow morning will broadcast half of me full PV !

10/22(月)

[MV]

君のうた -short ver.- / 嵐
晴々 / コブクロ
half of me / 平井堅

http://www.m-on.jp/program/detail/sakidori/

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

My JPop Blog | My Twitter | BRZ Thread 47 | BRZ LiveJournal | BRZ Official Site

Old 23rd October 2018, 06:23 AM

Ken’s Bar 20th Anniversary Special!! Premium Live in NY .ts has been uploaded !

Spoiler:

https://jpfiles.eu/japanese/japanese...ve-2018-10-21/

Psyched to watch it after I have the .ts downsized to .mp4 woo

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

Old 23rd October 2018, 01:30 PM

Ken appeared/performed in today's live broadcast of Utacon

Taken outside Ken's dressing room today

https://twitter.com/ariolajapan/stat...94414885380096

Ken sung even if + half of me

Old 23rd October 2018, 04:16 PM

I skimmed through Ken's Bar 20th Anniversary Special!! Vol.2 that WOWOW aired last Sun & the good news is that they didn't cut any songs from 28th Aug's setlist ie.

Act 1

1) Theme From New York, New York (Frank Sinatra)
2) Mahoutte Itte Ii Kana?
3) FAITH (George Michael)
4) LADYNAPPER
5) Request corner - wonderful world
6) why
7) Hitomi wo Tojite
8) Shiranai ne Desho?

Act 2

9) I wanna be loved by you (Marilyn Monroe)
10) Elegy
11) Request corner - POP STAR
12) One Love Wonderful World
13) Soredemo Shitai
14) Sekai de Ichiban Kimi ga Suki?
15) KISS OF LIFE
16) Non Fiction

Encore

17) even if
18) Half of Me

However , WOWOW only aired brief snippets of 3 fans' interviews regarding their thoughts on Ken & the 3 fans were a female + 2 guys

I don't know if either 1 of the 2 male fans could be AJFmzk though

That brief fans' interview segment was aired after Ken sung Shiranai ne Desho?

I have not watched Ken's Bar 20th Anniversary Special!! Vol.2 in full yet but from what I've briefly saw , the live rendition of Elegy looks amazing & more darker + emo with Ken solely backed up by a cellist

Last edited by KarenPang; 24th October 2018 at 08:19 AM.
Old 23rd October 2018, 11:30 PM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenPang View Post
I skimmed through Ken's Bar 20th Anniversary Special!! Vol.2 that WOWOW aired last Sun & the good news is that they didn't cut any songs from 28th Aug's setlist ie.

1) Theme From New York, New York (Frank Sinatra)
2) Mahoutte Itte Ii Kana?
3) FAITH (George Michael)
4) LADY NAPPER
5) Request corner - wonderful world
6) why
7) Hitomi wo Tojite
8) Shiranai ne Desho?
9) I wanna be loved by you (Marilyn Monroe)
10) Elegy
11) Request corner - POP STAR
12) One Love Wonderful World
13) Soredemo Shitai
14) Sekai de Ichiban Kimi ga Suki?
15) KISS OF LIFE
16) Non Fiction

Encore

17) even if
18) Half of Me

However , WOWOW only aired brief snippets of 3 fans' interviews regarding their thoughts on Ken & the 3 fans were a female + 2 guys

I don't know if either 1 of the 2 male fans could be AJFmzk though

That brief fans' interview segment was aired after Ken sung Shiranai ne Desho?

I have not watched Ken's Bar 20th Anniversary Special!! Vol.2 in full yet but from what I've briefly saw , the live rendition of Elegy looks amazing & more darker + emo with Ken solely backed up by a cellist
I just scrolled through the video quickly. They did not use my interview, unfortunately. I actually said in my interview that seeing elegy like that was incredible. I am in a whole bunch of shots though.

Last edited by AJFmzk; 25th October 2018 at 05:40 AM.
Old 24th October 2018, 04:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJFmzk View Post
I just scrolled through the video quickly. They did not use my interview, unfortunately. I actually said in my interview that seeing elegy like that was incredible. I am in a whole bunch of shots though.
Aww what a shame D:

But yeah I agree with you , the beginning of the clip where Ken was able to walk into Sony Hall so freely without being mobbed , he will not be able to do that so openly in Japan

Likewise when he came out from the back door when he was singing Marilyn Monroe's I wanna be loved by you too

The way Ken introduced himself briefly in English was great

Last edited by KarenPang; 25th October 2018 at 05:52 AM.
Old 24th October 2018, 04:59 AM
Initiate

^yeah it was amazing. I was actually the only one there when Ken arrived to the venue. I was too shy to say anything so I just watched him walk into the building. The crowd/line outside came after, I was actually the first person to arrive there lol. The guard/venue employee guy actually recognized me from the first show and we had a bit of a conversation about it while I was waiting for other people to show up. The shot of him walking into the building was staged, he came out after sound check and they just filmed him walking into the building. I'm a bit disappointed about the interview thing but I'm actually surprised how many shots I'm in to be honest.

His English introduction was hilarious, and he kept making jokes in Japanese as well, so I was laughing a lot. Some of his Japanese jokes I understood, some not.

Last edited by AJFmzk; 25th October 2018 at 04:30 AM.
Old 24th October 2018, 07:57 AM

^ I will keep my eyes on the look out for you when I watch Ken's Bar 20th Anniversary Special!! Vol.2 , haha

And oh I didn't realised the part of Ken walking inside Sony Hall it was staged . Then again not really cos it somewhat didn't looked natural to me

Also I want to add that I find it interesting that the setlist has quite a few very old album tracks songs . wonderful world & LADYNAPPER are THE CHANGING SAME album tracks while Sekai de Ichiban Kimi ga Suki? is a LIFE is... album track

I guess the lady who requested Ken to sing wonderful world has been a very long time Ken fan since THE CHANGING SAME was released way back in 2000 @_@

===

Last week's Buzz Rhythm 02 episode that featured Ken

https://jpfiles.eu/japanese/japanese...02-2018-10-20/

Last edited by KarenPang; 24th October 2018 at 08:59 AM.
Old 24th October 2018, 02:38 PM

half of me covers

CD

CD + DVD

https://twitter.com/SonyMusicShop/st...64160839278593

lol

I'm currently watching Ken's Bar 20th Anniversary Special!! Vol.2 & I have a rough idea how AJFmzk looks like in the crowd but I don't know if my hunch is right or wrong haha

Old 24th October 2018, 03:04 PM
rainy day Initiate

Quote:
Ken’s Bar 20th Anniversary Special!! Premium Live in NY .ts has been uploaded !

Spoiler:

https://jpfiles.eu/japanese/japanese...ve-2018-10-21/

Psyched to watch it after I have the .ts downsized to .mp4 woo
Hey Karen can I trouble you to upload the mp4 version?
Old 24th October 2018, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiarongisme View Post
Hey Karen can I trouble you to upload the mp4 version?
I have sent you a PM with the link for the downsized Ken's Bar 20th Anniversary Special!! Vol.2 .mp4 file

Ken was real startled when the female fan Yoko requested wonderful world cos it's a super duper old song

And I don't blame Ken + his backup guitarist had to look through notes before they did wonderful world together onstage

Old 24th October 2018, 04:55 PM
rainy day Initiate

Got it! Pretty excited to watch it. Any other Ken concerts you'd recommend?
Old 24th October 2018, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiarongisme View Post
Got it! Pretty excited to watch it. Any other Ken concerts you'd recommend?
Last Dec's Ken’s Bar 2017 X’mas Special !! is pretty good as well where Ken opened the concert with his cover of Austin Mahone's Dirty Work , haha

That and also Ken's rendition of Namie's WANT ME, WANT ME was & is still super funny to watch

Old 25th October 2018, 04:06 AM
Initiate

Quote:
half of me covers

CD

CD + DVD

https://twitter.com/SonyMusicShop/st...64160839278593

lol

I'm currently watching Ken's Bar 20th Anniversary Special!! Vol.2 & I have a rough idea how AJFmzk looks like in the crowd but I don't know if my hunch is right or wrong haha
Haha I've said too much! I don't know if I'd even be comfortable to confirm or deny. I prefer being somewhat anonymous, and I don't usually like drawing attention to myself unless I'm performing on stage or deliberately trying for attention. :p But I did send some screenshots to my friends and they were able to spot me.

And yeah, I'm not not super familiar with The Changing same, so I didn't recognize ladynapper or wonderful world, but I recognized most of the setlist.

Last edited by AJFmzk; 25th October 2018 at 05:17 AM.
Old 25th October 2018, 05:57 AM

I just watched finished Ken's Bar 20th Anniversary Special!! Vol.2 & it was really good which's no surprises coming from Ken

I like the way Ken introduced some of the songs before he sung during the concert xD

Like before Ken sung Mahoutte Itte Ii Kana? , he said the English translated title of the song ie. Can I say it's magic? while before he sang Shiranai ne Desho? , Ken said in English 'Do you know who I'm?' ,

I think the performance that stood out to me the most is no doubt Elegy . Watching Ken sing it while being only backed up by a cellist , that gave me chills especially towards the last part of the song

Also I didn't expect Non Fiction was written in memory of Ken's late friend & it's so sad given the circumstances of his late friend's death =(

So besides Non Fiction , Ken previously wrote songs for his closed loved ones , like PAUL was in memory of his late dog while Shashin was written for his late dad

Lastly Ken didn't mention what was the last song in the concert (which everyone all know what's the song title by now) but it was so awesome to see him sing acapella in the 1st 1/2 of the song before his backup pianist stepped in to back him up for the 2nd 1/2 of the track towards the end of the concert

Last edited by KarenPang; 25th October 2018 at 09:24 AM.
Old 25th October 2018, 06:03 AM
Initiate

Quote:
I just watched finished Ken's Bar 20th Anniversary Special!! Vol.2 & it was really good which's no surprises coming from Ken

I like the way Ken introduced some of the songs before he sung during the concert xD

Like before Ken sung Mahoutte Itte Ii Kana? , he said the English translated title of the song ie. Can I say it's magic? while before he sang Shiranai ne Desho? , Ken said in English 'Do you know who I'm?' ,

I think the performance that stood out to me the most is no doubt Elegy . Watching Ken sing it while being only backed up by a cellist , that gave me chills especially towards the last part of the song

Also I didn't expect Non Fiction was written in memory of Ken's late friend & it's so sad given the circumstances of his late friend's death =(

So besides Non Fiction , Ken previously wrote songs for his closed loved ones , like PAUL was in memory of his late dog while Sentimental was written for his late dad

Lastly Ken didn't mention what was the last song in the concert (which everyone all know what's the song title by now) but it was so awesome to see him sing acapella in almost 1/2 of the song before his backup pianist step him to back him for the 2nd 1/2 of the track
His English introductions were actually really helpful. I managed to understand a good amount of what was said in Japanese but I'm not fluent so I missed things. I also didn't know the meaning behind non fiction and it made it hit harder with more meaning. Elegy really was incredible. He should release it as a live track on a cd...maybe as a bonus track on half of me. this show definitely had some amazing arrangements and Acapella

Last edited by AJFmzk; 25th October 2018 at 06:05 AM.
Old 25th October 2018, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJFmzk View Post
His English introductions were actually really helpful. I managed to understand a good amount of what was said in Japanese but I'm not fluent so I missed things. I also didn't know the meaning behind non fiction and it made it hit harder with more meaning. Elegy really was incredible. He should release it as a live track on a cd...maybe as a bonus track on half of me. this show definitely had some amazing arrangements and Acapella
It's strange that when Ken explained Non Fiction in English , it was the only time that WOWOW included the Japanese translated text on the video unlike the other times when Ken briefly spoke in English during the concert :O

Elegy all the while always has been 1 of Ken's best songs cos at that time when he released it way back in 2007 , it was 1 of his more darker emo singles but watching him perform in Ken's Bar 20th Anniversary Special!! Vol.2 was bone chilling in a good way

If you want an audio rip for Ken's Bar 20th Anniversary Special!! Vol.2 , I can do that & send it to you via PM

Old 26th October 2018, 04:02 AM

JpopAsia uploaded a low quality streaming regarding half of me full PV

https://www.jpopasia.com/kenhirai/vi...43/half-of-me/

I have the high quality file for the PV as I downsized the .ts to .mp4 so if anyone wants the file , just PM me for the download link

Old 26th October 2018, 10:29 AM

Ken will appear on next Fri's live broadcast of MUSIC STATION and he will perform 2 songs - LAKuEN + half of me

2018年11月2日(金)20:00~20:54

<出演者および披露曲>

・藍井エイル「アイリス」
・NMB48「365日の紙飛行機」「僕だって泣いちゃうよ」
・Kis-My-Ft2「君、僕。」
・GENERATIONS from EXILE TRIBE「少年」
・高嶋ちさ子「Live And Let Die(007 死ぬのは奴らだ)」
・DA PUMP「if...」「U.S.A.」
・平井堅「half of me」「楽園」

https://natalie.mu/music/news/305415

Psyched & yay for LAKuEN

Old 26th October 2018, 05:24 PM

Ken has contributed his vocals to a Yano Akiko collaboration album titled Futari Botchi de Ikou

Futari Botchi de Ikou will be released on 28th Nov . For Ken , he will be singing Smile together with Yano Akiko in the collaboration album

01. When We're In Space / 矢野顕子&Reed and Caroline
02. パール / 矢野顕子&吉井和哉
03. バナナが好き / 矢野顕子&YUKI
04. 父 / 矢野顕子&奥田民生
05. 大人はE / 矢野顕子&松崎ナオ(鹿の一族)
06. 横顔 / 矢野顕子&大貫妙子
07. Rose Garden / 矢野顕子&上妻宏光
08. ただいまの歌 ~ふたりぼっちで行こうver.~ / 矢野顕子&U-zhaan×環ROY×鎮座DOPENESS
09. Smile / 矢野顕子&平井堅
10. あなたとわたし / 矢野顕子&前川清
11. やさぐれLOVE♥ / 矢野顕子&細美武士

https://natalie.mu/music/news/305327