RAINBOW PV - er...no offense, but... - Page 4 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Enquiries

Notices

Old 10th November 2005, 08:28 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corybobory
How can self love be gay?
exactly. self love would either be narcissistic, vain or crazy..
Does the Director Notes in Avex say anything about that picture?
Old 10th November 2005, 05:16 PM
talkin' 2 myself Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corybobory
How can self love be gay?
good point!

I just want to forget it all, without even saying "goodbye."
『Last minute』

Old 11th November 2005, 12:47 PM
Will Initiate

well, yourself is the "same" sex as yours ^^
Old 11th November 2005, 03:02 PM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisKay
if she was talking about her past, shouldn't she just use a child form to represent her past?
well two "SAME" ayu couldn't represent the past and the present ayu....not if we understand the lyrics....we have to check out the translation to understand that she's talking about her past and present...well, she should know that she's hitting on international world, where not everyone can't understand the song, yet the PV is there to help us understand the lyrics...and common people usually come up with the them "lesbian"...well, who knows?

if ayu use a child to represent the past ayu.. i think i will be too common..
as ayu always come out with some special ideas.. and it make her soo speacial. thats the reason i love her so much..

~ I believe everything happened for a reason ~

http://whiteroyle.blogspot.com

Old 11th November 2005, 04:52 PM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

yeah I agree I don't think they should've used a child... too cliche... I liked Ayu's mirror image idea

..::|Do no evil|::..

Old 11th November 2005, 04:54 PM
Beyond the Sea

I'm pretty sure if the song was called "Starflower" no one would make a connection with homosexuality (Or at least not as fast as some people did). It's just the stereotype that the word Rainbow has to carry around with it.

Alot of people in this thread are just trying to make Ayu seem gay for their own reasons. Shes not gay, and you have no proof that she is. Alot of the fans say "zomg ayu and madonna twin sistaz 4lyfe" but Madonna has a big gay crowd and "suggestive" videos like this, why isn't she gay too??

You should all be serious about this, because if you actually TRUELY DEEP DOWN INSIDE think that Ayu is gay, then I dunno what pv's you've been watching~!

Last edited by Beyond the Sea; 11th November 2005 at 04:59 PM.
Old 11th November 2005, 05:40 PM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

no, no one said ayu's IS gay. people misunderstood and got all offended by thinking that this thread meant that some people thought Ayu was gay.

ChrisKay just asked if the PV had anything to do with possibly homsexual undertones in it. Someone explained the real meaning behind the PV

what really irks me is that apparently the PV can only have ONE meaning. And if other people can find possible other meanings then they are wrong. We all know the real meaning for the PV. None of us are saying ayu is gay. But it is kinda annoying when someone comes on here and is like 'oh ayu is not gay, she has a boyfriend, she is straight, blah blah blah' NONE of us know Ayu personally. I for one don't care if Ayu is gay or not, doesn't change her music whether she's straight or not. As long as she keeps making great music I don't care.

Some people on here have gotten really worked up about Ayu and gay in the same sentence. Again, it's Ayu's life... who cares? Whatever makes Ayu happy is what she deserves.

Old 11th November 2005, 06:10 PM
Beyond the Sea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yarumi
no, no one said ayu's IS gay. people misunderstood and got all offended by thinking that this thread meant that some people thought Ayu was gay.

ChrisKay just asked if the PV had anything to do with possibly homsexual undertones in it. Someone explained the real meaning behind the PV

what really irks me is that apparently the PV can only have ONE meaning. And if other people can find possible other meanings then they are wrong. We all know the real meaning for the PV. None of us are saying ayu is gay. But it is kinda annoying when someone comes on here and is like 'oh ayu is not gay, she has a boyfriend, she is straight, blah blah blah' NONE of us know Ayu personally. I for one don't care if Ayu is gay or not, doesn't change her music whether she's straight or not. As long as she keeps making great music I don't care.

Some people on here have gotten really worked up about Ayu and gay in the same sentence. Again, it's Ayu's life... who cares? Whatever makes Ayu happy is what she deserves.

You are contradicting yourself.

Quote:
what really irks me is that apparently the PV can only have ONE meaning. And if other people can find possible other meanings then they are wrong. We all know the real meaning for the PV.
If your mad that someone says it has one meeting, why are you going off and saying that well all know the real meaning as if there is one?

Quote:
Earlier in the thread you said this: (3rd page, 7th post, in response to Asongforxx calling Ayu straight)
Quote:
any proof? didn't think so.

edit: And don't say she has a boyfriend. That doesn't mean a thing nowadays
And right now you just said no one is calling her gay??

It's fine for you to have your opinion on what the meaning of a video is, but when the video is
a) mostly clear in its meaning
b) involves Ayu CHASING herself, not falling in love with
C) involves Ayu's OFF SCREEN kiss with her TWIN (in some familys relatives kiss eachother on the lips)

Then you don't really have much evidence to back up your idea, especially when your own socially opinions get in the way of your reasoning THATS when people may begin to get angry.
Old 11th November 2005, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_nerd
Alot of the fans say "zomg ayu and madonna twin sistaz 4lyfe" but Madonna has a big gay crowd and "suggestive" videos like this, why isn't she gay too??
haha, not to get involved in this debate or whatever, but madonna HAS been involved with women in the past. she was involved with sandra bernhard i'm pretty sure...right?

this thread is becoming ridiculous by the way.

『Last minute』

Old 11th November 2005, 09:26 PM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

Quote:
You are contradicting yourself. If your mad that someone says it has one meeting, why are you going off and saying that well all know the real meaning as if there is one?
Nope never said I was mad. Apparently Ayu chad an interview explaining this video in it. But again, the great thing about Ayu's words/pv's is that you can plug real life into it. The song may represent something to Ayu. Why can't it mean something different to someone else?

Quote:
Earlier in the thread you said this: (3rd page, 7th post, in response to Asongforxx calling Ayu straight)

And right now you just said no one is calling her gay??

It's fine for you to have your opinion on what the meaning of a video is, but when the video is
a) mostly clear in its meaning
b) involves Ayu CHASING herself, not falling in love with
C) involves Ayu's OFF SCREEN kiss with her TWIN (in some familys relatives kiss eachother on the lips)

Then you don't really have much evidence to back up your idea, especially when your own socially opinions get in the way of your reasoning THATS when people may begin to get angry.
Uh, you obviously don't read everything, because I've already said that I personally don't believe Ayu meant for it to be about sexuality. but AGAIN everyone lives different lives, different experiences. Its like a poem, the poet wrote it and have their own perseption, but other people have different perseptions and there is no right or wrong way.

And if people get angry in the one someone mirrors this PV to their own life, then there is a block button, and no one makes them post in threads.

As before if you had read all of my post then maybe you would see that I never thought of the Rainbow PV as sexual, but I certainly am not going to bash someone for the way they percieve the video.

I agree with you touched star. It is becoming rediculous. I thought this place was open minded and didn't judge people's opinions? Well can't expect that from every member.

GOSH ChrisKay... you got yourself a golden thread

Old 11th November 2005, 10:39 PM
ourselves Initiate

Quote:
well, yourself is the "same" sex as yours ^^
This is such a stupid thread, no offense, but self love isn't gay XD. I mean I'm gay and I have self love XDXD. Not that self love makes me gay, but whatever, lol!
Old 11th November 2005, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xilirationisfun
This is such a stupid thread, no offense
its getting that way fast, for sure. its just...a pointless thread now.

『Last minute』

Old 12th November 2005, 12:17 AM
Beyond the Sea

To get back on topic, this is how I saw the videos (its meaning that is)

Ayu is always chasing the past, using it to comfort herself (her greater sales during Duty, since after that she didn't sell as high) and when she finally has grasp of it she realizes that the past is past and that she should look to the future (Ayu's smirk at the disappearence of the second Ayu)
Old 12th November 2005, 01:38 AM
Prologue Initiate

Quote:
I just realize that rainbow is somekind of sign/symbol for homosexuals....
hahahaha maybe its becuase i live in san francisco or something, but man that took you a while to get. lots of streets here are lined with rainbow stuff so i guess cant blame you.

now to make an educated comment on the thread topic: lesbians are hot

talk to me if u like

Old 12th November 2005, 02:19 PM
Banned

Everyone loves themselves. Yet not everyone is gay. Think about it.
Old 14th November 2005, 11:58 AM
Will Initiate

well,....hmm...okay, kinda speechless here...anyway, I hope we're not over-debating here....well, I definetely agree that this should mean that every ayu song has been seen differently by every persons so I guess we shouldn't blame anyone for translating ayu's pv/video in many ways.....so I think this thread should end....before anything worst could happen,...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yarumi
GOSH ChrisKay... you got yourself a golden thread
well, I get scared of this thread actually...bcoz ppl start debating (-x-)
Old 18th December 2005, 12:36 PM
End roll Initiate

I know I'm refreshing the topic, but I have one word to say: some of my friends are heterosexuals, and I know that in their communities 'rainbow' is a special sign, which means sb is gay... So, I was wondering, why did Ayu name the song 'rainbow' and make such clip to it... just a haphazard?
Old 18th December 2005, 02:18 PM
BEST Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirika
So, I was wondering, why did Ayu name the song 'rainbow' and make such clip to it... just a haphazard?
she prolly named it RAINBOW because of the line: "no rain, cant get the rainbow"
Old 28th December 2005, 03:11 AM
Curtain call Initiate

read the lyrics of rainbow because u people are getting mad over nothing god just read it to me is that she's speaking to herself to be strong and all of that this song and video are not gay GOSH

Rainbow

la la la...
I hear a gentle voice from somewhere
Which might have always been heard
The warmth found just near to me

I was forgiven by forgiving many things
Including my childhood so long ago
I was healed, though I intended to heal
I've just noticed, in the way
That I was saved by love
Though I tried to keep love away

You come down quietly from somewhere