CCCD - on rainbow - does it work? [how to rip CCCD] - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Enquiries

Notices

Old 7th January 2003, 12:15 PM
Heartplace Initiate

CCCD - on rainbow - does it work?

I read the cover on my CD saying that the CD is a "Copy ProteCted CD" (i think that's where they derived the name CCCD) which is supposed to prohibit copying, and it says that some audio players cannot play back the CD... then I wonder, oh why not, I always keep mp3 format of any of my purchased CDs on my hard drive by ripping them from the CD itself, and so i poped it into the drive and started my ripping program - it rips just like the other CDs so I was wondering, how does this CCCD work? anyone has any idea if it works at all? or it's only protecting a direct CD-to-CD copy? O_o?

...::..:hikki.:.
Old 7th January 2003, 12:24 PM
still alone Initiate

yeah i wonder that to! can someone explained that for me?

Old 7th January 2003, 04:36 PM
independent+ Advisor

It's supposed to be copy protection, but sometimes people can easily copy them, other times they can't. It usually depends on what type of CD drive you have, and what program you use to copy it. As you can see, the technology is not very perfected.
Old 7th January 2003, 05:45 PM
As if.. Initiate

CCCD means Copy Control CD. You can take a look on this article directly to Avex site : http://www.avex.co.jp/e_site/press/2...ess020228.html

It doesn't allow ripping but allows some copy ( like on a minidisc for example )
It prevents u to see the tracks in explorer but in Open MG for Sony Net MD you can see it.
Normally an autorun player start on a PC ...but if you use Media Player or Real one and select ' Play Audio CD ... it works well ...so what's the advantage..

And now I 'm sure that some programs can rip them ...(I know some ppl who have tried ).
For the moment I encoded my CCCD legit album to Open MG only and played them with the Sony player.

Old 7th January 2003, 06:44 PM
Key~eternal tie ver.~ Protector

it only prevents some common players like Windows Media Player and RealPlayer to copy.........I also can rip CCCD wif CDex

---- ----EdenZone---- ----

Old 8th January 2003, 12:13 AM
Wishing Guardian

CCCD protection does not work with CD-RW drives. I can rip and play it just like a regular CD when I use my CD-RW drive.
Old 8th January 2003, 12:23 AM
girlish H-Initiate

I use CDex, but I cannot rip them. I have a CD-RW drive, and a DVD drive, but I can't get them to rip.

What exactly did you do EdenZone, or did it just work automatically for you? Because all I get is a datatrack, and it won't let me rip it.

Ashley
Old 8th January 2003, 12:24 AM
The Judgement Day Guardian

Thanks god the CCCD is not perfect......hope they will never make it "perfect"
Old 8th January 2003, 02:41 AM
End roll Initiate

hey ashley meeh too! for the free and easy single all i can rip was the first song.. and i didnt try other cccd singles/albums.. can any one help me?
Old 8th January 2003, 02:57 AM
LOVE~Destiny~H-Initiate

the EASIEST and most PRIMATIVE but also EFFECTIVE way..is u know when itz a cccd..therez a rim on the back of the cd?? use a black mark to CAREFULLY trace the rim..thus erasing the cccd feature!! easy?? haha

Thanks Omega Prime for the ava!!! And Delirium-Zer0 for reviving it!!
Old 8th January 2003, 03:40 AM
Boys & Girls Initiate

or just do what I do, and get back at the capitalistic pigs running the music industry by just downloading it all off the internet and not paying a cent. sure, the artist gets jipped, but only 7 cents, that they would easily make up for should they hold concerts in the area (bands make most their money off concerts). why would I support an industry that keeps the cost of cds twice the cost of tapes when tapes cost a lot more for the company to make? it makes no sense, just greed. so I just take what I want- I'd love to see any government agent come up with a legit reason to see my computer lol

Thanks to Biscuitgirl for the sig
Old 8th January 2003, 03:48 AM
LOVE~Destiny~H-Initiate

talkin 'bout tapes...where does md's go????

Thanks Omega Prime for the ava!!! And Delirium-Zer0 for reviving it!!
Old 8th January 2003, 04:45 AM
SCAR Initiate

I tried H Single (CCCD Protected) and Easy CD Creator 5 ripped it like any normal CD. However, when I tried RAINBOW, it took forever. This CD protection definetly isn't as good as they say it is.
Old 8th January 2003, 05:50 AM
End roll Initiate

Quote:
Originally posted by mimika
the EASIEST and most PRIMATIVE but also EFFECTIVE way..is u know when itz a cccd..therez a rim on the back of the cd?? use a black mark to CAREFULLY trace the rim..thus erasing the cccd feature!! easy?? haha

eek!
that sounds really dangerous to be doing that to a 27 dollar cd! what if I mess up? does it ruin the entire cd? because I'd love to have my own personal mp3s so that I can just turn on the computer and not have to find cds all the time.
Old 8th January 2003, 06:45 AM
my name's WOMEN Initiate

Copy Control Cd.. it can be ripped.. but when u listen in winamp.. it will not be perfect...i've tried it b4

Old 8th January 2003, 08:06 AM
Key~eternal tie ver.~ Protector

Quote:
Originally posted by AyuRocks
I use CDex, but I cannot rip them. I have a CD-RW drive, and a DVD drive, but I can't get them to rip.

What exactly did you do EdenZone, or did it just work automatically for you? Because all I get is a datatrack, and it won't let me rip it.

Ashley
My CDex version is 1.5 beta 3....it works fine for me with CCCD

---- ----EdenZone---- ----

Old 8th January 2003, 09:47 PM
independent+ Advisor

Quote:
Originally posted by PinkSock

eek!
that sounds really dangerous to be doing that to a 27 dollar cd! what if I mess up? does it ruin the entire cd? because I'd love to have my own personal mp3s so that I can just turn on the computer and not have to find cds all the time.
You do run the risk of writing over one of the later songs on the album. It's just a risk you have to take (and I would never do that since you can find the MP3s online).

You can go to the download section of the forum and find a topic that is sticky that lets you download all the MP3s from the album.
Old 9th January 2003, 06:01 PM
Gut it-pez Initiate

is there any other way to rip it?
or can anybody give me a link to all of ayumi's album?
i want to dl all her older songs that i didn't have......
Old 12th January 2003, 02:40 AM
Far away Initiate

Quote:
Originally posted by squarenuts
or just do what I do, and get back at the capitalistic pigs running the music industry by just downloading it all off the internet and not paying a cent. sure, the artist gets jipped, but only 7 cents, that they would easily make up for should they hold concerts in the area (bands make most their money off concerts). why would I support an industry that keeps the cost of cds twice the cost of tapes when tapes cost a lot more for the company to make? it makes no sense, just greed. so I just take what I want- I'd love to see any government agent come up with a legit reason to see my computer lol
Quote:
muwhahahah i have lots og albums LOL!!!!!!!!! and thats is one risk im not taking when the cds here in Canada are so expensive

Old 12th January 2003, 02:21 PM
PAPER DOLL Initiate

Ripping with CDex from CCCD CD's is working. And it's very easy. If you choose the drive where the CD is in, CDex should immediately display the tracks whether it is CCCD or not. Well I've tried it with my H single a few minutes ago and it did work.
And about tracing the rim with a black marker, I wouldn't do it even if there was no other way to rip the CD, the CD was just too expensive if I would make a mistake and the CD wouldn't work afterwards I would kill myself .

Thou know'st 'tis common: all that lives must die,
Passing through nature to eternity.