About Ayumi lip-synching - Page 3 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Enquiries

Notices

Old 19th June 2006, 06:00 AM
POWDER SNOW Initiate

all the singers do lipsynching when they're performing on TV shows show its wasn't so surprising to me. but i would love to hear Ayu sings live!
Old 19th June 2006, 06:22 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

She sings live, like.. 99.9% of the time, dude.
Old 19th June 2006, 06:28 AM
walking proud Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-TeensFan
all the singers do lipsynching when they're performing on TV shows show its wasn't so surprising to me. but i would love to hear Ayu sings live!
What are you talking about? Almost all the singers on Japanese TV perform live. Lip synching is pretty uncommon. If you are talking about America or Korea, then yes, they lip synch on TV all over the place, but not in Japan.
Old 19th June 2006, 07:06 AM
Born To Be... Initiate

Location: Australia-Brisbane, where kangaroos jump around my backyard
Quote:
Originally Posted by A-TeensFan
holy crap, when i clicked into your profile ure sig is soo big and beautiful!
Old 19th June 2006, 04:22 PM
Banned

What do you expect? This person likes the A-Teens, a band who didn't sing live about 99.99% of the time.
Old 19th June 2006, 09:00 PM
winding road Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qt Mashi
i suspect Ayu lipsynching a couple of times in her concerts, i don't think that Audience performance should be counted as lipsynching she did sing the verses without the backup

the backup was put on for the chorus and during the end

i think iknow who your talking about, is he the guy with a buc mic? and i think glasses?

yeah he also says "Voyage" as "Boyage"
yea, with some kinda weird frenchy accent....or something...
Old 19th June 2006, 09:14 PM
talkin' 2 myself Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by truehappiness
Greatful Days is a song that, in my opinion, is tailored to Ayu's voice. xD There's no real strain when singing it so it sounds good..ish when she sings it~ :p

Yay XD And it looks like she sang it. :p
But even if the song is easy to sing, Ayu don't sing it like the real version. Examples, she changes the "la-la-la"s part, screams a little and stuff...

Girls' Generation is .

Old 19th June 2006, 10:17 PM
walking proud Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by asongforXX
But even if the song is easy to sing, Ayu don't sing it like the real version. Examples, she changes the "la-la-la"s part, screams a little and stuff...
Like I said though, it's possible that she did actually sing it live but that it was dubbed before the dvd release.
Old 19th June 2006, 10:23 PM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

I'm sure that if you rewatch the A MUSEUM concert, you'll find that she is indeed singing. :p

[/watched it today]
Old 20th June 2006, 03:15 AM
walking proud Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by truehappiness
I'm sure that if you rewatch the A MUSEUM concert, you'll find that she is indeed singing. :p

[/watched it today]
Well, there is a way to solve this. Someone needs to go watch the TV version of the A-Museum concert - I've got it on a disc somewhere..... It should sound different than the DVD because it was filmed on a different night of the tour.
Old 21st June 2006, 03:27 PM
MY ALL Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by sora2522
yea, with some kinda weird frenchy accent....or something...
They're from Sweden, just like the original Abba . (A-teens = Abba teens)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineSlayer
Well, there is a way to solve this. Someone needs to go watch the TV version of the A-Museum concert - I've got it on a disc somewhere..... It should sound different than the DVD because it was filmed on a different night of the tour.
I don't think I got it, maybe you could share it some time in the future?

martinstark.net - ayuready? episodes - facebook - twitter
Old 21st June 2006, 03:44 PM
Don't look back Initiate

i heard she lip-synch during CDL 0506 during theme...but on the DVD...doesnt sound like it...it sounded too nice..hehe

and LOL..that AUDIENCE live...that was pretty obvious and she was fast to realize...haha...i think the audience were too into the whole thing....i like that live

Last edited by freedreamer; 21st June 2006 at 03:48 PM.
Old 21st June 2006, 04:08 PM
BEST Initiate

People need to remember that artists also create "tour tracks." That is, they go into a studio and re-record a song to match with their current vocals. They then fix major flaws, but do not edit it as much as a CD version. This track is then played and the artist lipsynchs to it. I remember some interview with Morning Musume where they said they had just gone into the studio to record their tour tracks.

Ayu lipsynching example: CDL 02-03 (I think...it's the one where she's sick). Her voice is hoarse from illness throughout most of it, but then evolution and audience (i think) come along and she's crystal clear and perfect...no way that's live at all.
Old 21st June 2006, 05:51 PM
MY ALL Initiate

^It is live.

Uhh, sorry, no argumentation from my side, I simply think it is after viewing them a few times.

Old 21st June 2006, 08:23 PM
walking proud Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by voltron
People need to remember that artists also create "tour tracks." That is, they go into a studio and re-record a song to match with their current vocals. They then fix major flaws, but do not edit it as much as a CD version. This track is then played and the artist lipsynchs to it. I remember some interview with Morning Musume where they said they had just gone into the studio to record their tour tracks.
I don't think that is correct. I've seen MM 3 times in a row. (they perform twice a day) and their vocals were clearly different each time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by voltron

Ayu lipsynching example: CDL 02-03 (I think...it's the one where she's sick). Her voice is hoarse from illness throughout most of it, but then evolution and audience (i think) come along and she's crystal clear and perfect...no way that's live at all.
Once again, that is Avex dubbing it before the DVD release. If you have seen the TV version, she was clearly singing live.
Old 21st June 2006, 09:55 PM
winding road Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by immel
They're from Sweden, just like the original Abba . (A-teens = Abba teens)
i was talking about the weid japanese announcer who announces ayu's songs weird...like in the performance of voyage where she forgets the lyrics...not a-teens..
Old 21st June 2006, 10:55 PM
MY ALL Initiate

Ah, silly me .

Old 25th June 2006, 07:31 AM
appears Initiate

She obviously lipsynch but it's not like they'll put her lipsynch performance on her DVD or on a concert broadcasted on TV or on a musical TV show. But she probably does and there's a backtape, we can hear it during COUNTDOWN 2005-2006.

And even in concert, it's not that easy to realize if she's lipsynching because some artists have big differences when they're singing live and not (I.E. Britney Spears) but others don't have such a big difference, usually (I.E. Ayu).

Last edited by andre2907; 25th June 2006 at 07:39 AM.
Old 25th June 2006, 09:41 AM
walking proud Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by andre2907
She obviously lipsynch but it's not like they'll put her lipsynch performance on her DVD or on a concert broadcasted on TV or on a musical TV show. But she probably does and there's a backtape, we can hear it during COUNTDOWN 2005-2006.

And even in concert, it's not that easy to realize if she's lipsynching because some artists have big differences when they're singing live and not (I.E. Britney Spears) but others don't have such a big difference, usually (I.E. Ayu).
Obviously? Uh no. I can count maybe 5 instances where she has lipsynched and almost never for a whole song.

So you are basically saying that she lip synchs in every concert except for the one that is released on DVD? It's the DVD concerts that are sometimes edited by Avex to make Ayu sound better than she actually did. (compare any dvd concert to the same concert that was aired on tv) It is CLEAR that she does not lip synch on those tv concerts - the only questionable one is theme of a nation at CDL 05-06. And it's also clear the 4 times I saw her live that she did not lip synch(yes, you can tell the difference live.) And how does having a back tape count as lip synching? When she does use one, it is usually just for specific parts of songs and she is still singing live over it the whole time.
Old 25th June 2006, 09:50 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

andre, you should really go to Japan and actually like.. see Ayu live. XD

Then you can say that she's lipsynched. Until then however, you can't really say anything like that..

[sometimes yeah.. like at the very end of HAPPY ENDING at AT05..]