New album 'Party Queen' out 03/21 information thread [X] - Page 8 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 20th March 2012, 10:35 AM
ayu trance Initiate

My copy has reached Memphis, TN so I should get it in a few hours today. So excited!
Old 20th March 2012, 10:58 AM
ayu-mi-x II Initiate

1 36,765 『2012』 AVT 12/3/21
Acid Black Cherry
2 27,338 Party Queen AVT 12/3/21
浜崎あゆみ
3 13,710 Another side of #AAABEST AVT 12/3/21
AAA
Old 20th March 2012, 11:00 AM
forgiveness Initiate

^Wow numbers already out? Or is that something else? I have to admit that I'm not too supriced though. ABC have had a killer promotion going on with all his gifts, free stuff and celebrations for his anniversary. Also the album is very solid and good!

[Video] Key ~eternal tie ver.~_______LJ Blog________[Video] A History
[BIG SALE! Ayu CDs/DVDs/Goods/Ayupans and more!]
AHS married to Maro
~13/1-2010~

Spoiler:
We had such a nice time. We started dating in t2m PV, took it slow you know, let our love grow. Then it got really serious in 2008. Then after AT2009 we moved in together. It was lovely. Then on AT2010 he asked me to marry him. He was such a sweet. And Ayu gave us our blessings. She was also such a sweet. Now me and Maro are such a sweets together. Aaaw, how time flies.
Old 20th March 2012, 11:03 AM
ayu-mi-x II Initiate

^yup numbers are out= = hope ayu can reach TOP1 tomorrow
Old 20th March 2012, 11:04 AM
glitter Initiate

gosh this is gonna sell terribly
Old 20th March 2012, 11:22 AM
independent Initiate

man, I was sure it'll do better than JAPONESQE. right now I don't see it doing any better. don't remember JAPONESQE 1st day sales though.

P.S.: cd japan still hasn't shipped my box... what's going on?

Koda Kumi Fan since 2003 * ~ * ~ * ~ * Instagram

Old 20th March 2012, 11:25 AM
Love song H-Initiate

Ayu can't over-sell Acid Black Cherry? o_O
SURREAL H-Initiate

Those are only the numbers from monday (which is a pre-pre-sale, lol, usually Tuesday is when cd's are released to stores) and it probably doesn't include pre-orders. Tomorrow will most likely have a spike because it will be a combination of Tuesday and Wednesday's sales. Some cd shops weren't even open on Monday.

We can't gauge just yet.

"Remember, don't let others dictate your music taste. If you like whatever you're listening to, keep listening to it."

forgiveness Initiate

I don't remember the first day for JAPONESQUE but the first week was over 93k. I wouldn't compare these two albums though since JAPONESQUE was 19 tracks long, had PV's for all songs and had Kuu's 50th single in it. Big celebration there~ I actually didn't think PQ would sell better than JAPONESQUE but only future will tell.

AHS married to Maro
~13/1-2010~

Spoiler:
We had such a nice time. We started dating in t2m PV, took it slow you know, let our love grow. Then it got really serious in 2008. Then after AT2009 we moved in together. It was lovely. Then on AT2010 he asked me to marry him. He was such a sweet. And Ayu gave us our blessings. She was also such a sweet. Now me and Maro are such a sweets together. Aaaw, how time flies.
Old 20th March 2012, 11:28 AM
Virgin Road Initiate

are you kidding me? there is no way..it's that's low...

Ayumi Hamasaki...Queen of my life...

Old 20th March 2012, 11:32 AM
appears Initiate

Seriously? With that kind of sales, she probably going to be #2!! Come On Ayu!!! Promotion!!!
Old 20th March 2012, 11:37 AM
UNITE! Initiate

I'm sure it will improve. Hey, I see AAA. Good on them. Since I didn't buy the album I have no right to complain.
Old 20th March 2012, 11:43 AM
independent Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissElin_ View Post
I don't remember the first day for JAPONESQUE but the first week was over 93k. I wouldn't compare these two albums though since JAPONESQUE was 19 tracks long, had PV's for all songs and had Kuu's 50th single in it. Big celebration there~ I actually didn't think PQ would sell better than JAPONESQUE but only future will tell.
It should do better 'cause: 1st it had only one single, so U r buying an album with 10 new tracks. 2nd FIVE sold a bit better than Dejavu and it was a mini album with no singles. 3rd JAPONESQUE had 11 new tracks (without singles & interludes) and none of 'em had tie-ins. Well yeah, Brave n Love Technique have got tie-ins after album's release, but they won't make major effect on sales now.
Hopefully 1st week sales will be around 100k.

So it's national holiday in Japan, then I guess my order will not be shipped until tomorrow *disappointed*

Koda Kumi Fan since 2003 * ~ * ~ * ~ * Instagram

Old 20th March 2012, 11:44 AM
ayu-mi-x II Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissElin_ View Post
Kuu had no TV promo for her album though and had to cancel everything because of her pregnancy. I hope that both Ayu and Kuu can rebound in their releases next era.

倖田來未
浜崎あゆみ
中森明菜
松田聖子
鈴木亜美

Old 20th March 2012, 11:53 AM
Don't look back Initiate

wow..#2..what a shock. hope everything will bounce back to normal.

and garh...FIVE coincided with a Singapore holiday, Party Queen coincides with a Japan Holiday...I FEEL CURSED!!! like where in the world is my copy...
Old 20th March 2012, 11:55 AM
forgiveness Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuuXAyu-fan View Post
Kuu had no TV promo for her album though and had to cancel everything because of her pregnancy. I hope that both Ayu and Kuu can rebound in their releases next era.
Yes. this is very true. Well, at least Kuu had performances to cancel. ;P

AHS married to Maro
~13/1-2010~

Spoiler:
Old 20th March 2012, 11:58 AM
No way to say Initiate

it can't be this low

ayumi hamasaki COUNTDOWN LIVE 2012-2013 A ~WAKE UP~. Dec 29/30/31, 2012. Yoyogi National Gymnasium, Tokyo.
ayumi hamasaki 15th Anniversary TOUR ~A BEST LIVE~. Apr 13/14, 2013. Saitama Super Arena, Saitama.
ayumi hamasaki 15th Anniversary TOUR ~A BEST LIVE~. July 27/28, 2013. Yoyogi National Gymnasium, Tokyo.
ayumi hamasaki ARENA TOUR 2016 A ~MADE IN JAPAN~. May 22, 2016. XEBIO Arena, Sendai.
ayumi hamasaki ARENA TOUR 2016 A ~MADE IN JAPAN~. July 18, 2016. Osaka-Jo Hall, Osaka.
ayumi hamasaki COUNTDOWN LIVE 2016-2017 A『Just the beginning -20-』. Dec 29, 2016. Yoyogi National Gymnasium, Tokyo.
ayumi hamasaki 『Just the beginning -20- TOUR 2017』. July 15/17, 2017. Osaka-Jo Hall, Osaka
ayumi hamasaki 『Just the beginning -20- TOUR 2017』. January 9, 2018. ROHM Theatre, Kyoto
Old 20th March 2012, 12:20 PM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokyoxjapanxfan View Post
Those are only the numbers from monday (which is a pre-pre-sale, lol, usually Tuesday is when cd's are released to stores) and it probably doesn't include pre-orders. Tomorrow will most likely have a spike because it will be a combination of Tuesday and Wednesday's sales. Some cd shops weren't even open on Monday.

We can't gauge just yet.
If only people would learn to read the relevant things.

Follow me @njanjayrp

Old 20th March 2012, 12:33 PM
glitter Initiate

I still have this question in my mind. If they really didn't need an album to be released for a tour this year since the tour has already been decided, why the rush? Rushed since there were no singles, only 4 pvs, etc.

AVEX would've made tons of more money if they released 2 or 3 singles before it, adding all the sales of the singles and the album itself. And the album would've had better chances at selling more just for including those singles. Many of the tracks in the album if not all of them (to me anyway) had great potential to become singles.

And I'm not basing myself only in this first day's sales, I'm just saying in general, without even thinking about the numbers we have atm.

It just looks all to me like a big marketing tragedy.

EDIT: And it is obvious they tried to push it all with the DVDs and ****, but we could've waited longer for those DVDs, we waited AGES for AT07's DVD and it ended up being not so great at the end. It's not like the album needed to be dropped now because the concerts' DVDs needed to be released

Last edited by SURREAL__RAINBOW; 20th March 2012 at 01:21 PM.
Old 20th March 2012, 12:57 PM
forgiveness Initiate

I got this sudden thought about the album. It feels like it evolved into something else than what was thought of in the beginning. I'm mainly thinking of the covers here. But she shoot the original covers on a field in London right? Then the news of the divorce came out and media started talking about the reasons on why and ALOT of them took up the SUPER MANNIE photobook as a reason. Then I started to think, since Ayu sings repetitively in the album about "only we will know what happend between us" e.t.c, maybe she changed the covers and theme of the album too to prove people wrong. Because if she really was bothered with SUPER MANNIE maybe she wouldn't have done such a similar shoot herself and put out in public? Now, this is naturally far away from the truth but just a little something I started to think of.

AHS married to Maro
~13/1-2010~

Spoiler:
Closed Thread

Tags
浜崎 あゆみ, 浜崎あゆみ, how beautiful you are, party queen, taskebab