TROUBLE TOUR 2019-2020 A -misunderstood- II - Page 24 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 30th August 2019, 06:55 PM
BEST Initiate

^ SunshineSlayer's experience has been my overall experience of Japan as well. I've seen a huge shift since the first time I was there in 2004 until now (having been there again in 2013, 2015, 2016, and 2018).

The main context being that the youth of the late 90's/early 2000's were the "lost generation" in Japan. The first who really were post-bubble, and trying to normalize life. I think, in general, they were much more outward looking, trying to find their place in society, who they were, and more interested in a global world. The current generation of youth have been born into their own time, and global connectedness is commonplace, and really not that interesting to them - they're much more focused on their little bubble.
Old 30th August 2019, 10:57 PM
NEVER EVER Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by njanjayrp View Post
It could also be that we’ve grown old and now everything new sounds shitty and we can’t appreciate it because it was meant for the younger generations to consume xD
That too

Good thing is that there are always exceptions. But most of it is garbage.
Old 30th August 2019, 11:54 PM
walking proud Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvina View Post
Thank you for uploading, it's indeed pretty interesting for Japanese audiences! Though Idk how much that is only because of X Japan's status in Japan.
Though I'd be a bit careful with generalizing like that in general, cause do you listen and attend so many lives from different peformers that you know how the audiences react?
In general concerts of artists have more fans and are livelier from my experience. E.g. Kuu and Black Pink concerts in Japans always have pretty wild reactions.
I think I have a pretty decent grasp, yeah. And of course, at individual artists own concerts, crowds can be a bit more lively (I would hope so at least!) But yeah, a lot of audiences look pretty dead lol. And at any end of year music show or special etc these last several years, the audiences seem on life support.

Quote:
Not to forget the music market is much more segmented now which is also why reaching such a big status and popularity like X Japan is harder nowadays. Music Station and other music shows e.g. have dwindling ratings, Music Station was just pushed back an hour and it is the only prime time music show remaining.
Definitely agree with this. But I think it's yet another thing that shows that creativity and music in general is just not being as sought after.

Quote:
And about your experience with regression of people expressing themselves in Japan - hm, I was living in Kansai for about a year in 2017 and my experience is a bit different, but Kansai people are usually a bit different anyway and it might not have been long enough.
Yeah, Kansai people are called "hot hearted" for a reason. I lived in Tokyo from 2010-2015 and worked at Japanese public school by day and was a bartender at neighborhood Izakaya by night, then later at an Irish pub; so I feel I really saw quite a large cross-section of people and experiences (as most bartenders do.) I also lived near Hiroshima from 1993-1996. And have visited every year once or twice a year since 2004 to present. And yeah, I do feel that Japan has regressed in terms of expression and emotion and that has reflected itself in the current state of the music industry, but there is no way to really "prove" that. I could go way in depth about how Japan's various societal problems and the rise of "herbivore men" and everything have all converged to facilitate this, but that feels like it would need to become a college essay and seems way too daunting, haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by voltron View Post
^ SunshineSlayer's experience has been my overall experience of Japan as well. I've seen a huge shift since the first time I was there in 2004 until now (having been there again in 2013, 2015, 2016, and 2018).

The main context being that the youth of the late 90's/early 2000's were the "lost generation" in Japan. The first who really were post-bubble, and trying to normalize life. I think, in general, they were much more outward looking, trying to find their place in society, who they were, and more interested in a global world. The current generation of youth have been born into their own time, and global connectedness is commonplace, and really not that interesting to them - they're much more focused on their little bubble.
Thanks for backing me up because it's a really hard thing to pin down, and you hate having to generalize so much.

The post-bubble generation and the bubble generation itself were very outward looking. Some could even argue that the bubble generation were a little too out there, lol. I've seen some old primetime variety shows that flat out had nudity in them with no censor. Can't imagine that ever appearing now on the totally sanitized Japanese tv channels.

Last edited by SunshineSlayer; 31st August 2019 at 12:06 AM.
Old 31st August 2019, 06:27 AM
Crazy 4 U H-Initiate

Oh, overall I agree that Japanese society is more toned-down now. Never doubted you on that.
I just say it's much more delicate than saying it regressed and different aspects need to be looked at differently.
Music shows e.g. just don't have that audience and influence anymore like in the past. So of course people going to those music shows specials and year-end shows would behave in a different way, more expressionless in that instance.
Because of the segmentation and permanent globalization I agree people are more focused on their "bubble". You don't need to go out of it to find what you want (it's easier to find your bubble in the first place), popularity is different than in the past. For music show specials you probably can find more fans of more artists, why they can be quieter as a whole. But it's hard to pin it down in either way.
That's why I don't want say anymore to this, it's complicated enough as it is like every social matter.
And simply liking or not liking cultural products is something different.

「変わらないなら 変えるしかない」

Old 1st September 2019, 09:49 PM
Because of You Initiate

Quote:
^ It certainly doesn’t mean it’s good either. JPOP is predominately trashy. Most of them are just making very generic pop music. In Japan selling music like crazy doesn’t mean you’ve produced something that’s actually good. Heck you don’t even have to know how to sing properly...

Yeah I was talking from my own perspective. The way the EXILE songs sound is too cringe worthy for me. The way they sing, the awful RnB-ish tunes with notions of folk remind me of Balkan turbo folk which I despise.
self hating much? Just respect other peoples preferences in style. Its still a legit style in music just like 'your favorite'.

And I dont agree that majority of Jpop is trash. Generic pop music is also art on its own, its actually much harder or as hard to produce 'generic pop track' verses 'indie avant garde'.
Old 3rd September 2019, 06:11 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

^Nah... A generic one isn't harder to produce. A generic track that become a huge hit? Yeah, that really IS hard (on the same way producing something that can be experiemental and comercial at the same time is pretty hard), but some generic filler track aimed to sell well enough and be fastly forgoten isn't.

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 5th September 2019, 11:48 PM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoetGirl View Post
self hating much? Just respect other peoples preferences in style. Its still a legit style in music just like 'your favorite'.

And I dont agree that majority of Jpop is trash. Generic pop music is also art on its own, its actually much harder or as hard to produce 'generic pop track' verses 'indie avant garde'.
I in no way implied I do not respect other people’s preferences nor have I said its not “legit” so you can take your dumb comment and shove it up wherever it feels right to you and I will respect that and appreciate your preferences.

Art can be trashy too. I did not say it’s not art, just that it is predominantly trash, just like pop music generally is. Again there has to be something terribly wrong with you as I said none of the things you are commenting on 🙄

Follow me @njanjayrp

Old 6th September 2019, 03:28 PM
ayu trance Initiate

So how is her tour doing? Has the set list changed much?

Book collector, avid reader, writer, cat owner, part time owl who listens to JPOP, KPOP, metal, soundtracks, and instrumental music.

Old 6th September 2019, 03:38 PM
Endless sorrow Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by owlflight View Post
So how is her tour doing? Has the set list changed much?
The tour is on break until February.
Old 7th September 2019, 06:38 PM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

Okay so I've just catched up with the latest TA entries that Ayu made and here is what she said in an entry two weeks ago :
"Having racked up 63 shows, we will be visiting our hallowed ground at Yoyogi for the Countdown Live, then renewing everything for the final leg of the TROUBLE TOUR."
So it means that after August this endless TROUBLE tour will finally end??

EDIT: Nevermind, I was so happy that she was confirming that this was the end of TROUBLE tour that I didn't read the entry until the end, just after that it says :
"I’m sure you’re wondering just how many shows this tour, with 101 currently announced, is going to run to in the end...? (p_-)"

Yes Ayu, everyone is wondering when this nonsense will stop lol

arena tour 2016 ~M(A)DE IN JAPAN~ @ Yoyogi : 08/07 & 09/07
arena tour 2018 ~POWER of MUSIC 20th anniversary~ @ Osaka-jô hall : 21/07 & 22/07
COUNTDOWN LIVE 2023-2024 A ~A COMPLETE 25~ @ Yoyogi : 30/12 & 31/12

浜崎あゆみ ~since 2009~
tumblr ; last.fm

Last edited by attractive nausea; 7th September 2019 at 06:43 PM.
Old 7th September 2019, 08:08 PM
Love song H-Initiate

101 and more...

Old 11th September 2019, 11:08 PM
forgiveness Initiate

I know that Ayu extended her tour with dates in 2020 - but how does one purchase tickets? I could not find any way to do it on her official website, and I registered for Livepocket and did not see anything on there to purchase tickets.

I've never seen her live, and would like to try to next year.
Old 12th September 2019, 01:52 AM
Two of us Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiouforever View Post
I know that Ayu extended her tour with dates in 2020 - but how does one purchase tickets? I could not find any way to do it on her official website, and I registered for Livepocket and did not see anything on there to purchase tickets.

I've never seen her live, and would like to try to next year.
The tickets aren't on sale yet.
The TA lottery will be announced first, then general ticket sales will happen.
Old 12th September 2019, 03:49 AM
appears Initiate

Hi guys. I'm planning to go to Japan to watch Ayu's concert. Anyone wanna share their experience or advice travelling in Japan, like the budgets, hotel, how to get the concert ticket, transportation. I really want to see her Live.
Old 12th September 2019, 10:29 AM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Didz-19 View Post
Hi guys. I'm planning to go to Japan to watch Ayu's concert. Anyone wanna share their experience or advice travelling in Japan, like the budgets, hotel, how to get the concert ticket, transportation. I really want to see her Live.
Japan is the land of options. You can spend very little or you can spend a lot, depending on where you stay, what you do and eat. If you are staying for a week or more and traveling outside of Tokyo a lot get a JR pass, if you are just hopping from Tokyo to one other place, fly. Transportation will probably rat most of your cash as compared to the EU its pricy cuz as a tourist you need to use it a lot. JR pass makes it cheaper if you are staying for a week or two.

For the concert tickets, join TA. Us foreigners typically get very good seats and it’s the safest way to get them at a regular price, especially if you don’t wanna risk it. Japan is easy to get around as everything works.

I’ve been there with both a very small and a very big budget. The first time I went it was 9 days and I spent around 800 eur (airplane ticket excluded). If you are buying electronics it can be pretty cheap as you can get tax free on the spot which is 7-8% (I always forget) and Yodobashi has an additional 5% off for VISA card holders.

If you want a nice cheap hotel/hostel try Juyoh. Its in Minami senju, so a bit far away from Shibuya, but super close to Ueno, Akihabara and Narita airport.

Oh and do check Narita if you have the time before the flight back!

Follow me @njanjayrp

Old 12th September 2019, 11:28 AM
WONDERLAND Initiate

Better make a thread in the Japan Sub-Forum, so this goes not too much Off Topic^^
Because it rly differs a lot in budget depending on what you want to do as njanjayrp said.
But yes TA is your best option for tickets.

Arena Tour 2012 A ~HOTEL Love Songs~ Marine Messe Fukuoka ~ 21.04.2012
Arena Tour 2015 A ~Cirque de Minuit~ Osaka Jo Hall ~ 25.04.2015
Arena Tour 2018 ~POWER OF MUSIC 20th Anniversary~ Saitama Super Arena ~ 07.04.2018
Arena Tour 2018 ~POWER OF MUSIC 20th Anniversary~ Saitama Super Arena ~ 08.04.2018
25th Anniversary Live Tour ~ Beisia Culture Hall Gunma ~ 04.11.2023
Old 12th September 2019, 02:27 PM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~angel*ayumi~ View Post
Better make a thread in the Japan Sub-Forum, so this goes not too much Off Topic^^
Because it rly differs a lot in budget depending on what you want to do as njanjayrp said.
But yes TA is your best option for tickets.
Yeah. Sorry about that! @Didz-19 if you have any questions PM me

Follow me @njanjayrp

Old 13th September 2019, 02:55 PM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Btw has anyone seen ayu’s TA post from the end of August:

Quote:
Having racked up 63 shows, we will be visiting our hallowed ground at Yoyogi for the Countdown Live, then renewing everything for the final leg of the TROUBLE TOUR.

I’m sure you’re wondering just how many shows this tour, with 101 currently announced, is going to run to in the end...? (p_-)

We all have to make compromises, and give up on things from time to time. I’ve often had to.
It seems this is definitely the last leg of TROUBLE.

Follow me @njanjayrp

Old 13th September 2019, 06:33 PM
SEASONS Initiate

Quote:
It seems this is definitely the last leg of TROUBLE.
Finally!

R.I.P, you'll not be missed, much.
Old 13th September 2019, 08:43 PM
ayu trance Initiate

Quote:
We all have to make compromises, and give up on things from time to time. I’ve often had to.
It seems like she didn't wanted to finish the tour... Wonder what she's planning.

ARENA TOUR 2015 A Cirque de Minuit ~Mayonaka no Circus~ @ Saitama Super Arena 2015.04.11/12
ARENA TOUR 2018 ~POWER of MUSIC 20th Anniversary~ @ Saitama Super Arena 2018.04.07
Tokyo Rainbow Pride @ Yoyogi Park 2018.05.06
a-nation' 2018 @ Ajinomoto Stadium 2018.08.26
LIVE TOUR -TROUBLE- 2018-2019 A @ Nakano Sunplaza 2019.02.06
ayumi hamasaki 21st anniversary -POWER of A^3- @ Saitama Super Arena 2019.04.07
Closed Thread

Tags
misunderstood, trouble, trouble tour, trouble tour 2019-2020