[TeamAyu] Ayu taking an "unofficial break" from March 2024 - Page 2 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 26th September 2023, 02:58 PM
RAINBOW Guardian

Ayu taking an "unofficial break" from March 2024

At the beginning of April 2024, Ayu addressed this and a change of heart via a TA App blog. Cross-posting here from the AHS Discord:

TA App Blog, 7.4.24
25th→26th
間違いなくこれまでで一番TAと共に日本中を駆け巡 り、あっという間に過ぎていった、大切な瞬間だらけ の一年でした。

TAには前に少し話したけれど、この1年間精一杯に心 を込めて恩返しし終わったら、しばらくお休みをする 時間をもらおうと。

思っていたのですが、精一杯頑張ったら、それ以上の 精一杯がTAはじめ様々なジャンルの皆様からすでに返 ってきてしまったので笑、26年目も予定大変更して走 り続ける事になりそうです。

いがいとまた、すぐに会いに行きます!!!!!!し ばらくいーやとか言わないでね?笑笑

Love TA

ayu

TA App Blog, 7.4.24
25th→26th
This was definitely the most exciting year I have ever had with TA, full of precious moments that flew by in the blink of an eye while travelling all over Japan.

As I mentioned to TA a little while ago, I originally wanted to take some time away after I gave both heart and soul to my work over the last year.

I really thought at that time that I'd given my all, but now I feel like I can still go even further after receiving an incredible level of encouragement from TAs and everyone else. For that reason, there has been a major change in plans. I'll be running just as hard through my 26th year.

I'll be seeing you all again soon!!!! So no one go and say they're tired of me now, okay? (laugh)

Love TA

ayu

Original post
Quote:
Full credit to chocopockymaster@AHS Discord for this full translation of Ayu's recent posts on the TA app. These were written in the CDL thread there, and there has not yet been any official statement from Ayu or Avex to the media or on public social media.
As she says in the post below, this does not affect the 23-24 CDL or Act 2/Act 3 of the current tour.

"After much deliberation, I decided it would be wrong of me not to say what’s on my mind.

It’s been more than twenty years now since Yoyogi became the place where we could come together as one. I know TA feels this way too.

What it’s meant to us will never change, and we’ll ring in the new year with the Countdown Live as we always have.

That said…I want to apologize for giving any impressions that we might see each other at Yoyogi for the 26th anniversary next year, or that Yoyogi would always continue to be a venue where we’d come together and celebrate.

After this year’s Countdown Live, I will be stepping away from Yoyogi, our promised land. I am also not planning any special 26th anniversary celebrations. If I tried to write down all the reasons for that, I would run out of space…

Thank you.

Additionally, after the Countdown Live, and the conclusion of the current three-act tour, I’m going to be taking a break from scheduling any activities.

I’m not sure how long I’ll be able to bear being away from TA. I might make it half a year before realizing that I really want to see you all, or I might disappear down a new path that means you won’t see me for a few years.

I don’t consider this an official hiatus or any sort of concrete break.
It’s just, that when it comes to concerts at our beloved Yoyogi, this might be it."