out of print - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Enquiries

Notices

Old 1st September 2008, 09:42 AM
INSPIRE Initiate

out of print

hi everyone i wanted to buy one of those out of print cd (of ayu). since websites doesnt selling anymore and the publisher doesnt make those anymore i suppose that the value goes up .i needed your advice as true fan

i was wondering how much would you pay for a used one ?
and how much would you pay for a new one ?

if you live in california check www.yumeranch.com

come join the fun look with my jpop on facebook http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/MY-...953715?ref=ts/
Old 1st September 2008, 10:25 AM
Replace Initiate

It depends on how old & rare the CD is... used, i've paid as little as $3 for an out of print CD, and as much as $20.... new, it REALLY depends on demand & rarity. Nothing From Nothing never goes for anything less than $150 from what i've seen (when it's the real version, not a bootleg)... but singles like Fly high go for their original $15-ish sale price.

Which CD or CDs specifically are you thinking of?
Old 1st September 2008, 07:34 PM
sending mail Initiate

I've seen Nothing from Nothing for about $500 in a lot of places, which I think is ridiculous.

Old 1st September 2008, 08:03 PM
Replace Initiate

I think the average price for NFN that I've seen is about $300. No way I'd pay any more than that.
Old 2nd September 2008, 01:04 AM
INSPIRE Initiate

wow i didnt know nfn was so expensive ! .i guess it depends of how many they did press .when you said 3 dollars i dont think its the real value thats what i call " ebay price " .everything loose value on ebay and amazon.i think the first price would be for auction and a bit higher for a regular edition .

thank you guys for your opinion and explanation

delirium the cds are thinking about are M ,audiance ,evolution, dearest ,daybreak ,h limited edition,ayuromix ,cyber trance present ayu trance , au mix acoutic 2, misunderstood cd only .

i was planning to buy some of those singles as you said they are around 15 to 20 on website .wich sounds pretty reasonable for something thats not published anymore .

i was thinking that the value was higher or those became collector or something .... but i guess she publish that many that even if its out of print its not consider rare .

please tell me your opinion about it ^^

come join the fun look with my jpop on facebook http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/MY-...953715?ref=ts/
Old 2nd September 2008, 02:11 AM
rainy day Initiate

^ The cheapest I've seen for M is US$0.99 since it's not like a 300k copy single. meatpao got his AUDIENCE and Daybreak both for US$1.99 each. Not really sure about the rest. Hope that helped.
Old 2nd September 2008, 05:11 AM
Replace Initiate

Well ayu's fandom has gone down, so alot of things that were $50 a few years ago are no longer any more than $10 - I bought the appears single for $25 in 2003, but nowadays I see it for $10 or less.

Honestly something is only worth as much as people are willing to pay for it, and markets fluctuate - it's not like something ALWAYS goes up in value over time. The eBay price of something IS the real value of it.

Luckily for you, it's a buyer's market. I got ayu-ro mix in July for $4 from an amazon.com seller. And it was in perfect shape (though used).

I just checked YAJ for average CD auction prices atm, and here's what I saw...

M: about $4 max, $1.50 average (used)
AUDIENCE: $29 max new, $3.50 average for a used copy
evolution: hovering around $2.25 average for a used copy ($5 max)
Dearest: $9 max for a new copy (though I saw a sealed one for as little as $4), about $3 used
Daybreak: Even new & sealed, it was around $5-6. Used was about $2. Most of the copies up for auction are new though, unlike the above cds.
H limited ed.: This isn't even up for auction outside 5-packs with every version of the single, but if you divide the auction price equally by 5, it'd be $5 or $10 for each copy of H in the auction.
ayu-ro mix: averaging about $5 used.
ayu trance: this one's all over the place, i'm seeing it anywhere between $2 and $29, and there are alot of them up for auction.
ayu-mi-x II A.O.: About $7.50 new & sealed.
(miss)understood CD only: Between $10 and $25 new, $5 used.

Last edited by Delirium-Zer0; 2nd September 2008 at 05:27 AM.
Old 2nd September 2008, 08:03 AM
INSPIRE Initiate

thanks a lot for those informations delirium. i will look for those than . well the reason i was saying that about ebay earlier is because its an auction website depending on how many people auction on it the price goes up or down and you are not warranty to win plus i saw so many booklet and fake i end up give up ebay . i will look on other website that are not auctions though . thanks a lot again its very kind of you to have do those resurch.

i m amazed that japanese version are so low now . i remember to order on yes asia for like 16 dollars for a brand new single plus de taxes and the shipping i end up with a bill over 20 dollars and the albums were even more insane ( something around 45 for those album cd dvd ). yes, i agree with you the buyer market is really good now

Old 27th March 2009, 12:33 PM
Over Initiate

I don't really care about the quality for out of print/first press items, unless it has a DVD, 'cause I do never listen the CDs anyways.. Outsold CDs of Ayu is actually REALLY cheap, as you can buy like 10 out of print-items on ebay for like $20. Because of that, I will not pay much more than $5 for one second hand CD, but if it is something really rare, or something I haven't seen anywhere else.. I would pay up to $40 (I'm a collector! (^.^)v
Expensive hobby.. m(_ _)m
Old 27th March 2009, 09:42 PM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

Just got the limited edition H BOX version on ebay for 19 bucks! And it has original resealable wrap. In Japan, use CDs go for very cheap, well mostly, theres of course ones that don't. That why yahoo auctions and sellers on ebay from asia sell them for cheap prices.
Old 27th March 2009, 09:45 PM
Secret Initiate

I got appears, Fly high, SURREAL, AUDIENCE, and Daybreak all for only 3 dollars. And they all came with OBI strips and they are real JPN versions to. You just gotta find the right bargain when hunting for CD's.
Old 27th March 2009, 09:49 PM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

Oh yeah andI got Fly high, kanariya, and appears (with OBI) on yahoo auctions for 9.99 all together. those seem to go for cheap unless Fly High and kanariya are new.