What clothes brands does Ayu use? - Page 2 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Enquiries

Notices

Old 5th September 2006, 06:45 PM
no more words Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Petit* View Post
You're missing out on so much! =X (well not really)

Louis Vuitton

You should also visit the wiki page on Louis Vuitton. Japan has in many ways been and is very important to the traditional brnad. Japanese arts inspired the monogram (during the late 19th century in europe japanese pictures and arts were very fashioable), and presently about 50% of the brand's income is generated in Japan making it the biggest market for Louis Vuitton in the world, outnumbering places like the US and Europe by far.
That makes sense, I've heard of Vuitton being very popular in Japan and some girls being obsessed they spend loads of money just to have something from Louis Vuitton...

But bags, luggage, diaries [?], I don't really need this stuff lol
Old 6th September 2006, 04:34 AM
devilayu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustie View Post
That makes sense, I've heard of Vuitton being very popular in Japan and some girls being obsessed they spend loads of money just to have something from Louis Vuitton...

But bags, luggage, diaries [?], I don't really need this stuff lol
The Japanese seem particularly taken in by brand names. Because of this, European brands specifically make certain items for the Japanese market because they know someone will buy it. For instance, there are Vuitton toilet paper holders and Vuitton notepapers. It's really quite funny. And I think there are like 10 Vuitton stores in Tokyo alone. Keep in mind, these are the Vuitton-only stores. The department stores that sell Vuitton must boggle the mind. However, it's much cheaper to buy brand names in America, which is why Japanese tourists shop so much when they are in town.
Old 6th September 2006, 02:25 PM
ourselves Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilayu View Post
The Japanese seem particularly taken in by brand names. Because of this, European brands specifically make certain items for the Japanese market because they know someone will buy it. For instance, there are Vuitton toilet paper holders and Vuitton notepapers. It's really quite funny. And I think there are like 10 Vuitton stores in Tokyo alone. Keep in mind, these are the Vuitton-only stores. The department stores that sell Vuitton must boggle the mind. However, it's much cheaper to buy brand names in America, which is why Japanese tourists shop so much when they are in town.

THere's a list of all louis vuitton stores in both tokyo and japan on the official site. The list very very long, and I think the japan list is the only one that contains sub categories within towns. They also have stores in cities that normally woulden't have one if it was in f.ex the US or UK, or even France.

Even in France most of the customers in Louis Vuitton Stores were japanese, so at least one of the assistants had to know the language. It was quite amazing how he managed to swirch between near perfect japanese to perfect english to perfect french in just a wink of the eye.

You can get note paper and some of that stuff out of japan too though, they do have all items in france in their flagship store, and most of it is actually made in france so it will have to be there at some point. I'm pretty sure a big share of special items are shipped to japan too.

I always wondered why the cost was different from country to country especially within the EU, because the merchandise is ONLY sold in brand stores, so the company is in total control of the prices. It seems that instead of evening out the prices across the globe, they add to extra costs for each place, like rent, taxes and etc. THey also have their own currency stndard (I think) that doesen't change like the currency market does. That's why it's cheaper in Paris than in f.ex even UK. =/ And that's only across the channel,

Last edited by *Petit*; 6th September 2006 at 02:27 PM.
Old 6th September 2006, 05:20 PM
no more words Initiate

All this about brands really makes me want to start something on my own. And I surely won't hesitate to try. Participants welcome
Old 6th September 2006, 05:25 PM
MY ALL Initiate

I'll be your model if the pay is good .
Old 6th September 2006, 05:44 PM
spacelion

NO! Be my model!
Old 6th September 2006, 06:02 PM
devilayu

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Petit* View Post
I always wondered why the cost was different from country to country especially within the EU, because the merchandise is ONLY sold in brand stores, so the company is in total control of the prices. It seems that instead of evening out the prices across the globe, they add to extra costs for each place, like rent, taxes and etc. THey also have their own currency stndard (I think) that doesen't change like the currency market does. That's why it's cheaper in Paris than in f.ex even UK. =/ And that's only across the channel,
The UK is actually more expensive to buy things than in America with today's conversions. I don't think you save that much buying in France compared to American prices either. However, I've heard that prices have gone up on average (for instance, a Dior bag I own was $980 when I got it and is now allegedly over $1,000 to buy from the flagship store). But the price is the same whether or not you buy from a flagship store or from a department store like Saks in America. The only way you can get a deal on genuine merchandise is if you go to the brands' outlet stores.
Old 6th September 2006, 07:22 PM
spacelion

Go to ebay. Designer clothes at a cheap price lol
Old 7th September 2006, 03:29 AM
ayu-mi-x II Initiate

Well, I didn't know bags went for THAT much. What kind of material? Plutonium?

Old 7th September 2006, 04:32 AM
devilayu

You have to understand that each piece of merchandise is handmade and in the case of Vuitton, there is only one factory producing the items. Generally, it's high quality leather (my purse was grained calfskin) but the rarer the material (such as crocodile, etc) the more expensive it is.

Each of Ayumi's Vuitton luggage pieces cost anywhere from $1,000 to $3,000 per piece depending on when she bought it and what line they are from. For sunglasses, she's probably averaging $300 - $500 a pair, more if there are crystals and/or other details on them. If you walk into these stores enough, the thousand-dollar pricetag becomes 'normal'. Anyhow, those who haven't had the pleasure of walking into an LV or some store like it should check it out if you're interested in what Ayu buys. You can also check out eluxury.com to see prices of some items but the actual stores always carry more stuff. Never buy from eBay because even lower end products like Coach have TONS of fakes. They're easy to spot if you know what to look for. The only way to ensure a real product is to buy from the source or an online shop that the brands publicly endorse (such as eLuxury or BlueFly or Neiman Marcus, etc).
Old 7th September 2006, 08:03 AM
ourselves Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilayu View Post
The UK is actually more expensive to buy things than in America with today's conversions. I don't think you save that much buying in France compared to American prices either. However, I've heard that prices have gone up on average (for instance, a Dior bag I own was $980 when I got it and is now allegedly over $1,000 to buy from the flagship store). But the price is the same whether or not you buy from a flagship store or from a department store like Saks in America. The only way you can get a deal on genuine merchandise is if you go to the brands' outlet stores.
You're probably right about America being almost as cheap as euro countries if not even cheaper, the dollar is worth hardly anything these days.

I don't think Louis Vuitton is avaliable in any outlets though, it would probalby be overrun. O.o The sales in the department store is kind of the same as the independent stores.

And yeah, you do always get something extra when shopping "luxury" merchandise. f.ex Louis Vuitton sunglasses are supposed to be made from cotton rather than petrolium. Of course this makes them a bit more expensive, but as sunglasses (like Dior ones) generally cost a lot more than in other countries here, the price doesen't seem too bad at all. =P
Old 7th September 2006, 11:23 AM
Replace Initiate

DG
Chanel
Christian Dior
MTßLG
Versace
Louis Vutton
Yves Sent Lauren
Anna Sui
Emanuel Ungaro
KENZO
Gucci
Paola Frani
Old 7th September 2006, 05:39 PM
no more words Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by immel View Post
I'll be your model if the pay is good .
I was kinda looking for someone who can sew
Old 8th September 2006, 12:04 AM
End roll Initiate

Yeah I've seen Ayu with all sorts of brands on! I'm a big Louis Vuitton fan too, as well as other designer brands. So I guess I kind of covet designer goods too, like Japanese do.
Old 8th September 2006, 03:22 PM
UNITE! Initiate

O_o I never knew Ayu wore so many brand names that I was familiar with!!

Still, I love the pictures of her in the CD HITS! September 2002 (or 2001?)

That HAS to be my favorite picture of her. I want this magazine SOOOOO BADLY!!!

9/9/11 - I'll never forget that night. It will be cherished forever.

❧ set by me ❧ if you'd like one, pm me please

Old 9th September 2006, 05:45 AM
devilayu

Here's a partial list of other brands she's worn in photoshoots (this doesn't mean that she wears these brands normally since stylists may have chosen them). A number of them I've never heard of, so they're probably smaller brands or are limited to Japan:

Cher
FLOWER
Rojita
R&E
LOVERS HOUSE
glugaro
WHITE TRASH CHARMS
SOS STORE
C.C.COUNTRY
Nude (which is a store in LA)
MINIMUM
Notorious (another store in LA)
M.A.S.
FUNKY TOWN (another store in LA)
OSMOSIS
MOROKO BAR
Peach John
Chrome Hearts
Heatherette
Pucci
DSquared2
Bi Silent
Rolex
Esperanza
SOL
ROYAL FLUSH
Sadistic Action
ASH&DIAMONDS
Harley Davidson
HINOYA
Sexy Dynamite London
If 6 was 9
Beams Japan
Sex Pot Revenge
ZOOL
Diesel
LamBda
Sosu Mihara Yasuhiro
Keita Maruyama
Oui Pour
Excentrique
Akira Noda
Adidas
Playboy
Juicy Couture
Diana Amorosa
LUCEE&ETHEL
Pink Flamingo
Vivier
Sweep
True Religion
Justin Davis
Royal Order
Laila VINTAGE COLLECTION
Emanuel Ungaro
Jack of All Trades
Baby Doll
Yves Saint Laurent
Trash Couture/instinct
Bvlgari
Marie-Helene de Taillac
Tracy Feith
Lisa Kline
Kitson (store in LA)
J. Martin
Replay
Miss Sixty
Love&Hate

There are tons more but I think you get the point.
Old 9th September 2006, 12:14 PM
no more words Initiate

yeah... I suppose even if she wore one tshirt one single time, it will be on the list too?
Old 9th September 2006, 07:34 PM
devilayu

^ No, the ones that I listed were either featured in the article or mentioned specifically by Ayu in the shoots that she posed in OR have been used multiple times by the stylist. Everything that I listed up there are items that I've seen more than once on Ayumi. Some of them are sub-collections in bigger fashion lines.
Old 9th September 2006, 11:04 PM
no more words Initiate

Either way, I barely know any of those names... I guess I'm not into fashion and brands, unless I'm making it myself
Old 9th September 2006, 11:35 PM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

I think a lot of them might be like, independent Japanese boutiques~