[Charts & Rankings] The Official Oricon Thread ~Party Queen~ II - Page 2 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 27th March 2012, 04:54 AM
walking proud Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrenekoi View Post
Even if the album got #2, #3 or #5... Just yesterday she added a new date to the tour... So, besides all odds, I would say her career is still going pretty well...
The date that was added was in Miyagi - the area most effected by last years tsunami. So, the reason that date wasn't in there originally is probably because the arena wasn't ready yet.
Old 27th March 2012, 05:07 AM
fairyland Initiate

I wonder what this weekly number #2 is going to mean for future releases? Now that she's getting #2, will avex stop caring about her streaks, like with singles and such, and start releasing her stuff when there is competition more often? And what about the fans? The ones who did care about the records, will they stop now? Will #2 for PQ have no impact at all?

Old 27th March 2012, 05:24 AM
appears Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by happiholic★ View Post
I wonder what this weekly number #2 is going to mean for future releases? Now that she's getting #2, will avex stop caring about her streaks, like with singles and such, and start releasing her stuff when there is competition more often? And what about the fans? The ones who did care about the records, will they stop now? Will #2 for PQ have no impact at all?
You don't have to think too much about this~we'll see in the future~~~
Old 27th March 2012, 05:27 AM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineSlayer View Post
The date that was added was in Miyagi - the area most effected by last years tsunami. So, the reason that date wasn't in there originally is probably because the arena wasn't ready yet.
They already had a date booked in Miyagi, on this same arena for this tour... She was already going to perform there one day before this new date... So, the arena not being ready is not a possibility.

And the tour still has 28 dates... far more than any other arena tour she had during her peak...

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Last edited by Andrenekoi; 27th March 2012 at 05:29 AM.
Old 27th March 2012, 06:48 AM

The #1 Single streak hasn't been broken yet, so they'll probably try to maintain that.
Old 27th March 2012, 07:01 AM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:
GUILTY was #2...Don't forget that ABC is also under avex, if avex cared enough they could've easily manipulated the numbers.

Follow me @njanjayrp

Old 27th March 2012, 07:27 AM
fairyland Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by njanjayrp View Post
GUILTY was #2...Don't forget that ABC is also under avex, if avex cared enough they could've easily manipulated the numbers.
Hm, well, I don't know to what extent the label can manipulate sales. I feel like PQ'ds #2 is a bit different. The release format is different no singles are leading up to the album, her 50th single beat Seiko's record. This era feels more... "new leaf" than Guilty's did.

Old 27th March 2012, 07:46 AM
~ayu-cake~

I know Guilty officially got #2 but wasn't it released at a strange time and technically did hold the #1 spot?? :s. I only half remember??
Old 27th March 2012, 08:15 AM
forgiveness Initiate

^No that's right. GUILTY's first real week was #1. There was all these holidays going on that time so they released the album one week before Oricon started counting. So the "real" week (when Oricon counted) was in reality GUILTY's 2nd week and it got "only" #2.

[Video] Key ~eternal tie ver.~_______LJ Blog________[Video] A History
[BIG SALE! Ayu CDs/DVDs/Goods/Ayupans and more!]
AHS married to Maro
~13/1-2010~

Spoiler:
We had such a nice time. We started dating in t2m PV, took it slow you know, let our love grow. Then it got really serious in 2008. Then after AT2009 we moved in together. It was lovely. Then on AT2010 he asked me to marry him. He was such a sweet. And Ayu gave us our blessings. She was also such a sweet. Now me and Maro are such a sweets together. Aaaw, how time flies.
Old 27th March 2012, 08:48 AM
too late Initiate

Quote:
Her future could go either way in terms of future releases. Maybe she'll be advertised more or maybe Avex will stop giving a crap and just let her release something when she wants to (something I've been praying for for years).

I don't think streaks, sales, records or popularity should matter, to be honest. I mean, I'm proud of her achievments and all but I'm just happy she keeps releasing new music that I love.

Party Queen's sales don't bother me at all as long as we keep getting new albums

Thank you ownsarai for the amazing set

Old 27th March 2012, 10:22 AM
I am... Initiate

^ That's my main concern as well. Can't help feeling a little disappointed that PQ is not going to get no. 1 but I hope she will just continue to release music and have fantastic concerts.

And maybe singles leading up to the album in future
Old 27th March 2012, 10:27 AM
BRILLANTE Initiate

Honestly I don't mind she's getting #2 but 1 thing that annoy me is not a big name artist outsold her. It would be great if she competed with EXILE and then lost the battle. I'm so proud when she broke mr. Children's streak when she released Duty on the same day with mr. Children.

Last edited by TITANIC; 27th March 2012 at 10:53 AM.
Old 27th March 2012, 10:29 AM
I am... Initiate

^She broke Kinki Kid's streak with RAINBOW in the second week too
Old 27th March 2012, 11:10 AM
walking proud Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrenekoi View Post
They already had a date booked in Miyagi, on this same arena for this tour... She was already going to perform there one day before this new date... So, the arena not being ready is not a possibility.

And the tour still has 28 dates... far more than any other arena tour she had during her peak...
Ahh ok. Didn't realize that. Usually she performs twice at each location though, so maybe there was just some scheduling conflict that she couldn't book two dates there at first. Usually when dates are added, it is for Tokyo area.

The second point though I don't really think is relevant. She could have easily performed 28+ dates at her peak (and in larger venues) but she was just a lot more busy then.
Old 27th March 2012, 11:30 AM
End of the World Initiate

and at her peak she probably made enough (made Avex enough) from CD sales/advertising/tie-ins, now I imagine the main source of Ayu-income is her tours.

and GUILTY got #2 because of the Oricon double week, she was #1 for the first week, but she needed #1 over both weeks, I believe.
Old 27th March 2012, 11:38 AM
As if.. Initiate

oh, this week she got #2 weekly, maybe next week she will get #1 weekly because tons of promo =]]]]]]
Old 27th March 2012, 11:42 AM
glitter Initiate

26/03/2012

#1 MDNA - Madonna 6668
#2 Party Queen - 3735
#3 2012 - Acid Black Cherry 3342
Old 27th March 2012, 11:45 AM
Virgin Road Initiate

^WOW!!! FINALLY!!!
ABC under Ayu!
maybe the radio tour promotion start to working...

Ayu and Madonna together...like teacher and her pupil..hahaha

and maybe she can take over number one position of this week...
she has +1 day, from Madonna....(just a little hope though)

i hope...this album has longevity...the most important thing is the end result

Ayumi Hamasaki...Queen of my life...

Last edited by AyuGAME; 27th March 2012 at 11:52 AM.
Old 27th March 2012, 11:56 AM
End of the World Initiate

Haha no way will Ayu get #1 in her second week if she's already down to 3000 a day, even if she wasn't she won't. Anyone who wants the album will have it now, the promo might let it maintain these numbers for a while, but no way will she be #1.

That new Kis-My-Ft2 Johnny's group are releasing their debut album and their singles sold like...3x more than PQ or something.
Old 27th March 2012, 12:03 PM
glitter Initiate

lol at madge's number, 6668

I guess we'll have less then 100k for its first week? Meh, it's sold quite well tbh.
Closed Thread

Tags
浜崎 あゆみ, 浜崎あゆみ, oricon, party queen