Post Count - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Board Forums > FAQ, Tech Support, and Guidelines

Notices

Old 29th April 2015, 01:21 PM
SURREAL Initiate

Post Count

Hello, I just wanna ask something, it's about my total post number. I don't know why but it seems like I lost a few digits of my post which is inflict on my title status. I remembered that I had like <1400 post but now only left <800 post, so what's going on?
I know it's not that important but I just want an explanation. Well, maybe if it not bothering, you can make it normal again.
Thanks!
Old 29th April 2015, 01:28 PM
RAINBOW Guardian

I moved some of the old 'What Are You Listening To' threads to the Chatroom Archive, which is where they're meant to go after they're closed, but I'd forgotten to do it for a while. It's to stop 'post farming' in threads which aren't active discussions. (The 'What's On Your Mind' thread has the same treatment, along with others)

If you'd posted a lot in those threads, your post count will have gone down since posts in the Chatroom Archive don't count towards your overall amount. I hope that explains what happened for you.
Old 29th April 2015, 04:35 PM
SURREAL Initiate

I see. Thanks
Old 30th April 2015, 03:58 AM
Beautiful Day Initiate

I have a question about that actually. What is the point of posting in those types of threads if the posts essentially don't count?
Old 30th April 2015, 02:46 PM
RAINBOW Guardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delicious n Bold View Post
I have a question about that actually. What is the point of posting in those types of threads if the posts essentially don't count?
Well, no one should post just to get a higher post count. That's not really what should be the aim to posting - in fact, that's why the decision was made in the first place to move the threads after they're closed. As to why we have these threads at all, some like to share what they're listening to and others visit to get those recommendations or new ideas of what to check out. The 'What's On Your Mind' thread is just for random conversation or venting.

When these threads were first introduced, there was a worry that some members were posting 20+ times a day in them for the sake of bumping their overall post count, so the compromise was brought up that to avoid this that these more personal threads would be moved to the Chatroom Archive. I hope this explains the decision.