The Official Girls Aloud Thread - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Music Forums > General Music Chat

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 26th November 2006, 01:52 PM
Banned

The Official Girls Aloud Thread

OH MY GOD THEY'RE LITTLE GODDESSES EACH ONE OF THEM.

Any fans around here? They are the winners of 'Popstars: The Rivals' in the UK. Despite being from a reality show, they became such a phenomenon. And continued success too, who would have thought about it? Their fresh and witty pop have found it's way into the hearts of European audiences, especially the Irish and the British.

Of course it's thanks to their AMAZING FRIGGIN AMAZING songs. They're able to pull of ballads and uptempo dance tracks so well. None of their tracks sound bad to me. They beat the Spice Girls for "most consecutive Top 10 singles" in the UK. Their latest single "Something Kinda Ooooh" hit #5 in the UK and it's terribly catchy.

I'm obsessed with their music. Last.fm shows that they are #3 in my overall artist charts, but I've only been listening to them for the past few days and they aren't even on the weekly charts yet. 200 listens, what the hell?

They're all very beautiful I can stare at them for days. Pity I don't know who's really who. Chemistry is not their latest album, but both of the covers are so beautiful.

Chemistry

Any idea who is that in the lower middle? I think she's just absolutely beautiful. The one beside Cheryl Tweedy or Cole.

Chemistry (Christmas Edition)

This cover is also very beautiful. The colours makes me so happy.

Last edited by Mad_Cactuar; 26th November 2006 at 02:05 PM.
Old 26th November 2006, 11:27 PM
Daybreak Initiate

I love sound of the underground.

Spice girls still have the most consecutive no.1's

Old 26th November 2006, 11:43 PM
NOTHING FROM NOTHING Initiate

Something Kinda Ooooh has actually #3 in the UK.

All songs on Chemistry, The Sound of Girls Aloud, What Will The Neighbours Say? , and most on Sound of the Underground are written and produced by Brian Higgins and his production company, Xenomania.
Old 27th November 2006, 01:24 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofpop
Spice girls still have the most consecutive no.1's
Which I'm sure will never be surpassed forever. Damn them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britney Boy
Something Kinda Ooooh has actually #3 in the UK.
Yep, sorry. Yeah, I know it's Xenomania's efforts mostly, but they still sang the songs and chose them. So they're smart. And pretty.

I found out it was Nadine a few hours ago, she's so beautiful on that cover.
Old 27th November 2006, 01:31 AM
Daybreak Initiate

Did'nt Nadine dump Jesse Metcalffe. (dunno how to spell his last name)

Old 27th November 2006, 01:43 AM
Banned

Yep Nadine dumped that smouldering hot dude although I dunno why, that's what I read.
Old 27th November 2006, 03:17 AM
Naturally Initiate

I am a Girls Aloud fan and wish to God they would come to the US. I bet "Somethin Kinda ooooh" would make it in the US, it has that good, edgy fun sound, if they promoted it well.
Old 27th November 2006, 05:30 AM
HONEY Protector

Location: Oxford, UK (originally from Vancouver Island, Canada)
I love Girls Aloud! My boyfriend got me into them haha... I love "Whole Lotta History", it's such a good song

Check out my shop with handmade book jewellery!
Shop: www.coryographies.etsy.com --- Blog: www.coryographies.blogspot.com
Other blog: www.palaeolinguist.blogspot.com --- Other forum: www.linguistforum.com

Old 27th November 2006, 05:41 AM
Banned

Actually I should credit you Cory. I saw one of your posts about Girls Aloud somewhere on the forum and that also sparked my interest.

I love Whole Lotta History, Life Got Cold and See The Day the most. They're so good at winter ballads.

It's awesome your boyfriend loves them. It shows that not everyone who listens to Girls Aloud are gay which a lot of people seem to think locally.
Old 27th November 2006, 05:30 PM
STEP you Protector

They're surprisingly good. Is Something Kinda Ooooh for a "best of" or a new album?
Old 27th November 2006, 10:00 PM
Banned

It's for their Greatest Hits album which was released last month. The lyircs are really quite daft but it's excellent, IMO.
Old 27th November 2006, 10:33 PM
Daybreak Initiate

Something kinda Ooooh is there best song in my opinion. I love everything about it. But i'm wishing they would fire they make up artist as of late.

Old 28th November 2006, 04:18 PM
HONEY Protector

Location: Oxford, UK (originally from Vancouver Island, Canada)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_Cactuar View Post
Actually I should credit you Cory. I saw one of your posts about Girls Aloud somewhere on the forum and that also sparked my interest.

I love Whole Lotta History, Life Got Cold and See The Day the most. They're so good at winter ballads.

It's awesome your boyfriend loves them. It shows that not everyone who listens to Girls Aloud are gay which a lot of people seem to think locally.
Wow, really? Hehe nice, I'm glad I sparked your interest! Yeah it's funny my boyfriend likes them cause it's not his usual music style. When we were in the UK all he wanted to do was find Girls Aloud CDs!

Check out my shop with handmade book jewellery!
Shop: www.coryographies.etsy.com --- Blog: www.coryographies.blogspot.com
Other blog: www.palaeolinguist.blogspot.com --- Other forum: www.linguistforum.com

Old 29th November 2006, 10:55 PM
Voyage Initiate

I got their greatest hits which is great. Unfortunately I've never found their albums that great. The singles always seem stronger than the album tracks. I've only heard Sound of the Underground and Chemistry (which I flicked my way through)

I have decided which my fave song of their is - No Good Advice. Gotta love that guitar riff.

I always feel sorry for Nicola - she always seems to get a rough time in the press for being...ginger (I'm ginger!) And recently they always seem to focus more on the other girls and just cover her up (like in the Something Kinda Ooooh vid) which is stupid because I thought she looked fantastic in the No Good Advice video!

Glad to see you're liking them MC_T!!

Quote:
I think everyone likes them. I had the CD playing in my car and my stepdad turned up Love Machine lol and my parents kept saying how good they thought Biology was.

mi|kshake~
Old 30th November 2006, 07:42 AM
Mirror Initiate

the only song i know is Somthing Kinda Oooh, whch is catchy and party friendly! i am playing the song a lot recently on my ipod.
Old 30th November 2006, 07:47 AM
Daybreak Initiate

^ "Somthing Kinda Oooh" is my fav Girls Aloud song... if you like that then I suggest you also try "The Show" which is my second fav of there's, it's party friendly too. The opening to "The Show" is just electronic perfection.

Last edited by ..:Hot:Like:Wow:..; 30th November 2006 at 07:49 AM.
Old 30th November 2006, 10:33 AM
Banned

mi|kshake, I love your UK pop taste. As long as they don't block Nadine or lower her airtime, I have no problems. Nadine is so beautiful! Cheryl too ocassionally. When photographed with the other WAGs, she looks dumpy though.

The Show really is awesome, I love the chorus. It's the only proper Girls Aloud song that got played on TV here (other than I'll Stand By You but that's a cover).

I strongly recommend See The Day, Life Got Cold, and Whole Lotta History. These are my top 3 Girls Aloud songs, they're just so frickin awesome. I just found out See The Day was a cover. The music is so dramatic and wintery.

Finally put a $10 down payment on a GA CD I saw! It was Sound Of The Underground, I never knew there was a copy of their CD in my local music store. It has Life Got Cold!!!!
Old 30th November 2006, 09:18 PM
Voyage Initiate

Quote:
mi|kshake, I love your UK pop taste
Thanks! Rachel Stevens & Girls Aloud are the only UK pop albums I own though lol. (Am thinking of buying the Sugababe's In The Middle mp3 though - have now decided it's a great song!)

See The Day & Life Got Cold are my favourite ballads of theirs. If only See The Day was a bit longer - I'd like to see the instrumental bit in the middle exteneded and an extra chorus & verse added on. Then it could rival some jpop songs as my favourite ballad! Whole Lotta History didn't do much for me though. Think my least favourite song is Money which is on the greatest hits.

Hopefully the video for I Think We're Alone Now will be out soon. I think people on the 3 phone network get to vote for the ending for it.

Quote:
the only song i know is Somthing Kinda Oooh, whch is catchy and party friendly!
It's a bit cliche, but Love Machine is a total party song!

mi|kshake~
Old 1st December 2006, 09:58 AM
Banned

I just don't like I Think We're Alone Now from that CD. Well, not dislike, but love the least, I still love it. Love Money. The crazy horns and various jazz instruments crammed up with crazy beats and loud music sounds so frenetic and fun!

I'm downloading the video for ITWAN from torrents currently. Not much seeds though. I read that the winning ending was the one where a girl flashed her boobs at the guard or something.

On another note, I also love Sugababes. Amelle is the bestest thing that happened to the group since Heidi. However, Easy was kind of a dissapointment with the ultra-weak chorus. Amelle is so beautiful. Especially in the Easy video which I regard as the best Sugababes video ever. It's like Red Dress in black(Black Dress?).
Old 1st December 2006, 12:58 PM
Voyage Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_Cactuar View Post
Especially in the Easy video which I regard as the best Sugababes video ever. It's like Red Dress in black(Black Dress?).
Amen, exactly my thoughts.

As for GA, they're singles have always been a pleasure to hear, but it was when I obtained "Chemistry" that I found out how good of a music group they really are. I seriously regard that as one of the best pop albums ever. Any "Swinging London Town" fans around?

Tags
britpop, girl group, girls aloud, quite good