[Oricon] oricon Ranking releases 2008 half-year - Page 2 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 23rd June 2008, 03:53 PM
WE WISH Initiate

Mirrorcle World can probably climb up a lot of rankings by the end of the year, but GUILTY will probably fall. Kuu's Kingdom came out later and still sold more =T
Old 23rd June 2008, 04:35 PM
BRILLANTE Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by prussian blue View Post
alittle bit dissapoimting, but i think ayu had made a great job
yah.. i'm little bit disapointed for GUILTY and AT 2007 but MW did good job on chart

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfebaggins View Post
Mirrorcle World can probably climb up a lot of rankings by the end of the year, but GUILTY will probably fall. Kuu's Kingdom came out later and still sold more =T
i think MW will drop out from top 20 since so many singles realese soon
Old 23rd June 2008, 04:45 PM
Don't look back Initiate

o well..nothin much we can do..but support her all the way
Congrats!
Old 23rd June 2008, 05:13 PM
I am... Initiate

If u look at the top 10 of last year's albums, the 10th album sold around Guilty numbers it could just make top 10 for the year. If only exile weren't releasing so many bests >_<
Old 23rd June 2008, 05:31 PM
Lelio Protector

Quote:
I don't think that the fact that Kingdom was released later and sold more (in just 60,000 copies which is a shame for kumi *looking at last year*) says something =P

If EXILE would release just 1 best every album would jump like 2 spots XD it would be cool.

Last edited by ayumisrael; 23rd June 2008 at 05:33 PM.
Old 23rd June 2008, 05:36 PM
appears Initiate

well, it's good that they are all at least ON the charts

my current jam

Ayumi Hamasaki - GREEN
Old 23rd June 2008, 05:46 PM
WE WISH Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayumisrael View Post
I don't think that the fact that Kingdom was released later and sold more (in just 60,000 copies which is a shame for kumi *looking at last year*) says something =P

If EXILE would release just 1 best every album would jump like 2 spots XD it would be cool.
Meh, it is Asia, 60k still a lot in terms of sales, they dun have album sales like in the U.S.

Since Kuu is sometimes considered her biggest competition, I was just comparing the two. GUILTY's sales still are a decrease compared to Secret so far, and it hasnt really had that good critical reception, so i jus dun expect it to get any higher in ranking
Old 23rd June 2008, 05:55 PM
Dolls Initiate

Im satisfied with guilty's sales since it has the least decrease from the previous album compared to all her albums. Im also happy with MW and asia tour dvd sales. I thought asia tour dvd would selll like 60k or something.
Old 23rd June 2008, 06:04 PM
Lelio Protector

Quote:
Meh, it is Asia, 60k still a lot in terms of sales, they dun have album sales like in the U.S.

Since Kuu is sometimes considered her biggest competition, I was just comparing the two. GUILTY's sales still are a decrease compared to Secret so far, and it hasnt really had that good critical reception, so i jus dun expect it to get any higher in ranking
The same is going for kumi though (that's why I said that it's a shame for her) Kingdom's decrease from Black Cherry is huge and large comparing to Secret and GUILTY which isn't really big =P
The whole competition thing was silly though I thought people got over it XD
I also think that 60,000 difference isn't big (for albums) because if an album will sell more than GUILTY and get it one position down, it will most likely will sell more than Kingdom too...
Next week B'z's album for example will sell more than both and get both down 1 position =\.

Last edited by ayumisrael; 23rd June 2008 at 06:15 PM.
Old 23rd June 2008, 06:21 PM
WE WISH Initiate

Quote:
The same is going for kumi though (that's why I said that it's a shame for her) Kingdom's decrease from Black Cherry is huge and large comparing to Secret and GUILTY which isn't really big =P
The whole competition thing was silly though I thought people got over it XD
I also think that 60,000 difference isn't big (for albums) because if an album will sell more than GUILTY and get it one position down, it will most likely will sell more than Kingdom too...
Next week B'z's album for example will sell more than both and get both down 1 position =\.
Yea your right the decrease from Secret and GUILTY isn't much. Theres still a chance GUILTY can catch up too. For me it wasn't the greatest album but I still wish the best for Ayu, considering if it doesn't catch up, you'll have degenerates like the ones who write wikipedia saying her sales are declining yet they don't realize her sales are only declining in Japan and they are skyrocketing in Asia

It wasn't really a competition, its jus something the media focused because a few years back no one really came close to the success and sales ayu did besides kuu. They work under the same label and everything so its not like the whole Ayu-Utada thingy.

Shame though that Kuu's one comment is hurting her so much.
Old 23rd June 2008, 06:27 PM
Lelio Protector

Quote:
Yea your right the decrease from Secret and GUILTY isn't much. Theres still a chance GUILTY can catch up too. For me it wasn't the greatest album but I still wish the best for Ayu, considering if it doesn't catch up, you'll have degenerates like the ones who write wikipedia saying her sales are declining yet they don't realize her sales are only declining in Japan and they are skyrocketing in Asia

It wasn't really a competition, its jus something the media focused because a few years back no one really came close to the success and sales ayu did besides kuu. They work under the same label and everything so its not like the whole Ayu-Utada thingy.

Shame though that Kuu's one comment is hurting her so much.
Yeah kumi should shut her mouth on that radio program >_< it would be better without that whole scandal that went on.

It's a shame we can't get sales figures in asia too but ayu's albums tops China's and taiwan's charts everytime for some period ... oh well.

Anyway the albums and singles charts top 10/20 are filled with boybands =P.
Old 23rd June 2008, 07:59 PM
Sky high Protector

thanks
Congrats Ayu
Old 23rd June 2008, 08:00 PM
WE WISH Initiate

Quote:
Yeah kumi should shut her mouth on that radio program >_< it would be better without that whole scandal that went on.

It's a shame we can't get sales figures in asia too but ayu's albums tops China's and taiwan's charts everytime for some period ... oh well.

Anyway the albums and singles charts top 10/20 are filled with boybands =P.
Yeah boybands are dominating the jpop music industry these days just like it did with the kpop music industry back in the day. Eventually the trend will get old and itll change to something else, like how these days the kpop industry is filled with boybands and girl groups that try to play the game "the group with the most members wins!!". I think I saw one with like 17 band members lol
Old 23rd June 2008, 11:56 PM
SCAR Initiate

Guilty did pretty good for ayu's 1st no.2 original album. I am hoping that it will stay at the top 20. Mirrocle world is doing pretty good, hope that it will still stay at the top 20.

Last edited by jkm444; 24th June 2008 at 01:23 AM.
Old 24th June 2008, 12:36 AM
Initiate

Quote:
There are only 2 female singles that sold more than MW and 2 female albums that sold more than GUILTY, considering that the rankings are great.
The top positions are mainly dominated by boy bands!
Congratulations to ayu!
And we all know that they have no merit

Thank you for sharing these, by the way! At least she charted at all - #15 for MW and #8 for GUILTY isn't bad

"If I do, will you come away with me?"
"Yes."

Old 24th June 2008, 03:39 AM
ayu-mi-x II Initiate

Thanks infors and Congrats Ayu thu the rankings aren't that great but they're pretty good ^_^

I hear a voice saying "don't give up"
I remember the words
"Your happiness is my happiness"
Old 24th June 2008, 03:43 AM
I am... Initiate

I don't think kumi's fans (males and i dunno, hip teenage girls?) will be all that affected by her comment. Maybe black cherry just sounds better i dunno. And i feel that ayu should up her game on albums if we want her to sell better. Lately, i feel that her albums r compilations of random songs rather than a well thought through collection with a common theme. And Johnny's boybands are sometimes also promoted as a collective whole like countdowns where they all perform in dome together. So fans of arashi may be fans of kattun as well say. Whereas for avex, u get singer rivalry even though they are from the same label. All this is IMO...
Old 24th June 2008, 04:06 AM
Initiate

Thanks for the news and Congratz to ayu
Old 24th June 2008, 04:09 AM
Naturally Initiate

Well, at least the #1 single this year is by a female artist. I actually didn't know Namie was selling that much...good for her

Mirrorcle World is selling pretty well considering there's only three female artists in the top twenties. GUILTY, compared to her former albums, did not do as well, but they're still relatively high by today's standards.

It's an endless story, always shining
Always, I want to tell you, forever
lj icon-journal

Old 24th June 2008, 04:45 AM
Initiate

Quote:
There are only 2 female singles that sold more than MW and 2 female albums that sold more than GUILTY, considering that the rankings are great.
The top positions are mainly dominated by boy bands!
Congratulations to ayu!
Lol, Really? Thats really surprising o_o.