Colours covers! - Page 8 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 16th June 2014, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyrhythm View Post
Sad, but I can't help but picture Namie lounging on a giant futon somewhere, sipping champagne and laughing at this mess.
Honestly... Namie was NEVER know for her creativity... be it music, covers or PVs... Her management team is brilliant - but that's it.

Don't get me wrong, I like Namie and I'm always curious for her new releases, but this whole Koda/Namie is so much more creative, they put more thoughts on it etc. etc. is just nonsense. Koda/Namie are fun and entertaining performers with fun and entertaining music and from time to time with a beautiful ballad - but their artistic level isn't anything near of Ayu or Utada (I don't even really like Utada, but it's not hard to admit that she's a true artist).
Old 16th June 2014, 08:39 PM
appears Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chibi-Chan View Post
I don't even really like Utada
blasphemy.
Old 16th June 2014, 09:07 PM
Depend on you Initiate

Quote:
Honestly... Namie was NEVER know for her creativity... be it music, covers or PVs... Her management team is brilliant - but that's it.

Don't get me wrong, I like Namie and I'm always curious for her new releases, but this whole Koda/Namie is so much more creative, they put more thoughts on it etc. etc. is just nonsense. Koda/Namie are fun and entertaining performers with fun and entertaining music and from time to time with a beautiful ballad - but their artistic level isn't anything near of Ayu or Utada (I don't even really like Utada, but it's not hard to admit that she's a true artist).
I totally agree with you! I like Namie and especially Ku but they're completely different from Ayu. She is a complete artist with full control of her career with all the bad and the good things that may come. I don't get the same idea from Kuu and Namie: a lot of team work behind them (this is not a bad thing either, just different)
Old 16th June 2014, 09:19 PM
UNITE! Initiate

Wow, they're all GORGEOUS!! I'm getting the CD only version, but I can't even decide which one is my favorite.
Old 16th June 2014, 09:21 PM
Voyage Initiate

The covers are pretty generic-popstar covers. Saying that, I'm happy with the one I'm getting (Blu-ray)!
Old 16th June 2014, 09:32 PM
Two of us Initiate

her twitter header looks like the pics were snapped simultaneously, like a quick snapshot.
Old 16th June 2014, 09:33 PM
UNITE! Initiate

I just saw the covers on facebook and really think they're great. I didn't know she has darker hair now so that was a pleasant surprise.
Old 16th June 2014, 09:37 PM
INSPIRE Initiate

I really hope that the text on the cover comes metalized.
Old 16th June 2014, 09:41 PM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinder Surprise View Post
her twitter header looks like the pics were snapped simultaneously, like a quick snapshot.
Yeah, but.. why pixelated? Why ayu WHY?
Old 16th June 2014, 09:44 PM
ayu trance Initiate

Awesome! So far this album gets an A+, her best since Love Songs.
Old 16th June 2014, 09:44 PM
1 LOVE Initiate

Welcome to the new chapter: aYUMI CoLOURS HAMASaKI, XD.
I like the CD+DVD.

TWICE

Old 16th June 2014, 09:46 PM
INSPIRE Initiate

I kind of like how the text on her eyes and how the "ayumi colors hamasaki" are messing up with peoples head hahahah We can see how people deal with desconstruction
Old 16th June 2014, 09:55 PM
Depend on you Initiate

So it's not "Colours", but "CoLOURS"? .-.

TUMBLR ϟ LAST.FM ϟ FACEBOOK

Old 16th June 2014, 09:55 PM
Banned

Quote:

Actually Namie has been much more creative the past few years. Kuu has always had strong themes with each album and tour, too. Ayu just rehashes and hasn't done anything inspirational since her 50th single.
Old 16th June 2014, 09:58 PM
appears Initiate

^Video wise she was definitely at the peak of her creativity with her endorsement with Vidal Sasoon. God I miss those days...
Old 16th June 2014, 10:09 PM
And Then Initiate

honestly, I hate the covers...they're actually worse than FIVE and they actually were pretty decent
Old 16th June 2014, 10:26 PM
YOU Initiate

The cover remind me with 4 cover album by beyonce, I decide to buy cd+dvd. Finally

Last edited by andycruize; 16th June 2014 at 10:33 PM.
Old 16th June 2014, 10:35 PM
winding road H-Initiate

I simply don't get people complaining about these being generic and uninspired. The majority of her albums' and singles' covers are random closeups of her face in slightly different angles/positions/expressions, and a big part of them during the past years in very similar pastel colors. Since when did those start to have so much meaning to make people complain about these new ones like she suddenly decided to go for the generic approach?

For me these covers are not at all much different than the usual covers we usually get from her, with the difference that these are not in pastel...

And Colours covers are still light years better than the (miss)understood CD only cover, now THAT thing is her worst IMO.

Old 16th June 2014, 10:39 PM
monochrome Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimenta View Post
I simply don't get people complaining about these being generic and uninspired. The majority of her albums' and singles' covers are random closeups of her face in slightly different angles/positions/expressions, and a big part of them during the past years in very similar pastel colors. Since when did those start to have so much meaning to make people complain about these new ones like she suddenly decided to go for the generic approach?

For me these covers are not at all much different than the usual covers we usually get from her, with the difference that these are not in pastel...

And Colours covers are still light years better than the (miss)understood CD only cover, now THAT thing is her worst IMO.
THIS!

That's also a perfect example of an amazing album with shitty covers (well, the CD+DVD version is good, but the CD only is too bad to be true...)

Old 16th June 2014, 10:41 PM
WE WISH Initiate

Gosh, I'm so mad that after 50 singles and so many albums, ayu has stuff that seems rehashed.

Even though, you know, I thought party queen was a nice effort at a different concept. Especially for covers.
/sarcasm aside

Some of ayus past covers are really basic and not the best, but people will keep spamming rainbow til the end of days.

And then talking about namie. Would everyone prefer a cover like Uncontrolled for this album? And I think if ayu had done the feel concept, it would have been considered uncreative and boring and an edgy black and white rip off of some shoot she did forever ago. Or her last ayu-mi-x release. Something.

Ayu 💛 JASMINE 💛 Hikki 💛 Eiko 💛 MELL
♡ MUCC ♡

Twitter

Last edited by primavera♥; 16th June 2014 at 10:46 PM.

Tags
浜崎あゆみ, colours