[NEWS] ayu's ASIA TOUR the real locations !! - Page 3 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 11th April 2008, 01:30 PM
Who... Initiate

*cries for like hours on end*

OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG damn sad lah

where's singaporeeeeeeeeeeee
Old 11th April 2008, 02:36 PM
talkin' 2 myself Initiate

Quote:
singapore is in the heart in the south east asia...
any question?

||Youtube||Twitter||

set made by apple-pi

Old 11th April 2008, 02:47 PM
Voyage Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by sibby View Post
*cries for like hours on end*

OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG damn sad lah

Higher the expectation, higher the disappointment. Learn to get over it!
Old 11th April 2008, 03:07 PM
LIKE A CRYSTAL H-Initiate

well I kinda expected it because if the companies like Lushington , LAMC are unable to bring in Celine Dion to S'pore , I don't see why they're able to do that for ayumi .

Problems are due to a small market network , logistics & if she really were to bring her tour down here , the tickets have to be priced in such a way that the Lushington or LAMC are able to make profit or breakeven which I doubt it's going to happen

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

My JPop Blog | My Twitter | BRZ Thread 47 | BRZ LiveJournal | BRZ Official Site

Old 11th April 2008, 03:17 PM
Daybreak Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by prussian blue View Post
singapore is in the heart in the south east asia...
any question?
all i got to say is.......... LOL

*hi5* I SWEAR, I CAN'T STOP LAUGHING WHEN I FIRST READ IT
Old 11th April 2008, 03:18 PM
Voyage Initiate

And another reason is that sponsors have NO confidence that there will be enough singaporeans to attend the concerts...

Rain can hold his concerts in singapore because korean waves is crazy in singapore right now and more people are willing to pay to see Rain then ayumi... Rain can attract women from 15 to 50 ^_^; but ayumi can only attract those few ayumi-fans or even harder, casual jpop listeners...
Old 11th April 2008, 03:21 PM
Initiate

no way, Rain n TVXQ also done their concert @ malaysia too... TVXQ even twice... n Rain have been done his concert in highest production cost n most expensive ticket fare concert in M'sia...means m'sia affordable to have great production concert... Y Noooo m'sia.... DVD must out asap !!!
Old 11th April 2008, 03:22 PM
Banned

^I wanna go to a Rain concert.
Old 11th April 2008, 03:28 PM
Who... Initiate

aiya but ya i got over it so its okay for me now that was like a 5 minute reaction HAHA
Old 11th April 2008, 03:47 PM
count down Initiate

We learned in school that Singapore has many limiting factors...

Small market, small population, small "land"...

I believe that we do have the adequate capital and the supporting government for Ayu... sure the Singapore Indoor Stadium would be good...

But.

Singapore only has about 4million people. Somemore J-Pop is not like the hottest thing here... it's English and Chinese. Little wonder she really couldn't come here; like what someone has said, I doubt the sponsors have enough confidence that there'll be full house... giving our small population... Though you might dispute that there would be others coming to Singapore but don't forget Ayu is holding concerts at nearby countries like Taiwan and Hong Kong too...

Ticket prices are most likely going to super insane as well.

Well, overall, it's definitely a big pity cos if any Singaporean has watched the ads for May Day to perform in the Indoor Stadium... there's some 360 degree turning stage and a super long runway that connects the stage... looks so big and grand!
Old 11th April 2008, 05:10 PM
A Song for XX Initiate

It's true that J-pop isn't as 'big' as K-pop in Spore and Msia, so reality is, it's very unlikely any JPop/Rock singers will have concerts here

But I wonder why Korea is not in the list.

btw, AVEX should announce the dates already... ><
Old 11th April 2008, 05:20 PM

Lushington & LAMC did considered to bring Celine Dion down to perform but things wouldn't work . The companies mentioned in the Straits Times a few days ago that in order for them to either earn a tiny profit or break even , they might have to price the tickets to Celine's at a whopping S$1200 & above !

anyway I'm not surprised that ayumi's unable to perform in S'pore for the longest time & counting . It's quite complicated but there're many factors contributing to the fact that she's unable to perform here unfortunately

the infrastructure , logistics & market are just too small . These few factors were mentioned in the papers & besides for companies to earn profit when they bring down top billing acts like The Police , Muse , Incubus , the amount that they get's quite minimal

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

Old 11th April 2008, 05:36 PM
1 LOVE Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterballoon View Post
Singapore only has about 4million people.
Don't forget fans from other countries will fly here too. just like how i flew to HK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterballoon View Post
Ticket prices are most likely going to super insane as well.
if rain's ticket can be as high as $888 considering he is so much more popular than ayu, why would ayu's ticket be more than $888 when (it's assume that noobdy will watch the concert when the market is small?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by karenpang View Post
the infrastructure , logistics & market are just too small.
We have an indoor stadium and the Singapore Expo (with 6 halls). dont tell me the halls are only for John Little, Metro and Popular sales.

If we can have the entire nation supporting the IOC meeting for Olympics 2012 and the entire nation supporting the hosting of Youth Olympics, we have the logistics. (of cos not expecting the entire nation to support ayu )

Define market. if we reclaim more land to be as big as USA, does it mean the market is bigger?
Old 11th April 2008, 05:48 PM
Naturally Initiate

I dunno too much about singapore, but from I've learned, I agree with Waterballoon and Karenpang that the tickets are probably would be too expensive and audience too small to hold profitable concert. And to be honest, if Celine Dione is unable to get a concert there, I really don't have the expectation for Ayumi to go there. (I'm curious, is there any Jpop artist that have held concerts in Singapore before?)

It's an endless story, always shining
Always, I want to tell you, forever
lj icon-journal

Old 11th April 2008, 08:36 PM
TO BE Initiate

no singapore again.. sighzz.. any official dates for taiwan concert?? thinking of flying there

The short summer is starting now
How many memories can I make with you?
The sun is just shining bright
And the waves are always rolling on the shore~

My Ayupans Collection

Old 11th April 2008, 08:47 PM
Sky high Protector

thanks for new
Old 12th April 2008, 02:57 AM
I am... Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikaru View Post
I dunno too much about singapore, but from I've learned, I agree with Waterballoon and Karenpang that the tickets are probably would be too expensive and audience too small to hold profitable concert. And to be honest, if Celine Dione is unable to get a concert there, I really don't have the expectation for Ayumi to go there. (I'm curious, is there any Jpop artist that have held concerts in Singapore before?)
Nope i dun think so...but we do have at least one japanese artists that visit our island every year...which is so pathetic though...and most probably its bcuz that jpop artists are more expensive to hold a concert over here than kpop artists?cuz we have more kpop artists holding concerts over here...
Old 12th April 2008, 03:53 AM
Initiate

yeah ayu just love HONG KONG so much XD~~~ placing HK as first station this time in the overseas section^^ I will definitely see her this time again ever since after glitter/fated pv shot in HK here^^
Old 12th April 2008, 04:42 AM

Straits Times published a letter written by a reader in today's issue . It's in the life section & it also indirectly talks about this matter as to why Celine Dion wasn't able to perform in S'pore .

Oh I also have to add in the fact that sponsership does play a part as to why ayumi wasn't able to perform . I think sponsers have little or zero faith as to why should they sponser & bring her down here .

I don't know why but it always centres around the M word aka $ cos at the end of the day , organisers , promoters are only interested in making $ . That's quite the harsh reality if you're in the music business

Quote:
Originally Posted by alternarist View Post
We have an indoor stadium and the Singapore Expo (with 6 halls). dont tell me the halls are only for John Little, Metro and Popular sales.

If we can have the entire nation supporting the IOC meeting for Olympics 2012 and the entire nation supporting the hosting of Youth Olympics, we have the logistics. (of cos not expecting the entire nation to support ayu )

Define market. if we reclaim more land to be as big as USA, does it mean the market is bigger?
if you really want the real reasons as to why she wasn't able to come down & perform here for the longest time , I suggest why not you go to the source ie. call Lushington , LAMC or better yet Warner .

Hack a complaint or 2 on everyone's behalf as to why she wasn't able to come down (again) to perform in S'pore

to me it's not the end of the world that she's not able to come down here to perform & just like yourself , I also can fly to Taiwan or HK to see her perform live provided if I have the $

& oh with regards to the fact that infrastructure , logistics & the market are too small , it does concides with the local music scene as well .

Think about the fact as to why people like JJ Lin , Tanya Chua & Stefanie Sun had to leave S'pore & go to Taiwan ? Because Taiwan's the biggest market when comes to Chinese music .

The sad reality's that for chinese acts in order to be seen as they 'made it' , they have to venture outta S'pore , head to Taiwan to make it big & then it will be seen that they have 'made it' when they return back to S'pore . Why ? because it's not profitable to have a music career in S'pore in the 1st place .

I have friends who're in bands that're involved in the local music scene & it's virtually impossible to be a full time musician in S'pore as it's not practical . A lot of them have day time jobs & basically when comes to their bands , they see it as a retreat .

Ok I sidetracked outta topic so I better stop now .

Last edited by devilayu; 13th April 2008 at 03:15 AM.
Old 12th April 2008, 03:16 PM
Who... Initiate

i heard that the lighting in expo is a bit old too.

and maybe its a replay of what happened for tour of secret

i dunno OH WELL