[News] ayumi hamasaki LIVE TOUR -TROUBLE- 2018-2019 A - Page 25 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 1st November 2018, 03:54 PM
SURREAL Initiate

^Thanks for this report, looks like a really fun show and glad to read you had fun!
Old 1st November 2018, 05:04 PM
A Song for XX Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyuCanada View Post
That comment was light compared to everything Timmy does on stage.
And what would this be? The things that his BOSS tells him to do? Because friend of Ayu’s or not, he’s still an employee and she dictates what he can and can’t do.
I don’t even like Timmy but as Earth_maiden said, people tend to act like Timmy is eroding the morality from Ayu’s shows when it’s apparent that everything that has/does/will happen is due to Ayu’s choices.
Old 1st November 2018, 11:06 PM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amalgam View Post
There’s no need to get gross about it, ugh.
Sex isn’t gross lol

Follow me @njanjayrp

Old 2nd November 2018, 03:08 AM
WHATEVER Initiate

Quote:
And what would this be? The things that his BOSS tells him to do? Because friend of Ayu’s or not, he’s still an employee and she dictates what he can and can’t do.
I don’t even like Timmy but as Earth_maiden said, people tend to act like Timmy is eroding the morality from Ayu’s shows when it’s apparent that everything that has/does/will happen is due to Ayu’s choices.
I don't care who is the mastermind, even if it is ayu, I don't like it, and I think it is a very bad taste. And since his whole character is based on an oversexualized homosexual, I don't think it is misplaced when someone dares to say he might have sex with an audience member, since his image is all about it.

And to answer your question ''What would that be'', there are many examples we know, one of the worst I can recall is when I was at the concert last year, during boys and girls, he was putting the balls they throw in the audience in his brief. This is bad taste, especially when there are children in the audience.
Old 2nd November 2018, 05:44 AM
WHATEVER Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzylovesongaku View Post
Can we just stop talking about Timmy? I always feel like anytime we do, the conversation always gets very dangerously close to homophobic. He seems like a nice guy. Let's not make assumptions about him based on the persona he is paid to play, please.
I am sure he is a nice guy, he seems nice and normal on the candids ayu shares, but his character on stage, I don't like it, a lot of people don't and since he is given more and more spotlight each tour, it is hard not to talk about him on the tour topic.
Old 2nd November 2018, 06:31 AM
ayu trance Initiate

He is really sweet! I've met him in a restaurant and he was super nice and sweet with me. He was really surprised I recognized his face without make up lol

The show seems to be very fun! And I hope I get picked up to go to stage even tho just by thinking about that my heart starts beating really fast lol

ARENA TOUR 2015 A Cirque de Minuit ~Mayonaka no Circus~ @ Saitama Super Arena 2015.04.11/12
ARENA TOUR 2018 ~POWER of MUSIC 20th Anniversary~ @ Saitama Super Arena 2018.04.07
Tokyo Rainbow Pride @ Yoyogi Park 2018.05.06
a-nation' 2018 @ Ajinomoto Stadium 2018.08.26
LIVE TOUR -TROUBLE- 2018-2019 A @ Nakano Sunplaza 2019.02.06
ayumi hamasaki 21st anniversary -POWER of A^3- @ Saitama Super Arena 2019.04.07
Old 2nd November 2018, 08:31 AM
WONDERLAND Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedronekoi View Post
He is really sweet! I've met him in a restaurant and he was super nice and sweet with me. He was really surprised I recognized his face without make up lol
I met him in the train to the concert, yes he is a very sweet and nice person, sooooo different from his stage persona.

Arena Tour 2012 A ~HOTEL Love Songs~ Marine Messe Fukuoka ~ 21.04.2012
Arena Tour 2015 A ~Cirque de Minuit~ Osaka Jo Hall ~ 25.04.2015
Arena Tour 2018 ~POWER OF MUSIC 20th Anniversary~ Saitama Super Arena ~ 07.04.2018
Arena Tour 2018 ~POWER OF MUSIC 20th Anniversary~ Saitama Super Arena ~ 08.04.2018
25th Anniversary Live Tour ~ Beisia Culture Hall Gunma ~ 04.11.2023
Old 3rd November 2018, 02:03 AM
still alone Initiate

Please don't play the homophobia card.
Timmy has been getting a lot of spotlight lately so it's unavoidable. I think most people here enjoy him as a person. I know I do. From what I see he seems like a very nice guy and a good friend to Ayu. The criticism is directed at his stage persona and costume. Whether it is Ayu's doing or his, he clearly isn't going anywhere. It looks like Ayu has decided to make him a mainstay to her live shows.
Old 3rd November 2018, 02:54 AM
NEVER EVER Initiate

Quote:
I'm usually the last person to complain on him since I mostly don't mind him (or ignore it simply) but if ayu does it, it might be something different. People go to see ayu after all. So they might be fine with her doing it but not with Timmy. Even then, not everybody will like it, of course.

Last edited by Katsuyuki012; 3rd November 2018 at 03:41 AM.
Old 3rd November 2018, 07:20 AM
SURREAL H-Initiate

Imagine Beyoncé or Lady Gaga or Celine Dion sharing 70% of the stage, every concert, with another huge, in your face personality. Every performance. Tv, concert, Instagram. Every. Single. Time. Plus in song recordings and music videos.

This would be grating on a lot of fans. I’m positive.

"Remember, don't let others dictate your music taste. If you like whatever you're listening to, keep listening to it."

Last edited by tokyoxjapanxfan; 3rd November 2018 at 07:22 AM.
Old 3rd November 2018, 11:13 AM
Because of You Initiate

CDL for 1 day in this year.

https://avex.jp/ayu/news/detail.php?id=1066806
CDL 2018-2019 - TROUBLE -

Put my mouth on the lyrics like CPR

Old 3rd November 2018, 11:22 AM
MY STORY Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokyoxjapanxfan View Post
Imagine Beyoncé or Lady Gaga or Celine Dion sharing 70% of the stage, every concert, with another huge, in your face personality. Every performance. Tv, concert, Instagram. Every. Single. Time. Plus in song recordings and music videos.

I don't think he's been that prominent though, maybe its more obvious at the moment/lately because the stage is smaller? He doesn't do flambouyant things on TV performances. He has his own instagram which no one is obligated to follow/view. He's writes songs and compositions so he's more active in her music and some of his songs are actually amazing, like BRILLANTE, hbya, Party Queen (one of my personal favourites), etc. I find most comments are about his wardrobe, which he has little control over, or his character, again which he wouldn't be able to do whatever he wanted without incurring Ayu's wrath. I can understand if he's not everyone's cup of tea but comments like "Timmy mighty chose certain audience members because he gets special priveleges" comes across as rather nasty.

AYU ~Countdown Live 2012-2013 ~WAKE UP~ [29.12, 31.12], AYU ~CDL Cirque du Minuet [29.12.14], AYU TROUBLE 18-19 [05.01.19]
Maaya Sakamoto ~Mitsubachi [30.12.12] BABYMETAL [10.01.2015]

BIG BANG [21.10.2015]
Old 3rd November 2018, 04:25 PM
ever free Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokyoxjapanxfan View Post

Gaga had that one album with Tony Bennett - but that was just one album and that was that. And it's different when it's one album with one of the most established musicians ever vs constantly working with a guy who's nowhere near as famous and is up in your fans' faces all the time.

I don't hate Timmy - I actually think he's a pretty cool guy and I LOVE his compositions, even his rapping is great imo. But also enough is enough lol He doesn't bother me personally but he can be really distracting when watching an Ayu concert. So I don't blame people at all for disliking him

Old 3rd November 2018, 06:32 PM
End of the World Initiate

He's in one music video lol

He's still not reached the prominence somebody like Shu-ya used to have in videos or shows, and while people were annoyed by him it's nothing compared to what people say about Timmy. It's very obvious what the undertone is behind all the 'Disgusting' comments.
Old 3rd November 2018, 06:59 PM
NEVER EVER Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by relmy View Post
He's in one music video lol

He's still not reached the prominence somebody like Shu-ya used to have in videos or shows, and while people were annoyed by him it's nothing compared to what people say about Timmy. It's very obvious what the undertone is behind all the 'Disgusting' comments.
*three (at least)
Not that much but still.

And yes, he maybe hasn't reached that prominence yet, however the portrayed characters of these two people are not really similar.

Last edited by Katsuyuki012; 3rd November 2018 at 07:20 PM.
Old 3rd November 2018, 07:08 PM
SURREAL H-Initiate

I believe he was in three? Brilliante, Shake it and Nanana. Maybe Warning too? I forget.

The problem for Timmy is that he’s doing all of this as one person, himself. So hating his on stage image carries over to just hating him in general. There’s no distinction between the two.

I don’t enjoy him being so in your face but that’s just what it is now.

"Remember, don't let others dictate your music taste. If you like whatever you're listening to, keep listening to it."

Old 3rd November 2018, 07:17 PM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

^ yes and she also had at least 15 mvs without Timmy since brillante, so it's not like he appeared in majority of her recent mvs, 3 is not much at all lol
Old 3rd November 2018, 07:34 PM
NEVER EVER Initiate

New thread:
http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showth...02#post3290002

Old 3rd November 2018, 08:24 PM
WHATEVER Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbow_smile View Post
^ yes and she also had at least 15 mvs without Timmy since brillante, so it's not like he appeared in majority of her recent mvs, 3 is not much at all lol
I think people are more annoyed by his exposition and accuracy on stage (also, It's not like her recent mvs are being much watched either )

I don't recall people complaining a bunch about Peco, or a single negative comment about Princess. Those two girls were doing a perfect job as back vocalists. I think the major issue we have with that Timmy's exposition is that it adds nothing valuable to her shows. He is used like a forced accessory that was maybe original at it's beginning (in nanana and brilliante) but is now mainly cringeworthy.

Although... I would be curious to know what kind of reception he gets from asian people, maybe they like that caucasian gay stereotype.
Old 4th November 2018, 08:51 AM
SURREAL H-Initiate

I never said him being in videos is the sole issue. I’m just saying his presence is all over the place. He’s even in the booklet shots for Party Queen.

Closed Thread

Tags
live tour 2018-2019, trouble