[News] ayumi hamasaki COUNTDOWN LIVE 2019ー2020 A - Page 7 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 29th October 2019, 06:44 PM
opening Run Initiate

That's some serious dedication, Ayu. I can't even watch some of them where she had a bad day vocally and she decided to watch them all.
Old 1st November 2019, 10:33 AM
No way to say Initiate

I hope she watched Premium CDL and thought "damn I did that" and just gives us that again.
Old 1st November 2019, 11:23 AM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

^ Eeew.

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 1st November 2019, 12:09 PM
SEASONS Initiate

^ omg what?? PCDL is the best thing she has given us. Like, for real.
Old 1st November 2019, 12:41 PM
Daybreak Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toniayu123 View Post
^ omg what?? PCDL is the best thing she has given us. Like, for real.
Agreed. From the setlist to all the theatrics, that has to be one of my favorite CDLs she’s done as of late.
Old 1st November 2019, 12:42 PM
Endless sorrow Initiate

PCDL was great. The way she is making the hype for this year's CD makes me really excited as she seems to be pretty focused on it. Ugh, can't wait!
Old 1st November 2019, 12:45 PM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxikot View Post
PCDL was great. The way she is making the hype for this year's CD makes me really excited as she seems to be pretty focused on it. Ugh, can't wait!
I just need to lottery to happen!

Follow me @njanjayrp

Old 1st November 2019, 02:32 PM
Far away Initiate

PCDL was and still THE shit.

As long as she takes cares of her voice until then and even end up lip-synching 90% of it, I'm all for her doing something like that again.
Old 1st November 2019, 02:37 PM
WHATEVER Initiate

I personally never been a fan of PCDL, it has some moments but I find it too long and somewhat "flat".There is also a lot of playback in the show. That is said, I do enjoy the live versions of Powder Snow and Heartplace.
Old 1st November 2019, 03:14 PM
July 1st Initiate

I'm gonna pile on all the love for PCDL with some more love because, ten years on, it's still one of her very best shows. I can do a three-hour TED talk on why I love this show but suffice it to say that the song selection is INSPIRED (starting with GREEN? continuing with Will? medleys of And Then and Naturally, and SIGNAL–Hana–too late? WHAT A CONCEPT). Fuck I love PCDL and I hope she does something that feels as fresh as this.
Old 1st November 2019, 03:23 PM
too late Initiate

I've never been a fan of PCDL. I think there are some performances that works pretty well as a standalone (like And Then / Naturally, Will, End of the World / Heartplace), but the whole concert seems "flat" and disconnected, even for a CDL. And the visuals don't appeal to me at all (I'm used to some "cheesy" or "over-the-top" looks from her, but "Who" performance's look is atrocious).

After that, she delivered a lot better shows imo.

slow down, you won't get there by hurrying
gonna find out if the hard work was worth it
i know it's somewhere in me
i'm just tryna find love

Last edited by summerain; 1st November 2019 at 03:29 PM.
Old 1st November 2019, 03:36 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

PCDL has some of her worst outfits ever, the concert is overly long and most of it is lip synched. I do love some individual performances on it, as I also love she performed several stuff she never did before, but as a concert, thats a mess.

I'm totally in for more register of her fucking up her lip sync though, as those are always funny.

Old 1st November 2019, 03:55 PM
No way to say Initiate

tbh the pre-recorded vocals are welcomed at this point.

Do It Again and Wake Up are also very underrated with great openers.
Old 1st November 2019, 04:18 PM
WHATEVER Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExodusUK View Post

I like Wake up too! And I agree with the pre-recorded vocals for some portions of songs or few songs but not too much.
Old 1st November 2019, 04:27 PM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExodusUK View Post

Pre-recorded back vocals sure. I go to her concerts to listen to her scream, shout and fall apart on stage and I am not paying for a recording.

Follow me @njanjayrp

Old 1st November 2019, 05:26 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

I don't mind pre-recorded vocals on heavily choreographed numbers... What wasnt really the case for Over lol

Old 1st November 2019, 06:03 PM
INSPIRE Initiate

PCDL was the one when she had injured her hand, wasn't it? iirc that+medication was the reason she didn't sing live some stuff and all. I wonder if today ayu wouldn't have cancelled that, it was such hard-working putting the concert off being recently injured. I do agree the concert could have been longer and has some tacky outfits, but I enjoy most of it, especially cause of the song selection. That CDL should have been extended into a TA Tour so bad.

instagram | last.fm | tumblr | jpop tumblr | twitter | peeproom | goodreads

Old 1st November 2019, 09:29 PM
WHATEVER Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustavopc View Post
PCDL was the one when she had injured her hand, wasn't it? iirc that+medication was the reason she didn't sing live some stuff and all. I wonder if today ayu wouldn't have cancelled that, it was such hard-working putting the concert off being recently injured. I do agree the concert could have been longer and has some tacky outfits, but I enjoy most of it, especially cause of the song selection. That CDL should have been extended into a TA Tour so bad.
I think she probably just didn't remember the lyrics of all those songs she doesn't perform often. But this is jus my opinion.
Old 1st November 2019, 10:40 PM
No way to say Initiate

wow I loved PCDL so much, I think it was one of her best. I actually don't remember the outfits at all but I really enjoyed all those old songs she sang. I even have that concert recordings in my Apple Music library. I especially love that transition from SIGNAL to Hana and how she linked And then and Naturally.

ayumi hamasaki COUNTDOWN LIVE 2012-2013 A ~WAKE UP~. Dec 29/30/31, 2012. Yoyogi National Gymnasium, Tokyo.
ayumi hamasaki 15th Anniversary TOUR ~A BEST LIVE~. Apr 13/14, 2013. Saitama Super Arena, Saitama.
ayumi hamasaki 15th Anniversary TOUR ~A BEST LIVE~. July 27/28, 2013. Yoyogi National Gymnasium, Tokyo.
ayumi hamasaki ARENA TOUR 2016 A ~MADE IN JAPAN~. May 22, 2016. XEBIO Arena, Sendai.
ayumi hamasaki ARENA TOUR 2016 A ~MADE IN JAPAN~. July 18, 2016. Osaka-Jo Hall, Osaka.
ayumi hamasaki COUNTDOWN LIVE 2016-2017 A『Just the beginning -20-』. Dec 29, 2016. Yoyogi National Gymnasium, Tokyo.
ayumi hamasaki 『Just the beginning -20- TOUR 2017』. July 15/17, 2017. Osaka-Jo Hall, Osaka
ayumi hamasaki 『Just the beginning -20- TOUR 2017』. January 9, 2018. ROHM Theatre, Kyoto
Old 2nd November 2019, 02:05 AM
POWDER SNOW Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustavopc View Post
Yes it was. She had the nude colored cast with crystals on it. She passed out afterwards because she was so exhausted and in agony with the pain medications wore off. Yes the show was all over the place, but so what. She was churning out amazing shows artistically still at that point and at her peak. At least that CDL was entertaining eventhough a couple of the outfits were odd. Green/Will absolutely breathtaking! Her shows have been very blah the past few years and I still say that her not performing at a nation really took a hit with her career. I wouldn’t be surprised if CDL doesn’t sell that many tickets

Closed Thread

Tags
countdown live, countdown live 2019-2020, promised land, yoyogi