[News] ayumi hamasaki COUNTDOWN LIVE 2019ー2020 A (II) - Page 18 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 31st December 2019, 08:21 PM
Love song H-Initiate

Fall looks painful
Old 31st December 2019, 08:45 PM
walking proud Initiate

Watching now. Just have watched the first song so far, but her voice.....sounds good??? lol Yay. Maybe the difference between only doing one show and not 3 or 4 in a row before the final.

Edit: A few songs in. Yep, sounds horse when going for any high note, but she seems to control it better now.

Last edited by SunshineSlayer; 31st December 2019 at 09:01 PM.
Old 31st December 2019, 09:03 PM
appears Initiate

The new? dancer reminds me of Frankie Grande
Old 31st December 2019, 09:12 PM
Far away Initiate

Not impressed by the setlist either, a few rare additions were ok, but the rest was pretty underwhelming. Wasn't able to watch everything due to the stream lagging too much, I'll have a batter one later after I download it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hud View Post
on topic: I really wanted her to go the LOVEppears route since the re-release happened but that's okay.
Same here, I was lowkey expecting her to do it, trouxa fui.
Old 31st December 2019, 09:22 PM
Dolls Initiate

I'm watching, started it so the countdown is exactly at midnigt here, last year I was 20 seconds late, love the vocals so far
Old 31st December 2019, 10:42 PM
Initiate

I wonder how the Meet But Not Greet thing went. She looked tired but still energized by the end of the show.
Old 1st January 2020, 01:42 AM
Who... Initiate

well the fall explains why she looked like she was in pain in the end when she was running around stage screaming arigatou gozaimashita
Old 1st January 2020, 02:40 AM
I am... Initiate

I really liked this show (and it's been a while since I really liked one of her concerts)

The setlist is absolute FIRE! So many rare songs in there and quite a few of them, such as sending mail, snowy kiss, and identity, are some of my absolute favs! And her vocals are actually quite good as well. If she works on that technique and perfects it a little more it'll serve her well I think. It worked amazingly for Marionette!! The softer touch to her voice really added to how haunting the song is.

I think the show lacked a bit of energy from her because of the vocal style she was using. I think it would have been beautiful for songs like JEWEL or CAROLS but for songs with a bit of power in them she just needs to work on it I think. The fall I think added to it as well. She clearly was in pain after snowy kiss. It took her a good 2 minutes to even get standing again and she was limping then pretty much the rest of the show. It looked like she came off the step awkwardly and either rolled her ankle or caught her foot on the dress and landed badly.

ROCK'N'ROLL

rock chick

Old 1st January 2020, 03:40 AM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

This is most likely one of her best CDLs. She did really well vocally.

Follow me @njanjayrp

Old 1st January 2020, 04:44 AM
SURREAL H-Initiate

Personally not into the set list so much.

Some gems in there but generally not my thing.
But I’m interested in seeing how she performed them.

"Remember, don't let others dictate your music taste. If you like whatever you're listening to, keep listening to it."

Old 1st January 2020, 05:46 AM
Initiate

I enjoyed the show so so so much and can’t believe i got the first damn row seat. She was so close and her vocals were quite good!! Somewhat the concert feels a bit similar to Wake Up 12-13!
Power of Music ~20th Anniversary~, 7th Apr (6) & 8th Apr 2018 (7)
Countdown Live 2019 - 2020 ~Promised Land~, 31st Dec 2019 (8)
25th Anniversary Live, 8th Apr 2023 (9)
25th Anniversary Live Tour, 18th Aug 2023 (10) — LUCKY BOY!!!
Old 1st January 2020, 05:52 AM
NEVER EVER Initiate

This was really good concert. Setlist is soo good (sending mail, SAKURA, identity). But when she fell during snowy kiss, omg, that was bad. Her vocals are pretty much on point except for: until that day, humming 7/4.

Last edited by Sky High; 1st January 2020 at 05:59 AM.
Old 1st January 2020, 06:57 AM
July 1st Initiate

just finished watching the downloaded stream, overall I like this a lot. a couple unorganised notes:

• the fall looked painful! she seemed to manage really well during snowy kiss by just powering through and singing on the spot, but yeah, as some have said, it seemed to have taken a toll when her walk seemed a bit stunted in the encore. I hope this doesn't add to her knee problem and is just something she can more easily heal from.

• the vocal! it was evident that she was trying to control herself and it worked really well for the most part! her vibrato sounds 'mature' and stable even when she was walking around. I hope she can maintain (if not improve) this technique for the remainder of the TROUBLE tour.

• I think she lip-synced/used a backing track during at least Marionette and decision (if not identity, as well). her vocal sounded a little too 'polished' here and the camera angles are suspect; they seemed to intentionally not zoom in on her face during these songs to hide apparent signs of lip-syncing. I'm not a pro so I could be wrong here of course.

I really enjoyed this concert! I hope it gets released officially.
Old 1st January 2020, 08:38 AM
walking proud Initiate

Mixed feelings about this show. I like that she did a lot of rare songs and at the same time I didn’t really enjoy the setlist. lol

She focused on her vocals a lot and as a result the show seemed to lack some spark and power for me, but I guess we can’t have it both ways.

She definitely hurt herself during the fall and seemed unsteady afterwards. I think her knee??
Old 1st January 2020, 09:07 AM
opening Run Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJFmzk View Post
I wonder how the Meet But Not Greet thing went. She looked tired but still energized by the end of the show.
The curtains opened, Ayu appeared in a wheelchair. She started with "I'm sorry for such a shocking appearance on stage", because she fell, talked about this live, changes in the seat structure, listened to the audience requests of the songs they want to hear in the next leg of Trouble tour. Then group pictures were taken with Ayu facing each block and she thanked the fans before bidding farewell. The public was sitting all the time, Ayu didn't leave the stage or shake anyone's hands or talk directly to anyone. It all lasted about 10 minutes.

Last edited by Chris85; 1st January 2020 at 09:09 AM.
Old 1st January 2020, 09:11 AM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris85 View Post
The curtains opened, Ayu appeared in a wheelchair. She started with "I'm sorry for such a shocking appearance on stage", because she fell, talked about this live, changes in the seat structure, listened to the audience requests of the songs they want to hear in the next leg of Trouble tour. Then group pictures were taken with Ayu facing each block and she thanked the fans before bidding farewell. The public was sitting all the time, Ayu didn't leave the stage or shake anyone's hands or talk directly to anyone. It all lasted about 10 minutes.
Wheel chair? Omg I hope she is alright.
Power of Music ~20th Anniversary~, 7th Apr (6) & 8th Apr 2018 (7)
Countdown Live 2019 - 2020 ~Promised Land~, 31st Dec 2019 (8)
25th Anniversary Live, 8th Apr 2023 (9)
25th Anniversary Live Tour, 18th Aug 2023 (10) — LUCKY BOY!!!
Old 1st January 2020, 09:29 AM
Endless sorrow Initiate

I don't think the wheelchair shows it's something very serious, it's just good she used it. There's no need to exercise her legs after the show, especially after the fall. I'm sure she's under a perfect care and resting right now. She deserves the best
Old 1st January 2020, 09:30 AM
opening Run Initiate

I like how you can see teleprompters with song lyrics :-) They still didn't save her from mistakes.
Old 1st January 2020, 10:21 AM
forgiveness Initiate

She liked Happening Here that much eh? :|
I can't imagine the exhaustion of singing snowy kiss, sending mail and then Missing.
But I really do appreciate she's coming up with songs she never performed before
Old 1st January 2020, 11:02 AM
opening Run Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep snow View Post
• I think she lip-synced/used a backing track during at least Marionette and decision (if not identity, as well). her vocal sounded a little too 'polished' here
You're right. Identity's choruses are pitch-perfect which give it away. Marionette and Decision are pitch-perfect and more powerful and screamish than the rest of the show.
Closed Thread

Tags
countdown live, countdown live 2019-2020, promised land, yoyogi