[News] evolution - Theme song for 2012 Japanese Movie "Helter Skelter" - Page 18 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 29th September 2012, 01:34 PM
End of the World Initiate

I got a ticket for £6.50, which is standard for London I guess. It's an awful seat though, I completely forgot about it until today. Oh well, you're mainly paying for the cushy seats at the BFI anyway.
Old 29th September 2012, 01:52 PM
I am... Initiate

I REALLY hope they show it at Berlinale(Berlin Film Festival, the second most important in Europe) in early 2013 since I'm going there.
Old 9th October 2012, 01:07 PM
WHATEVER Initiate

Found the making of Helter Skelter, seems like a very interesting movie!! Evolution fits this movie well

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...Lfm2cuMfQ&NR=1
Old 9th October 2012, 01:11 PM
No way to say Initiate

when is it going to be released on DVD?? I want to buy it!

ayumi hamasaki COUNTDOWN LIVE 2012-2013 A ~WAKE UP~. Dec 29/30/31, 2012. Yoyogi National Gymnasium, Tokyo.
ayumi hamasaki 15th Anniversary TOUR ~A BEST LIVE~. Apr 13/14, 2013. Saitama Super Arena, Saitama.
ayumi hamasaki 15th Anniversary TOUR ~A BEST LIVE~. July 27/28, 2013. Yoyogi National Gymnasium, Tokyo.
ayumi hamasaki ARENA TOUR 2016 A ~MADE IN JAPAN~. May 22, 2016. XEBIO Arena, Sendai.
ayumi hamasaki ARENA TOUR 2016 A ~MADE IN JAPAN~. July 18, 2016. Osaka-Jo Hall, Osaka.
ayumi hamasaki COUNTDOWN LIVE 2016-2017 A『Just the beginning -20-』. Dec 29, 2016. Yoyogi National Gymnasium, Tokyo.
ayumi hamasaki 『Just the beginning -20- TOUR 2017』. July 15/17, 2017. Osaka-Jo Hall, Osaka
ayumi hamasaki 『Just the beginning -20- TOUR 2017』. January 9, 2018. ROHM Theatre, Kyoto
Old 9th October 2012, 01:47 PM
No way to say Initiate

Wish I could go to the showing in London but I have to work waahhhh
Old 9th October 2012, 03:06 PM
Love song H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by YUKARI View Post
when is it going to be released on DVD?? I want to buy it!
Release Date : 2012/12/21
First Press : cardboard slipcase
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=BIBJ-8227
Old 9th October 2012, 03:14 PM
No way to say Initiate

^ thank you!!

ayumi hamasaki COUNTDOWN LIVE 2012-2013 A ~WAKE UP~. Dec 29/30/31, 2012. Yoyogi National Gymnasium, Tokyo.
ayumi hamasaki 15th Anniversary TOUR ~A BEST LIVE~. Apr 13/14, 2013. Saitama Super Arena, Saitama.
ayumi hamasaki 15th Anniversary TOUR ~A BEST LIVE~. July 27/28, 2013. Yoyogi National Gymnasium, Tokyo.
ayumi hamasaki ARENA TOUR 2016 A ~MADE IN JAPAN~. May 22, 2016. XEBIO Arena, Sendai.
ayumi hamasaki ARENA TOUR 2016 A ~MADE IN JAPAN~. July 18, 2016. Osaka-Jo Hall, Osaka.
ayumi hamasaki COUNTDOWN LIVE 2016-2017 A『Just the beginning -20-』. Dec 29, 2016. Yoyogi National Gymnasium, Tokyo.
ayumi hamasaki 『Just the beginning -20- TOUR 2017』. July 15/17, 2017. Osaka-Jo Hall, Osaka
ayumi hamasaki 『Just the beginning -20- TOUR 2017』. January 9, 2018. ROHM Theatre, Kyoto
Old 9th October 2012, 03:41 PM
ourselves Initiate

ughh lucky London peeps, wish they would have it here too, but NO!

the up coming DVD version ,hope it will have the English subs
Old 13th October 2012, 03:02 AM
End of the World Initiate

Saw the film today, it was good. I enjoyed the manga more, but the film was still worth going to see. The film definitely sacrifices some of the characterisation and plot for style, I remember the manga feeling a lot fuller and complete. The detective side of the plot felt rushed and incomplete, and rather like a side note to the glamour of celebrity. Visually, it was great - loads of vivid colours and striking outfits. It almost felt like the opposite of the manga, but the same message. The film was a beautiful world, while in the manga it felt rather (intentionally) empty and lost, like Ririko. I also though the sex scenes were generally poor, although some of them later in the film were better - maybe she filmed them later? The first few just seemed really awkward and over acted, they even got a few laughs.

Also, because of the promo, you do very much feel like you're watching Erika as Erika, not Erika as Ririko the character. Not sure if this is good or bad, I'm leaning to bad because I felt like Ririko was much more interesting in the manga. Again though, the film is 100% style over substance. Everything is lifted from the manga and made into a moving photoshoot. It makes sense with the beauty fetish in the story, but that point wasn't as poignant in the film, even though the film is a quest for beauty and the downfall of the perfect beauty. Does that make sense? I expected this though, people said the same about Sakuran having good ideas, but them being overpowered by a need for style, and how it just didn't cut if for so long.

Eeer... what else? Probably give it a 7/10. I like Perfect Blue a lot lot more, which is also an idol breakdown with sex and violence, but more psychological horror than a commentary on beauty and the transience of the idol industry, so they're only casually related by idols and breakdowns.

I will say, I would DEFINITELY have enjoyed the film more if I hadn't read the manga.

Last edited by relmy; 13th October 2012 at 03:08 AM.
Old 29th October 2012, 12:23 PM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...n-and-director

Helter Skelter is being screened in LA in December at LA EigaFest!
Old 29th October 2012, 01:55 PM
MY STORY Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aderianu View Post
Release Date : 2012/12/21
First Press : cardboard slipcase
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=BIBJ-8227
On the details section it says Subtitles: none. I really, really hope we get a subtitled release! I'll be in Japan in late December so I really wanted to buy this DVD, but I won't bother if it doesn't have subs.

AYU ~Countdown Live 2012-2013 ~WAKE UP~ [29.12, 31.12], AYU ~CDL Cirque du Minuet [29.12.14], AYU TROUBLE 18-19 [05.01.19]
Maaya Sakamoto ~Mitsubachi [30.12.12] BABYMETAL [10.01.2015]

BIG BANG [21.10.2015]
Old 20th February 2013, 09:00 AM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

Hey guys! Been awhile! Anyway, after seeing the film at the stage event, and now watching it several times on Bluray (I have the Japanese Special Edition and the Hong Kong edition-which has English subs!) I have to say this is developing to be one of my all time favorite films. Like I said in my first review pages back, the film is assaulting, and takes several viewings to approach it head on. It really is a bewitching film, and with each viewing gets better and better, deeper and deeper. Great commentary on fame through the eyes of Tokyo. The acting from the whole cast is top notch and the lines of reality are just completely blurred. Living in Tokyo as a foreigner gave me the perfect eyes for the film. I know Tokyo, and yet, I can look at it form the outside in, something that Japanese may not necessarily be able to do.

Speaking of the Japanese Special Editon, there is a great deleted scene where Lilico is being interviewed for her new Single,and it is SO similar to the stage greeting event from 5 years ago that caused such controversy. It is funny it that it comments on how polite Japanese interviewers are, and how it is so similar to Erica's real life interview tantrum. Genius.

In other news Sawajiri Erica is nominated for a JAPANESE ACADEMY AWARD for Best Actress for her performance. Well deserved.

Last edited by Evolution7/4; 20th February 2013 at 09:04 AM.
Old 21st February 2013, 10:06 PM
Dolls Initiate

I just saw the movie, it was very picturesque, I was taking screenshots all the time, just to think how many different 1-second-long shots were there with different outfits, hair and make-up, I'm in awe. The first 3 min is more than 50 different scenes, counting all the magazine covers, it must have been tons of work and the final result is really good.

I like Erika despite her bad opinion and in the movie she's great altough I often had the feeling that she's more herself than playing, that her character is similar to herself. Never expect to see her breasts too :3 The scenes were pretty bold for a Japanese movie.

I'm not to happy with Ayu's Evolution in the movie, to short and 'wrong' part of the song was used but I liked how it stops abruptly and that there was more to the ending.

The only scene that was so fake it made me laugh was part of the 'knife' scene at the end, the photographers were just so fake, I believe they actuallly used a photo of them and not filmed them. When something shocking happens while you look through viewfinder you momentarily put the camera away for at least one second to check of it's happening for real, and none of them even winked.
Old 21st February 2013, 10:22 PM
ourselves Initiate

somehow I managed to find the english hardsubbed of this movie tonight!

and OMG! this never happened to me, almost like one hour watching it, I had to stop and went to take a rest, I mean my brain felt so tired because yeah theres so many scenes in the movie, the story and the character Lilico is so intense and all the sets are so dark! Like everyone in the movie is so psycho and living in their own world. I didnt read the mange, just why the manager is naive and cant she just quit from being her manager? shes so depressed and pretending to be a good manager in front of Lilico's fans, gosh!

and the guy and the woman who always watching Lilico on the TV,just who are they?

I'll finish the movie later,just too much too handle for me,

yeah her breast surprised that hadnt any censor for that wow O.o
Old 22nd February 2013, 06:25 PM
No way to say Initiate

I hope people managed to grab the link I posted before it was deleted

but I don't get how it's okay to post rips of music DVDs but it's not okay to post film DVDs? They're all protected by the same Japanese copyright and laws but that's a subject for another topic~
Old 29th October 2013, 01:36 AM
Initiate

I just watched it and OMG it was abaolutely mindblowing! Erika Sawajiri is just the perfect choice for the character (dont know if this is good or bad lol) and the rest of the cast did a really good job. Sometimes Nanigawa's photographer soul gets too obvious, but it has its good side because you get stunning images through the movie all the time. I understand why they chose evolution, Lilico kinda reminded me of ayu in some scenes. I didnt quite get the ending, can someone explain the very last scene in the bar?

Tags
浜崎 あゆみ, 浜崎あゆみ, evolution, hamasaki ayumi, helter skelter