[News] evolution - Theme song for 2012 Japanese Movie "Helter Skelter" - Page 3 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 26th April 2012, 10:00 AM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

^Yes I was hoping that too! I think the film will be very meaningful to Ayumi and to see her and Erika togetehr would be so cool!

I have to say, i think what Erika did was very immature and stupid, but i really have alot of respect for her too. She's outspoken. Something you just don't get with Japanese stars. i really like this interview with her. I think the interviewer said it perfectly She has "balls"
http://www.cnngo.com/tokyo/life/erika-sawajiri-548777

And once again, there is such a STRONG bridge between Erika in real life and her character in Helter Skelter.
Old 26th April 2012, 10:10 AM
forgiveness Initiate

Strange...

But yeah well, fun for her. I will totally go watch that movie so I guess that PR trick worked out well on me.

I kinda hope Ayu will include evolution on a summer single. I think it would boost the sales for the single some, not alot, but some. And please no new recorded evolution. I'm more than pleased with the original version. Her voice have kind of grown out of that song imo.

[Video] Key ~eternal tie ver.~_______LJ Blog________[Video] A History
[BIG SALE! Ayu CDs/DVDs/Goods/Ayupans and more!]
AHS married to Maro
~13/1-2010~

Spoiler:
We had such a nice time. We started dating in t2m PV, took it slow you know, let our love grow. Then it got really serious in 2008. Then after AT2009 we moved in together. It was lovely. Then on AT2010 he asked me to marry him. He was such a sweet. And Ayu gave us our blessings. She was also such a sweet. Now me and Maro are such a sweets together. Aaaw, how time flies.
Old 26th April 2012, 10:16 AM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evolution7/4 View Post
^Yes I was hoping that too! I think the film will be very meaningful to Ayumi and to see her and Erika togetehr would be so cool!

I have to say, i think what Erika did was very immature and stupid, but i really have alot of respect for her too. She's outspoken. Something you just don't get with Japanese stars. i really like this interview with her. I think the interviewer said it perfectly She has "balls"
http://www.cnngo.com/tokyo/life/erika-sawajiri-548777

And once again, there is such a STRONG bridge between Erika in real life and her character in Helter Skelter.
I don't follow Erika, so I don't know about her... but while reading the manga it was impossible not having Ayu in mind... The pressure to be pretty and young, people complaining she looks too fake and over-plastic now, the whole "she was cool but she isn't anymore" thing we are always reading, and all the fighting she went through to stay as herself, and not as a character created by her agency on the jpop market... Girl has balls...

Also, it fits perfectly the Party Queen era, as it also discuss this to some extent...

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 26th April 2012, 10:19 AM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

^Oh yes most definitely. The whole lonely queen is the perfect fit in the mangas themes (Note I wasn't saying there wasn't a bridge between the character and Ayu I was just referring to Erika at the time

Although for those who read the manga, I am sure Ayu nor Erika are *really fully like the character. I hope in the film they will make Erika's character more likeable. Throughout the manga, I would sometimes find myself pitying the main character, but then suddenly just seeing her as inhuman. (Although maybe that was the whole point, the exact feelings we have with celebrities!!)

Last edited by Evolution7/4; 26th April 2012 at 10:25 AM.
Old 26th April 2012, 10:24 AM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

^Well, japanese stars tend to be kicked from the public eyes before going so far on their self destruction... But people like Britney, Whitney, Michael, Rihanna, Amy and the suiciding kpop stars also came to my mind while reading it...

Old 26th April 2012, 10:27 AM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

^Yes exactly. Like these great artists who deteriorate and do horrible things to themselves...It is such a compelling theme and something I am fascinated by. But I do not think we will see Ayu or Erika raping people or forcing them to throw acid in other peoples faces lol
Old 26th April 2012, 10:30 AM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

I can see Ayu raping people :x lol
But really... I don't think Ayu ever lost touch with reality to this extent... (I also don't believe she is all made of plastic surgery). I don't really know Erika, but from that interview u linked, she seens to be a very clever girl, someone who knows where she is and what she is dealing with...

Thinking about it now, the 00s had a lot of big ball jpop girls...

Old 26th April 2012, 10:33 AM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

^Exactly. Like as many things as go wrong with them, they have never lost touch with reality. They stay somehow grounded you know? Thats what makes AYu so compelling. And I know people will go on for days about plastic surgery debates, but imo, she has not had any except her venners.
Old 26th April 2012, 12:11 PM
No way to say Initiate

wow Erika and Ayu at the same project... hmmm this will gain people's attention for sure

ayumi hamasaki COUNTDOWN LIVE 2012-2013 A ~WAKE UP~. Dec 29/30/31, 2012. Yoyogi National Gymnasium, Tokyo.
ayumi hamasaki 15th Anniversary TOUR ~A BEST LIVE~. Apr 13/14, 2013. Saitama Super Arena, Saitama.
ayumi hamasaki 15th Anniversary TOUR ~A BEST LIVE~. July 27/28, 2013. Yoyogi National Gymnasium, Tokyo.
ayumi hamasaki ARENA TOUR 2016 A ~MADE IN JAPAN~. May 22, 2016. XEBIO Arena, Sendai.
ayumi hamasaki ARENA TOUR 2016 A ~MADE IN JAPAN~. July 18, 2016. Osaka-Jo Hall, Osaka.
ayumi hamasaki COUNTDOWN LIVE 2016-2017 A『Just the beginning -20-』. Dec 29, 2016. Yoyogi National Gymnasium, Tokyo.
ayumi hamasaki 『Just the beginning -20- TOUR 2017』. July 15/17, 2017. Osaka-Jo Hall, Osaka
ayumi hamasaki 『Just the beginning -20- TOUR 2017』. January 9, 2018. ROHM Theatre, Kyoto
Old 26th April 2012, 12:30 PM
POWDER SNOW Initiate

Aren't the two supposedly friends or something? They did meet at Leslie Kee Super exhibition last year

I think it's nice to see that Ayu is emotionally attached to evolution. I always wished the single reached million sales status.
Old 26th April 2012, 01:31 PM
End of the World Initiate

This is pretty cool.

No need for a new version though, would be pointless using an old classic if it just got remade. I don't think her new vocals suit it at all anyway. Why change perfection?
Old 26th April 2012, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrenekoi View Post
If someone is interested:
http://www.mangarush.com/manga/helter-skelter
It displays cursing, nudity, sex and some violence, so, if you are not confortable with this kind of stuff, keep distance

The manga can be read here...
It fits Ayu very well IMO^^
Thanks, I think I will read it!
Old 26th April 2012, 02:57 PM
SURREAL Initiate

Doesn't care much about the movie and why use evolution instead ask Ayu to make a new song. I just want to see her appearance in movie premier, watch her dress, hair do, shoes, and stuff like that.
Old 26th April 2012, 03:17 PM
Beautiful Day Initiate

Erika Sawajiri... Well, this is interesting...but the movie's R15+ (mature audiences?)...
Old 26th April 2012, 03:40 PM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

that's really cool news!
Old 26th April 2012, 03:50 PM
SURREAL H-Initiate

I wonder how the theme will be used.

Like, for instance, will they make the film one of those films where you don't know when it takes place? By using a song from the early 2000's, a manga created in the 90's, and a modern setting, it kind of makes it applicable for all generations.

Also, when and how much the song will be used. Only once? Or will it be a recurrent song. If anyone has ever seen Suicide Club/Circle, they use a band's music video throughout the entire film, either in the background or foreground. I wonder if it'll be similar to this. Or if it'll be just at the beginning. (The ending theme is being sung by a different singer, so it won't be used then.)

"Remember, don't let others dictate your music taste. If you like whatever you're listening to, keep listening to it."

Old 26th April 2012, 04:16 PM
WHATEVER Initiate

What a great news?

But why they dont use ayu's new songs from Party Queen?
Old 26th April 2012, 04:18 PM
Kana×Shin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayumisrael View Post

The film will premiere in Japan on July 14."
July 15 is my birthday

Quote:
@ayu_19980408: ♡RT @lesliekeesuper: 出逢いは友情と希望のきっかけだね!あゆ♡実花♡エリカ日本女性最強コラボ!RT @ayu_19980408 テーマソングやらせて頂きます♪ 沢尻エリカ主演「ヘルタースケルター」3年ぶり映画テーマ曲
*WARNING* 18+ (mature audience)
ヘルタースケルター

Last edited by Kana×Shin; 26th April 2012 at 04:38 PM.
Old 26th April 2012, 04:24 PM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokyoxjapanxfan View Post
I wonder how the theme will be used.

Like, for instance, will they make the film one of those films where you don't know when it takes place? By using a song from the early 2000's, a manga created in the 90's, and a modern setting, it kind of makes it applicable for all generations.

Also, when and how much the song will be used. Only once? Or will it be a recurrent song. If anyone has ever seen Suicide Club/Circle, they use a band's music video throughout the entire film, either in the background or foreground. I wonder if it'll be similar to this. Or if it'll be just at the beginning. (The ending theme is being sung by a different singer, so it won't be used then.)
That film is too much , i couldnt even handle it . It is a mixture of despair, sadness, gore, psychological ...
Old 26th April 2012, 04:42 PM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

I LOVE Suicide Circle it took me a few watches to really "get it" and get desensitized to the violence, but each viewing is now so much more revealing, such a good film!
I personally could see evolution being used throughout the entire film. I still can't get over how genius this is!!

Tags
浜崎 あゆみ, 浜崎あゆみ, evolution, hamasaki ayumi, helter skelter