Rainbow Cover and Article (Updated with New Pic on 12/10) - Page 3 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 9th December 2002, 12:02 PM
Trauma Initiate

Ayu Cover With feather much better.

well, altough some all the people prefer the official cover, but deep in my heart i prefer the cover were Ayu using Rainbow feather in her neck.
But beside it all.....Ayu is CharMinG!
Old 9th December 2002, 12:18 PM
independent+ Advisor

ayu'zlil}{anabi, thanks so much for the translation! As for the part where they were talking about Hikki, the article was just talking about how Hikki's husband would not be directing her next video. The director is some guy from the UK.

Ok, back to Ayu. AyuRlz, the album Rainbow will be released Dec. 18 but they were speculating on when the first single of 2003 might come out.

I think this is a very interesting idea! They have the music all done and Ayu wants help from her fans to create the lyrics! That's a really nice idea! It'll bring her a lot of attention and publicity for this! It's great!
Old 9th December 2002, 05:15 PM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally posted by AyuRlz
isn't it dec 18???
dec 18 is ayu's 5th album
<<RAINBOW>> is gonna be released as a SINGLE next year
Old 9th December 2002, 07:47 PM
Biscuitgirl

Yeah, that is kinda confusing. Isn't "Rainbow" also the name of the song that Ayu wants fans to help her write?
Old 9th December 2002, 08:12 PM
independent+ Advisor

The song is titled "Rainbow" but maybe the single itself will have a different name. It would be strange to have a single and an album both named "Rainbow."
Old 9th December 2002, 08:37 PM
Biscuitgirl

Yeah, that wouldn't make any sense!
Old 9th December 2002, 09:12 PM
girlish H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally posted by babyayumi
cannot be that late.... the most is up till january~
The first album cut released after "I am.. " was released in march, so late february is definately a possibility.

Also, I've been thinking the "Rainbow" single for a few days. Does this mean that there won't be any album cuts for singles? Because usually the first couple of singles released after and album are album cuts, and album cuts are always 10 track singles with a different remix for the title track. I wouldn't be suprised if Avex was just trying to screw us out of singles on the album cut.

I really don't like the "Rainbow" idea because that's just confusing that "Rainbow" won't be on "Rainbow". Hopefully, at the very least they'll name the single something else, but it would be even better if the single wasn't called "Rainbow".

Ashley
Old 9th December 2002, 09:51 PM
Two of us Initiate

whoooooa , wait a sec, the first article said that Ayu posed nude for the cover??? is that for real?? Ayu never poses nude, altho I love the cover ^^
Old 9th December 2002, 11:03 PM
End roll Initiate

no.. the <<rainbow>> i waz talkin bout was the single.. but then once again.. i dunno how her album can be called rainbow while her first single after that is also gonna be called rainbow..
Old 9th December 2002, 11:04 PM
Biscuitgirl

Can't you see she's naked??? She ain't wearin' nothin'!

And Ashley,

Yeah, the whole "Rainbow" not being on "Rainbow" irks me, too. I'd almost rather wait for the single to come out so it can be on the album. Maybe the site will feature a special way for purchasers to burn the finished "Rainbow" onto the cd - or maybe "Rainbow" is the secret track. I don't know. Who knows anymore?
Old 9th December 2002, 11:11 PM
LOVE~Destiny~H-Initiate

i think she's definitely wearin sth...it maybe just computer effects...maybe she's wearin tight swimsuit or sth.....

'cus the picture we see here..looks very much like a computer image

btw watz an album cut?

Thanks Omega Prime for the ava!!! And Delirium-Zer0 for reviving it!!
Old 9th December 2002, 11:17 PM
LOVE~Destiny~H-Initiate

thx for the translation ayu'zlil}{anabi!

btw can u show us where u find that chinese article? i wanna read it 2!!

thx thx =)

Thanks Omega Prime for the ava!!! And Delirium-Zer0 for reviving it!!
Old 9th December 2002, 11:24 PM
girlish H-Initiate

An album cut is a song that's already been released on an album being released on a single. i.e. Daybreak.

Album Cuts feature remixes of songs as well a different remix for the title track, all of whcih are in an effort to sell more copies. They're limited editon.

Ashley
Old 9th December 2002, 11:32 PM
no more words Initiate

Quote:
Originally posted by mimika
i think she's definitely wearin sth...it maybe just computer effects...maybe she's wearin tight swimsuit or sth.....

'cus the picture we see here..looks very much like a computer image

btw watz an album cut?
An album cut is the release of a song from the album as a single after the album is released. For example, Daybreak was an album cut from I am. . . , SURREAL was an album cut from Duty, appears was an album cut from LOVEppears, etc.

Does it really matter if she's wearing clothes or not? She appears to be naked, but it's nothing worth starting a big debate about. I assume that before the pics were taken she was wearing a robe or something to cover herself up with. The articles say that the photographer was the only one who was allowed to see her so she probably was covered up with the other crew around.
Old 9th December 2002, 11:51 PM
girlish H-Initiate

yeah, it's not like she's showing anything on the cover, and plus, most likely she's wearing underwear. Let me put it this way, there are a lot a crew involved in a photo shoot, a lot of them are probably older guys, so you don't want to be more naked than absolutely necessary. LOL!

Who knows what's inside the booklet though..

Ashley
Old 10th December 2002, 12:26 AM
POWDER SNOW Initiate

I like the whole idea of the "RAINBOW" single and I don't think it's a bad idea for the album and single to have the same name. The only thing bad about it would be the fact that avex might not do the recut singles, which would totally suck. Or maybe they'll surprise us and start making 10-track singles again. I doubt it though.. We can always hope =D
Old 10th December 2002, 12:55 AM
TO BE Initiate

Eeks, you guys can never stop feuding over insignificant matters can you?

Ayu IS nude on the cover, please read the article carefully again, the one posted on another thread.

It is perfectly normal to have an album and a single of the same titles, happens all the time.

AND the fact that the track RAINBOW isn't on the album is simply due to careful capitalisation, so eeryone like you and I will go, "Whoa! I simply must get my hands on the limited pressing in order to listen to this song!"

So stop these pointless arguments, it is sickening to come to this forum and see that half the posts are either lame senseless remarks or arguments over trivial matters.
Old 10th December 2002, 01:06 AM
independent+ Advisor

It seems like more of a discussion than an argument to me, but everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Here is another version of this pic that's of a higher quality. Thanks to helen at AGN for this.

Old 10th December 2002, 01:09 AM
Biscuitgirl

Look, we aren't arguing about anything. You don't need to get so heated. People are simply expressing their opinions. It is a very intriguing matter. So please don't chastise us for expressing our opinions. That is exactly what this forum is for!
Old 10th December 2002, 01:11 AM
girlish H-Initiate

We're not arguing.

What does capitialization have to do with anything?

Of course we'd want to here the song, and nothing has been said about it being limited.

Ashley