[News] ayumi hamasaki 21st anniversary -POWER of A^3 II - Page 12 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 10th April 2019, 07:34 AM
Initiate

started watching this, why is the music SO loud during Duty? You could barely hear her voice,. The visuals on the screen are amazing tho
Old 10th April 2019, 11:34 AM
still alone Initiate

Spoiler:

Verified
21周年Party▶️2️⃣

#さいたまスーパーアリーナ
#エーキューブ
#A^3
#4月6日7日

Photo by @masayukikamo
Old 10th April 2019, 01:26 PM
Initiate

After listening to the whole show again (audio only) at work, I like it even more than I did originally, despite the sucky vocals. There are still parts and songs on the setlist I don’t like, but I would definitely buy the dvd if they can do a decent job and not CDL2015-16 it.
Old 10th April 2019, 01:48 PM
Initiate

BRILLANTE japanese creepy style is so much more magical than the original creepy style

Last edited by KPL; 10th April 2019 at 01:57 PM.
Old 10th April 2019, 03:16 PM
Because of You Initiate

I thought laundry machine was the only joke.
However, we have something else to laugh at in 2019. Thank u, ayu.

Put my mouth on the lyrics like CPR

Old 10th April 2019, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teppei-chan View Post
I'm sorry but I had to laugh on the last picture XD the Outfit the dancers reminds me of work cloths the waste collectors in Germany wears. Now I can not unseren this anymore XD

Still have to watch the Concert but it's interessting to read what everyone to say about it
Because of this my (German) friend and I laughed so hard at the concert. We were like wtf? O.O
Old 10th April 2019, 07:58 PM
Two of us Initiate

Calvin Klein started this construction workers collection trend few years ago.
Old 10th April 2019, 08:55 PM
I am... Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLJames View Post
i know u guys gonna skip this part, but i wanna say, this time im so happy with PoA^3 ver of "Born To Be..." performance, mainly because the first half part they pay tribute to the PV infamous yellow spotlight scene, love it!
I noticed this too! It was a nice touch.
Old 10th April 2019, 09:01 PM
Voyage Initiate

I watched the concert - thank you guys for posting the link. It's the first live broadcast I've watched in full from Ayu.

I'll get the negative stuff out of the way first which was the lack of the band and Ayu's vocals. I would say a live band is a must for me (although to be fair I got used to Namie not having a band) and Ayu especially as I've become attached to the members over the years. I always get a little worried that when her band isn't there that this is the start of them appearing less and less even if I don't think this is going to be the case!

The vocals weren't great and she relied on a lot of backing track. I do wonder if this is going be how she is going to sound going forward. I get it as she's never been known for her vocals in the first place, probably doesn't have a good technique, has been touring for the best part of 20 years and you have her hearing issues to add to that! I hope her vocals can improve on the next tour though.

Onto the positives!

I loved the choir, taiko drums and string section. I wasn't a fan of the drums when she's used them in the past but they worked so well here especially in Brillante Speaking of, I'm always chuffed when she performs Brillante as I always figured it would be a song she would perform once and that's it.

The choir sounded so good in Walking Proud! I'd definitely be up for album of re-recorded songs.

The setlist was great and I thought she sounded best on Bold & Delicious and Born To Be (has she ever performed these songs together before?) What a combo! Although I would like to see her do the original version of B&D again, I did really enjoy the new arrangement this time round.

I loved Yongae!

I was getting a bit tired of the Lelio/XOXO medley so the Sparkle/NaNaNa/etc medley sounded great! (Although they do drag Sparkle out a bit for my liking)

The show just looked great in general. I thought the dancers had some better choreography too.

So bring on the upcoming tour!
Old 10th April 2019, 10:29 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

^Her dancers really are getting better choreography latelu! About the vocals, she most likely was sick or tired, as she sounded way better on the first date, so I don't think this is how she will sound from now on when she is healthy.

And the B&D + Btb... combo was used before on both POMs

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 11th April 2019, 03:36 AM
LIMIT Initiate

you know I'm wondering if the 4.6 show that I attended was the exception and if all these torturing vocals are the norm now...
Old 11th April 2019, 07:12 AM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

^ Don't worry it's not the norm, the shows I attended in 2016 weren't that great in terms of vocals because of the screaming but it was okay, however the shows I attended in 2018 had really great vocals.

arena tour 2016 ~M(A)DE IN JAPAN~ @ Yoyogi : 08/07 & 09/07
arena tour 2018 ~POWER of MUSIC 20th anniversary~ @ Osaka-jô hall : 21/07 & 22/07
COUNTDOWN LIVE 2023-2024 A ~A COMPLETE 25~ @ Yoyogi : 30/12 & 31/12

浜崎あゆみ ~since 2009~
tumblr ; last.fm

Old 11th April 2019, 07:49 AM
opening Run Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by attractive nausea View Post
^ Don't worry it's not the norm, the shows I attended in 2016 weren't that great in terms of vocals because of the screaming but it was okay, however the shows I attended in 2018 had really great vocals.
She screamed less in those?
Old 11th April 2019, 11:52 AM
still alone Initiate

Spoiler:

21周年Party▶️3️⃣

#WhatWasUrFavOutfit
#さいたまスーパーアリーナ
#エーキューブ
#A^3
#4月6日7日

Photo by @masayukikamo
Old 11th April 2019, 01:41 PM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris85 View Post
She screamed less in those?
Honestly yes. BRILLANTE in 2016 was ruined vocally by a lot of screaming but BRILLANTE in 2018 was great!

arena tour 2016 ~M(A)DE IN JAPAN~ @ Yoyogi : 08/07 & 09/07
arena tour 2018 ~POWER of MUSIC 20th anniversary~ @ Osaka-jô hall : 21/07 & 22/07
COUNTDOWN LIVE 2023-2024 A ~A COMPLETE 25~ @ Yoyogi : 30/12 & 31/12

浜崎あゆみ ~since 2009~
tumblr ; last.fm

Old 11th April 2019, 02:03 PM
opening Run Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by attractive nausea View Post
Honestly yes. BRILLANTE in 2016 was ruined vocally by a lot of screaming but BRILLANTE in 2018 was great!
Cool! My best live Ayu experiences probably were "part of Me" acoustic version from CDL 2013-2014 and "HAPPY ENDING" from Arena Tour 2015. 2 super rare cases when she didn't scream.
Old 11th April 2019, 03:20 PM
ayu trance Initiate

The show I went in Nakano Sunplaza in February, her vocals were AMAZING. I was completely shocked of how good she sounded in every single song. And I think it was my favorite concert of her (I've been to 7 in total).

About the construction outfits I was shocked when I came to Tokyo and saw all this young guys wearing it. It's definitely the trend now. As someone pointed, Calvin Klein is doing it and also all the fast fashion brands released their version.

ARENA TOUR 2015 A Cirque de Minuit ~Mayonaka no Circus~ @ Saitama Super Arena 2015.04.11/12
ARENA TOUR 2018 ~POWER of MUSIC 20th Anniversary~ @ Saitama Super Arena 2018.04.07
Tokyo Rainbow Pride @ Yoyogi Park 2018.05.06
a-nation' 2018 @ Ajinomoto Stadium 2018.08.26
LIVE TOUR -TROUBLE- 2018-2019 A @ Nakano Sunplaza 2019.02.06
ayumi hamasaki 21st anniversary -POWER of A^3- @ Saitama Super Arena 2019.04.07
Old 11th April 2019, 03:31 PM
opening Run Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedronekoi View Post
The show I went in Nakano Sunplaza in February, her vocals were AMAZING. I was completely shocked of how good she sounded in every single song.
Sounds too good to be true :-P Did you record audio of any song?
Old 11th April 2019, 04:04 PM
BEST Initiate

I've seen Ayu 5 times over the years, and honestly I've never been to a performance that her vocals were not good. In order of best to worst, I think I would rate them:

1 - TA 2015 (Birthday Date). She struggled a tiny bit with the high notes in Unite and maybe Heartplace was a little scream-y, but that was all.
2 - PoM 2018 (Fukuoka). Her vocals were great the entire show, and I can't think of a single song that sounded forced or like she was struggling.
3 - TA 2016 (Day Before Finale). Strong vocals again, but her voice was a little thinner on the acapella of Teddy Bear. She also relied on backing track a lot for this tour.
4 - TA 2016 (Finale). Not much change from the day before, but a little bit worse.
5 - CDL 04-05 (Day Before NYE). Her vocals were good here, but I think she lipsynced Duty and M pretty obviously (the sound levels were completely different). Her pitch was really good in this show, and overall I have no complaints...but she was sort of in a transitional phase of her voice where she was moving into her deeper register, but wasn't quite there yet. So while I love songs like Carols, I think they have a unique vocal quality to them that I can't quite compare to after this time when her voice settled in a deeper place.
Old 11th April 2019, 04:56 PM
walking proud Initiate

^ Interesting how people hear the same things but have different opinions. I went to the exact same TA 2016 date and thought the vocals were just okay.

You are right about CDL 04-05 - It's one of my favorite countdown lives, but she did lip sync at least Duty and M. She is lip synching to the exact same recording that she used at the Asia Song festival for M.

I would have to say her best vocals that I saw live were in 2005 and 2006. 2007 had a sharp decline and since then I adjusted my expectations. Though she seems to have some random great years at times since then; 2010 and 2015 really stick out as being very vocally strong.

Tags
a cube, power of a^3