New single MOON / blossom 7/14, 1st part of 3 single project [VII] - Page 2 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 5th July 2010, 04:55 AM
Who... Initiate

WTF is going on...?! I'm with ExodusUK at this point
Old 5th July 2010, 05:00 AM
Memorial address (take 2 version) Initiate

oooh guys, watch your words or else the patrol will get you!
Old 5th July 2010, 05:11 AM
(don't) Leave me alone Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranma Matsuri View Post
Yeah, I can understand Ayu being busy and all but like you said the next best thing would be to have the actual PV by now. MOON is a very Japanese song but that doesn't matter much if it doesn't get any attention. Avex must really have a lot of (unrealistic) faith in the fans because less than 2 weeks away from the release and we're still pretty much the only ones who know about it. I have a lot of faith in Ayu maintaining the streak but this really isn't looking so good right now.
I know! I just want to know wtf they're thinking. This isn't the way to release things.. it was the same with RnRC.. we finally got more info when we were fed up with waiting and weren't even eager for it anymore.
Old 5th July 2010, 05:14 AM
Rock'n'Roll Circus Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by identity View Post
I know! I just want to know wtf they're thinking. This isn't the way to release things.. it was the same with RnRC.. we finally got more info when we were fed up with waiting and weren't even eager for it anymore.
I was definitely still excited for it...and that album is amazing.
It's hard to have faith in ****ing Avex though.

教えてよねぇあなたならこの時代をどう生きる
Ayu Concerts I've Attended:
Arena Tour 2013: A BEST LIVE
Arena Tour 2015: Cirque de Minuit
Arena Tour 2016: MADE IN JAPAN

You can find me on the gram: https://www.instagram.com/b_utifulfighter/
Old 5th July 2010, 05:22 AM
Boys & Girls Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtop View Post
I don't know, but after all that I am hearing about with the promotion situation, apparently Ayu and Avex is playing on a "risky" strategy again... And, we still have to worry about this - there's still a possibility that Arashi's "To be free" single during its second week could actually outsell Ayu's single...
to make things more optimistic, no single has been able to stay at #1 for more than a week since 2008 and the chances of a single staying at #1 for 2 weeks is like 1/100 chance of happening. if arashi's upcoming single was to sell similar to "everything" (340K first week, 33K second week), then ayu could easily take #1 for the week if she can sell around 60K-70K first week
Old 5th July 2010, 05:28 AM
Daybreak Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by identity View Post
lol I thought the news on RnRC was really late so that wasn't just me being really late as usual?

Thank you, Mirrorcle Heaven*

**~Idororu Rabu~**

Koharu Kusumi Tomomi Itano Karin Miyamoto
Meimi Tamura Ayaka Komatsu Kanon Suzuki

Old 5th July 2010, 05:37 AM
count down Initiate

I honestly this arrangement for MOON/blossom is just a horrible fail... a complete mess. Ayu's media management team needs to get it together asap man.

YAYAYAYA GAGAGAGA DADADADA WOWOWOWO

Old 5th July 2010, 05:37 AM
glitter Initiate

lol okay.

I don't see anything wrong if they "delay" the release of the pv a few days... even I wouldn't mind getting it a week before the single is released. After that I would then start freaking out xD

Either way, we are going to get it, and I guess AVEX is trying different marketing strategies?? I don't know.

performing MOON so many times at her concerts wasn't just for nothing.

EDIT: Whats interesting is that ayu seems to have disappeared all these days lol no TA messages... and her twitters are all meh... she should be using those ways to keep their fans aware that the single is coming out next week at least. Anyway I'm not reaaally worried....

Last edited by SURREAL__RAINBOW; 5th July 2010 at 05:41 AM.
Old 5th July 2010, 05:49 AM
Daybreak Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SURREAL__RAINBOW View Post
lol okay.

I don't see anything wrong if they "delay" the release of the pv a few days... even I wouldn't mind getting it a week before the single is released. After that I would then start freaking out xD

Either way, we are going to get it, and I guess AVEX is trying different marketing strategies?? I don't know.

performing MOON so many times at her concerts wasn't just for nothing.

EDIT: Whats interesting is that ayu seems to have disappeared all these days lol no TA messages... and her twitters are all meh... she should be using those ways to keep their fans aware that the single is coming out next week at least. Anyway I'm not reaaally worried....
I get what you're saying but I think the problem most have here (myself included) is that all of the promo has been directed at the fans when we are already aware of this single. We've been following it since it was announced, made preorders, heard the live of MOON at the concerts, seen the tweets, messages, etc. so she doesn't need to promote to us. She needs to promote to the people that doesn't follow everything she does, that doesn't go to the concerts, that doesn't see the tweets which is pretty much everyone outside of the fanbase. We can get her a Daily #1 and possibly a Weekly #2 but to get that Weekly #1 she's going to need those causal listener sales.

And I hope the sudden "disappearance" from Twitter and TA means we can expect something to happen this week.

Thank you, Mirrorcle Heaven*

**~Idororu Rabu~**

Koharu Kusumi Tomomi Itano Karin Miyamoto
Meimi Tamura Ayaka Komatsu Kanon Suzuki

Old 5th July 2010, 06:14 AM
SCAR Initiate

MOON PV should be out by hopefully this Wednesday. One week of heavy rotation should help at least. For all intensive purposes.. this PV was filmed ages ago. It would be done by now, they are just sitting on it for some unknown reason.
Old 5th July 2010, 07:01 AM
LIKE A CRYSTAL H-Initiate

both A-sides have relatively good product tie in's but still I agree , it's not enough

she needs to get on TV to perform this single . It's a bit weird this time round everything from the covers to even the MOON PV hae been delayed big time but yet the single's going to be out next Wed

other artistes who're releasing singles on the same week as her , more or less their PVs for their material were out probably 2 if not 3 weeks earlier & coupled that with a lot of TV & radio promotions too :O

Also on ARASHI if not any Johnny's in general , their 1st week sales for their material are usually really strong & they can nosedive in sales in the 2nd & following weeks to come

it's a bit worrying that next week of all people that ayumi's going up against will be BOOWY's lead singer Himuro Kyosuke who's releasing his 1st solo single BANG THE BEAT in 4 years

I don't know how his solo material performs in general but he's a jrock legend even up to now even though BOOWY has disbanded a long time ago so he might be someone to look out for

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

My JPop Blog | My Twitter | BRZ Thread 47 | BRZ LiveJournal | BRZ Official Site

Last edited by KarenPang; 5th July 2010 at 07:03 AM.
Old 5th July 2010, 08:15 AM
Virgin Road Initiate

wow...i remember BOOWY!!! wow...i don't know that there are solo project from the vocalist...hmm it will be one of huge obstacle for ayu getting number one position, and Arashi is so strong now...

but i must believe on ayu fans at Japan that they will do anything to make sure that she will get number one position....

Ayumi Hamasaki...Queen of my life...

Old 5th July 2010, 08:15 AM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExodusUK View Post
**** this single, seriously....*over it*
Good, now go away

Follow me @njanjayrp

Old 5th July 2010, 08:17 AM
glitter Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExodusUK View Post
**** this single, seriously....*over it*
lol @ u pretending that you even cared about this single in the first place x)
Old 5th July 2010, 08:24 AM
A Song for XX Initiate

Honestly, so what if she doesn't get #1 for the week? It's not the freaking end of the world just because her streak breaks. It should really just be about her songs and if less people buy it, then so be it.

SO WHAT.
Old 5th July 2010, 08:25 AM
Dolls Initiate

I really hope there will be some type of promotion...the single is gonna be released next wednesday and there's no update on magazine or tv performances. I really want to see ayu perform MOON on tv...
Old 5th July 2010, 08:28 AM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirrorcle View Post
Honestly, so what if she doesn't get #1 for the week? It's not the freaking end of the world just because her streak breaks. It should really just be about her songs and if less people buy it, then so be it.

SO WHAT.
No one said it's the end of the world, but come on we all know AVEX won't let the streak break now...

Follow me @njanjayrp

Old 5th July 2010, 08:29 AM
glitter Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayumiko View Post
I really hope there will be some type of promotion...the single is gonna be released next wednesday and there's no update on magazine or tv performances. I really want to see ayu perform MOON on tv...
yeah me too! MOON live would be awesome... she did a good job performing that song
Old 5th July 2010, 08:30 AM
LIKE A CRYSTAL H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyuGAME View Post
wow...i remember BOOWY!!! wow...i don't know that there are solo project from the vocalist...hmm it will be one of huge obstacle for ayu getting number one position, and Arashi is so strong now...

but i must believe on ayu fans at Japan that they will do anything to make sure that she will get number one position....
the last time Himuro Kyosuke released a solo single was 4 years ago

in general I don't know how his solo material perform/sells but hey he's the lead singer of 1 of Jrock's most influential jrock bands so ...

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

My JPop Blog | My Twitter | BRZ Thread 47 | BRZ LiveJournal | BRZ Official Site

Old 5th July 2010, 08:32 AM
rainy day Initiate

It's not like we'll hate Ayu if she loses the #1 streak. It's just the fact that she's so close to breaking Seiko's record. There is nothing wrong with rooting for her.
Closed Thread

Tags
浜崎あゆみ, ayumi, hamasaki ayumi, moon / blossom, moon/blossom