[Namie Amuro] You Know She's Always Photo-genic 2015.06.10 on sale! ♛86th thread♛ - Page 7 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Music Forums > Asian Music Chat > Artists & Bands

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 1st May 2015, 04:53 PM
Beautiful Day Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocopockymaster View Post

Lemme just...go listen to LOVE TRiCKY again.
Someone already used the Liz Lemon gif oh well..
Lemme listen to it too, I need to feel better. I also calmed down with my preorder in the end, I didn't cancel it. The songs aren't as bad as I thought and they might be growers.

Maybe you should change the title of the LOVE TRiCKY download thread to "Album of the year"

Last edited by Delicious n Bold; 1st May 2015 at 05:06 PM.
Old 1st May 2015, 05:03 PM
Heartplace Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocopockymaster View Post
I'm always here for a good club-banger or a fun song about going out with the girls or whatever...but I didn't need an entire album full half-assed attempts at trying to pull that off (with unintelligible lyrics, to boot).

Ugh. I was so excited for this album. Somebody hold me. :'(
Right. Ugh. I know she's just a pop-tart and not meant to be ~profound~ and ~artistic~ but she's now making entire albums out of a language she doesn't even understand. tbh Namie's music/"artistry" has always been the most vapid of the jpop queens since she doesn't have like any input into it, but she's reaching whole new levels of pop puppetry these past few albums lmao.

The lyrics are nonsensical at parts too. They don't even sound like they were written by a native speaker? I mean we have gems like:

Quote:
Getting into my car,
or we'll let him wait
???

Do words even mean things?

Quote:
I hear them talking 'bout us, that we don't belong here
Guess it would make me sad but no, I don't care
????????????????????

Actually, this whole second track sounds like it was written by someone who took a few English courses and figured out that words can sort of rhyme sometimes.

Her target audience won't pick up on how awful the lyrics are but they're gonna bother the fuck out of me lmao.
Old 1st May 2015, 05:16 PM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

Absolutely love the previews! my fav is definitely photogenic, Fashionista and stranger! i have no problem with the direction that she is taking with the album. feels lik feel upgraded part 2 version. pretty sure that she's not going back to her past future and pre era anytime soon. but still loving the queen!
Old 1st May 2015, 05:20 PM
Lelio Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Punks View Post
Right. Ugh. I know she's just a pop-tart and not meant to be ~profound~ and ~artistic~ but she's now making entire albums out of a language she doesn't even understand. tbh Namie's music/"artistry" has always been the most vapid of the jpop queens since she doesn't have like any input into it, but she's reaching whole new levels of pop puppetry these past few albums lmao.

The lyrics are nonsensical at parts too. They don't even sound like they were written by a native speaker? I mean we have gems like:

???

Do words even mean things?

????????????????????

Actually, this whole second track sounds like it was written by someone who took a few English courses and figured out that words can sort of rhyme sometimes.

Her target audience won't pick up on how awful the lyrics are but they're gonna bother the fuck out of me lmao.
The problem is that her target audience is Japan and they couldn't care less what she is singing about in English (since they mostly don't understand and can't figure the words/pharses/grammer/meanings) out. She will just keep selling good there regardless.

I love most of the stuff from the previews (I wish she would actually collaborate with David Guetta).

I also think that some of the lyrics are kinda repetitive and meaningless which bothers me a little. With namie I'm not looking for anyting breathtaking regarding lyrics but I could swear I heard a lot of phrases already in other songs she did. Music is not her problem at all but since she sings in it, she has to step up her game with the lyrics for her up beat songs (most songs).

Actually Anything sound like it will be her best English ballad (at least something).

Anyway I can't wait for the full stuff!
Old 1st May 2015, 05:25 PM
Beautiful Day Initiate

It's kinda sad they don't care. I have absolute OCD for grammar correctness. Not like punctuation but you won't see me say "I going to store" or "Thanks for give downloading album". I mean if it's not your native language it's ok but if they're gonna insist on putting English in a mainstream album they should at least have it proof read.
That being said Namie one again says "croud" instead of "cloud". Am I a bad person if I say "croud" and even "crub"? Mwuahaha
When I went to Japan I always said "let's go crubbing". Namie, her power and influence!
Old 1st May 2015, 05:31 PM
Memorial address (take 2 version) Initiate

Burst into frames!

^ I forget which track I heard that gem in but it was from the latter half of the album lol
Old 1st May 2015, 05:38 PM
forgiveness Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delicious n Bold View Post
It's kinda sad they don't care. I have absolute OCD for grammar correctness. Not like punctuation but you won't see me say "I going to store" or "Thanks for give downloading album". I mean if it's not your native language it's ok but if they're gonna insist on putting English in a mainstream album they should at least have it proof read.
That being said Namie one again says "croud" instead of "cloud". Am I a bad person if I say "croud" and even "crub"? Mwuahaha
When I went to Japan I always said "let's go crubbing". Namie, her power and influence!
English is not my mother language but I love it, it made me became a sort of Grammar Nazi around here lol and when I listen to Namie's full blown Engrish I can't help but cringe, I actually remember singing songs like Let Me Let You Go or Hands On Me on correct pronunciation while banging her track and it felt weird lmao
Old 1st May 2015, 06:53 PM
Secret Initiate

I don't really care that she sings in Engrish because she chooses to do so. If that's what she wants, then whatever. Her pronunciation has always been all over the place, but meh lol. Stranger gives me life. Slay me Zedd.
Old 1st May 2015, 07:21 PM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by terra View Post
Ooh yes I always do that kind of thing with her fashion songs lmao
idk why but she has some good model strutting songs
I liiiiive for that fierce ass runway walk she did for Supernatural Love in last year's Live Style.
Old 1st May 2015, 07:21 PM
Initiate

I couldn't care less about the lyrics. The album seems to be as good as Feel, and I'll probably change the tracklist to put BALLERINA / SWEET KISSES / Neonlight Lipstick with the album.
Old 1st May 2015, 07:32 PM
Memorial address (take 2 version) Initiate

lmao this album's not going to be anywhere near as good as FEEL.
Old 1st May 2015, 07:54 PM
ayu-mi-x Initiate

I don't think it'll be better than FEEL either. I'll give it a fair chance, though it's hard for me (as an English-speaker) to look past the lyrics when the music hasn't really done anything for me yet.

Old 1st May 2015, 08:21 PM
Dolls Initiate

wow..people are on fire
I didn't get the chance to hear the previews yet but you guys made me curious lol
Old 1st May 2015, 09:16 PM
As if.. Initiate

LOL some lyrics are really embarrassing and doesn't really seem to fit her personality at all. She's too cool for this.
What's with the selfie references? girl...
Old 1st May 2015, 09:28 PM
Because of You Initiate

she's had some lovely lyrics. My fave has got to be Contrail.
Tempest is nice, Brighter Day isn't bad too. Get Myself Back was lovely as well. Damage was cool also. And a few others. But yeah there are only some. Still not all of her stuff is so shallow.
Old 1st May 2015, 10:05 PM
Initiate

Yeah. Birthday is off-putting to me because I really can't imagine her busting out a tiara and taking selfies. Girl must've recorded this after hanging out at one of Haruto's parties lol. I would love more of that Photogenic persona; fierce, cool and cocky. I looove the chorus cause you can just feel her confidence and sass.
Old 1st May 2015, 10:24 PM
1 LOVE Initiate

But you wanted more new songs instead of the single tracks.... LOL !

TWICE

Old 1st May 2015, 10:41 PM
NEVER EVER Initiate

Love that she's trying something new and that her english is actually improving, i was able to understand what she was singing most of the time. Birthday sounds like a Katy Perry reject however, you're too good for this Namie ugh

Photogenic, Anything, the Instrumental one and Every Woman stood out to me the most and i'm living for Stranger so much it's crazy. It's like Heaven had a love child with Wild and the result is MAGIC <3

Surprised ya'll are dissapointed, but this follows FEEL so i can understand where it's coming from haha.

I can't at some people thinking WALK OF MY LIFE is better tho, i love Kuu but that album sounds like a bunch of western demos by a 14 year old just learning to use GarageBand.

DeviantArt | Coverlandia | Flickr | Tumblr

I’m the only one giving my all
and I suppose that’s how it must be..
i’ll push through the smoke and be buried in noise

Last edited by Benikari47; 2nd May 2015 at 12:58 AM.
Old 1st May 2015, 11:35 PM
Initiate

^ That's a matter of opinion, you can only talk about yours.

To me both albums are/sounds pretty fun and high energy, and that's what pop music is about to me. If you want music with deep lyric, you're looking at the wrong genre.
And I can't with people saying that the lyric doesn't fit her life style, really? Does it really matter? Sure, Britney Spears go all the time to clubs.

Birthday is, indeed, a rip off of Katy Perry's Birthday, but it still as good as the "original".
Old 1st May 2015, 11:51 PM
Lelio Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by artcika View Post
she's had some lovely lyrics. My fave has got to be Contrail.
Tempest is nice, Brighter Day isn't bad too. Get Myself Back was lovely as well. Damage was cool also. And a few others. But yeah there are only some. Still not all of her stuff is so shallow.
But these were Japanese.

People really aren't bothered by the likes of "let me hear you say oh oh" (which we already had something similiar in YEAH-OH, WoWa, LaLaLaLa etc.), or stuff like that.

And lyrics might bother people when they want to sing along and they find themselves sing things that don't make sense or just have often repeated themes in a few songs on the album.

Like someone here said, it would be cool if namie would have a fresh lyrical team or at least someone who would make emphasis on lyrics originally and correction -nothing deep-. Clearly though, it's not a must when you release it to the Japanese audience and that's the main reason why lyrics are as they are.
Closed Thread

Tags
namie amuro, _genic