[Namie Amuro] The 101st Thread - WE ♥ NAMIE FOREVER - - Page 3 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Music Forums > Asian Music Chat > Artists & Bands

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 16th September 2018, 02:31 PM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~angel*ayumi~ View Post
I have the feeling that she wanted to retire after her 20th Anniversary but then the typhoon came and she added another 5 years because she wanted to retire that way (anniversary concert in her home and then a year full of things)
Yes, she hinted as much during an interview she did for her 20th anniversary if I remember correctly, that she would've retired then but the typhoon prevented her from going out the way she wanted and so decided to stay for a little bit longer.

Last edited by AJFmzk; 16th September 2018 at 02:50 PM.
Old 16th September 2018, 03:41 PM
As if.. Initiate

I'm suprised there isn't any final fb post or something, no fan space mail etc.

Edit. Well there it is now!

Last edited by Marcelo; 16th September 2018 at 03:55 PM.
Old 16th September 2018, 03:45 PM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcelo View Post
She posted a thank you message just moments ago
Old 16th September 2018, 03:48 PM
ayu-mi-x Initiate

It's here ... The moment, I couldn't believe a year ago, would come. On September, 16th 2018, one of my most favorite singers, Namie Amuro 安室奈美恵, has retired after 25 years of a successful career in Japan. Being a fan for almost 13 years (since I first discovered Queen of Hip-Pop album), this is a difficult moment, but thanks for all these years of awesome music and your positive vibe that helped through tough moments in life. From now on, there will be an empty spot in my heart that will never be filled by any other singer, it's difficult to imagine there will be no new album, single, concert, not even an interview, but still ... Have a great life outside of entertainment business, Namie, you definitely deserve it!
Old 16th September 2018, 03:50 PM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcelo View Post
http://namieamuro.jp/news/2018/20180916/
Old 16th September 2018, 04:12 PM
Initiate

https://www.facebook.com/NamieAmuroO...68426593226068

Geezus. She's really serious about disappearing forever.
She's not even gonna leave her Facebook page up after this month.

Edit: omg she's not leaving anything up.

https://namieamuro.jp/news/2018/20180917/
https://www.youtube.com/user/AmuroNamiech

There goes my hope of her uploading all her remastered music videos onto YouTube
Gurl is so rich she doesn't even want streaming coins

Last edited by haraiso; 16th September 2018 at 04:18 PM.
Old 16th September 2018, 04:18 PM
WONDERLAND Initiate

I am not surprised about this

Arena Tour 2012 A ~HOTEL Love Songs~ Marine Messe Fukuoka ~ 21.04.2012
Arena Tour 2015 A ~Cirque de Minuit~ Osaka Jo Hall ~ 25.04.2015
Arena Tour 2018 ~POWER OF MUSIC 20th Anniversary~ Saitama Super Arena ~ 07.04.2018
Arena Tour 2018 ~POWER OF MUSIC 20th Anniversary~ Saitama Super Arena ~ 08.04.2018
25th Anniversary Live Tour ~ Beisia Culture Hall Gunma ~ 04.11.2023
Old 16th September 2018, 04:19 PM
talkin' 2 myself Initiate

I don't think shutting down her fanpage is necessary though Even though I won't be checking her fanpage 24/7 in the future, but I definitely will check it once a while for some memory.

||Youtube||Twitter||

set made by apple-pi

Old 16th September 2018, 04:22 PM
As if.. Initiate

If anything I'm more sad about how much time has passed since I was a fan. I remember first hearing one of her songs around 2002. I was 12! And back then as I'm sure a lot of people remember, downloading music was NOT an easy task lol (I'm looking at you Kazaa, limewire, and the likes). All the things I've accomplished since that age and the changes but Namie was a constant thing in my life throughout it all. I was listening to Queen of Hip Pop in high school. Starting my first job with PLAY. Moving out on my own with Uncontrolled. Just putting all that into perspective is sad.

Anyway, thanks for the memories Namie <3 Your music is timeless!
Old 16th September 2018, 04:28 PM
Initiate

I really wish she would leave everything up, even if nothing would be updated anymore.

At the very least her YouTube should be kept open...
How are future generations of fans going to discover and enjoy her music?
Girl hasn't even put her music up on streaming sites.

Last edited by haraiso; 16th September 2018 at 04:30 PM.
Old 16th September 2018, 04:34 PM
As if.. Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by haraiso View Post
At the very least her YouTube should be kept open...
I agree, 100%!!! I can understand killing fan space, her web site, even facebook...but that she will take all her youtube videos away feels quite harsh. But she clearly wants to be left "in peace". No need for future fans and such apparently. Feels quite odd to be honest..
Old 16th September 2018, 04:39 PM
LIKE A CRYSTAL H-Initiate

I know Namie will shut down her fanclub end of this month but wow I didn't expect she would also shut down literally everything else @_@

Himuro Kyosuke-san retired 2 years ago due to health issues but his website & SNS accounts are still up and running

I feel that Namie should leave everything up & running online but she wasn't kidding she literally will not be around anymore , online wise

Guess the next alternative is to rely on her ex dancers if they might have any updates on her ? I don't know if they will still be in contact with Namie though

Even if they will , they probably will not let the public know about Namie's whereabouts in order to respect her privacy

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

My JPop Blog | My Twitter | BRZ Thread 47 | BRZ LiveJournal | BRZ Official Site

Old 16th September 2018, 04:40 PM
I am... Initiate

Baby Don't Cry MV got #1? I'm guessing people voted just for the song and not the video, lol.

Since all her sites are coming down including youtube, I wonder if this means there are no plans to upload her music to streaming sites?

-
BoA gave Namie a shout out on her instagram, and said something like she's looked up to Namie since she was a kid, she fell in love with her wonderful performances and that she loves her. But she wrote it in Korean and I'm just going off the Japanese translation of a fan so if anyone speaks Korean the post is here: https://www.instagram.com/p/Bnx5RREF...ken-by=boakwon
Old 16th September 2018, 04:55 PM
NEVER EVER Initiate

SHINee's Key commented, saying he should have attended her last concert.

Old 16th September 2018, 04:59 PM
LIMIT Initiate

There goes the chance of having her catalogue on Spotify....I was looking forward to it actually. Guess it will never happen since Namie really wants to disappear from us.
Old 16th September 2018, 05:03 PM
Crazy 4 U H-Initiate

I'm kind of surprised of them deleting everything and kind of not surprised. I mean #allfor09/16...she pretty much celebrated going into retiremtent, lol.

I've always been just a casual fan, but I also wanna say thank you for all we got from her in those 25 years.
She is going to be missed on the market.
But she is happy and doing what she wants, so I'm not sad about it either.
I keep enjoying the stuff I love from what she put out.

「変わらないなら 変えるしかない」

Old 16th September 2018, 05:43 PM
As if.. Initiate

She was one of the very first artists who helped me discover J-Pop, along with Kumi, Ayumi and Nami Tamaki. It's so strange knowing that there will be no more singles, albums, or tours...

I had a feeling her staff would close nearly all her pages down, but I thought they would at least wait until January. Just to give fans time to at least have proper closure. Crazy how they won't leave her website up, even just as an archive or memorial of sorts.
Old 16th September 2018, 06:31 PM
MY STORY Initiate

The whole disappearing entirely leaves a little bit of a bitter taste in my mouth, personally. People still want to enjoy her even after she's gone. I imagine a lot of her merch will skyrocket on Japanese auctions sites now.

AYU ~Countdown Live 2012-2013 ~WAKE UP~ [29.12, 31.12], AYU ~CDL Cirque du Minuet [29.12.14], AYU TROUBLE 18-19 [05.01.19]
Maaya Sakamoto ~Mitsubachi [30.12.12] BABYMETAL [10.01.2015]

BIG BANG [21.10.2015]
Old 16th September 2018, 06:32 PM
I am... Initiate

HMV is having 20% off all Namie products and are printing out special reciepts

Nice photos of the fireworks:
Spoiler:

photo credit: takashi91mile@twitter

Last edited by Xianghua; 16th September 2018 at 06:39 PM.
Old 16th September 2018, 06:54 PM
And Then Initiate

I'm devastated. I know it sounds stupid but every time I've watched/read something related to her retirement, I start to cry.

I am so thankful to have discovered WoWa 13 years ago and let my curiosity get the best of me as to who the girl in the pink mini-skirt with the shoulder tattoo was.

13 years, many mini skirts & boots later, I can say that I have been completely satisfied as a fan of the entire discography of this true J-Pop icon.

I will never forget the rush, thrill, and excitement that came with the announcement of a new Namie Amuro banger. Back then, I remember getting hyped about new releases with a few AHS members over twitter.

I still remember hearing songs like Yeah-Oh and truly believing Namie was launching us into a new era of J-Pop. It was that ability to always produce a fresh sound and image that I believe resuscitated Namie's career and kept her on top until her retirement.

As others have mentioned, her music got me through the ups & downs (pun intended) of high school, she was with me all throughout college, and when I finally moved out on my own and became independent, she was very much a part of my daily soundtrack. These past 13 years would have been a lot rougher without her female empowerment tracks pushing me through.

There is a reason that she has had such longevity, has overcome such adversity, and was adored so much by her Japanese and international fans alike. Although many of us have joked about the "can't-be-bothered" queen over the years, there has always been an endearing quality about Namie that kept us coming back for more and seeing where she would go next. It was that genius and mystique that cemented a place for her in Japan's history of legendary musicians and, personally, cemented a place for her in all of our hearts.

It has been an especially trying journey being a fan of artists in both J-pop and K-pop over the last 16 years. I am a stan of Namie, Utada, 2NE1, and Big Bang, so as you can imagine it has been a 16-year journey of patience. Personally, I am grateful that Namie carried the torch and passed it off to Utada once she came out of her hiatus.

And now that I've rambled on for what seems like forever, I just want to thank Namie one last time for holding on for her fans. We all know she was a very shy, humble, and private person and so it was only a matter of time before she put this blazing fire of a career out. I am just so glad she left us with 12 original studio albums and 7 compilation albums to enjoy until the end of time.

Thank you for letting me ramble for a moment and thank you to Namie for her impact in the Japanese music industry. We will never forget you.
Closed Thread

Tags
namie amuro