ayumi hamasaki COUNTDOWN LIVE 2014-2015 A, Cirque de Minuit - Page 13 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12th November 2014, 05:04 PM
Rock'n'Roll Circus Initiate

Honestly, I don't like it either. But I have a hard time believing that ayu would purposely cheat someone. It's not like she would handle any kind of deal, Avex would. I doubt she'd have a say at all.

教えてよねぇあなたならこの時代をどう生きる
Ayu Concerts I've Attended:
Arena Tour 2013: A BEST LIVE
Arena Tour 2015: Cirque de Minuit
Arena Tour 2016: MADE IN JAPAN

You can find me on the gram: https://www.instagram.com/b_utifulfighter/
Old 12th November 2014, 07:11 PM
Because of You Initiate

man can her team be any more lazy, though i dunno why we all still get surprised, he covers are 30sec work no thought in theme or the font anything really. The only thing i see them putting in some effort is her tours, the rest is just.... ugh....
If she actually ahd professionals working for her, we'd see a whole different level. i mean i am not as good as some people on here but even i can do better.

i know how it feels when a company wants to use something you've done, it feels awesome, but in this case it's like they did it and it was out of the blue for that dude. At least send that guy a signed album or a photo, they can do that much can't they if they don't want to pay?

Last edited by BlackSilence; 12th November 2014 at 07:15 PM.
Old 12th November 2014, 08:31 PM
appears Initiate

I'm glad they simplified the logo, but the font in the original is better. It actually has effort put into it and isn't just "what looks like" a cheap free font on Microsoft Word. Also in the fan logo it's tight. It's too large in the official. There's a ton of negative space on the left.
Old 13th November 2014, 12:06 AM
rainy day Initiate

Regarding the logo, anyone notice the dice are all wonky? The sides aren't in proper perspective to one another.
Old 13th November 2014, 12:59 AM
WE WISH Initiate

Inspiration. Theft. Different ways of looking at things.

The most avex could do I think is acknowledge that the logo was inspired by Prince Sam by means of a one line photo cred type of thing, provided that someone on their team ended up finded out who he was. Anything more than that would just be super nice of them and cool for the guy.

They probably and the artist probably didn't make a big deal about it because it was changed enough to be simply 'inspiration' and because it was fan art in the first place. And the main point of the logo is the A logo which I'm pretty sure is copyrighted and then ayu's name and the title of the concert. Unless Prince Sam had some sort of legal rights to his design (which is probably illegal?), there's probably nothing he can do. And honestly, to me, it's not a big deal. He's happy. We don't know all that went on or if he was reached or let himself be reached. We just know ayu asked about a fan logo and now we have a logo that took inspiration from his. I may not be accurate about everything, but this is how I see it right now.

In other news, both of those logos suck. They need to revamp her team or something. Or really ayu should just revamp her personal taste since she seemed to like it. I hate tacky.

Ayu 💛 JASMINE 💛 Hikki 💛 Eiko 💛 MELL
♡ MUCC ♡

Twitter

Last edited by primavera♥; 13th November 2014 at 01:04 AM.
Old 13th November 2014, 01:10 AM
CAROLS Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earth_maiden View Post
Saw this on TA, I think this may be the official logo:

It sucks
Old 13th November 2014, 01:53 AM
Heartplace Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by primavera♥ View Post
Inspiration. Theft. Different ways of looking at things.

The most avex could do I think is acknowledge that the logo was inspired by Prince Sam by means of a one line photo cred type of thing, provided that someone on their team ended up finded out who he was. Anything more than that would just be super nice of them and cool for the guy.

They probably and the artist probably didn't make a big deal about it because it was changed enough to be simply 'inspiration' and because it was fan art in the first place.
No. Sorry, but no. That's not how plagiarism works. It's not inspiration. It's theft - plain and simple. It doesn't matter that they didn't steal the entire logo ver batim. They still stole pieces of it, and that's theft. Not inspiration.
Old 13th November 2014, 03:31 AM
WE WISH Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Punks View Post
No. Sorry, but no. That's not how plagiarism works. It's not inspiration. It's theft - plain and simple. It doesn't matter that they didn't steal the entire logo ver batim. They still stole pieces of it, and that's theft. Not inspiration.
But it wouldn't be plagiarism had they just given him credit? Because I can't see people calling it that if they had. So since avex didn't give credit, they stole (which always assumes a lack of permission which seems to be the case here) some parts of Prince Sam's logo. Okay, I can dig it. That still doesn't change anything else that I said including things that weren't quoted. Prince Sam can be considered using theft to make his logo for at least one thing and possibly other things, but I don't know much about his graphic design. But I guess it only matters when you're a rich company, even when someone's using part of the product you made in something you stole from them.

People use things from others all of the time. It may not be right. But like in this case, it goes both ways, so what can you really do unless you have the ability to claim copyrights, intellectual property or whatever?

Ayu 💛 JASMINE 💛 Hikki 💛 Eiko 💛 MELL
♡ MUCC ♡

Twitter

Last edited by primavera♥; 13th November 2014 at 03:35 AM.
Old 13th November 2014, 04:43 AM
July 1st Initiate

Regarding the art world, how many of you actually work with the art and business world? Something tells me not a lot of people here do. Not that there is anything wrong with that but I'm starting to get pissed off at all the assumptions being made by people here.

I'm working as an art buyer/seller right now so I know how a lot the art and business world works. The reason the fan and/or may not be saying anything about payment or any other form of compensation is a non discloser agreement. The original creator of the logo might have been paid a large sum of money to not say anything. If a non-disclosure agreement is violated it can have major repercussions.

Some companies are very open about their business deals there are some that are very secretive. I myself have had to sign many, MANY confidentiality agreements which has sometimes involved lawyers for all parties when closing a deal. Other times the deal is agreed upon by whichever party I'm representing and the person and the person buying/selling.

While I know some companies can be shady, I don't think it's fair for a large group of people to sit here behind a computer screen and say the logo was plagiarized, stolen, theft, ect. If you were not involved directly it's better to close your mouth and stop assuming the worst.

Old 13th November 2014, 04:51 AM
theme of a-nation '03 H-Initiate

I think people are reacting like this because the first time they used it, they only said it was inspired by a fan.

This time, the fan was surprised as everyone else when the official logo came out. This, to us, looked like he didn't know whatsoever.

I don't know about nondisclosure agreements, but if he did sign one, then good one faking it.
Old 13th November 2014, 04:53 AM
Rock'n'Roll Circus Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Bee View Post
Regarding the art world, how many of you actually work with the art and business world? Something tells me not a lot of people here do. Not that there is anything wrong with that but I'm starting to get pissed off at all the assumptions being made by people here.

I'm working as an art buyer/seller right now so I know how a lot the art and business world works. The reason the fan and/or may not be saying anything about payment or any other form of compensation is a non discloser agreement. The original creator of the logo might have been paid a large sum of money to not say anything. If a non-disclosure agreement is violated it can have major repercussions.

Some companies are very open about their business deals there are some that are very secretive. I myself have had to sign many, MANY confidentiality agreements which has sometimes involved lawyers for all parties when closing a deal. Other times the deal is agreed upon by whichever party I'm representing and the person and the person buying/selling.

While I know some companies can be shady, I don't think it's fair for a large group of people to sit here behind a computer screen and say the logo was plagiarized, stolen, theft, ect. If you were not involved directly it's better to close your mouth and stop assuming the worst.

教えてよねぇあなたならこの時代をどう生きる
Ayu Concerts I've Attended:
Arena Tour 2013: A BEST LIVE
Arena Tour 2015: Cirque de Minuit
Arena Tour 2016: MADE IN JAPAN

You can find me on the gram: https://www.instagram.com/b_utifulfighter/
Old 13th November 2014, 08:29 AM
Born To Be... Initiate

Hmm... if Prince Sam doesn't mind, I wouldn't bother. This is his fight, actually, not ours.
And he seems to be enthusiastic. So. Yeah. It's fine I guess.
Old 13th November 2014, 08:32 AM
Who... Initiate

The logo doesn't match up with the title of the concert at all lol. I do like it, but I'd prefer the other 2 fanmade logos we saw around here/twitter.

Set by YuriChan

Old 13th November 2014, 09:00 AM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Bee View Post

People over here tend to mistake their assumptions for reality...

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 13th November 2014, 12:17 PM
MY STORY Initiate

I actually prefer this to the one she used last year. I HATED the pop-art inspired logo.

AYU ~Countdown Live 2012-2013 ~WAKE UP~ [29.12, 31.12], AYU ~CDL Cirque du Minuet [29.12.14], AYU TROUBLE 18-19 [05.01.19]
Maaya Sakamoto ~Mitsubachi [30.12.12] BABYMETAL [10.01.2015]

BIG BANG [21.10.2015]
Old 13th November 2014, 03:02 PM
winding road H-Initiate

I hate the final logo. The original fanmade logo wasn't bad, but this final version actually looks worse, they managed to make it look plain boring. And it still has nothing to do with circus...

Old 13th November 2014, 10:23 PM
1 LOVE Initiate

If Prince Sam doesn't mind, I think is OK. I actually like the logo, but not for this CDL.

TWICE

Old 14th November 2014, 01:25 AM
No way to say Initiate

Don't care about the logo..probably won't see it or have to look at it for more than a minute combined ever in my life.
Old 14th November 2014, 05:08 PM
POWDER SNOW Initiate

It's so tacky but it's just a logo so everyone really needs to chillax
Old 14th November 2014, 05:26 PM
Paper Doll Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikku1994 View Post
It's so tacky but it's just a logo so everyone really needs to chillax
So glad to know that I'm not the only one who uses the word "chillax."

Closed Thread

Tags
#cdl, #cirque de minuit, #countdown live, #live, #logo, cdl, cirque de minuit, countdown live