What do you Think of Zutto... / Last Minute / Walk? - Page 2 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Chat-Room

Notices

Old 27th December 2014, 10:38 PM
July 1st Initiate

I like the typical wintery arrangement of Zutto..., but now I've begun to appreciate Last minute and Walk much much more.

Last minute is a powerful rock ballad. So many people have compared it affectionately to Memorial address, and I agree. It does carry similar gravitas.

But I have to say, the hidden gem is Walk. The song is so...complicated. I could not "see" where the song will go; so inexplicably unpredictable. And her vocals here is amazing, especially toward the end. Wow.

I hope she does these songs justice. They're all amazing.
Old 31st December 2014, 04:36 PM
monochrome Initiate

It's a gorgeous single. The songs are so beautiful and the covers are stunning. Zutto...'s PV is decent and she looks sublime.

My order would be:

1. Last Minute is the best song. What a fascinating track. 10
2. Walk is indeed a hidden gem as some pointed out. The arrangement is so delicate yet powerful, like Ayu's voice. 9,5
3. Zutto... is my least favorite. I like it though, I find it charming. It's a better than decent tune. 8

Total: 9,2

Old 1st January 2015, 04:08 PM
Rock'n'Roll Circus Initiate

I can't believe how much they've grown on me. I didn't really like any of them all that much the first day. But now...I think they are spectacular. Beautiful lyrics, and great melodies!

教えてよねぇあなたならこの時代をどう生きる
Ayu Concerts I've Attended:
Arena Tour 2013: A BEST LIVE
Arena Tour 2015: Cirque de Minuit
Arena Tour 2016: MADE IN JAPAN

You can find me on the gram: https://www.instagram.com/b_utifulfighter/
Old 2nd January 2015, 01:39 AM
As if.. Initiate

Zutto... (4/5):
It's a great ballad. Well composed. From my perspective, it's about a woman who's deeply in love and wish nothing but the best for the person whom she cherish, but at the same time, she fears that happiness won't last forever. So she wishes the moment that they are sharing will last forever. Well written! It's indeed a head-scratcher for those who's on the borderline of whether to categorize this as a happy or sad song.

Last Minute (5/5):
This song hit home for me. Not only the song was well composed and catchy, the lyric goes along with the song very well. The song reminds me of the last minute that I have to say goodbye to the person that I love. I fell in love with the song from the first time I heard it. It's real and Ayu did a great job of NOT sugar-coated this! Kudos to the Queen. I love when she's angry

Walk (3/5):
I'm having hard time digesting this song. It's a beautiful ballad, but it's doesn't fit my taste. It's soothing and I understand Ayu trying paint a beautiful and peaceful atmosphere when she wrote this song, but it doesn't leave a mark in my heart. When I listen to this song it reminds me the journey that she had taken, the feelings she had experienced and it encourages me to walk toward the future.
Old 10th January 2015, 10:48 AM
Depend on you Initiate

I think Zutto is lovely, I haven't heard the other two yet because I bought the video from ITunes and forgot to buy the single....don't look at me like that, its not my fault I was born dumb....LOL, Anyway, I was thinking that it is one of Ayu's prettiest ballads and the PV is just stunning, so simple and elegent
Old 15th January 2015, 09:33 PM
INSPIRE Initiate

it's a 10 out of 10 release for sure, ayu needed this single, avex needed this single and more, we fans were craving for something like this =)

on the other hand, judging by the song's appeal, it's a 4 out 5 single =)
Old 16th January 2015, 12:23 AM
Daybreak Initiate

It's a great single, not just fairly good like her previous one. (Feel the love)

It brings back Ayu's signature and this is what we need.
I feel this is the true "ayumi hamasaki" compared to most of her recent works.

Another good thing to mention: there's no English words in the lyrics, except title.
There's one though, "paatsu" / parts in Last minute, but it's all in katakana.
Not that I hate her pronunciation or else, but she's always at her best if there's no English.
Quote:
神はご自分のひとり子を与えるほどに世を愛されたからだ。それは,彼を信じる者がみな滅びることなく,永遠 の命を持つためだ。
Old 17th January 2015, 01:11 AM
1 LOVE Initiate

I like the single, but I can't see the "oh ayumi is back with her original sound", honestly there are a lot of better ballads

TWICE

Old 18th January 2015, 08:15 PM
Because of You Initiate

I really wasn't fond of Zutto.. at first but now i absolutelly adore that song. So basicly to me the whole single is a gem now.
Old 19th January 2015, 02:10 AM
End of the World Initiate

All three songs are great for me! There are full of energy ballads, after CoLOURS I feel so good to have this type of songs.
Old 19th January 2015, 08:02 PM
Beautiful Day Initiate

I thought it was a cute lil affair.
a 7/10

Tags
last minute, walk, zutto...