~Chart & Sales~ talkin' 2 myself Single - Page 2 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 19th September 2007, 12:49 PM
I am... Initiate

i think it did pretty good on its first day of sale
Old 19th September 2007, 12:51 PM
Initiate

I think its bad. I think she will sell 80.000 - 90.000 Singles in the first week.
Old 19th September 2007, 12:55 PM
Lelio Protector

Generally I wouldn't say it's actually bad, considering Angela Aki is one of the populars (her HOME sold around 530,000) and her TODAY album sold first day less than ayu's single's first day (of course the album will end up selling more 'cause it's an album)... and kumi's last single..., Generally sales became really really lower.
People almost don't buy CDs at all anymore...
Old 19th September 2007, 12:57 PM
ayu-mi-x II Initiate

Well I'm finally back from Japan...I managed to get a copy on the 18th in Japan by taking a detour to Shibuya before I went to the airport lol. Soooo happy I was able to get it. Buuuut no pic on the 109, what the crap! Would've looked sooo good on the 109... Promotion is kinda lame! I saw one friggin billboard in Ginza and it was in the middle of nowhere! I want more Ayu everywhere!

And what the crap is wrong with people on oricon, they keep posting a bunch of smack about the single! Rockin good single~ But look at all the 1/5s they keep putting up! If this single doesn't do well, then I have no faith in the Japanese market. I'm gonna blast t2m tomorrow on my shiny new d-snap. WAH.

Old 19th September 2007, 12:58 PM
Depend on you Initiate

is it good sale ? the real number is 15010 or 26268 ? '__' (sorry I don't understand -__-')
First day 's sale of glitter was ?

Ayumi, do you want marry me ?"

Old 19th September 2007, 12:59 PM
Lelio Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiruNoKaze View Post
Well I'm finally back from Japan...I managed to get a copy on the 18th in Japan by taking a detour to Shibuya before I went to the airport lol. Soooo happy I was able to get it. Buuuut no pic on the 109, what the crap! Would've looked sooo good on the 109... Promotion is kinda lame! I saw one friggin billboard in Ginza and it was in the middle of nowhere! I want more Ayu everywhere!

And what the crap is wrong with people on oricon, they keep posting a bunch of smack about the single! Rockin good single~ But look at all the 1/5s they keep putting up! If this single doesn't do well, then I have no faith in the Japanese market. I'm gonna blast t2m tomorrow on my shiny new d-snap. WAH.
People just don't get what's a high quality single/album anymore.
t2m is one of the highest and look how they treat it
Old 19th September 2007, 01:00 PM
talkin' 2 myself Initiate

Ummm. Not bad.

But "glitter/fated" had 23,000+ for sales point in the first day. The "t2m" first day sales point is lower than "glitter/fated"'s 2nd day's sales point.

Girls' Generation is .

I am... Initiate

^i think its doing good already...nowadays very few people would like to buy singles..
Lelio Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiruNoKaze View Post

People just don't get what's a high quality single/album anymore.
t2m is one of the highest and look how they treat it
Almost everyone download (legally or not legally) or just buy or wait for the album...
Old 19th September 2007, 01:01 PM
I am... Initiate

^i think its doing good already...nowadays very few people would like to buy singles..
Old 19th September 2007, 01:02 PM
BRILLANTE Initiate

this 1st day sales lower than glitter..
hope this week she will get 1st weekly chart so ayu have 17 consecutive singles at #1
^^
Old 19th September 2007, 01:30 PM
ayu-mi-x II Initiate

Ok so apparently people post smack on amazon.co.jp and then Oricon displays that. zomg I don't like these people lol.

It already has like 99 reviews up. Heyyyyy masa for the defense! go go go~

Oh crap guys, I just realized. Like, it's only the last 10 or so reviews that are all 1star. The first 90 or something have a ton of solid 5/5s hahaahaha WOOOO. Stupid Oricon needs to randomly display reviews.

Old 19th September 2007, 01:42 PM
A Song for XX Initiate

yeah right singles aren't that great... I never buy singles O_o
Old 19th September 2007, 01:45 PM
Lelio Protector

If it will be #1 weekly then ayu will break the record for the artist with most #1 consecutive singles artist in Japan (or female & solo artist)?
Old 19th September 2007, 01:54 PM
ayu-mi-x II Initiate

lol sorry, I just realized that there are 99 reviews on amazon. Apparently the recent 10 or so are chock full of 1/5s. Buuut if you look at the others, there are a LOT of solid 5/5s WOOOO

masa posted too, it was a good post, go masa!

But seriously, I don't understand how people write these lame critcisms. They keep calling her like...bakemono. like some kinda hideous monster. I remember reading one that was like "odoru na! migurushii kara" which means like "zomg don't DANCE it's fugly." mi [watching] + kurushii [painful] = migurushii (I love Japanese haha). I need to punch some of these people out, seriously you guys...

Old 19th September 2007, 01:58 PM
Voyage Initiate

I guess the Japanese prefer cheerful/sad song over rock? o_o
Old 19th September 2007, 02:00 PM
Fly high Protector

This is 7k lower than glitter sold on the first day? Thanks for the news. Well, I hope it will get a boost tomorrow as this single sure deserves to sell good!

Yeah, some of those reviews of the singles are just plain stupid. I have stopped to read them a long time ago @#%$
Old 19th September 2007, 02:01 PM
P.S II Initiate

What's wrong with the sales? She's #1, what more do we actually need =x Thanks for sharing
Old 19th September 2007, 02:04 PM
Virgin Road Initiate

wonder...why it can be so low..hopefully second day sales and for the rest week of the week sales will become stable not drop down so much

Ayumi Hamasaki...Queen of my life...

Old 19th September 2007, 02:07 PM
Depend on you Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayumisrael View Post
Generally I wouldn't say it's actually bad, considering Angela Aki is one of the populars (her HOME sold around 530,000) and her TODAY album sold first day less than ayu's single's first day (of course the album will end up selling more 'cause it's an album)... and kumi's last single..., Generally sales became really really lower.
People almost don't buy CDs at all anymore...
Except for the Johnny's boys.
They seem always sell more than 160k.
for example:
Kinki Kids first week sales = 190495
Arashi first week sales = 192196

So it's not like the sales decrease in general, but maybe they just got tired of Ayu? >_<
You can see the reviews of t2m on amazon japan, who gave it 1 over 5 stars, mainly complaining how she released the singles way too quickly (2 months spare).
I mean, come on! Ayaka did the same thing, so does Angela Aki, Arashi and Kinki Kids (released album and single in 2 months spare), I don't see people complaining much...

*sighs*
poor Ayu.

deviantArt || Last.fm

Last edited by m-ayu; 19th September 2007 at 02:09 PM.
Closed Thread