The C-pop/M-pop Discussion 3rd Thread - Page 9 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Music Forums > Asian Music Chat

Notices

Old 2nd August 2017, 01:42 PM
Sky high Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linoa62 View Post
Starring Jane is a best actually, not a studio album, it was a Taiwan only release. This best includes some of her biggest theme songs hits (TV & movies).

1. You Are My Sunshine (”何以笙簫默” My Sunshine movie theme song)
2. 轉眼一生轉身一世 A Lifetime In The Blink Of An Eye (”於無聲處” In The Silence drama OST)
3. 無字碑 Wordless Stone Tablet (”武媚娘傳奇” The Empress of China drama theme song)
4. 敢為天下先 Dare To Be The World's First (”武媚娘傳奇” The Empress of China drama OST)
5. 老地方 The Usual Place (”我的早更女友” Meet Miss Anxiety movie theme song)
6. 破曉以後 Gem of Love (”龍之谷:破曉奇兵” Dragon Nest: Warriors' Dawn movie theme song)
7. Be Here (”露水紅顏” For Love or Money movie theme song)
8. 終於等到你 Finally Waited for You (”咱們結婚吧” We Get Married drama theme song)
9. 陪你走到底 Accompany You Til The End (”我愛男閨密” Honey Bee Man drama theme song)
10. 這麼近那麼遠 So Far So Close (”80後” 80s movie theme song)
11. 真愛的味道 The Taste of True Love (”無價之寶” Treasure Hunt movie theme
song)
12. 木蘭星 Mulan (”花木蘭” Mulan movie theme song)

Jane's English album release has been postponed by the way (its first two singles are Dust My Shoulders Off & Battlefield).
In the first place it was supposed to be released in April... But all we got was a Dust My Shoulders Off remix produced by Steve Aoki in early July.
Actually Jane scrapped some tracks and has been recording others. She recorded a couple of weeks ago 3 tracks produced by will.i.am.
According to what she said in early July to billboard, she wants to make her album more upbeat:
Thank you for your answer. It's so much easier for me to have english titles. I didn't know it was actually a best album.
Old 2nd August 2017, 01:47 PM
Greatful days Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy1111 View Post
Khalil Fong is already releasing a new album? Journey to the West was only released a year ago and it was DOUBLE album... this guy is working like crazy!

Coming Home by Will Pan is nothing special for me .. title track (Clown) from his previous album was much better. Moreover, Garden of Eden song and music video is like a masterpiece for me! So he simply cannot beat that with Coming Home

Cannot wait for new albums by Elva and Stefanie! It has been like forever since their last albums. And I was quite dissapointed with Elvaīs last work Shut Up And Kiss Me so I hope this album will be much better.

... and despite what Jolin said in the interview, I still somehow donīt believe she will be able to release an album by the end of this year. She is perfecionist and she still doesn t have lyrics for a lot of songs so I would expect a new album at the beginning of next year. But thatīs just my personal feeling
Khalil:
He started producing songs a few months ago, it seems that he had inspiration... And he got his new album's concept 2 years ago something like that?

Will:
He wanted to go back to his "hip-hop" roots but to be honest I'm not really into the two songs we got at the moment

Elva:
She's working hard on this new album, it will determine if she'll be relevant again (or not) in my opinion.
Shut Up & Kiss Me was also disappointing to me...

Jolin :
She "only" has 2 sets of lyrics missing but the thing is, we don't even know if the first 8 songs have been recorded or not so...
I have to agree with you on this. I'm just posting what she's been saying but I don't really believe in a release at the end of 2017.
Sometimes when she answers to questions about the new album or its release date she laughs, and I wonder if she's trolling us or something
Old 3rd August 2017, 11:55 AM
ayu-mi-x Initiate

Khalil:
well, he has his own label now, hasnīt he? I think FU Music was founded by him, so realizing that ... I guess, itīs much easier for him to do what he wants now and release new music more often.
Donīt you know how Journey to the West was selling in China / Taiwan?

Will:
in that case, I understand why his new music sounds so different from his previous work. I just donīt know if "go back to the roots" is such a good thing for him.

Elva:
yeah, thatīs a pretty good point. Unlike Jolin, Elvaīs fame is fading away slowly .. she needs a huge hit for sure and cannot afford to have another flop album. Otherwise, she wonīt be relevant anymore .. something similar happened to Rainie.

Jolin:
yes, I know you are just posting what she's been saying .. absolutely nothing wrong about that ;-) Like I said in previous post, I was just sharing my personal feelings about releasing date of Jolinīs new album, thatīs all
I donīt think she is trolling us deliberately, I just thinks Jolin herself has no idea when exactly album will be realesed, so she cannot properly react to those questions. When the work will be done, it will be done. Then we can get some specific info, now she is just in the process of recordings of songs and choosing the rights ones, deciding what concept of album to use etc. so itīs pretty early even for her to say if the album will be ready this year or next one.
Old 3rd August 2017, 04:02 PM
Greatful days Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoake View Post
Thank you for your answer. It's so much easier for me to have english titles. I didn't know it was actually a best album.
You're welcome!

Speaking of Jane, she released today a new song for the Chinese movie 三生三世十里桃花 Once Upon A Time called 十里桃花 Ten Miles of Peach Blossom:

well, he has his own label now, hasnīt he? I think FU Music was founded by him, so realizing that ... I guess, itīs much easier for him to do what he wants now and release new music more often.
Donīt you know how Journey to the West was selling in China / Taiwan?
Fu Music is his own label indeed.
While searching for JTW sales (haven't found anything BTW), I found an article saying that actually he's not the one who will release a new album this year... His label is going to "launch" its first newcomer.
It seems that Khalil said JTW would be his last studio album but he's not retiring, he'll be working behind the scenes or on other projects.

Quote:
Will:
in that case, I understand why his new music sounds so different from his previous work. I just donīt know if "go back to the roots" is such a good thing for him.
I also wonder if him signing with Warner is a good idea...

Quote:
Elva:
yeah, thatīs a pretty good point. Unlike Jolin, Elvaīs fame is fading away slowly .. she needs a huge hit for sure and cannot afford to have another flop album. Otherwise, she wonīt be relevant anymore .. something similar happened to Rainie.
And for the past few years we've been mostly reading articles about her love life and not that much about her music unfortunately.

Quote:
Jolin:
yes, I know you are just posting what she's been saying .. absolutely nothing wrong about that ;-) Like I said in previous post, I was just sharing my personal feelings about releasing date of Jolinīs new album, thatīs all
I donīt think she is trolling us deliberately, I just thinks Jolin herself has no idea when exactly album will be realesed, so she cannot properly react to those questions. When the work will be done, it will be done. Then we can get some specific info, now she is just in the process of recordings of songs and choosing the rights ones, deciding what concept of album to use etc. so itīs pretty early even for her to say if the album will be ready this year or next one.
Oh! I just meant that just because I was reporting things she said, that didn't mean I was "buying" everything. But that was not directed at all to something you said! I'm sorry if my comment was misleading.

Well, speaking of the devil... An article popped out, Jolin found lyrics for one song and recorded it. Progress for lyrics is still slow, she's still searching for lyrics that will resonate with her feelings and what she wants to say.

Something is bothering me...
Unlike Elva, articles are not saying that 8 songs have been recorded but "completed". Does that mean that they're ok music-wise but don't have lyrics?
On baidu one person said ironically "so good, the new album is 10% completed", so I guess that means in the end that 8 songs have been completed but don't have lyrics... LOL a release at the end of 2017 is impossible then.
Quote:
太強了進度神快專輯已經一成了Jolin 3年前推出《呸》專輯後,粉絲敲碗期待她再推全新的音樂作品,Jolin在上個月透露新專輯已完成8首曲,選曲的方式「是要身體有感覺」聽到曲子身體會不自覺律動,雖然新曲有進展但歌詞卻是卡關零進度,她期望找到能表達符合她情感的內容,王永良則表示,Jolin已找到適合的詞,新歌已錄好1首歌了
Old 8th August 2017, 11:35 AM
ayu-mi-x Initiate

Quote:
Fu Music is his own label indeed.
While searching for JTW sales (haven't found anything BTW), I found an article saying that actually he's not the one who will release a new album this year... His label is going to "launch" its first newcomer.
It seems that Khalil said JTW would be his last studio album but he's not retiring, he'll be working behind the scenes or on other projects.
Khalil:
oh, that's completely different situation, but still thanks for the info! I wonder who it will be, but as long as his or her music will be as good as Khalils I'm fine with it.

Quote:
I also wonder if him signing with Warner is a good idea...
Wilber:
Why? They seem to give artists a lot of space for their own creativity. There are some really good singers signed under their name ... Jolin, Jam Hsiao, JJ Lin, Kenji Wu etc.
I guess Warner is still better than Sony Music Taiwan

Quote:
And for the past few years we've been mostly reading articles about her love life and not that much about her music unfortunately.
Elva:
well, I have never been reading these news, it is usually only a gibberish to me so I wasn't "following" Elva for a long time now. Only thing that interests me is her music so I really hope it won't be another dissapointment. Otherwise, she can follow Rainie to the land of oblivion

Quote:
Something is bothering me...
Unlike Elva, articles are not saying that 8 songs have been recorded but "completed". Does that mean that they're ok music-wise but don't have lyrics?
Jolin:
I don't know, but it's a little bit strange. Should be music and lyrics somehow connected? Music for songs is completed but she still doesn't have lyrics for songs? but what if lyrics wouldn't fit to those music? What then? She will be searching again and again?
I am fine with waiting for a new album till next year, but these news are just messy. It would be much better if Jolin would stop teasing us and just simply told us: "it won't be finished sooner than June 2018" (for example). It is always better to work longer and prepare another decent album than hurry things. Her contract with Warner is obviously not a problem so she doesn't NEED to realease a new album this year.
Old 10th August 2017, 06:30 PM
Greatful days Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy1111
Wilber:
Why?
Well, I wonder if they're going to put money into his music... When you watch the first two MVs from his new album, they're good, but they seem to have less budget than his previous ones which were also much better.
illi is available by the way. I think it will be on Spotify worldwide tomorrow.

Quote:
Jolin:
I am fine with waiting for a new album till next year, but these news are just messy. It would be much better if Jolin would stop teasing us and just simply told us: "it won't be finished sooner than June 2018" (for example). It is always better to work longer and prepare another decent album than hurry things. Her contract with Warner is obviously not a problem so she doesn't NEED to release a new album this year.
If she gets/finds all lyrics this month (who knows lol), a December release is still doable in the end since Jolin records her songs quite fast (she rehearses at home before actually recording them).

And who knows? An album by the end of this year is maybe one of the clauses of her new contract with Universal?

Her Taiwanese & Chinese fans at least have been taking it quite well, it makes them laugh actually and they're making lots of jokes about it o_O They didn't seem to be that surprised.
Whereas her Western fans were kinda sad and annoyed about it.

Quote:
Elva:
well, I have never been reading these news, it is usually only a gibberish to me so I wasn't "following" Elva for a long time now. Only thing that interests me is her music so I really hope it won't be another dissapointment. Otherwise, she can follow Rainie to the land of oblivion
What do you think about her new single, "Secret"?
According to an article I've found, it's a "warm-up" song so I guess it's going to be in the new album.
Old 11th August 2017, 01:03 PM
ayu-mi-x Initiate

Quote:
Well, I wonder if they're going to put money into his music... When you watch the first two MVs from his new album, they're good, but they seem to have less budget than his previous ones which were also much better.
illi is available by the way. I think it will be on Spotify worldwide tomorrow.
yeah, I noticed that his new MVs look kinda cheap, but I guess that's intentional. Like you said, he wanted to go back "to the roots" with his music. So not only his first two new tracks sound more hip-hop-ish but also his MVs now look like they've been shot in 00s.
I don't know .. maybe it wasn't intentional at all and I am the only one who has this feeling from his new work :-)
Even though, I still wonder if "back to the roots" (doesn't matter if musically or visually in music videos) was a good idea. I guess Will has more freedom now while he is under Warner, Coming Home was enterily composed by him and also the whole concept of album about "the artist who had a strange dream about giving birth to a baby alien whom he believes is his reincarnation" is made by him, but it is questionable if this "freedom" may help his popularity or not ... not mentioned that this new album concept sounds totally dumb to me I am really curious about sales ...but somethings smells like a flop here.

Quote:
And who knows? An album by the end of this year is maybe one of the clauses of her new contract with Universal? .
I think we would know about that clause by now, but yeah, everything is possible with Jolin

Quote:
What do you think about her new single, "Secret"?
According to an article I've found, it's a "warm-up" song so I guess it's going to be in the new album.
I don't know ... it is kind of ordinary song. But I don't consider it to be a single for new album (maybe it will be included only as a bonus track), so for now I am still waiting for "real" comeback track that will hopefully blow my mind! ;-)

I think the peak of her music was 2006-2010 for me. I love albums 1087, Diamond Candy, Miss Elva, then it was a downhill .. I am Ready and Shut Up and Kiss Me were so-so albums. It is pretty unfornute because I used to like Elva more than Jolin. But then, Jolin took a blast with her Myself album (and Muse .. and Play) and now she is uncomparably better, more inspirational, more musically advanced artist than Elva who has been wasting her chance for a past few years.
Old 14th August 2017, 03:51 PM
Greatful days Initiate

Quote:
I am really curious about sales ...but somethings smells like a flop here.

I only listened to album previews... And well it's listenable but this album seems to be weaker than his previous works.
At the beginning you have a few hip-hop songs, then you have 2-3 ballads, and the remaining songs are mid-tempo. Close Encounter (slow version) is actually an acoustic version, and it sounds way better than the original one in my opinion.
Full album is now available worldwide on Spotify by the way!
https://open.spotify.com/album/2CzfbwQb5OCZTfPglNEu5R

Quote:
I think we would know about that clause by now, but yeah, everything is possible with Jolin
Jolin leaving for Universal is not even official yet: we know thanks to a few articles and thanks to Jolin's fanclubs.
But neither Universal nor Jolin have made it official. It's just an "open secret" at the moment. It will be official when a press conference will be held, so we might get more info at that moment?

I have to admit I find it weird that she seems so eager to release this album this year, when before she was like "lol I'll release it whenever I want to I'm not in a hurry".
EDIT: aMEI wants to release her album this year for it to be eligible for the 2018 GMA... Maybe that's why Jolin wants so much to release it this year too.

Quote:
I don't know ... it is kind of ordinary song. But I don't consider it to be a single for new album (maybe it will be included only as a bonus track), so for now I am still waiting for "real" comeback track that will hopefully blow my mind! ;-)
If Elva's album is indeed coming out in November, we'll most likely get the title song in October.

Quote:
I think the peak of her music was 2006-2010 for me. I love albums 1087, Diamond Candy, Miss Elva, then it was a downhill .. I am Ready and Shut Up and Kiss Me were so-so albums.
I have to agree with this... Miss Elva was so great!

Oh!
By the way, Wang Leehom is set to release a new album next month called A.I. 愛. It's a pun with "ai" ("love" in Chinese) and A.I, Artificial Intelligence. There will be a combination of new technology and music in his upcoming album. A.I will first be released in digital format, physical version will be released later.
First promo pic:
http://ent.sina.com.cn/y/ygangtai/20...r9072102.shtml

A-Lin is also going to release a new album on September 20th.
A new single called "未單身 / Not Single" will be released on August 14th, it's a love song.
Preview

失眠 (Insomnia) from Will Pan's new album is plagiarized from a song by K-Pop boyband Beast (now called Highlight it seems?). I couldn't find the song's title but it has been composed in 2014 by one of the members, Yong Jun-hyung.

Co-composer 房振剛 Jhen apologized and took all the blame. He's a fan of the group and "unconsciously" put these notes from Highlight's song into Will's song.
Video
https://twitter.com/RLjH8oZWijOE5pm/...59946779533313

Will Pan is also sorry and full of regrets since he's the other composer of the song.
2 choices were given by the Korean label: 1. remove the song from illi / 2. pay copyright fees.
In the end insomnia will be removed from Will Pan's album (I guess physical copies of his album are also going to be removed from shelves then).

Last edited by Linoa62; 14th August 2017 at 04:06 PM.
Old 10th September 2017, 11:06 PM
from your letter Initiate

My favourite C-Pop singers are:
Jolin Tsai
Cyndi Wang
Jay Chou
Coco Lee
Faye Wong
JJ Lin
Vivian Chow
Elva Hsiao
Sun Yan Zi
A-Mei
Old 25th November 2017, 09:26 AM
Greatful days Initiate

JJ Lin is releasing a new album next month, 偉大的渺小 Message In A Bottle, on December 29th.
Title song 偉大的渺小 Little Big Us and its English version Until The Day have been released yesterday.
偉大的渺小 Little Big Us: https://open.spotify.com/track/7GrHrcqJO6NZKOx3l0cK5L
Until The Day: https://open.spotify.com/track/28gf8frGJfcYLesKaO0ZcK

He also released a micromovie called 回家的路 The Way Home.

Sun Yanzi (Stefanie Sun) has released a new album called No.13 作品 : 跳舞的梵谷 A Dancing Van Gogh.
Listen to the full album on Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/album/7DdMBPGGAKzda66nxU66J0

Title song

Old 27th December 2017, 08:57 AM
Greatful days Initiate

New album by Lala Hsu, The Inner Me, released today.
https://open.spotify.com/artist/3dI4Io8XE33J2o04ZwjR0Y

1 言不由衷 (The Prayer) 04:21
Lyrics & Music by Eve Ai

2 灰色 (The Gray) 05:22
Lyrics: Haneda, Xie Jinlin, Lala Hsu / Music: Lala Hsu

3 到此為止 (From Now On) 03:40
Lyrics: Ge Dawai / Music: Lala Hsu

4 記得帶走 (When you Leave) 04:26
Lyrics & Music: Lala Hsu

5 病人 (The Patient) 03:44
Lyrics: Daryl Yao / Music: Lala Hsu

6 現在不跳舞要幹嘛 (Just Dance) 03:36
Lyrics: Ge Dawei, Lala Hsu / Music: Lala Hsu

7 大頭仔 (Babes) 03:44

8 兒歌 (The Age of Innocence) 03:31

9 人啊 (We People) 03:39
Lyrics: Nike, Lala Hsu / Music: Lala Hsu

10 心裡學 (The Inner Me) 05:02

11 是日救星 (You Made My Day) 04:08
Lyrics: Lala Hsu / Music: Zheng Nan, Lala Hsu

Old 11th January 2018, 01:59 AM
I am... Initiate

Are there any fans of Singer Sen (歌者森) here? I really like her and she is really creative and talented, but I have not found any info on her/new music in years.
Old 11th January 2018, 05:38 PM
Crazy 4 U H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xianghua View Post
Are there any fans of Singer Sen (歌者森) here? I really like her and she is really creative and talented, but I have not found any info on her/new music in years.
Probably cause she hasn't released anything.
The last song I know she did was Blue Jellyfish in 2013.
Too bad, cause I love her.

「変わらないなら 変えるしかない」

Old 18th January 2018, 10:39 PM
I am... Initiate

Yes, it's a bummer especially because the music world is missing out
Old 21st January 2018, 04:01 AM
appears Initiate

I'm over here like at people saying Elva's Shut Up and Kiss Me was not a great album. I mean, it certainly wasn't I'm Ready, but I loved it as much as any Elva record I've heard. I just wish she would have kept up with the yearly releases from 2014 on.

So, I love A-Lin's new album, and I am a little on-off about Yanzi's new album. I loved Dancing Van Gogh and a few other songs, but nothing has really connected with me on this one or on Kepler like all the tracks on It's Time did. I do love that she returned to a more mixed sound of her older releases and her newer stuff from 2011 forward. I'm also disappointed that Radio wasn't on the new album. She did such a damn good job with that track.

As of right now, I am paying attention to Tanya Chua. She just released 貪圖/Pursuit of Happiness and this is the first song of hers that I've really connected to from the first note through the last. The mood is the perfect companion to the lyrics.

I also want to give my applause to Jam Hsiao for whatever the fuck 皮囊 Pi Nang's PV is. He's so goddamn adorkable.

Right now, I'm really just waiting for the next Jolin and Elva projects. I'm also trying to give myself enough listens of Rainie Yang to see if I can develop a likeness for her music. I love her concepts but I have never enjoyed the music side of her work.

Oh, and I'm completely entrenched in A-Mei again. But I can't expect anything different at this point. PARANOIA and AMIT2 were my favorites of 2014 and 2015, and Story Thief ended up being my favorite of 2017. Saved the damn year from all that bad music!

-> <-
Old 1st May 2018, 06:15 PM
Greatful days Initiate

Latest singles by Angela Zhang:
傳世之愛 Legendary Love for period drama 獨步天下 Rule the World - 11/03/2017

剩下了自己 Myself Only for drama 恋爱先生 Mr. Right - 01/13/2018

沒離開過 Never Left, promo song for movie Till the End of the World - 01/30/2018

Cindy Yen has released an EP (digitally and physically) called 此刻正好 This Moment on February 2nd.

New single by Ella Chen: 終於愛情 Finally In Love for movie Dude's Manual - 04/12/2018

New singles by Hebe Tien:
愛了很久的朋友 A friend who’s been in love for a long time for movie Us & Them - 03/29/2018

最暖的憂傷 Miserable Warmth for drama 溫暖的弦 Here to Heart - 04/19/2018

New singles by Jane Zhang:
Lady Killer for movie Guardians of the Tomb - 01/04/2018

我要的 What I Want - 03/01/2018

貪戀 Lust for drama Return The World To You - 04/19/2018

New single by Jeannie Hsieh (new album release for this summer/fall):
Turn口罩 - 01/01/2018

New single by Jess Lee:
親愛的初戀 Hey Baby for movie Love, Simon - 04/17/2018

New singles by Joey Yung:
全副舞裝 Full Dance Gear with Twins - 01/11/2018

這種天真 Naive for drama Mr. Right - 01/30/2018

鏡子說 The Mirror Says for play 29+1 - 02/15/2018

New single by Selina Jen:
她很漂亮 She's beautiful for drama of the same name - 04/30/2018

New single by Sun Yanzi:
半句再見 A half-goodbye - 03/30/2018

She's currently pregnant with her second child and is basically announcing a hiatus with this single...

New single by Tanya Chua:
割愛 Cherished - 01/12/2018

New single by Waa Wei:
friDay 超展開 feat. J. Sheon for friDay (Taiwanese iTunes) - 04/30/2018
Preview: https://itunes.apple.com/tw/album/fr...gle/1372840331

New single by Eason Chan:
我們 Us for movie Us & Them - 04/10/2018

New singles by Jam Hsiao:
皮囊 Pi Nang - 01/13/2018

斗羅大陸 The Land of Warriors for animated drama of the same name - 01/19/2018

百里守約 Baili Shouyue for game King of Glory - 03/30/2018

New single by Jay Chou:
等你下課 Waiting for you with 楊瑞代 Gary Yang - 01/19/2018

New singles by JJ Lin:
Despacito Mandarin version feat. Luis Fonsi - 01/26/2018

飛雲之下 Under The Cloud feat. Han Hong - 04/23/2018

New single by Khalil Fong:
Ten Reasons - 03/13/2018

New single by Wang Leehom:
再见英雄 Goodbye Hero for movie A Better Tomorrow 2018 - 01/18/2018

New single by Weibird Wei (aka William Wei):
陽光地中海 Mediterranean Sun - 03/28/2018

New singles by Mayday:
什麼歌 What A Song for movie Monster Hunt 2 - 01/31/2018

後來的我們 Here, After, Us movie version for movie Us & Them - 04/13/2018

I WILL CARRY YOU - 04/29/2018

Sodagreen's Greeny (Wu Tsing-Fong), the main singer, is going to debut as a solo singer this year.

Last edited by Linoa62; 1st May 2018 at 06:18 PM.
Old 10th June 2018, 09:18 AM
Greatful days Initiate

Wu Qing Feng's first single: Everybody Woohoo feat. 9m88.
Old 7th August 2018, 10:22 AM
Greatful days Initiate

S.H.E not disbanding, will celebrate 17th anniversary with free concert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Entertainment Toggle SG
Fans of S.H.E were thrown into a state of panic and confusion yesterday when reports of the trio disbanding emerged. Industry insiders claimed that Ella Chen has no intention of extending her contract with their current company, HIM International Music, whom they have been with since their debut 17 years ago. S.H.E’s current contract expires in October.

Ella’s husband, Alvin Lai, confirmed to the media that Ella will be managed by him after her contract with HIM ends. Jinhua Entertainment, which will be set up by Alvin, has an initial investment of NT$3 million (S$134,000) and will be in charge of all of Ella’s activities.

However, Alvin also assured the media that S.H.E will still continue as a trio, declaring that “the three of them are inseparable”.

In a statement by HIM, they confirmed that S.H.E and the company have been together for so long that they are family, and will always put the singers’ future as their priority. They continued that a large-scale 17th anniversary bash has been planned for September 11, asking fans to anticipate more updates to come.

While none of the members have yet to make a statement since the news broke, industry insiders shared that their good relationship is no secret, and that they believe that the sisterly bond between them will be maintained for many years to come.
https://entertainment.toggle.sg/en/e...sband-10522702
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asia One
Don't worry, S.H.E's not disbanding - in fact, the trio will be reuniting to celebrate their 17th anniversary next month.

Fans were concerned whether the Taiwanese girl group will part ways following Ella Chen's departure from their record label HIM International Music last month.

Hebe Tian was quick to reassure fans, saying at a recent promotional event: "We have a strong bond and nobody can tear us apart."
on Facebook

S.H.E announced on Aug 3 that they will be inviting fans to a free open-air concert in Taipei on Sept 11.

At the National Theater and Concert Hall, they will be treated to an intimate performance where Selina, Hebe, and Ella will serenade them with unplugged versions of their classic hits and more.

The Mandopop group was formed after a singing competition in 2001, with members branching out to develop successful careers in singing, acting, and hosting.
http://www.asiaone.com/entertainment...y-free-concert
Old 16th August 2018, 06:18 PM
Greatful days Initiate

G.E.M is going to release 3 EPs til the end of the year to celebrate her 10th anniversary !
This 3 EP project is called "音乐童话三部曲" Musical Fairytale Trilogy.

The 1st one called 另一个童话 My Fairytale will be released at the end of the month worldwide, but it got an early release today in China (August 16th is her birthday as well). If there are any G.E.M fans here I can upload it in the DL section if you want.

Its cover is a drawing by popular Instagram illustrator Giselle Ukardi from Canada.
Spoiler:

Why a fairytale as a project ? Basically G.E.M has grown up in those 10 years and realized that the real world and love are not a fairytale. When she's lost in the modern world, she uses music to create her own "fairytale".

There's a questioning in every song of the 1st EP. All of them have been written by G.E.M and Lupo Groinig.

倒数 Tik Tok*

Limited in time, is every relationship overdue or a gorgeous explosion ?

错过不错 Rightfully Wrong*
Missing a bus and missing someone, there are too many things in life we are unable to keep. Must we feel sorry for what we missed and left behind ?

另一个童话 My Fairytale*
7,5 billion ducklings in the world, is becoming a swan the only happy ending there is ?

*Official English titles

Last edited by Linoa62; 17th August 2018 at 09:04 AM.
Old 17th August 2018, 08:24 AM
Sky high Protector

^I would like to listen to it. I lke the concept behind My Fairytale