[Miliyah Kato] invites you to embrace LIBERTY in thread #7 - Page 2 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Music Forums > Asian Music Chat > Artists & Bands

Notices

Old 3rd March 2016, 08:12 PM
TO BE Initiate

babylon makes it for me this time!

I want to turn into a flower, grow thorns,
wither, fall and rot away
Don’t pick me up, leave me
Forget me

Old 3rd March 2016, 09:20 PM
my name's WOMEN Initiate

^I gotta say yes. I was disappointed by the previews and and HIKARI as a pre-realease but most of the albums tracks are better than most of the single songs. I actually gotta say she should have left all the singles off but they strangley fit - yet the album is to long.

Sorry, to answer your questions: the previes did not do justice to the songs at all.
Old 4th March 2016, 07:29 AM
everlasting dream Initiate

Hmm I'm the opposite, I like the singles more (except that Cake song, but I'm pretending it doesn't exist).

Don't get me wrong, I like the album tracks, but only a few pop out to me so far. Maybe it's a grower.
Old 4th March 2016, 09:12 AM
still alone Initiate

@thinkingoutloud89

Thanks for answering! That does make me feel more hopeful about the album. It's funny how mostly opinions here seem to be positive while on JPC they seem to be more negative.

I can't wait to listen to the album but my tracking status didn't change at all since they shipped it two days ago - who knows when it'll be here.
Old 4th March 2016, 09:42 AM
WHATEVER Initiate

Stand outs: LIBERTY, WANNA BE, CLIMAX, BABYLON, Tengoku door.
Growers: MIRROR MIRROR, Memories.

This album gets better everytime I listen to it.
Old 4th March 2016, 11:49 AM
everlasting dream Initiate

I translated Memories and Want You Back~

Memories (translation)
Spoiler:
Memories in my heart
Memories in my head
The dots connected and we fell
Memories in the kitchen
Memories in my bedroom
Our heat, emotion, dizzy, torn

I lived for those days of blind bliss
My wavering feelings bring everything back, oh baby

The name of the flower you gave me
will wither, unknown to anyone, forgotten
The words of love you gave me
will disappear one by one, good luck, baby

Being alone is no fun at all
I try wandering in the city in a daze
but I can’t find you anywhere
As I chase after people who look like you,
the sun sets
and I feel even lonelier than before

You were crying the last time I saw you
You looked human and beautiful, it stung,
but I hope someone will let me know
when you die, goodbye, darling

I really like the last line for some reason. Chilling.

Want You Back (translation)
Spoiler:
Let’s just forget each other
We’ll go back to the time before we knew each other
We won’t notice if we run into each other
The person beside you won’t be me

Being held by you
The scent of our sweat
I blindly decided it was fate
I honestly wanted no one but you

I pray for your happiness
I pray for your bright dreams
more than anyone else, that’s why this is goodbye
I can’t be with you

Yes, I was the only one in love
The times we were together were the loneliest
But I didn’t mind, even if I was a slave to love
even if you didn’t love me back as much as I did

If you’ve ever cherished me, even just once,
then I’m simply wrong for not having noticed
I gave up. I let go of your hand

If I could fall in love,
be loved and be held
by someone who isn’t you
I wonder if I’ll remember you and cry?

I can’t be with you

Loving rather than being loved
made me happy to be alive
But I did want to experience being smothered with love
by you who I longed for

I can’t be with you

I will forget you
I will love someone who isn’t you
I loved you more than anyone, goodbye,
my eternal darling

I want you back

Last edited by tenshi no hane; 4th March 2016 at 11:55 AM.
Old 4th March 2016, 02:30 PM
Rock'n'Roll Circus Initiate

^Thanks for translating! MIRROR MIRROR is really amazing

教えてよねぇあなたならこの時代をどう生きる
Ayu Concerts I've Attended:
Arena Tour 2013: A BEST LIVE
Arena Tour 2015: Cirque de Minuit
Arena Tour 2016: MADE IN JAPAN

You can find me on the gram: https://www.instagram.com/b_utifulfighter/
Old 5th March 2016, 02:35 AM
immature Initiate

I'm really blown away with LIBERTY, I've been listening to the album non stop. I didn't have any expectations for this album because the singles were so different from each other. I feel like a lot of thought went into this album with the placement each song, how it flows. It feels really cohesive to me and I like the diversity. I had wished some of the b-sides like 'U can love me' would have been included, but now having been listening to it, they wouldn't have really fit the album I think.

Anyway, 天国のドア is really nice, I think Miliyah's vocals are so gorgeous on that track! Ugh, so good. I am really curious how the collaboration with Mikey on 女神の光 came about (I looked him up, he's like a dancer and a drag queen it appears?). I want to say its one of my close favorites on the album, I think they sound good together. MIRROR MIRROR is great and one of the best new songs.
Old 5th March 2016, 11:45 AM
WHATEVER Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackmage View Post
I'm really blown away with LIBERTY, I've been listening to the album non stop. I didn't have any expectations for this album because the singles were so different from each other. I feel like a lot of thought went into this album with the placement each song, how it flows. It feels really cohesive to me and I like the diversity. I had wished some of the b-sides like 'U can love me' would have been included, but now having been listening to it, they wouldn't have really fit the album I think.

Anyway, 天国のドア is really nice, I think Miliyah's vocals are so gorgeous on that track! Ugh, so good. I am really curious how the collaboration with Mikey on 女神の光 came about (I looked him up, he's like a dancer and a drag queen it appears?). I want to say its one of my close favorites on the album, I think they sound good together. MIRROR MIRROR is great and one of the best new songs.
100% agree. It's the best j-pop album of 2016 for me so far, and I'll think that it'll be difficult for another album to top it. I'm not sure how it'll sell, but it deserves to sell well. It's well produced, and it feels like a 'complete' product, rather than the very demo-ie albums that other mainstream female solos have been releasing as of late.

I just love the layering and the sound effects, particularly in songs like LIBERTY, WANNA BE and MIRROR MIRROR. Everything just feels so rich and pretty, and most importantly, 'now'.
Old 6th March 2016, 12:35 PM
neverending dream Initiate

I'm REALLY enjoying LIBERTY, WANNA BE, Tengoku no Doa (probably the best track imo), CLIMAX and Memories (esp. after reading the translation) off LIBERTY. Definitely a more varied offering than LOVELAND was.

Old 7th March 2016, 07:20 AM
appears Initiate

We don't have any Oricon Daily positions?

EDIT: I just looked it up. Here are her daily chart positions since release:

3/1 - #4
3/2 - #4
3/3 - #5
3/4 - #5
3/5 - #7

Sales are extremely low. As of 3/5, the #3 album sold 1,522 copies. If Miliyah is at #7, she's probably dropped to under 1k daily already. Well, I hope this debuts well. I'm just now going to listen to it, but it sounds like everyone is loving this album.

-> <-

Last edited by orbitalaspect; 7th March 2016 at 07:26 AM.
Old 7th March 2016, 02:40 PM
my name's WOMEN Initiate

It's refershing in a way that can't be explained, since it is pretty Miliyah.
Loveland was too forced for me...it just felt lame and UNIQUE is just too try hard for me.
Old 7th March 2016, 05:19 PM
immature Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by orbitalaspect View Post
We don't have any Oricon Daily positions?

EDIT: I just looked it up. Here are her daily chart positions since release:

3/1 - #4
3/2 - #4
3/3 - #5
3/4 - #5
3/5 - #7

Sales are extremely low. As of 3/5, the #3 album sold 1,522 copies. If Miliyah is at #7, she's probably dropped to under 1k daily already. Well, I hope this debuts well. I'm just now going to listen to it, but it sounds like everyone is loving this album.

Yikes... that's really sad to hear with how amazing this album is. I wonder how much promotion is going into this album. Granted I don't know how seriously people take or look to Itunes' charting, but I know LIBERTY got #1 on the Japanese iTunes album chart from what she posted before on instagram when it came out, but currently it is at position #7 while her highest charting song from the album is at #31 with Want You Back.
Old 7th March 2016, 11:56 PM
appears Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackmage View Post
Yikes... that's really sad to hear with how amazing this album is. I wonder how much promotion is going into this album. Granted I don't know how seriously people take or look to Itunes' charting, but I know LIBERTY got #1 on the Japanese iTunes album chart from what she posted before on instagram when it came out, but currently it is at position #7 while her highest charting song from the album is at #31 with Want You Back.
Yeah. She's tumbling down the daily charts now. #3 sold 2,279. LIBERTY is at #12. She's definitely under 1k daily sales.

EDIT: Just to keep some sense of continuity:

LIBERTY "ORICON DAILY":
3/1 - #4
3/2 - #4
3/3 - #5
3/4 - #5
3/5 - #7
3/6 - #12

-> <-

Last edited by orbitalaspect; 8th March 2016 at 12:00 AM.
Old 8th March 2016, 12:05 AM
ayu-mi-x II Initiate

Honestly I don't care about the sales for Miliyah anymore. Sure it would be great for her if it sold better but she's kinda in a Kaela position now. Released albums had some hits, went downhill with sales after the best album, now releasing music more freely like she wants it to sound like (I feel like it's like that because HEAVEN was extremely mainstream sounding for example and TRUE LOVERS was a mix of new and mainstream and LOVELAND had stuff like reisei to jounetsu no aida 'nuff said) There isn't much promotion anymore, let's be honest her looks changed a lot for the worse if her styling isn't on point. I didn't expect anything at all. And after how LOVELAND did this shouldn't be a surprise at all. + International fans can't influence oricon sales at all so... why care? As long as the music is great why care? I have the same mindset with ayu. It's great if something does well but I'm not expecting anything anymore.

This rant aside thanks for translating tenshi no hane!!! Her lyrics are always so intense

tumblr

Old 8th March 2016, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenshi no hane View Post
I translated Memories and Want You Back~

Memories (translation)
Spoiler:
Memories in my heart
Memories in my head
The dots connected and we fell
Memories in the kitchen
Memories in my bedroom
Our heat, emotion, dizzy, torn

I lived for those days of blind bliss
My wavering feelings bring everything back, oh baby

The name of the flower you gave me
will wither, unknown to anyone, forgotten
The words of love you gave me
will disappear one by one, good luck, baby

Being alone is no fun at all
I try wandering in the city in a daze
but I can’t find you anywhere
As I chase after people who look like you,
the sun sets
and I feel even lonelier than before

You were crying the last time I saw you
You looked human and beautiful, it stung,
but I hope someone will let me know
when you die, goodbye, darling

I really like the last line for some reason. Chilling.

Want You Back (translation)
Spoiler:
Let’s just forget each other
We’ll go back to the time before we knew each other
We won’t notice if we run into each other
The person beside you won’t be me

Being held by you
The scent of our sweat
I blindly decided it was fate
I honestly wanted no one but you

I can’t be with you

Yes, I was the only one in love
The times we were together were the loneliest
But I didn’t mind, even if I was a slave to love
even if you didn’t love me back as much as I did

If you’ve ever cherished me, even just once,
then I’m simply wrong for not having noticed
I gave up. I let go of your hand

If I could fall in love,
be loved and be held
by someone who isn’t you
I wonder if I’ll remember you and cry?

I can’t be with you

Loving rather than being loved
made me happy to be alive
But I did want to experience being smothered with love
by you who I longed for

I can’t be with you

I will forget you
I will love someone who isn’t you
I loved you more than anyone, goodbye,
my eternal darling

I want you back

Thanks for your effort!
Old 8th March 2016, 07:06 AM
ayu-mi-x Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryusei View Post
Honestly I don't care about the sales for Miliyah anymore. Sure it would be great for her if it sold better but she's kinda in a Kaela position now. Released albums had some hits, went downhill with sales after the best album, now releasing music more freely like she wants it to sound like (I feel like it's like that because HEAVEN was extremely mainstream sounding for example and TRUE LOVERS was a mix of new and mainstream and LOVELAND had stuff like reisei to jounetsu no aida 'nuff said) There isn't much promotion anymore, let's be honest her looks changed a lot for the worse if her styling isn't on point. I didn't expect anything at all. And after how LOVELAND did this shouldn't be a surprise at all. + International fans can't influence oricon sales at all so... why care? As long as the music is great why care? I have the same mindset with ayu. It's great if something does well but I'm not expecting anything anymore.

This rant aside thanks for translating tenshi no hane!!! Her lyrics are always so intense
I don't know what's your point. If she doesn't sell, she most probably won't release any music in future (look at Nami Tamaki, for example, first albums had great sales, then went downhill, almost no new music at all nowdays). So we all should care about sales if we want hear great music. It's not that simple - she doesn't sale so much, she can do whatever she wants with her music/style. If she continues to "not sell", her label will probably drop her ... or she will be like Mika Nakashima. Only releasing worthless best/remix albums that no one needs.
Old 8th March 2016, 08:03 AM
WHATEVER Initiate

Disappointing sales, but this album is very different to what she has done in the past aside from a few songs (CLIMAX, Want you back, and BABYLON are very 'Miliyah' to me). Also, as others have mentioned, her image at the moment (which I like, as it is interesting) which challenges the more conventional trends making the rounds at the moment wouldn't have helped her either.

If she gets dropped, hopefully she signs to an indie label or something. If not, perhaps we will see a more generic j-pop album next time around. She definitely did put thought into how she was going to market this album though, releasing the songs that were the most casual/radio friendly as singles. It's a shame that didn't pay off for her, but selling CDs these days is difficult if you're not a group or Namie Amuro.

EDIT: It's pretty annoying that Oricon doesn't count digital sales, particularly as LIBERTY made it to #1 on iTunes Japan. It's just so archaic given the digital world we live in. I buy most of my albums digitally.

Last edited by 280301; 8th March 2016 at 08:08 AM.
Old 8th March 2016, 09:41 PM
ayu-mi-x II Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy1111 View Post
I don't know what's your point. If she doesn't sell, she most probably won't release any music in future (look at Nami Tamaki, for example, first albums had great sales, then went downhill, almost no new music at all nowdays). So we all should care about sales if we want hear great music. It's not that simple - she doesn't sale so much, she can do whatever she wants with her music/style. If she continues to "not sell", her label will probably drop her ... or she will be like Mika Nakashima. Only releasing worthless best/remix albums that no one needs.
My point is: since I'm an international fan that can't influence sales by buying a CD because it doesn't get counted (I'd buy it on iTunes though if it was there but it isn't on there yet internationally) I might as well ignore the sales as long as the music is great. And I think her tours are still big enough to think Sony won't simply drop her.

tumblr

Old 9th March 2016, 01:55 AM
immature Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryusei View Post
LOL well you don't have to expect anything but sales or chart positioning is just part of the conversation, the territory. Nothing to get too worked up about. Unlike a lot of other artist pages here, chart ranking is a common conversation or mention worthy post that really doesn't happen much on Miliyah's threads. Yeah it sucks that international sales don't reflect on the Oricon charts, and I might not typically follow sales or charting that much with any artist I listen to but I recognize that sales and charting is still an important factor. The last thing I want is Miliyah to barely be able to release music or to even be dropped from her label (always a possibility if artists continuously don't sell per the standards the record label expects or based on projections for the album, etc. Not that I'm saying she is going to be dropped.)

If I care about it, it is because I like Miliyah, I enjoy her music and as a fan I want her to do well.

Anyway out of curiosity sake, LIBERTY went back up on Oricon's daily album chart.

3/7 - #12
3/8 - #7

I'm really loving that saxophone on Want you back.

Last edited by blackmage; 9th March 2016 at 02:01 AM.